We stayed here one night in route to our stay on Isla Mujeres because our flight got in too late to make the last ferry and this hotel was relatively cheap and had good reviews. So we were basically there for about 8 hours only to sleep.
We arrived at the airport around midnight (flight from JFK was delayed a couple hours). The shuttle service we had arranged through the Hotel (Thomas More) was waiting patiently and were very friendly even though we were so late. I give the them 5 stars.
So after customs and the drive we finally arrive at the hotel around 1 am or so very tired. There was only one person working and check in took about 30 minutes even though there was only one family in front of us. So we finally get our key and ask if there is drinking water in the room or where they sell it at the hotel because we were dehydrated from the flight (and multiple drinks at JFK waiting for the delayed flight to take off). And they respond by telling us 1. there is no drinking water in the room and 2. there is no where to buy it at the resort (or close by)! What kind of resort in Mexico doesn't have drinking water available!? So we then realize we are in Mexico at 1:30 am very thirsty with no drinking water. It was like a nightmare. We were told there is however, a vending machine at the resort but it only sells soda! We finally just decide to wonder out onto the street and find a 24 hour gas station down the street and buy water. But just getting to the street is like a 10 minute walk. So whatever, we finally get water and go back.
The room was fine, pretty generic but clean enough with the smallest balcony I have ever seen. Like you could barely fit on it standing up. There was no table or chairs on it, it would never fit anyway. The pools and grounds looked really nice but we didn't get a chance to use them. The water at the beach looked very rough. When we checked out Sat morning there were hoards of people in the lobby, I assume because of the switching they make the guests do on Saturday. I would not stay here again even for a night (would pay a bit more for a Westin or something) But if the management reads this - please consider providing drinking water for guests to purchase 24 hours a day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal