We stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise May 20th-25th and had a wonderful time. It was supposed to be the rainy season, but we had great weather every day.
We like the fact that it was adults only. It was a little quiet, but it was perfect for couples. If you want more action, you can just go downtown. The bus is really cheap and safe. We really like the tiki bar at the hotel and Jose the bartender. The food at Shangrila was very tasty. Some people complained of small portions, but you can just order more if you like. Others complained about the "weak drinks, " but you can order an extra shot each time to combat this.
Every staff member from front desk to food service was more than accomodating and friendly to us.
The room was beautiful. We had an ocean-view room with balcony and a hot tub. The bed was a little hard, but everything else about the room was great. The housekeepers did a great job with maintaing the room daily. Each day our bed was made a different way and often had fresh flowers strewn about.
The beach at the Golden Crown was fabulous. The pool area was wonderful.
Sure the place had a few problems, but nothing that bothered us too much. The lobby did have a little mustiness to it, but that's to be expected in a humid environment. All in all I give it the thumbs up. I would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only. Formerly Golden Crown Paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Parnassus Cancun
- Cancun Crown Paradise
- Golden Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Jack Tar Cancun
- Golden Parnassus Resort Cancun