We have a villa on the ocean and we love it. The sound of the waves is so relaxing. We use our villa as a base and generally travel through out the Yucatan to bird watch. We also love visiting the archaeological sites . There seems to be new ones every year. There is a new museum at the entrance to the properties. The museum is terrific. We have been to the museum in mexico city and in chetumal and this one is just as good. Each is different. Our favorite is actually this one. We also went horse back riding for the first time this year. The ride was excellent and the staff at the ranch was very professional. They have helmets and are very safety conscious. In general we think the thomas trips are excellent and of great value. RI has an busy activity schedule if you plan to do activities at the resort. I did zumba for the first time and really enjoyed it.
The rooms are cleaned every day but sunday. The rooms are very clean, the cleaning staff friendly and helpful and have coming back year after year. The woman who cleans our villa has been here since we first bought 17 years ago. I like also that they are conservation conscious and do not automatically change everything every day - although they will if you wish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beach, The Royal Islander® offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. Play in the pool. Head for the tennis courts. Sign up for a round of golf at a nearby course and explore ancient Mayan temples at El Rey. Sip a tropical cocktail on the terrace. Savor fresh seafood cooked to perfection. A peaceful ambiance and time-honored hospitality make this resort a truly special place to vacation with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun