The positives: The staff is very friendly and eager to please, the beach and pool area quite good, the food is decent especially in the specialty restaurants, the location is very good - far enough from the nightclub area that you can feel removed yet get there easily, walking around in the area feels safe. Bus is a great option and just a few minutes walk from the hotel. They try to keep everyone busy with events throughout the day. Bottom line, this hotel is a good value for the money, just be sure you are expecting a basic middle of the road level resort.
The negatives: First, there is no free internet anywhere, but they will give you 15 free minutes in exchange for you leaving a positive review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. This feels like they are buying good ratings and I would guess is artificially boosting their overall rating. Our room was fairly clean, but walking barefoot I always got grit on my feet. A bottle or two of water was provided daily in the room but throughout the stay, we got bottles with expired dates by a few months. The lighting is not very good and only three plug-ins throughout the entire standard room including the bathroom. They could make it easier for the guests with things like explanations of the food (instead of just saying "Mexican omelet" tell the guest what it includes), provide a list of the more popular drinks instead of the guests needing to point to other drinks and ask the bartenders what it is (can still indicate that they will make anything), they encourage guests to use linens for three days and to call the desk asap if you don't want to participate. We are fine with the three day option but for those that are not, take the work off the guests and indicate to just leave towels on the floor if they want them replaced. The safe in our room did not have a real key and did not give a feeling of safety at all. The buffet restaurant food was OK, but presentation lacking. Also, they were trading out breakfast items for lunch items by 8:45 am. Get there early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only. Formerly Golden Crown Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun