This past week, me and my family went to Cancun for a quick vacation with a couple of friends. I am accompanied by the wife and our beautiful soon to be 2 yr old daughter.
From Cancun Airport, we looked for the Thomas Moore Agent, we booked our shuttle with them in the US and it was so easy to find them since they have a booth inside and the person manning it pointed us out to the right people. Using their service we were the first ones that got dropped off to our Hotel, met by this friendly fellow that held our baggage until we get checked in. We dined in one of their restaurants and while the bill is somewhat steep, everything hit the right spot and even the chicken fingers was delicious.
We checked in to our villa and was delighted with how spacious and clean everything is, the kitchen is very well equipt, one common complain that we have is the bath drainage. It is very slow to drain out water.
The whole week was filled with friendly service staff and very attentive people. The resort consist of three hotels that is hard to navigate at first but is easy to get used to. They provide various eateries from a cafe to an upscale restaurant and anything in between. They also have specials every night that includes buffets and special dining experience.
The swimming pools are very sufficient, they have a swim up bar and also 3 kiddie pools at about 2 FT that the young ones enjoyed.
The beach is a couple of steps down and the property provides you with chairs and umbrellas, there is also a bar by the beach with service that brings you your drink and food so no need to get up and walk.
Over all we were very happy with the service and amenities of this resort. Will most likely to drop by again next year... or sooner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the beach, The Royal Islander® offers enchanting views of the Caribbean and the Nichupte Lagoon. Seek a moment of solitude at sunrise and enjoy blissful hours in the warm sun. Play in the pool. Head for the tennis courts. Sign up for a round of golf at a nearby course and explore ancient Mayan temples at El Rey. Sip a tropical cocktail on the terrace. Savor fresh seafood cooked to perfection. A peaceful ambiance and time-honored hospitality make this resort a truly special place to vacation with family and friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Royal Islander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Islander Hotel Cancun
- Royal Islander Hotel Cancun