1. Sun, Sand, Sea!
2. Service staff are courteous, competent and kind.
3. The made-to-order pasta bar in one of a kind! Mmmm...
4. Clean, well-cared for.
5. Love the sense of community around the pools. Buildings and people are not spread out too far so you feel isolated.
6. #2 above says this, but the Mexican employees onsite were fantastic; their demeanor and desire to serve was exceptional!
Suggestions for Improvement:
1. A high quality book store, either onsite, or close by. What do people do when they're at the beach- read! Yes, lots of folks use electronic books, but many don't, and even if you do, some don't wish to chance dropping a Kindle or Ipad on the sandy beach. We searched the town over for books and came up short.
2. Have fishing equipment onsite for those who wish to fish on shore.
3. Personal Concierge Training: enhance this training for staff to include personal follow-ups after the initial session: i.e. "How's it going? What else may I help you with?" etc. We were misled about our trip to the Royal in Playa- that we'd have lots of time to explore the town following a 90 minute sales session...after 3.5 hours, we lost our time to get to the town.
4. Internet Service: Yes, many of us are spoiled with lightening fast service in the states, but the band width/speed onsite was not acceptable in the rooms, even for patient users. Please improve.
5. More "social and craft activities": i.e. making baskets, carving, painting, bingo nights, etc.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Cancun
- Royal Islander
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded and spectacular, The Royal Islander is a haven of tranquility and relaxation, an exclusive hideaway offering spacious villa accommodation and five-star services.The smallest resort in the Royal Resorts collection, The Royal Islander has an intimate ambiance, a friendly family feeling that makes it a truly special place to be. A privileged location on the highest point of Cancun island gives guests incredible views of the Caribbean, the jungle and the Nichupte lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.