“A Distination in Cancun!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 649 Restaurants in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Swiss, International
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A New Place with style, with taste, with Tradition Service Excellence. Are you ready to delight your palate? Casa Rolandi will surprise you every month. Come and enjoy our specialties is haute cuisine. Relax and enjoy an amazing international cuisine, Few are so wonderful sunsets as you can see in Very Wine situated on the deck of Casa Rolandi, come to experience the romance at its best enjoy our Asian's Tapas menu and live jazz music ... ..You can not pass up this moment.
Greenville, South Carolina
“A Distination in Cancun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great, food, service and location. Pricey but worth it! What more can I say... there is a terrace overlooking the lagoon.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Very nice italian restuarant in Hotel Zone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were recently on a two week trip to Cancun. My in-laws have a time share at the Royal Sands, which they graciously invite my wife and I to every year. We are normally there for 1 week, so this time around we were out to try out some new restaurants. We found Casa Rolandi the first week. We had such a great meal that we went back during our second week, which is something we never do.
Location:
Casa Rolandi is an Italian/Swiss restaurant on the lagoon side of the Hotel Zone. They've apparently been around around for a while; we just never went before. Too bad, because they are quite literally a 5 minute walk from the Royal Sands. The hardest part of that walk is getting across the road. If you've ever been to Cancun's Hotel Zone and ventured outside of your hotel, you'll know what I mean.

But I digress...
Pricing
For Cancun, the prices were about what I expected- A bit on the high side. Again, expected, so no complaints. Most of the restaurants in the area are a bit on the high side. But after the exchange rate kicks in, it works out to a decent deal.

The atmosphere
Very nice. We had the good fortune to witness a marriage proposal one of the nights were there. It's is a very romantic restaurant, looking out over the lagoon. One night we had fairly strong wind and rain, so that wasn't as much fine. The decor is subdued, with low lighting and a piano. the furniture was matched well, in white. I was a bit put out buy the hard plastic chairs that surrounded me, sort of like the kind of chair you'd see on a racing speedboat or something. Not much flexibility, no room to "spread out". Larger persons might have trouble with them. I fall into that category, and I pretty much was uncomfortable. But I didn't let that spoil my fantastic meal.

The food
Even though I was there twice, I sort of limited what I had, but there were 6-8 in our party on both nights so we saw various foods. I absolutely loved the minestrone. Nice smooth flavors, lots of veggies, very fresh.
Our first visit I had the roast beef (Finas rebanada sazonadas con hierbas yservido en su jugo). In a single word, "wickedAwesome" (What can I say, I'm a native New Englander). Anyway, the meat was very tender, the aus jus very tasty, the veggies fresh. I've never previously seen thin sliced roast beef server in Cancun previously. Possibly an oversight on my part.
The second visit I immensely enjoyed the Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken. It's also offered with shrimp, or protein free. The alfredo sauce was also very good.
Other si the part had tried the black ravioli with lobster (very good), the lasagna (reportedly also very good).
There is a fantastic seafood carbonara that is no longer on the menu, but reportedly if you ask very nicely, you might be fortunate.
Dessert were no less deserving of praise. Admittedly I only had ice cream on both nights (Vanilla w/ chocolate sauce and Vanilla with strawberries). Not very difficult, but the ice cream is home made. My wife had tried the Marzipan with coconut ice cream and was very happy with it, and several other had the ice cream with kahlua. These are mostly straightforward desserts, but that doesn't diminish them as very satisfactory.

Overall, for a first (and second time) visit to this restaurant, we were very happy, and will be pleased to go back next year.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York
“Great Setting. Great Food. Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have not been to the Casa Rolandi since it moved to the heart of the hotel zone but am so glad we tried it again. We were a party of 8 and every dinner earned rave reviews. Creative, delicious and perfectly presented! The desserts were also works of art and unbelievably decadent. We loved it so much, we chose to go back a second time within a week!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Still the best restaurant in Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have been eating there for 30 years and it only gets better. The menu is diverse but specially good on seafood dishes.

Westchester, NY
“Lovely Italian-style restaurant in the Hotel Zone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Happy that this restaurant moved up to the Hotel Zone. The decor is beautiful. The pizza bread is a nice way to start the meal. Great calamari too. Everything was prepared as we requested. The individual glasses of white wine came in their own mini-carafes in small ice buckets, a wonderful way to keep the wine chilled. We will definitely go back when we return to Cancun, as we certainly will.

Visited December 2013