“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Yonkers, New York
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We basically just stood in this place to sleep. We were in town where all the fun was at almost everynight because this hotel is not around anything. Its closer to downtown which in fact isnt a good thing. Im assuming you would have to go in a group in order to enjoy this place other than that the beach was dirty the water has alot of sea weed. Hotel was ok but its a walk up. Id rather pay more and stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Imperial Las Perlas Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your time to review Imperial Las Perlas, all your comments are an input for our operation.
We hope to see you in cancun in our next visit...

Imperial Las Perlas Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hammond, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ok, allow me to preface this review by saying I DID NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL...

It was difficult to give a overall rating because I did not stay, but seeing how I just got back from Cancun yesterday, and did come to this resort for an hour to catch a boat to the island, I thought why not?

First off, the photo of the front of the hotel, I'd like to know where in the heck they got that from? Looked NOTHING like it in my eyes. Next, the pool photo...PLEASE!! The pool area was a joke. The rooms all around the resort had paint or whatever falling off, and the pool was small, dirty looking and nothing id like to swim in. And for my last rant, the photo of the happy people sitting around pool bar...NOPE. The bar looked disgusting and run down and the grass around that and the pool area (which are basically the same thing) was anything but lush green that the photo shows. Just a heads up, the rooms may be nice and the staff killer nice, but from the quick time i was there walking around, would not catch me there!!

Ahh, forgot one thing. The "restroom" in the pool area, my quick count was 3 half dead cock roaches in there (still moving legs) and bugs ALL over the window. Good luck with this place, won't see me here ever.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bsegroup, Manager at Imperial Las Perlas Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we have 30 years in this locations with repeat guest, next time we invite you to stay with us and then comment about our location.
The management
Imperial Las Perlas Cancun
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for springbreak 2013, what a blast we had! lol! Kevin the party guy is the best so if you are after a party see Kevin! (Kev if you are reading this we are the three welsh boys! lol!) Hotel is well located and close to cancun central, just hop onto the 24hr buses for $1 and you're sorted. It is also next door to a convenience shop and atm which is very handy. We wasn't expecting much, the hotel is generally outdated however the staff are great!! The food is traditional mexican and is okay, beer and cocktails are always on tap and are in plentiful supply! :D Rooms are always spotlessly clean and most of the staff speak good english. Wifi is only avaliable in reception which can be annoying but then you get to meet everybody else in the hotel! Overall the hotel is very good for the price! Thank you for a great holiday!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bsegroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Las Perlas Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your time in review your stay, it is very help full for us o read your comments

Imperial Las Perlas
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I knew that this was a modest hotel and I did not mind that at all as I did not want to be in a big monster of a resort down the Mayan Riviera. It was predominantly booked by Mexicans on vacation and I liked that aspect. I was not impressed by the service at reception. Apart from 2 of the guys there, the others were indifferent. It was also NOT welcoming! I arrived at 10:30am after an early morning flight. I knew that it could be a problem as most hotel rooms are not ready until 3pm. Still, we could not get a cup of coffee, never mind anything else. The location is good for catching a bus into Cancun and going on sidetrips. For a place to lay your head and go exploring, this is fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Imperial Las Perlas Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank your for your time in review your stay with us, we´ll follow up every detail to be better every day...

Imperial las perlas Cancun
Swansea, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room decoration needs updating ASAP! The staff were particularly unhelpful unless they were taking money off you for a dodgy deal. On the last day 2 members of staff wouldn't assist us organising our airport transfers. I suppose they didn't feel the need to be nice to us anymore as they couldn't make anymore cash off us.
My speakers reference is because between 8 & 11pm the outside bar speakers are blasting even when there is nobody there. It feels like you're in a nightclub every evening without the possibility of chilling out. Really inconsiderate!! I've been to Ibiza 8 times but this was just silly!
Could put up with the dated rooms if the staff or the noise pollution wasn't so bad.
Also there was a pubic hair in the shower soap tray the entire week, I suppose it was our job to clean that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time to review your stay at Imperial Las Perlas, this comment was already send to the operation manger.
We hope to welcome you again in your next visit to Cancun

Imperial Las Perlas
Cancun
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We didnt expect too much when we came to Imperial las perlas because it was listed as a 3 star hotel and it was priced as such. We however were very pleasantly surprised as soon as we arrived and continued to be happy with our experience.
The staff were very friendly. We got a great room overlooking the ocean and their little restaurant on the water. Our rooms were cleaned daily and we were happy with the service. We made sure to tip the staff well. That helps with better service anywhere in Mexico.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning at the restaurant on the water they had an omelette station and it was soo soo good.
We liked that is was away from the main strip because the beach was not overcrowded and noisy so we could really just relax on the beach chairs and tan in peace. When we wanted some nightlife we booked a trip to Senor Frogs with Kevin the nightlight entertainment guy at Imperial. He was great. He took us there and got us VIP open bar passes. There is also boats right outside the hotel to book trips to Isle muheres if you like. Omar is one of the guys that works there and he was great. He went above and beyond and took my friend and I on the bus one day to a local downtown food spot for authentic cheap food. So good.
You cant beat that service.
If you want to see the main strip the bus is right across the street and runs like every 5 minutes..there is always a bus and for only 8.5 pesos. It will take you there in 5-10minutes.
We are two women in our mid twenties, but we felt safe in this hotel. We felt the security was well managed at all hours of the night. I would recommend this hotel to all couples, and young people who want some chill relax time with their partying. I wouldnt recommend this hotel for famillies as the kids might not find it as interesting.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AndrosBS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was not on the strip and more towards the local beach area and seemed very promising.
When I arrived the desk staff could not find my reservation, even after I showed them my confirmation email.
My room was confirmed for a "Beach View" I was informed that the hotel did not book rooms under that criteria.
They told me that they would have to check "downtown" and it would take a few minutes.
An Hour and a half later, I was giving a room. The room looked over the construction pit that was the parking lot. This did not matter as I had to turn the chair sideways to be able to sit on the balcony.
The room had no A/C, and the fan did not work. The last straw was when I had to use the bathroom, the toilet did not flush.
Next door is a Holiday Inn, I walked over, and without reservations, got an ocean side room, twice the size, for 3 dollars US more a night.

Save yourself the aggravation and book with the Holiday Inn Las Perlas.

Usually, if I have a bad experience with a hotel I just won't write about it. But the deceptive practice this despicable place presented deserves it.

I stayed in July 2012

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Imperial Las Perlas Hotel? Share your experiences!