My husband and I have been coming here for more than 10-years. We love the resort and the people. If you are staying at the Royal Islander, see Marco, Manuel, Sergio (the new guy) and Juan. Those guys will take care of you at the Key Largo bar with service "excelente". If you decide to have a message, ask for Maggie (she is the wonderful). The fitness classes/instructors are wonderful, yoga at 8 a.m at the Caribbean, Zumba or pilates after yoga class, and the water aerobics is great at either 10 or 11.
The disappointment was the food and beverage, which none of the staff can control. We ate at two of the resort's restaurants and hands down the best thing was the Tacos at Key Largo. We experienced either overcooked fish (Captains Cove), undercooked beef (Key Largo), or just blah food. Which is pricey compared to other placed to go in the area. This is the first time in years that we have gone off property so many times to eat lunch and dinner. The beverages are a bit pricey given the amount of booze they put in the glasses and the beer is priced comparable to everywhere else.
Also, we were surprised to find that one of the activities had a surcharge. Karaoke is listed as something to do in the evenings, but when you show up and order a drink you are charged $20 (could be $10 per person, we were not sure as it is not listed as something with a cover charge). It would have been nice to be made aware of that fee up front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beach, The Royal Islander® offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. Play in the pool. Head for the tennis courts. Sign up for a round of golf at a nearby course and explore ancient Mayan temples at El Rey. Sip a tropical cocktail on the terrace. Savor fresh seafood cooked to perfection. A peaceful ambiance and time-honored hospitality make this resort a truly special place to vacation with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun