“Good times. Quiet little adult resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa

You added Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 14.5, Retorno San Miguelito, Lote 37, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #54 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
san antonio
“Good times. Quiet little adult resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We had a great time. Being able to go to there sister resort was good. Adds a lot of new restaurants to try out. Food is average for all inclusive. Staff is awesome if you know a little Spanish. Rooms are humid.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 10 days.

Grounds
In the front of the hotel, it doesn't show very well. On the beach side, it was very nice, clean, pool well kept. Lobby area, tennis courts, shops, mini golf, restraunts, nice and clean. The theater area was dirty, run down, and had uncomfortable chairs, and broken tables.

Room
We had a nice room, large, clean, great view, jaccuzi tub, comfortable, the fruit and cheese plate upon arrival was nice. The bathroom was nice, a very good shower. Nice, small, balcony with chairs.

Staff
The front desk staff, bar staff and restraunt staff were all great, helpful, and friendly. The wait staff in the restraunts and the bar tenders could not do enough for you. They were all so kind. The entertainment staff put on amiture type shows, but were entertaining. At times they were too pushy with some people and were clearly offensive to some guests. It really depends on your sense of humor.

The food at the buffet was okay. Some of the food was very good, other things on the buffet was so-so. The staff was what made it better. Japanese and the seafood restraunts were our favorites. We had excellent meals at both places several times.The steak house was not very good at all. The sides were fine, but the steaks were really bad, but again, the staff was nice. Drinks were not watered down and free flowing.

Excursions
There is a wonderful, highend mall within walking distance. Good deals can definately be found. Tommy Hilfiger shirts, that my husband loves, were at great deals. For the same price we pay at our mall at home, he was able to get 3 shirts there. There was also a mall via the public bus not too far up the strip. The bus is very inexpensive, some tourists, but mostly locals going to and from work. There we were able to find many good deals too. There is an aquarium, local type stores, as well as tourist type places. The resort runs a shuttle to their sister hotel, that was a nice place, large. We had a nice lunch there, they have a food court type place. There was a large pool and beach areas with wall to wall kids every where. There are interesting ruins that were within walking distance from the other resort, as well as a public beach. If you go to the ruins, take bananas for the iguanas, they love them. We also did a snorkeling, jet ski trip. We saw very beautiful fish of all sizes. It was fun. We did a lunch cruise, great fun, games and such. Then a dinner cruise, dancing, also fun. Parasailing was amazing, the view was like a post card.

Room Tip: Front side cost less and have good town and bay views. Beach side cost more, ocean views, and have...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

12 of us on a trip! We asked for double beds and for our rooms to be close to each other- well none of that happened. 6 rooms scattered all over the hotel and king beds in all the rooms with no hope of changing- good thing we all knew and liked our roommates! The place was clean but 80's decor. It's probably not a place to stay if you plan on hanging in your room. The entertainment staff was great and funny. One problem we had was my friend had supposedly gotten hair dye on her towels and upon checkout was told she had to pay $80 to replace them!!!!! RIDICULOUS! The hotel's towels are old and dingy so to make her pay is so not right! Maru, the supervisor on duty was very apathetic demanded that she pay the fee! And, when Maru went to cut off my friend's hotel bracelet, she cut my friend's bracelet and only offered an insincere apology! With all the hotels in Cancun, would not stay here again! One more thing- tip wait staff well-! They work their butts off!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just returned home from Golden Parnassus. Check in was a little odd. When we arrived at the hotel the bellboy took us to the lobby bar and had to sit there until somebody came and put a bracelet on you for the AI and gave you a room number. Our room was on the second floor and I requested a change from reading the earlier reviews about the noise. The girls at the front desk were wonderful to deal with and very courteous. They let us look at the rooms that were available. We finally got a room on the fifth floor which was very nice. It appeared that it had been redone. The bed was very comfortable. We had no problems at all with our room. The airconditioner worked very well...in fact we had to turn it off at times it was so cold.
We didn't spend any time at all at the pool....we are beach people so I can't comment on the service or anything there. The beach service for drinks was awesome....there was someone always coming around for drinks. It sometimes took a Mexican minute....lol!! The beach was beautiful!
We ate at all of the restaurants but the Barn. They were all good...some better than others. I think it is a personal preference. We also ate at the Great Parnassus. We really liked Big Bens. There are many children at the Great Parnassus. So if you are looking for mostly adults that is a nice place to visit and return to the Golden. The service at the Golden is absolutely great. Everyone is so helpful and tend to your every need. Everyone was so friendly from checking in until check out.
I would definitely go back to the Golden!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher levels to avoid the noise from the lobby bar.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

My fiancé and I booked golden parnassus as our first all inclusive chill holiday after a few years of "crazy" holidays.

