“Best customer service I´ve ever received” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Sens

You added Grand Oasis Sens to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Sens
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ave Kukulcan Km 19.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Sens Del Mar)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale: Over 50% Off
Ranked #72 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Best customer service I´ve ever received”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel has one of the best attention services I have ever received. Every single employee we met was eager to help, kind and on their feet.
From the moment you step inside the staff takes notice and really tries hard to be of assistance.
Stand out staff for me included Ritche at the front desk, Victor (just across front desk), Sergio (waiter at the box) and Marco at the sushi bar. But really, every single staff member we met was great.

Only a few complaints, I found the WiFi to be pretty expensive (about $300 pesos/day), the first day our room was not cleaned so we had to call in the afternoon to get it cleaned and finally one morning the cleaning service almost got into the room without knocking.

These are minor details, the staff really makes up for any inconveniences.

The food is pretty good and varied. My personal favorite was The Box.

Room Tip: Our room was around the 200´s, I would recommend somewhere else, since the only view there is a gard...
Dear Mr.

Thank you for your comments and opinions, we will take into account the things you mentioned so we can improve and provide the best experience possible during your vacations. We will congratulate the staff you mentioned for offering a great service.
We hope to see you again in your next vacations to Cancun.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Polish first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was my first time to an all-inclusive resort, as I normally travel more to experience the culture and intermingle with the locals. However, I was really in need of a vacation where I could just relax and not have to worry about where I was going to eat, drink, or sightsee. That being said, the Oasis Sens seemed like a perfect fit. I really appreciated the fact that it is an adults only resort, and at this time of year was not terribly crowded (another plus). I wasn't sure what to expect from an "all-inclusive", so I tried to roll with it. I expected the old "cattle lines" for dining, which wasn't the case at all. You do have to arrange your schedule around the restaurants hours a little bit, but I was given a schedule of their hours at the VIP desk and that was an easy enough task.

The Coba buffet restaurant was fine. I won't say the food was overall fantastic, but the ceviche was delicious, and both the dinner and breakfast buffets had enough options to satisy anyone. Special thanks to Manuel, who made my evening dining experiences there a pleasure!

The restaurant Al Sur was very good for me, but I am partial to the Mediterranean/Moroccan cuisine, so it was a nice change from what I expected from resort food. I did find everything on the menu to be quite good, no disappointments there. Highly recommend the eggplant dip!

My favorite restaurant though, hands down, was Benezuza. I consider myself a foodie, and when I found out that this restaurant was run by a chef trained by Ferran Adria from El Bulli in Spain, I was over the moon. Not at all what I would have expected from an all-inclusive. I do believe that most people "don't get" the concept molecular gastronomy, and are a little confused by the cuisine there. Many people I talked to didn't understand that it was a tasting menu and were disappointed that they couldn't pick and choose from the menu. I believe people would enjoy it as much as I did if they understood what it was about. I found the food to be delicious, and the dinner menu especially was playful, exciting, and kept my taste buds in a state of confused delight. Compliments to Mr. Zafra on making that dining experience the highlight of my vacation.

Because I really just wanted to relax, I sent most of my time in the VIP pool area reading, which was almost exclusively mine. The bartender Mauro was a joy to talk to and he was most pleasant in helping me with my Spanish lessons on a daily basis. :-)

A special thanks also to Usi from the Concierge desk. He was very helpful. However, I was a bit disappointed by the staff from the VIP desk. I wanted to go to the Sian Kaan island as promised by the resort advertisement as a special treat for VIP. I was told it was not possible, with no other explanation. (I believe since there weren't many people in the resort, they did not want to make the trip for a limited number of people). I was promised another trip in place of it, but after two complete days of being told "we are working on it, and will get back to you", my frustration level grew to a point that I just said forget about it. I was there to relax, not to have to keep asking for something that should have been a non-issue.

I spent my last full day of the trip at the main pool area with the swim up bar. I was traveling alone, and met many people who were also there by themselves. The general sentiment was that people just wanted to relax and have a good time, and it was great to talk to nice people who wanted no drama. The adult only atmosphere really added to that.

