We have just returned from a week`s stay at the Royal Caribbean in Cancun. We had a 2 bedroom unit (including the lockout). The unit was certainly large enough for the 2 of us and was well maintained and the daily cleaning was very good. Of the 3 ``Royals`` (Mayan, Caribbean, Islander) I believe that the Mayan restaurants are better quality than the Caribbean. Please note that the 3 Royals are adjacent to one another and a common charge card allows one to eat at any of the Royals in Cancun (there are 5). Also note that the Mayan will be sold this year so in the future you will only have the Caribbean and the Islander to use at this location.
The beaches in front of the Caribbean is pure sand, no coral, but keep in mind that the winds, at least during our week were very strong which made swimming in the ocean somewhat risky (red flags everywhere).
The staff was very accomodating and the 2 maintenance concerns that we had (toilet, safe) were fixed within 10 minutes in each case.
The one issue that I did not appreciate was the ``do not take no for answer`` of the timeshare personnal at the Caribbean. We were on an exchange as we own a number of weeks at different locations and we were not interested in even considering purchasing additional weeks and they were very persistent even when told ``not interested`` as they are now promoting a new development (Royal Haciendas) near Playa del Carmen.
Access to downtown Cancun from the Royal is easy. Buses run every 5 minutes and fare is approximately 65 cents and if one needs a taxi, they are everywhere. From the Caribbean to Cancun International is a 15 minute ride and the Royal does provide a shutttle service for a fee.
Summary: Clean, large units, perhaps dated bathrooms (no jacuzzi) choice of restaurants in 3 adjacent Royals, nice beach, no means no (timeshare promotions)
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Cancun
- Royal Caribbean
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Royal Caribbean Hotel
- Caribbean Royal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into the soft white sand and surrender to the caress of the warm breeze in your own Cancun hideaway. An enchanting beachfront setting, spacious villas, five-star services and friendly ambiance, make The Royal Caribbean a heavenly spot for relaxing and reconnecting with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Amex, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.