Hotel was really nice and clean. Didn't get involved with much of the staff. Food was just ok. I really didn't care for using the room key for purchases. Would of rather just paid cash. The beach was very nice, but it was way too windy. So, if you are going there to get in the water forget it. The pool was cold and no beach loungers to be had. Also, the sun sets early and you're in the shade. I would choose another hotel on down were it's not so windy. They cater to the time share holders, so If you're not one they really don't bother with you. Would choose differently next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beach, The Royal Islander® offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. Play in the pool. Head for the tennis courts. Sign up for a round of golf at a nearby course and explore ancient Mayan temples at El Rey. Sip a tropical cocktail on the terrace. Savor fresh seafood cooked to perfection. A peaceful ambiance and time-honored hospitality make this resort a truly special place to vacation with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Royal Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun