I spent three nights here after reading a quite a few reviews on tripadvisor so I was prepared in a way for how it might be, and was!
On checking in their server was down so I couldn't pay, this caused confusion the following morning when a different staff member had no idea who I was and whether I had or hadn't paid, which in turn resulted in me getting an unwanted email from bookit.com saying I hadn't turned up at the hotel. Anyway after many emails I got that sorted out and everyone agreed I was ACTUALLY there.
The bar was like what I would expect in a small Mexican pueblo, not near the centre of Cancun, it had hardly anything in it? When I ordered a wine they brought in this large flagon of what looked like home made to me, I did drink a glass and the next day had an upset tummy, but nobody forced me to drink it right??? The usual barman is a smiley chatty character but when he wasn't on the next day a rather tired sullen guy took his place.
The food, well it's true what everyone says it is all much of the sameness, but then I already knew it would be like that. As a vegetarian there was vegetables so I was happy.
Wifi, only worked in the lobby, I took a small room behind reception since it did get wifi in it, it was very basic, that's being kind about it,but the shower worked and i got my wifi, the t.v didn't and the window looked out onto the front car park so not a pretty view. The rooms round the swimming pool looked realy nice and they did have a good view, The beach area was extremely narrow but since it wasn't busy it wasn't a problem to get a lounger. I would recommend this hotel, but only for a few nights as I think after a few days the food, the lack of beach and instant wifi, the randon drinks bar and disorganised staff could easily get to you?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Cancun Hotel Zone near main attractions On the beachThis beachfront property is located in hotel zone, near Convention Centre. Another nearby point of interest is the medical district, and shopping areas. Only 15 minutes from International Airport. 50 minutes from Xcaret Hotel restaurant At Imperial las Perlas Cancun Condos recreational amenities include an outdoor pool and a children's pool. The hotel also features a restaurant and and pool side bar. We offer food and beverages a la carte. Balconies with views Guestrooms open to balconies with ocean, sea, pool views and limited views; feature televisions with satellite channels and air conditioning. Marketing by alive-unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Imperial Las Perlas
- Imperial Perlas Cancun
- Imperial Las Perlas Cancun Mexico
- Imperial Las Perlas Hotel Cancun