“Amazing Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Sens

You added Grand Oasis Sens to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Sens
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ave Kukulcan Km 19.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Sens Del Mar)   |
Special Offer
Save 50% this Christmas!
Ranked #63 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Lubbock, Texas
“Amazing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Oasis Sens in June. It was awesome! The service was great and the staff was excellent. We paid extra for the VIP and if you can I would encourage you to do this. It was worth it to have the plunge pool on our patio and access to the VIP areas. When we arrived we were treated like VIP and that service continued through out our stay. The VIP pool was quite and most days we had it to ourselves because everyone was down at the main pool. It was very relaxing. There is no swim up bar but Mauro took great care of us while we were in the VIP pool. We didn't have to get out to go get a drink. He came back and checked on us every few minutes! He was great! We spent some time at the main pool and there service there was great as well. Victor took great care of us and was by far the best bartender we came in contact with. The other bartenders were nice and provided great service but Victor should be training all the bartenders. He makes great drinks and shots! He kept us coming back to the bar all day and really did a great job overall! The food was pretty good - our favorite was the Italian restaurant, I think it is called "moonlight". We don't have one complaint about the service or the room. We went to Kinky one night and loved the show "heels". The dancers were awesome - especially the male dancers! It was nice to see a show like that where the boys weren't drag queens they were in fact boys dancing in heels. lol You have to have an open mind but if you do I am certain you will enjoy it! It is more of a couples resort for sure. Not a lot of singles so make sure you are aware of that. We love the fact that it is LGBT friendly!! Not a lot of gay couples other than ourselves, but it was so laid back and just felt comfortable for everyone. We will for sure stay at the Oasis Sens when we go back!

Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

It is amazing to know that your stay with us has motivated to share such a great review about our hotel. Thanks for highlighting those qualities that made your stay unforgettable.

We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and personalized service we offer. Our staff is always working hard to satisfy our guests so they can have an amazing experience.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you again once again in the future.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our first time in Mexico and first time at an all-inclusive hotel. We are a lesbian coupe and were glad there was an LGBT-friendly option; I'd say there were no more than 1/3 gay couples at the hotel. We had a great time; the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed, not too loud and boisterous (although we spent more time at the upper pool, which was quieter because it did not have a swim-up bar; several days we had the pool to ourselves for a few hours). Staff was super friendly; room was nice; food was not amazing but decent. I would go back.

Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Renee,

Thank you for writing such nice comments about our hotel and our service.
We are glad you had an excellent stay, that you enjoyed our facilities and our calm and relaxed atmosphere.

We would be honored to welcome you once again on your next vacation.
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

THOROUGH REVIEW: and tips at the end
OKay, before I start this review I want you readers to be advised that I'm kind of picky and once you rub me the wrong way... it's pretty hard to redeem yourself. Keep this in mind while you read. I am fickle and hard to please. i went on this trip with 3 other friends of mine, all girls. We travel twice a year around all different places. We know what's good, and what's not. We have high standards.

Hotel room:
My friends and I stayed on the 8th floor, I don't know what the other reviewers are complaining about the stairs, we had elevators. Outside on the deck and towards the beach were some stairs but nothing crazy. Our rooms were cleaned ever day and nothing was stolen or damaged. I appreciated that we would control the temperature of the room ourselves. The view from our room was gorgeous. BUT... while I was getting ready for bed, I noticed that there were these dark brown spots on the sheets near the pillows, on the left hand side of the bed.... The sheets were not changed during my stay, (we stayed for 4 nights and 5 days)...There were also some white towels with red stains on them. Like someone smudged their red lipstick on the towel and it didn't wash off properly. TIP, bring a beach towel and use it if the ones you have in your room is dirty. As for the sheets, use that same towel of cover your sheets. OR just ask the maids to replace them and give extra tip for their service.

BELL BOYS/MEN/Greeters:
LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. They were always so friendly and cheerful and our bell boy, forgot his name but he's like 5'5-5'6 has a bit of a belly (not in a bad way) and has a name that starts with "Al" or maybe it was Rafael..(Im so bad with names) but any ways he was so patient and kind with us. We went to our bags a couple of times before checkout and he it didn't bother him, or at least he didn't show it, and he was so helpful and careful with all of our luggage. He took really good care of our stuff. I really appreciated his attention to our luggage.

RESTAURANTS:
- The Coba, love this place! Unfortunately the Coba dinner buffet was closed during our stay there but the breakfast was open. Had the best breakfast buffet ever. Hands down. PHENOMENAL. I was kind of sad that we couldn't go to the dinner because when we went it was off peak season. Also, there this omelet making cook there, she's very good. I ate an omelet every morning.
-The BOX, a tapas restaurant, service and food portions change when it becomes busy. The first night my friends and I went, we were full after dinner, didn't even have space for the desert. Then we went again the same week but on a Wednesday when more people came to the hotel. We were served half the portions we got on Monday and the service dropped. Our waiter on the second night did not speak any English at all, so even asking for a spoon was a hassle (but that could be a fault of our own because us girls didn't know much Spanish but the little speck of Spanish we learned in high school). I know Tapas may not be a suitable dinner for most people and that it maybe considered "snack foods" but the first night it was so great and fulfilling that we expected the same the second time around. I guess we were wrong. We went to another restaurant "Muderme Mucho" for a second round of dinner. Don't get me wrong, we are not big girls, we range in weight from 98lbs-120lbs. And none of us were nearly close to being full on the second night.
-Muderme Mucho, a Mexican restaurant, their dinner menu is much better than their lunch. Go there for dinner and you will be happy. Love their waiters almost as much as I love their guacamole and salsa.
-Al sur, a Arabian themed restaurant, also has a set menu and the foods come out one at a time, not fulfilling, went to another restaurant for dessert afterwards.
- Moonlight Trattoria & Pizza, has a better lunch menu than dinner. Love the waiters at this place as well. Very friendly.
- Sushi Bar, please don't go here. Please eat somewhere else. My father is the head chef of a Japanese Sushi Restaurant. I know what good sushi taste like and I know what I'm talking about when I say, that is not good sushi, no where close. Waiters did not understand what we were saying, had trouble giving in our orders. There are other fabulous restaurants available in the hotel, go there.
-Happy Chicken, good friend chicken and fries, do not order the nuggets!
- Mr. Whimpy, the meat taste kind of funny, the person preparing our food was not sanitary at all. He was sweating, which I have no problem with, unless you sweat, then wipe it with your bare hands, and then continue to touch my tomatoes and buns to prepare my burger. He also lifted up his pants and then went straight back to opening a bag of potato chips and grabbing them with his unsanitary hands and placing them on my plate. GROSS.
- Benazuza, had breakfast there. THE BEST RESTAURANT in the hotel. My friends and I loved the attention to detail of the foods and their placement, as well as their "flow" with one another. Don't miss this restaurant! A MUST! The waiters are also very nice.

Pool/beach: it looked like a dream. It was so beautiful and the temperature was perfect! I fell in love with the setting. Ever picture we took of the scenery looked like it was a painting. I see it in my dreams.

workers:
People at the front desk were kind of snotty. I heard them talking to a few of the displeased guests and their responses, for most of the guests were "There's nothing we can do" and "I'm sorry but we can't." TIPS: Check out on time or else the charge is hefty.
Bell boys and waiters: FANTASTIC, expect for the waiters at THE BOX, whose service seems to change based on the amount of guests. Bartender, friendly and knows what I like, (forgot his name but he spiked his hair in the middle). There were also these other workers who kept you active, like the volleyball instructor, water aerobics instructor, yoga instructor, and more, its free to participate and it was so much fun!

TIPS TO REMEMBER:
1) Check out on time or else....$$$$$$. Also, once you checkout (12:30 pm), you can no longer use the services in the hotel (foods, drinks, etc.) without paying $25 per person fee.
2) DO NOT eat at the sushi restaurant, save your stomach for something else.
3) Go to THE BOX when it's a slow night.
4) Try to get the Bell boy that my friends and I had. Darn, I wish I remembered his name, but read the description above.
5) ENJOY THE VIEW! Relax! have fun :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such detailed comments with TripAdvisor’s readers, we feel completely honored that your stay was amazing.

We greatly appreciate all the suggestions you mentioned, they certainly help us improve in order to satisfy the expectations of our future guests the best way possible.

It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed our dining options, activities, facilities and especially our excellent service. We will surely congratulate our staff for always being attentive, smiling, and making you feel at home.

We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next vacation.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for a couple days. The staff was super friendly. The bartender Daniel and Joan, by the pool was really nice and helpful. Every day they have a show somewhere in the hotel. the food was really good. We are deff going back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Luis,

Thank you very much for your kind and positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed our activities, shows and restaurants. We will surely congratulate the staff you mentioned for providing an excellent service.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you can visit us again soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I traveled on June 2nd - June 9th for our honeymoon. The weather put a damper on things due to the tropical storm. So the first 5 days was mostly rain. This is something nobody could control. However, the rooms starting flooding and there were leaks all throughout the hotel. The A/C was non existent in the hotel (after a few days you get used to it). The rooms were very comfortable though. Our A/C worked great in our room. The hotel was very pretty and for the most part, the staff was very friendly. We are open minded so the fact that this hotel "welcomes" the LGBT community didn't have any impact on our opinions of the stay. It was very mixed. Except the Kinky nightclub is not for everyone. It is the ONLY nightclub and does not appeal to all. Any time we went in, it was male strippers in high heels. Just wasn't our thing. They do have a few shows other than the night club shows (maybe 2 or 3 during the week) and it's not advertised. You only know it's going on if you happen to stumble upon it or you ask. The food was just average at best. Our main complaint is that most of the restaurants are outside poolside. If there are any signs of rain or bad weather they close down for whole day. For us, because there was a lot of rain, some of the restaurants NEVER opened. We never got to try the sushi bar. We were able to try Happy Chicken and Mr. Wimpy's once. There are no operation hours posted and they pretty much open and close whenever they want to even during sunshine. So we ate Italian and the buffet every day. The Italian restaurant is the best one but not much variety and the menu was substituted a lot due to being out of stuff. Our other big complaint is the pool bars (swim up) were never open and I saw a cocktail server once. If you wanted a drink you would have to dry off and go up to the lobby bar. If you get the VIP package make sure you ask for everything it offers. They do not automatically tell you at check in and we realized when we got home that we missed out on a lot of discounts including the smart car and the spa discounts (just because you are wearing a VIP bracelet they do not automatically give you a discount - ASK). If we would have paid for the VIP we would have been disappointed because the VIP area was never open. The Benazuza restaurant was a great experience and I recommend it. It's not something we would have done twice but so glad we did. You won't leave hungry. And if you do, go eat again at the buffet. Overall, this was a relaxing stay. This is NOT the hotel to stay at if you are looking for loads of fun and a popping night life, because that is pretty much non-existent. This is a great place to RELAX with no kids and to have alone time and romance. Being on our honeymoon, we were fine with it, and weren't bored. But wouldn't stay here again. I know it sounds mostly negative but it was a very pretty, very clean and very private hotel and the spa was AWESOME. We made the best of it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and our A/C worked great. Just ask for a room with lights. Ours didn...
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry the weather was not optimal and that it caused some inconveniences during your stay, please accept our most sincere apologies. We want to let you know that all of your comments and opinions will be taken into account to offer a better service in the future and we will submit them to all departments in charged to correct these issues.

Regarding the entertainment, the concept of our hotel is an adult’s only with a relaxed and serene environment. Despite this, we still offer various moderate indoor and outdoor daily shows and activities to entertain our guests.

We are glad you received a great service from our staff and that you enjoyed your Spa Day.
We hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Warm Regards.
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Oasis sens in February of this year for our honeymoon and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were blown away by the ambiance of the place, the staff were friendly, the food was great, the view was amazing from our room, the lounge was awesome and the rooms had that romantic honeymoon feel. We have absolutely no regrets with our choice of Sens for our stay and would recommend it to anyone else who want to go, they really complemented the great company I had!TS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We were very pleased to greet you in our Hotel. Likewise, we would like to thank you for the flattering words and for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to Cancun, celebrating your honeymoon.

We are delighted to have met your expectations and we thank you for your preference.
It has been a pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again soon.

Groton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a blast at Sens Oasis. The "lgbt friendly aspect of it makes it unique. Though there were only a few gay couples that I could tell, it was just a really comfortable vibe for everyone, truly "all inclusive" in the best sense. The swimming, dancing, and partying were great, of course, but I was particularly struck by how great the service was. Most notably, Jesus and Guadalupe at the Mexican restaurant were patient and enthusiastic. We had great laughs as I tried to practice my fledgling Spanish on them, and they always answered my myriad of questions with huge smiles. Not surprisingly, the Mexican restaurant has the best food of all the resort's restaurants. The whole staff at this resort was great, I thought. Another particular standout was Alejandra, who teaches dance and musters up the volleyball games. She's just really positive and fun to be around. One downside to Sens Oasis is that the gym is really small, but you can also visit the Oasis Grand as part of your deal, and they have a much better gym. You can do your cardio workout overlooking the breaking waves. "Foodies" might not be satisfied with this resort, but if you are just a fun-loving person who likes to meet like-minded folks, check it out.

Room Tip: Ocean view, of course. Also, if you have want to hang your clothes, don't put them in the close...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive opinion about our hotel. We are delighted you spent your vacations in our hotel and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure to congratulate the staff you mentioned for the great service they provided.
It was a pleasure to receive you and make of your vacations an unforgettable experience. Hope to see you again soon.
Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Sens? Share your experiences!