Anyways on arrival we where quickly given our wristband and shown to our room. Our luggage was brought up and there was no awkward "where's my tip" moment. Great!

Our room was spacious and modern, also very clean! We didn't have a sea view but we could see the sunset which was glorious! Rooms where cleaned every day.

There is 4 restaurants, a buffet restaurant and also a poolside "fast food" also don't forget you can shuttle bus for free over to great parnassus and use all of their restaurants!! Please note I am a fussy eater but my fiancé loves his food and he enjoyed all the restaurants. For me the buffet was a bit repetitive and I found myself sickened by the end of the two weeks, but again it was always freshly stocked with fresh food etc. The waiters are slightly annoying as in they will fetch you drinks etc just for a tip, I mean it's a buffet I can get my own drink lol!! but then again it has it's advantages as the restaurants are supposed to close at 10 and we arrived at 9:46 and with no fuss we had a table and lovely meal.

Service, well as I just said it can be too much and annoying but it is great! At the pool bar if you tip the bar staff at the start you are attended too all day! There was a few times my fiancé and I ended up slightly drunk because they put more alcohol in your slushy cocktail when you tip!! Which is great obv!

Entertainment, OMG was brilliant!! Round the clock poolside entertainment however if your a book worm like me it is nit distracting! The entertainment team put on a great show! And obviously it being and adult only it's not restricted to a few rude jokes here and there! All in good humour! Loads of sports etc for the guys and girls! Tequila volleyball was my favourite! Especially since the time we went It was all British and Americans so as you can imagine was a very fun/ competitive game! Brilliant!! There are hammocks by the pool, book selection, private beach with another beach bar to keep everyone busy!!

All in all I loved my stay at Golden Parnassus! My only downfall is the food, but the entertainment and drink and overall service/hotel made entirely up for that! The fact it's adult only is a complete bonus trust me, you make so many friends and it's just a wonderful atmosphere!

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed there Dec. 27th through Jan 3rd, 2012. Traveled there with a friend of mine so we shared a double room with ocean front view. Pros-friendly staff, nice beach, decent food,
Cons, where to begin.. I have stayed in better rooms at a Howard Johnson. Lighting in bathroom was so bad that I could have used a flashlight to shave, worn, threadbare towels that belonged in an institution, room safe with antiquated safe key that they charge you $100 for if you lose it (which is easy do), keys for the beach towels as well and, guess what, if you lose them- another charge for $30. No Minibar, they bring you individual drinks by room service as ridiculous as that sounds. Inadequate storage space for clothes- 2 small drawers under the TV that you can't even open with ease as the doors to the chest block opening them with any ease. Complained to the Management about the room and they showed us a lagoon view room with 1 king size bed with a jacuzzi batch as a possible upgrade. Not exactly appropriate if you are 2 guys traveling as friends!
For what we paid for this vacation, I was completely and thoroughly disappointed and I will be talking with our travel agent to discuss this. This is they type of place I would have stayed in when I was in my 20's or early 30's but not at this stage in my life .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Just returned from a one week stay at the Golden. My husband and I enjoyed our week away from our daily lives but I would likely not stay at this hotel again. We found it to be just average; nothing spectacular here but nothing horrendous either.
PROS:
-comfiest beds we've ever had in Mexico
-some of the staff are exceptional
-beautiful beach area
-Shangri-La restaurant meals were wonderful
-everything was very clean
-entertainment staff is amazing
CONS:
-front desk staff were not very helpful
-room was very standard
-other than the Shangri-La and Breeze; the food wasn't very good
-the New Year's party in the Galaxy Theatre was lame

If this hotel came up at a super deal it could be a consideration but we did not feel that we got our dollars worth out of this trip. We have travelled to Mexico several times and found the Golden to be at the bottom of our previous hotel experiences.

As mentioned, it does have some good qualities so depending on what kind of holiday you are looking for, consider the good and the bad before booking.

Room Tip: We had an ocenview room on the 3rd floor and enjoyed a beautiful view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!