“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Caribbean

You added The Royal Caribbean to your Saves list
The Royal Caribbean
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Kukulcan Boulevard Km 17.5 | Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Special Price Tours!
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Costa Rica
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I liked the place. The wifi was not soo good. I didnt like that you need the key room for everything there, you can not pay in cash or credit card just with the key. I liked that the staff was taking care of the beach and it was beautiful. The hotel is very clean and confortable the rooms.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Suffolk County, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would say that I'm a very critical person and I expect things a certain way, well I definitely got what I was looking for. The property is great. I had no complaints with our room, the staff was very helpful. When we arrived, we was picked up by Canada Transfers (which I'm planning on writing a review because they were great). We got to our hotel around 10pm. We were given a personal concierge, Alejandro, who was awesome. He walked us to our room, made sure we were comfortable for the night, and came back the next morning to tell us about the resort. We stayed for 7 days and I really don't have a complaint. The facility was clean. We ate at Captain's Cove (delicious!!). We at at La Palapa for the Mexican buffet with a show which was well worth it, it was at the attached facility the Mayan. The show was phenomenal. We also ate at La Habuelcha Sunset, they had a Mexican show that was great, the staff and food was wonderful!!. However, it was very hot inside, which when I spoke with someone else during our vacation, they had the same complaints about it being hot in there. We did not do any excursions because we were just fine with enjoying the resort. We were offered to go to the Royal Sands, we never made it but our friends stayed there and said it was fantastic. We did visit their new facility, the Royal Haciendas. I did not like it. I did not get the family feel like the Caribbean had, however, the rooms at the Haciendas are beautiful. When we ran into a guest, they said that they stayed at the Haciendas last week but they did not like the food. We stayed there for a day and the food was not that great. The beach was gorgeous, the sand was soft. Usually when we go away, by the 7th day we're ready to go, well, the 7th day came too soon. Cancun, Mexico is absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to go back. (fyi, all of the photos that are here from other people, are exact to what you get).

Room Tip: I feel like all of the locations of the rooms would be a great location.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Overall this hotel was really nice and the staff were generally accommodating.

I am giving a poor score for service alone because there were several instances where front desk employees (Nina was one in particular that stands out) were flat out rude.

Also, your hands are forced to open $350 on your credit card to purchase ANYTHING ( and I do mean anything-from toothpaste to using the business's center). on the property. This can be a little frustrating especially if you have cash or pesos. Who wants to pay a credit card bill if you don't have to?

On Saturday you have to change rooms which was also a little annoying. Also the beds and linens were more up to date and much more comfortable. This was moving from the 5th floor to the 7th. It may have just been a coincidence.

If you are looking to watch the sunset it won't be at this hotel. The rooms all face the East; so you can watch the sun rise if you're an early riser.

The grounds are among the most clean I've seen by hotel standards. You always see the employees buffing the floor, maintaining the grounds, etc. (which if you're a germ freak like me). This is greaatttt!

Room Tip: If you can afford a large room with a kitchenette that is likely. Good deal. All the larger rooms ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fahaheel, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

i`ve stayed here at he spring break the hotel was fully booked, and when we came we fased a problem with the extra bed they didn`t have so be careful and read the hotel policy, the hotel is a family freindly and if you came with your children they`ll have a good time at the hotel from the painting desk to the tennis. when we`ve checked in they toke a deposit i don`t no if they just toke from us beacause we are guys or for the creditcard ( the room key which you can buy from the hotel spermarket and the restaurent or the coffoe shop) where we can buy any thing.

it is apropriate place for a family and its not for younger travellers

note: the hotel dislikes (springbreakers)

Room Tip: nothing in mind but i`d rather to not to take first block on the beach because it is far from the re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We moved from The Islander to Caribbean for our 2nd week and had high hopes as I thought this would be even better! Yes the Villas are slightly better furnished the resort facilities are bigger but food outlets was not as good as inviting!
The serious No No No was the bug issue in our villa! At one stressful point a good dozen of the mini flies were uncontrollably pouring out of the sink overflow and plug hole! We reported the infestation and from their questioning they knew the 'flies' I was referring to. They had to fumigate twice of neither irradiated the problem!!! I do not usually get bug bites but I received 2 during our stay!
The beach & palapas were not as clean, cig butts , plastic straws...
The Wifi was terrible in the villas!
I just couldn't completely relax!

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful beach, good food.Hotel very clean. Good place to meet with family groups too.My husband and I loved and wanted to stay longer. Excellent ambience. You also get to see the release of baby turtles right there by beach.

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

check in and check out was very slow it took and hour or more both times they had 3 people at the front desk and 30 people waiting i asked them to get more people there but they said no one else knew how to do the job and the boss was in the back not doing anything the guy said it was bad and alot of other people were mad also!! the bath in the lock off the shower smelt like mold we called about it burt no one ever came to check it out.!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Caribbean? Share your experiences!