“Fantastic Experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 14.5, Retorno San Miguelito, Lote 37, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 172 hotels in Cancun
Queensbury, New York
“Fantastic Experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a great experience at the Golden Parnassus. Our group was met at the entrance and escorted to the main lobby where we were given a drink and checked in while we sat and rested from our trip. Our room and bathroom were nice and clean. The food in all of the restaurants was fantastic with plentiful portions and you never went wanting for a drink!!

The pool area was spacious and the beach area was fantastic. The entertainment staff did a great job with activities through out the day and awesome shows at night.

The best part was that we felt very welcomed by the staff, they were always there if you needed anything.

Some standouts include Pasqual, Oscar and Jesus in the restaurant, they always knew what you wanted and who you were. Edith did a fantastic job as our "indoor" cocktail waitress and Gaby was poolside all day making sure you had your drink of choice.

Maru did a fantastic job making sure any needs we had were taken care of and answered all questions. Denise was great getting everyone going with activities. I'm sorry I couldn't get everyone's name, we didn't have one complaint about any of the staff.

The only complaint is that there is a separate charge to get internet service, in this day and age it is unreasonable. They would be better adding $20 to the package and not looking like they are trying to make an extra buck.

We would highly recommend this to couples that want to get away and enjoy themselves!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

3,102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Okay, so let me start by saying me and my cousin had booked the great parnassus for 2 weeks. When we arrived the gentleman behind the desk asked us if we would like a suite at the golden parnassus instead. We weren't so sure as we hasn't checked the hotel out so one of the staff (Pedro) gave us a lift in his car to check out the hotel and the room. We were so happy when they offered us a club room which came with a jacuzzi and mini bar along with a beautiful ocean view at no added cost - also this hotel is adult only which is the opposite to the great parnassus.

The food is lovely at all of the restaurants, we visited the restaurants more than once and the waiters remembered our seat and what we drank. The alcohol was the best too, once again the waiters at any of the bars always had a smile on their face and served you fast and gave u a refill without asking (Carlos in sixties bar). Special thanks to Marina - beach waitress who constantly topped up our pineapple daiquiris whilst in the jacuzzi pool.

Every single one of the entertainment staff where great too. Carlos, Denise, Israel, Nathan, Rafael, Alberto and the others who where involved in the shows.They made the holiday fun and full of activities everyday. Loved the bracelet making! They also put on a fantastic show at night proper full on and give 100% effort. One night a week they have a pool party with a BBQ which is a lot of fun. Every night there is a different club that the entertainment staff take turns on taking the hotel guests out too if they want too. Think the average price is 600 pesos this included taxi to club, entry and open bar normally meaning - bottle of vodka on the table jug of shots and mixers. It's more expensive for coco bongos - approx 900 pesos. Visited all of the clubs and loved every single one of them. Although coco bongos they were pretty slow with drink and only have 1 drink the whole night. Was situated on the floor of the club and felt like it was far to busy to move from where I was standing.

We also visited Congo bar on our first and last night on our own via bus which took about 10-15 mins 10 pesos to get into the centre. Compared to 300 pesos by taxi - we took a taxi home most nights because the bus stop was a 8 min walk from hotel which seems like ages when you are drunk.

Also there is a pool snack bar which is open 24/7 which is great for hungover food or munches for when you get back from the clubs.

The hotel has a good mix of people - young, old, couples, groups from all corners of the world. I met so many great people on this holiday most of them visited this hotel frequently which just shows you how good it is.

Every other night we got to release baby turtles which was an amazing experiencing!!!!

The hotel has a spa which i visited to get a henna tattoo and it was very clean and tranquil. When I return I will definitely be booking a treatment here. Reasonably priced as well.

I would definitely visit this hotel. In fact I just returned from my 2 week stay on Wednesday and already checked on flights and accommodation for next year.

10/10 for everything for this hotel. I am glad I made the right the decision when they asked if we wanted to stay here instead.

Claire (Clara) and Stacey stayed 30/07/13 - 14/08/13

Muchos gracias for the best holiday ever golden parnassus xx

Room Tip: Ocean front. Any floor u can get a sea view. AMAZING!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The perfect hotel for meeting loads of people, big enough to have fun and small enough to be personal. 4 irish people JOHN RIANA GORDON AND MARIA from northern ireland loved all the staff, MOISES small and big CARLOS , JOSE, SOPHINIA, and GABBY on the beach, JULIETTE PERFECTO, ABEL, PASQUEL, GAMA to name but but a few, sorry if we have failed to mention anyone. CRAIG our rep was fantastic give him a pay rise he was great. This hotel is a small hotel and all the staff from checking in to cleaning your room are lovely friendly people and the food was exceptional. I have never written a review before for a hotel but i felt on this occasion I couldn't pass it by.

Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my wife recently stayed at the Golden Parnassus for 4 nights in July. My wife works for American Airlines and travel to Mexico very frequently. We always have a great time and never complain. We had never stayed at the Golden Parnassus, but decided to give it a try after reading some of the reviews. The staff was very friendly, and the property was actually pretty nice for the price. The only bad thing was the Wi-Fi. They charge $15 per day, and it is literally non-existent except for right by the front desk and still rarely even works then.

Here's the real problem. We originally booked a deal for 3 nights in a Lagoon View Room with Book-it.com, and prepaid for those nights. A couple of days before we arrived, I booked 1 additional night through the Golden Parnassus main reservation website with was an additional $267, which was to be paid upon check-out. Upon check-in, the front desk offered us an upgrade to an Ocean View Room for an extra $30 per night for the full 4 nights of stay. This brought my unpaid balance to $387 ($267+$120). I paid the front desk the $387 with my Visa, and was issued a receipt for that amount. Once I got back home, I checked my bank statement and saw that I was charged the $387 by the front desk, plus the original $267 by the reservation website as well.

I spoke with multiple members of management (Carlos, Hector, Maru) ,and nobody will correct the situation. I sent them my bank statements as well, still nothing. It has been two weeks, and they won't return phone calls or answer emails any more.

Had this not happened, we would have returned to GP for years to come.

Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel to stay with it being kid free.maid service was great the bartenders knew what drink u wanted after a couple of times. The breakfast wait staff was awsome .I have been there 4 times and every time was great

• Stayed July 2013
T.H. IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have read the reviews of the Golden Parnassus and most were good, a few not so good. After spending a week there I can tell you if you are not happy with the hotel there is something wrong with you. We throughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was great. The food was very good, you also dont have to make reservations at the ala a carte restaurants. Just show up when they are open and you can eat. Rafeal at Shangri-La was great, Gamma at the breakfast and lunch buffet was also great. Guiellrmo at Fins up was also great, he kept us entertained. We watched turtles lay eggs on the beach. Short bus ride to shopping and entertainment. 20 minutes or so from the airport. Check in was great they seated us in the lobby bar brought us a welcome drink and the front desk came to us. The service was great,the beds were comfortable. I had no complaints at all. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

In general, the hotel is not perfectly maintain.
There is only one pool, the water was so hot it was not refreshing at all. There is music everywhere but none are the same so at the pool for example, you can hear 3 different songs at the same time! It is loud at the pool.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, ocean view. It really smelled bad, and was so humid that in the mo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!