“Just Bad” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
AndrosBS
“Just Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was not on the strip and more towards the local beach area and seemed very promising.
When I arrived the desk staff could not find my reservation, even after I showed them my confirmation email.
My room was confirmed for a "Beach View" I was informed that the hotel did not book rooms under that criteria.
They told me that they would have to check "downtown" and it would take a few minutes.
An Hour and a half later, I was giving a room. The room looked over the construction pit that was the parking lot. This did not matter as I had to turn the chair sideways to be able to sit on the balcony.
The room had no A/C, and the fan did not work. The last straw was when I had to use the bathroom, the toilet did not flush.
Next door is a Holiday Inn, I walked over, and without reservations, got an ocean side room, twice the size, for 3 dollars US more a night.

Save yourself the aggravation and book with the Holiday Inn Las Perlas.

Usually, if I have a bad experience with a hotel I just won't write about it. But the deceptive practice this despicable place presented deserves it.

I stayed in July 2012

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Chooch37

minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I know this is maybe the oldest hotel but it has always been clean and safe..........I have stayed numerous times this yr from feb 11 until the 6th of march...........
I cannot say enough good things about the staff...............most have been there every yr we have gone and they are truly like family....I love them all.......Nellie the morning cook is like a sister to me..........if you are looking for luxury please do stay here......the breakfast has made to order omlettes or eggs....the beach is on a marina but they are raking the seaweed and sand all day............ez access to the busses and has apublic beach next door......cant wait to go again next yr

Room Tip: ask for a room on the bottom and facing the beach............
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bsegroup, Public Relations Manager at Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Condos, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank your for your time in review your stay with us, we´ll follow up every detail to be better every day...

Imperial las perlas Cancun
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very nice place for breakfast, room was ok, quiet place, close from city center, and also not far from clubs and bars, just take a bus!
Small bed! wide, but short! :) Every day room was nice and clean, stayed there for 5 nights!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bsegroup, Director of Sales at Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Condos, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your time in this review, we do our best for a great value, we look forward to welcome you again in Cancun.

regards
Imperial las Perlas Cancun
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent three nights here after reading a quite a few reviews on tripadvisor so I was prepared in a way for how it might be, and was!

On checking in their server was down so I couldn't pay, this caused confusion the following morning when a different staff member had no idea who I was and whether I had or hadn't paid, which in turn resulted in me getting an unwanted email from bookit.com saying I hadn't turned up at the hotel. Anyway after many emails I got that sorted out and everyone agreed I was ACTUALLY there.
The bar was like what I would expect in a small Mexican pueblo, not near the centre of Cancun, it had hardly anything in it? When I ordered a wine they brought in this large flagon of what looked like home made to me, I did drink a glass and the next day had an upset tummy, but nobody forced me to drink it right??? The usual barman is a smiley chatty character but when he wasn't on the next day a rather tired sullen guy took his place.
The food, well it's true what everyone says it is all much of the sameness, but then I already knew it would be like that. As a vegetarian there was vegetables so I was happy.
Wifi, only worked in the lobby, I took a small room behind reception since it did get wifi in it, it was very basic, that's being kind about it,but the shower worked and i got my wifi, the t.v didn't and the window looked out onto the front car park so not a pretty view. The rooms round the swimming pool looked realy nice and they did have a good view, The beach area was extremely narrow but since it wasn't busy it wasn't a problem to get a lounger. I would recommend this hotel, but only for a few nights as I think after a few days the food, the lack of beach and instant wifi, the randon drinks bar and disorganised staff could easily get to you?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is not near the centre of canun hotels and is not facing the gulf of mexico open sea as advertized. It is the first one on the left and a long way to the major hotels. The ocean is not great to swim in and has lots of algea. I stayed next door which was even worse. I must say at the time the little hotel is good looking and the pool area is hardly used. Its ok. There are no waves as the hotel is in the shallow part of Cancun bay. If you want white sandy beaches with waves you must go way farther down the road and turn rite to the open ocean where all the better resorts are built. cheers v sedo

Room Tip: all the same, see there photo's
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Bsegroup, Manager at Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Condos, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your time and review, we will talk about it next time in our weekly employee meeting.

Imperial las Perlas

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Me and my girlfriend travelled here in September 2012. After our first booking to a better hotel in Cancun was messed up by Thomas Cook, and our deposit lost, we chose here, a it was cheap and looked good enough, so as we didn't have to miss out.

This hotel isn't the best available and there is room for improvement. However, the staff were very friendly, always happy to help and the rooms were extremely well looked after, with cable tv showing all of the Premiership footy.

The bar was brilliant, cocktails upon request, as well as beer, vodka, whiskey, mostly anything you could think of. The restaurant was okay. That is about the best thing I could say about it. It became a bit of a chore to eat there as the food, whilst not terrible, was only average and was exactly the same for lunch and dinner, near enough every night.

Overall, if you are looking for a cheaper hotel, this will be the best you can find. It has everything you could expect and more. However I would suggest eating out a few nights as to not get bored of the menu at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Joseph W
Sebastopol, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

On our last night, after 2 lovely weeks traveling around the Mexican Carribean, we needed a place to sleep in Cancun before catching a plane the next morning. Cancun is ridiculously expensive compared to the rest of Riviera Maya, so we expected to overpay, but this place was a nightmare. Immediately on checking in, we were treated suspiciously. Most hotels (especially ones that charge over $100 per night in Mexico) treat their guests graciously. The staff was rude, the rooms were dark and cemented and felt like an old empty apartment. Sure, there was a cheesy kitchenette, but there weren't even cups. The view was nice, but seriously... Mexico is amazing. For $100 per night you can easily find beachfront luxury. Do NOT waste your time, money, or dignity here. Cheesy trash.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lacyeloo
Bsegroup, Owner at Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Condos, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Please note that our hotel is rated 3 star.

Imperial las Perlas