The location is great, and my mornings were started with a 6am walk on the gorgeous beach. The water is a little choppy there, so I would recommend if you aren't a strong swimmer to dip your feet in the ocean, but swim in the beautiful pools.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, with a beachside deck with plunge pool. It was sufficient for just m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are extremely delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurants, entertainment and facilities we offer. We will congratulate Chef Zafra on your behalf. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and hope to see you soon again on your next vacations.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

we just got back from a 6 night stay at oasis sens resort. we have been to cancun 10 times and stayed at verious places. the services were great there. all the staff was very friendly and happy to help with any questions we had.we ate most of our meals in the coba buffet dining and met Ernesto Mejin,asuper nice hard working fellow. the next trip to cancun , we will be staying here again.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind and positive comments. We are glad you had a great vacation here at our hotel and you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is a pleasure for us you serve you and make of your stay an unforgettable experience.
Hope to see you again soon.
Fort Lauderdale FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

( I apologize for the length)

OASIS SENS CANCUN

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
The hotel is working hard to re-brand itself and it's CONCEPT. The adults only is successful and the SENSes are tapped into. I think of Culinary, Artistic, Entertaining, Relaxing, Rejuvenating as words to describe this resort. It is still new to this concept but it is working. It is still a work in progress. They advertise LGBT friendly - it's not just words. I saw at least 7 or 8 LGBT couples enjoying themselves. I spoke to at least 25-40 quests while there to get their impressions. Most were very happy, all the LGBT said they would refer the resort to friends. There were several couples honeymooning that enjoyed it. Many felt they needed a late night eatery other than room service. All loved the grounds, the pools, the beaches.

I will recommend this resort to my clients. Other than the negatives I mentioned above I really was comfortable, enjoyed the food, the entertainment and truly the atmosphere. It is in a great location on the strip of Cancun.

Let me start by mentioning Caribe Maya(caribemaya.com.mx) the transfer/excursion company we used to get to the resort from the airport and back. They were right outside the airport waiting for us, quickly got us situated and on our way. Coming back they were at the resort 10 minutes early and whisked us right to the airport. I will highly recommend this company.

We arrived at Oasis Sens and were greeted by Fidel as we departed our vehicle. He was enthusiastic, took our luggage invited into the resort to check in and stated "WELCOME HOME". It was a nice start to our stay. Check In was quick and painless. While checking in Concierge made dinning reservations for us at the restaurants that required them, so we wouldn't have to worry about it during our stay. Fidel took us to our room

THE LOBBY
Well maintained with marble floors throughout and a 3 story atrium. Nice artwork and sculpture

THE ROOM
Beautifully appointed in white with the bed facing the ocean. A 42inch flat screen TV, Ambient lighting that had several color options, a table, 2 chairs and a dressing area. The bathroom has a huge marble tub. An outside deck with views of the pools, both directions of the beach, and with it's own private splash pool was very nice. A well stocked mini bar completed the room.

THE GROUNDS
The resort is beautiful with multiple connecting pools, different levels and decks to stop and lounge on the way down to the beach. Umbrellas poolside, Grass cabanas and beds at beach level. On the other side, Gardens with beds to lounge on and a private VIP pool and lounging area. There is a lovely terrace with seating that spans a good portion of the hotel on the ocean view side.
NEGATIVES: THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT LEVELS TO THIS HOTEL AND A LOT OF STEPS. THERE ARE RAMPS/ELEVATORS TO GET AROUND TO MOST PLACES BUT BE AWARE OF THE STEPS. I FOUND IT LOVELY AND VERY CULTURALLY ACCURATE, BUT MANY GUESTS MAY GET ANNOYED. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TO 1. BUFFET WITHOUT STEPS 2. SUNSET BAR 3. KINKY NIGHTCLUB

POOLS
They pools start with a pool with a bridge crossing it that is the "quiet pool". At night the bridge and pool area host entertainment activities. 2 side streams run from this pool and create waterfalls into the next pool down. There are stairs going from the top pool area right into the next pool down. This pool hosts a swim up bar, infinity pool and another pool surrounding it about 2 feet below this one-you can cross between these two lower pools. The lower pools flow over creating a waterfall to the next smaller pool. All the pools face the ocean and are very very close and easily accessible to the beach. I'd say you are at the beach within 30 seconds.
NEGATIVES: POOLS NEED SOME GOOD MAINTANENCE WORK DOWN TO THEM. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT THEY NEED TO HAVE SOME MINOR, YET NOTICEABLE REPAIRS DONE TO THEM. SWIM UP BAR CLOSES AT 5PM-THIS IS RIDICULOUS. PEOPLE ARE IN THE POOL UNTIL SUNSET-THE POOL BAR SHOULD ACCOMMODATE THESE GUESTS. FOR ALL THE POOL AREA AND BEACH THERE IS ONLY ONE SET OF BATHROOMS. A SECOND SET OF BATHROOMS WOULD BE NICE

RESTAURANTS (Room Service is also available)
BUFFET
A well appointed BUFFET serves Breakfast and Dinner. I loved the Celery/Pineapple/Orange Juice mixture. The food is fresh with many "made to order" items. I found it on par with just about every other buffet in hotels and cruise ships.
NEGATIVES: YOU CAN ONLY REACH THIS RESTAURANT BY DECENDING 30+ STEPS. A MOBILITY CHALLENGED GUEST HAS NO WAY TO GET HERE THE STAFF HOWEVER WILL MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO BRING THE FOOD TO THE GUESTS WITH NEEDS AND SET THEM UP TO EAT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION.

AL SUR MORROCAN
Set Menu Outside seating with Morrocon themed accents, flags and tents. Shows are performed at a stage for wonderful dinner/show combo. Stunning setting with excellent food. Open most nights

MOONLIGHT ITALIAN
Nice indoor and outdoor seating. A nice menu that had a nice selection. We enjoyed our meal here. The 4 cheese pizza was amazing. The fettuccine was your normal variety. The bread excellent. Open most nights

BENAZUZA
Created by 2 Star Michelin Chef Rafael Zafra this restaurant provides a 20 course MOLECULAR dining experience. Beginning with creative cocktails and going from there. This is truly unique and awesome.
>From the Potato Foam to the Coconut Popcorn, the Oyster Ceviche, Avocado Cannelloni and beyond. It is an absolute must and sets this restaurant apart from any other I've been to worldwide. There is a charge for this experience

Wimpy's Happy Chicken
Poolside Wimpy's serves hot dogs, burgers and panini. Happy Chicken serves variations of chicken dishes. Wings, friend, roasted, strips etc along with salads. Both great for during the day. Perhaps one should be open late at night.

The BOX
Wine Bar that serves Tapas as well. Very nice

Bars
Lobby, Sunset(windowed room high above the atrium with beautiful views of sunset), Swim Up, Schilla, VIP Lounge, Kinky Bar, Wimpy's and of course a bar on the beach. There are plenty of open bars during the day, but it quickly reduced to only 2 as the night goes on.
NEGATIVES: THE STAFF IS INCONSISTENT FROM BAR TO BAR. I NEVER ENCOUNTERED A TRULY HAPPY BARTENDER.

ENTERTAINMENT
Here the resort really shines. Usually two shows a night that are different. We saw the following BURLESQUE, ARABIAN, FLAMENCO, CARIBBEAN RHYTHMS, DRUMS&FIRE, JUGGLING, AERIAL ACROBATS, CONTORTIONIST, High Heel Extravaganza, a native aerial performance.
THE ENTERTAINMENT IS VERY GOOD AND PROVIDES QUITE A GOOD TIME

STAFF
Housekeeping kept my room clean, but was lax on keeping my mini bar replenished. My robe got dirty, although she took it, she never returned with a clean one. We had to ask her for towels one day as she forgot to leave them

Concierge and Restaurant staff...excellent, happy, helpful. Seemed Glad we were there
Activities staff...PHENOMENAL, especially Yonathon and Sabina. I watched these two staffers engaging people at all hours of the day. Water aerobics, beach volleyball, horseshoes, salsa dancing, yoga, pilates, whatever it may be they were there rooting us all on. They made sure everyone was always informed of all the days activities and entertainment. If there is an employee merit award these two deserve it.

Room Tip: THE VIP upgrade to Sian Ka'an level is well worth it. You receive a beautiful ocean view deck w...
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such detailed comments about our hotel; we are flattered to receive such great comments. We also wanted to thank you for your suggestions, this helps us improve our services and provide a better experience for our guests in the future.

We are glad you enjoyed the entertainment, restaurants and facilities we offer. It is satisfying to know you had a great time and had a wonderful vacation. We will make sure we congratulate the staff members you mentioned for providing such excellent service.

We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to Cancun. Have a great day.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

First time ever to Cancun; was there for 8 days; the resort is lovely, well kept, good lay out of rooms; nice clean beach section; food is what expected of a buffet-type dining (however, they did a nice job in changing the table lining in various color different day); customer service is superb; all the wait staff is nice (i enjoyed alfredo's charms); nice activity team (Sabina is lovely and good at what she does). I like the easy, not-too-crowded atmosphere. I will stay no where else but here from now on for its customer services and cleanliness. Only one minor trivial thing was that breakfast stops at 10 and lunch won't start until 12; so if you sleep in then you will be hungry for two hours.

Room Tip: I would pay extra to get ocean view room (the lagoon view is boring to me and the private suite does...
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments about our restaurants, facilities and service. Your opinion motivates us to provide a high quality service. We are satisfied we were able to meet your needs and expectations.
Hope to see you in our hotel soon.
wokingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is a joke 5 stars !!! The food is plain poorly presented and at times inedible. The staff are rude surly and unprofessional on occasions they are simply intimidating. If you want a low budget low service experience and dont mind sleeping next to the 'Kinky' (am not joking) nightclub you will be right at home. The other reviews praise the staff in great detail ??? Unusual to remember so many names returning after vacation. The beds are dirty and the bathrooms in poor working order. It is run like a concentration camp with the dreaded band check each time you re enter the hotel. Avoid like the plague if you want any form of service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sr.

We are truly sorry we couldn't meet your expectations; we offer you a sincere apology. Your comments will help us improve our service. We will take your opinion and comments very seriously and we will channelize them to the corresponding area to guarantee a better experience in the future.
Hope you can give us the opportunity to make it up to you and we assure you, you will have an unforgettable experience.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had a very nice time at the Oasis Sens. At first we felt frustrated because not all of the restaurants are open and the ones that are you must catch at a certain time. The food overall was not the greatest, but it was good. I wish the food had been more authentic Mexican, but it was good overall. My favorite was the breakfast buffet, but we had some very delicious dinners at the buffet as well. They have something for everyone and our server, Manuel, really took good care of us while we were there. He was a wonderful server. We also had a good experience at the Mexican restaurant there, Muerdeme Mucho where Gabriel and Guadalupe took excellent care of us as well. Aside from the food at Oasis, the pools were very warm and never crowded, which was awesome and the beach had great sand and was beautiful. One thing that would have been helpful however, would have been to get a map of the resort and a list of times and places that were available and open for business so we would have known where all of the restaurants and pools were located. We found a whole other pool the last day we were there that we had no idea existed. This resort has a great relaxed feel and I very much enjoyed my time there and the fact that we could visit other resorts as well. It's not the fanciest resort in Cancun, but I went there to relax and enjoy myself and I was able to do that at the Oasis Sens, so it gets my stamp of approval :).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, this will help us improve our service and provide the best experience possible during your stay. We will congratulate the staff you mentioned for providing an excellent quality of service.
We are extremely glad you had a wonderful time during your stay and happy you enjoyed our hotel.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Sens? Share your experiences!