“Excellent family-owned restaurant!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Calypso

Calypso
Kukulcan Ave. km 8.5 | accross from Fiestamericana grand Coral Beach hotel, next to Cancun Center, Cancun 77500, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 612 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Calypso´s restaurant, since 2001, nice little place with good seafood and mexican dishes, best price in town.
San Jose, California
“Excellent family-owned restaurant!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visited this restaurant out of curiosity just because it was relatively small and looked like a family owned. It was everything I hoped for! I prefer local family style food everywhere I go instead of fancy super expensive (and usually very small plate or food for the money) chick restaurants.
Calypso and its owner Felipe were exactly was I was looking for in Cancun: excellent family style food, super friendly personnel and cheap too! Not everywhere you can have a big seafood soup plate with lost of lobster, whole shrimps, crab claws, fish, etc for about $12 (depending on the exchange rate) in the most touristic area of the Yucatán Peninsula!!

I wish I had discovered this place earlier. I ended up going there my last two days in Cancun. Definitely would go there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
francogg, Owner at Calypso, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Helllloooo!!!! hey thank you very very much for a great review on tripadvisor.com
hope to see you soon and serve you again....

Felipe and the Staff

Galesburg, Illinois
“Excellent Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

All of the food that I had here was fantastic! The fish tacos were the best ones I have ever had and the beef burrito is superb. I went almost every day for the week that I was in Cancun. The people are very friendly. :)

• Visited June 2013
francogg, Manager at Calypso, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Heeeyyyy, that was a great review, thank you very much
and see you soon in cancun, ok?!!!
Felipe & Staff
Fremont, Nebraska, United States
“Excellent host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice restaurant great host Felipe also the owner. Little off the beaten path so research thru the Internet. Jim &Cris Campbell. Brasil& USA

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
francogg, Manager at Calypso, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you thank you very much for a nice review on tripadvisor
see you next time in cancun, ok?!!!!!
Felipe & the staff
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Definitely one of the best restaurants we ate at. I had the Fish Pescadillas and my husband had Conch Ceviche, they were both delicious! The staff was friendly and very attentive!

Visited June 2013
francogg, Manager at Calypso, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello! just want to say THANKS for your nice review on tripadvisor.com
and hope to see you soon....ok?!!!!
Felipe
Dix Hills, NY
“You'd be hard pressed to find a better restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I consider my wife and myself world travelers. We’ve eaten in restaurants in Europe, Asia, Australia, and all of the Americas, and some of the best fish diners we’ve had were at the Calypso restaurant. The Calypso Sea bass is a dish that must be had by anyone fortunate enough to find, and dine at Calypso’s. By far one of the best fish dinners I’ve ever had, and lucky for me the Calypso restaurant is right across the street from the Cancun Clipper Club, which is where we stay on our frequent trips to Cancun. To top it all off Franko and Filipe (the owners) are two of the most down to earth guys you’ll ever meet.

• Visited February 2013
francogg, Owner at Calypso, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hi, hey!!! that was a great review, we thank you so much for it
and will see you soon, right?... it will be a pleasure to serve you again.
Franko