We stayed at the Golden Parnassus July 14-20, 2013. This was our first all-inclusive vacation and a bit of a farewell to our 18 year old heading off to college. 24 hours after we arrived our son lacerated his foot while we played the organized basketball game in the pool. The staff rushed to his aide and determined they could not care for it there, and took us to their doctor at the Great Parnassus. He knew right away he couldn't treat it properly and had us taken to the Cancun Hospital ER. We were told before leaving that the hotel would take care of the ER charges and just bring them any receipts. There our son received 6 stitches (8 would have been better) and we were sent off to get antibiotics and pain medicine for further care.
We had to pay the ER before being treated, but did so since we expected to be reimbursed. When we returned we presented the receipts to Maru and Oscar. They told us they would turn it into the hotel's insurance company and reimburse us for all bills. Our son could not get his foot wet again until 5 days later, our last day there. Not much fun for a tropical vacation. Each day we asked the progress of the insurance claim and never got a straight answer from Maru or Oscar. While hanging around the pool that week we heard our son was not the only one to get cut in the pool, as referenced by an earlier review on this site.
Outside of this incident, we thought the staff was very nice and the food and drinks good. We would have recommended the Golden Parnassus to others or considered coming back. Even as we left the hotel another manager, Angel, assured us their insurance company would be contacting us to take care of this. Nothing. E-mails to Maru were answered with empty assurances. Again we never heard back. Promises were made and not followed up on. No one expects to have a medical emergency on vacation, but we would warn you to make sure you have a good credit card when coming here in case something serious happens. We would never return because there is no accountability at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only. Formerly Golden Crown Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun