“A Wonderfuel Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Oasis Sens

You added Grand Oasis Sens to your Saves list
Grand Oasis Sens
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ave Kukulcan Km 19.5 Hotel Zone, Cancun 77500, Mexico (Formerly Sens Del Mar)   |
Special Offer
Winter Sale: Over 50% Off
Ranked #63 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“A Wonderfuel Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Are you ready for an experience like never before? This place is waiting for you and I start with my wonderful experience lived there a few days ago. Oasis Sens is a different concept for adults, a hotel with a minimalist decoration, makes the arrival unique and incredible, When we arrive They kindly received and escorted to reception where Mr. Gregorio Sanches and David Catalan give us the check in quick, simple and above all first class with highest standards of quality. Hugo in Concierge help you with all your requests and in no time he alway give you an answer give us a world class Service.
The variety and exclusive restaurants, bars, shows, entertainment and Service fulfill my expectation. Nothing is missing everything in place, fun and entertainment world class ... Cabaret Burlesque, High Heels, Trailer Renacer del Quetzal, Senses Power, Aquatic Show, in truth very few hotels have so much variety and live music. Drink in the bar beside sunset a great pianist in a Romantic environment, priceless.
Congratulations to Juan Gonzalez for the excellent work in restaurants, a truly culinary experience, the fusion food restaurant south, transport you to Egypt, Arabia, Morocco in Cancun .... Benazuza the best Gourmet Restaurant in this beautiful paradise. The best Mexican food places, Muerdeme much Restaurant , live music, the services of the waiters without words Lupita the best ....
And what about my room 144, I have the best view of the Caribbean Sea, with my pool, the best amenities, mini-bar and room service The best.
Premium Drinks thanks to the bartenders and especially Didier Head of them, congratulations for the excellent variety of wines and liquors.
If you want to know more do not hesitate to book this resort, I can happily say that me and my partner enjoyed this wonderful place.
Please congratulate the Manager and my recommendation comprehensive insurance to all my friends here in U.S. and we are going to be back soon to Mexico to celebrate the birthday of the person who fullfill my life in this moment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Sr.

We are pleased to greet you and thank you for all those flattering comments about you time in our hotel. Thanks for choosing our hotel for your visit to Cancun. We are glad you enjoyed the great variety of activities, entertainment and restaurants and that you liked our facilities. We will congratulate our staff for providing such a great service.
It was a pleasure to have you and your partner as our guests and we hope you visit us again soon.
Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you need to take a break and relax oasis sens is the place to be .Me and my friend stayed there for one week we had a good expericence. The staff are amazing especially Luz at the coba buffet he gave us a good service .Everyday he had big smile on is face. I wanna go back to oasis sens just for the good staff and the good experience i had.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Ms.

It is really satisfying receiving such great comments about our service, this motivates us to keep improving and offer a high quality service. We are delighted you had a good and relaxing experience. Hope to see you soon, we will receive you with open arms and glad to see you again.
Cedar City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have never written a review for ANYTHING before, but I feel the need to do so just this once. I am not a world traveler and I have only been to Cancun once before, but the difference between this place and another adult only hotel is so apparent, I thought I should share some about it. We stayed from May 21-26, 2013.

Let’s start with the positives (there are fewer of them):

-The entertainment is pretty good for a small resort like this. I have seen acrobatics, fire dancing, burlesque, and some sort of dance/acrobatic routine. All a bit corny, but nice enough. The staff involve patrons in activities and keep things relatively fun (at least in comparison to the last place we stayed).
-The staff in general (bartenders, maintenance crews, waiters, etc.) have been a little bit friendlier than at the other resort. This is barring the management team or any desk help.
-The taste of the food is marginally better (but often cold/warm when it shouldn’t be). In particular the fajitas at the buffet are good and the chicken at Happy Chicken is good although the way it is handled (not kept at the proper temp) is a bit scary. The Italian place is ok too. The Arabic food place was different than I have had but perhaps is quite good if you are used to that kind of food? I would suspect not however. The Crepe’s at the Mexican restaurant are yummy. The fancy restaurant was interesting. I’m glad I had the experience but I would never pay $60 for it.
-The grounds are relatively nice. They are maintained fairly well but not 5 stars by any means.
-I wasn’t sure what to expect from a gay/lesbian friendly place (and so long as it wasn’t a bath house, I really don’t care what everyone else is doing. Live and let live is my motto), but short of their shows being geared a bit towards that crowd (two female acrobats in a love story performance, etc.), there hasn’t been anything strange or unusual. Just a bunch of heterosexual and gay couples trying to relax and enjoy their trip.

Now the negatives:

-The front desk and VIP personnel are anything but helpful. I had more issues than I can count and none were resolved in a timely manner. For instance, we had asked for our “upgraded” mini bar (2 local beers, 2 Coca Cola’s, 2 Sprite, and 2 waters-not an upgrade in my book) to be restocked, and it never was at all throughout the day. The next day when we approached the front desk and asked for it to be stocked, they said they can only put exactly the number of items allotted per day (8 total) in there. When I explain that I alone drink more than two waters each day and would prefer it over beer or cheap drinks at the bar throughout the day, they told me I would have to pay for it. Seriously? I asked what would happen if I were thirsty in the middle of the night; what I should do. They suggested I call room service. That’s great. Not only would I pay $1.50 for the bottle of water, but I would also have to pay roughly $14.00 for the room service! So $15.50 for a bottle of water? Yeah, at that point I was livid. And that’s just one example of the brilliant service at the desk.
-Do not…I repeat DO NOT accept a room on the ground floor. The smell of mold is intense and it is so humid that it only adds to the smell. It’s so uncomfortable even with the A/C on its coldest setting. I had read other peoples reviews concerning this and assumed they were being overly sensitive, but I can only add my testimony to theirs that it is truly awful.
-I’m not sure what the fancy coffee shop is about. We looked at the menu and were told that the only flavors available were the ones on the counter. Then we were shown the container of instant coffee and were told the best coffee is out at the lobby because it is made from real beans. VIP huh?
-Our first morning here we had a 1.5 inch cockroach in our room. We didn't see any big bugs after that but there were these weird micro sized bugs EVERYWHERE.
-The deck is in dire need of an umbrella. It’s so bloody hot by 8am that you can’t be out there without becoming hyperthermic in a matter of minutes.
-The floors inside are made of smooth marble and if your feet are wet at all, it’s like walking on ice. Nearly fell after walking through some water outside being used to clean the grounds.
-Although we paid extra for the VIP status, which earns us a pass into the VIP lounge, we still have to pay between $5-10 per shot of higher quality booze. I’m not talking Patron tequila, but even 1800 brand costs extra. Their website states that they offer “unlimited beverages including domestic alcohol and non-alcoholic” drinks. When they use the term “including,” that implies that it is in addition to other types of alcohol. Not true. Only domestic alcohol is served for no charge.
-Room service charges roughly $14.00 if they bring you anything. Most places do not charge for room service. It is included in your package. As a VIP member, I would expect that I can have what I want, when I want and NOT have to pay extra for it. I didn't have any sort of special VIP status at the last place we stayed and everything was still free.
-Several restaurants charge extra for certain menu items. I don’t feel I should be limited on what I am able to eat in an all-inclusive place.
-This is NOT a 5 star hotel. Although I don’t consider myself a world traveler, I have traveled extensively in the U.S. and would rate this as a 3-3.5 star. Perhaps it has all the supposed amenities to qualify as a 5 star, but the actual quality of those amenities and the extra cost charged is anything but.
-Our room was in general disrepair. The tubs finish was literally peeling off. The paint was chipping and the furniture was 3 star quality at best with cracks in it. The mattress was lumpy and hard.
-The grounds have several hazards. For instance, there are unmarked drainage ditches which I nearly sprained my ankle in. Also, there are pool crossings that although they are fine during the day, at night they are a bit scary as they’re not marked in any fashion and the lighting near them is insufficient.
-Although I didn’t pry, at breakfast I overheard other guests that were unhappy with their rooms and seemed more than upset about it. Furious might be a more appropriate word. So I guess I wasn't alone.

I really don’t know what else to say. We are not a high maintenance couple. We both grew up poor and when you work this hard for something and pay this much for VIP service, you expect that you will get your money’s worth. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. Every single day there was a new problem that needed to be addressed leaving not one single pleasant day here. I will NEVER return to an Oasis property again in my life and would encourage all to choose something higher class than this. Our first trip to Cancun was so nice in comparison to this. At this point, I’m not sure I will come back to Cancun period.

Room Tip: Please avoid first floor (garden level).
Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry to learn about all the inconveniences you had during your visit. We wanted to thank you for taking the time to write everything about your experience in our hotel, we will surely take them into account so we are able to satisfy our guests’ needs and expectations in the future.
We wanted to let you know that we are making changes day by day in our hotels to provide a better service and an unforgettable experience to our guests.
Hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you to improve your perception about us.
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having stayed here due to a flight delay I would rather have stayed at the airport. I checked in with water pouring through the ceiling,standing on a towel. My room still had the cleaning cart in the room and the shower did not work,meaning I had to wash my hair under the bath tap. I placed an order with room service and the food was inedible.The hotel has a night club which pounded out a row until early morning. The doors close noisily and made it impossible to sleep. The hotel is staffed by aggressive and rude individuals who go out of their way to be unhelpful and belligerent. This is the least all inclusive hotel on the planet I am still wondering what was included, as even the provision of water seemed to cause them a major problem. Do not stay here under any circumstances if you wish to be treated with any degree of courtesy.As for 5 star?? Not even one!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry about the negative experience you had in our hotel. Thank you for your comments and opinions; this helps us improve our service so we can be able to fulfill our guests’ high expectations in our facilities.
We are sorry the weather conditions were not optimal during your stay. We wanted to let you that we are in contact with all the different departments in our hotel so we can correct all of the inconsistencies.
We hope to have the opportunity to receive you once again and create an amazing experience.
Southeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Oasis Sens is great for couples only and the food is great! Any of the restaurants are fabulous with staff who obviously know their cuisine very well. If you are looking for an adult resort with all the standard inclusions found in most other resorts but with great security (they're serious about your security) AND open-mindedness (LBGT acceptance), Oasis Sens is one of the best. The staff is nice as well. Smart car rentals are a great value especially since they are easy to drive and fun too. Note: only 2 people (couples) fit in the Smart car - another hint at their couples only theme.

Room Tip: Some rooms in south building do not have immediate access to elevator...think Mayan steps....it'...
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to greet you and thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Cancun.
Thank you so much for your kind and positive opinions. We are extremely glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon again; we will receive you with open arms!
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is everything you'd expect from an all-inclusive resort with its few ups and downs, but make no mistake, if you are looking for a relaxed, noise-free vacation in Cancun, these guys know just how to treat you.

For starters, Oasis Sens is one of the first hotels coming from the airport, so your transportation won't take long (30 min tops) once you arrive you are greeted by a very nice looking motor lobby overlooking the Nichupte Lagoon, then the bell boys will take your luggage with a grin on their faces (Rene on our case, was an awesome first contact) and direct you to the front desk; we had a VIP plan so we were ushered to the VIP Lounge and didn't have to make a line at the regular front desk. There, Andrea was the girl who checked us in (also with a wide smile on her face) and explained the VIP All-inclusive plan in general. Usi -anoher guy from the welcome staff- sat us down to explain in detail; aside from the usual stuff (snack bars, buffets) we had access to the aforementioned VIP Lounge with it's own bar and some finger food, a little coffe bar too with smoothies, a variety of teas and cookies and lastly to a VIP pool overlooking the lagoon (all other pools face the beach or the hotel itself) very nicely lit and flanked by beds if you just wanted to kick back and relax.

Now for some details on the hotel grounds; while the hotel is not really that big, it accomodates 2 large pools and 3 snack bars (burguers at Mr. Wimpy, Sushi at the Sushi bar facing the beach and a variety of chicken (roast, fried...) at Happy Chicken right by one of the pools; all areas look very clean and taken care of, with the exception of the swim up bar, the little blue tiles around it and some areas of the pool it's located look rusty and old, it would certainly use a little maintenance. The lobby has a terrace that has a view of the beach and the pools with some lounge chairs and tables, those come in handy if you want to look at some of the shows they put up in the pool at night.

The room we were given was an ocean view (615), it was on the central part of the hotel and had a very nice view of the beach, it was very clean although with one issue, the balcony door was jammed and prooved very hard to open, it took 3 calls to the front desk to get this fixed, i wish they could've fixed it right away but they took their time. A nice 40-ish inch flat screen was the enterntainment center, we asked for a king size bed and they delivered, the bed was surrounded by two veils from each side and at the top of the bed was a strip of mood lights which you could change from red-blue-yellow-magenta at your convinience, turned it off to sleep, but it was a nice touch.

One side note about the room, the towels for beach/pool use were there (big yellow ones) iI found it a bit cumbersome that they have you bring your towell up and down your room instead of using the usual "towel card" system you can find everywhere else.

Lastly, the restaurants: there are 5 of them:

Coba is the buffet and serves breakfast and dinner only, it has the usual selection of plates ranging from eggs and ommeletes at breakfast to tapas and sushi for dinner, we never had a problem with the service there, every member of the Coba staff was always willing to help you get what you wanted.

Moonlight (italian a la carte): This is one of the specialties restaurant, and hence the dresscode calls for no sandals and no sleevless shirts when you go there, the problem is they don't tell you that until you are already waiting for your table. I was told by the hostess (Maricela) that she "was going to make an exception" because i was wearing a sleevles shirt for dinner and they don't approve that. The problem with that exception is that she just didn't leave it at that, she constantly had to remind me that she was doing me some kind of favor, which neither I nor my couple appreciated. The food was actually good, they serve a very good Asparagus salad and an Arugula one that were delightful; pizzas and pastas are obviously there, we tried the pizzas and they were not too big, a nice order for 2.
One our last day we thought we could grab something before our trip back and headed there but we were -once again- greeted by Maricela, she assigned us a table just to backpedal seconds later telling us "we are already closed, sorry" followed by another one of her "exceptions" and her constant reminders not only to us, but to the waiters warning them that -since we were last- we could only order pizza, and nothing else. Another bad mark for her on our book.

Muerdeme Mucho (Mexican): This one was the first one we tried because we arrived at lunch time and was he only one open at the time (Moonlight closes on tuesday) and we weren't amused by it, the service was really, REALLY slow, and once a waiter brought us some of our order, the food wasn't good, too salty or in my case cold (ordered a soup and it arrived cold). We never returned to that in all our stay.

The other one was an Asian restaurant that we didn't tried and lastly theres "Benazuza" which is a gourmet-molecular restaurant that costs an additional charge.

The snack bars and beach bars are nice and the people there is always willing to serve you, they have a wide variety of coctails if that's your thing, or you can go with plain old beer. I would recommend Happy Chicken if you are feeling hungry and don't want the bloat of a whole burguer, you can sit down under a palm tree and order a piece of roasted chicken or some wings and you are set for the afternoon.

The enterntaiment on the pool was lead by Sabina who shake things up having "aqua-aerobics" and pool-volleyball on a daily basis, it was a nice addition to the activities since most of the time people are just laying there in the sun.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a quiet time without being boring, the hotel has a variety of activities to do there to make your time worth the while spent there. Even with the shortcomings i listed, I think it's a good value and definitely worth checking out.

Dear Sr.

We highly appreciate your comments and your detailed experience about your stay, this helps us improve our service constantly so we can provide a better experience on your vacations. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacations in Cancun and for recommending it for future guests.
Hopefully we can see you again soon on the future.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just returned from Oasis Sens and I know that this will be my resort whenever I come back to Cancun. I had read all of the reviews on this place and decided to go in with an open mind. Glad I did, the staff treated me like royalty from the time I got to the resort up until the time I left. I won't bother going into the minor details because my overall experience was exceptional; so I'll stick with the things most people care about.

Service: Exceptional! From Francisco who met me at the resort entrance, to Jonathan in the VIP check-in area. To bartenders Victor, Candelario & Mely. Even Martha in housekeeping was very sweet and accommodating. All great and friendly.

Room: As a VIP upgrade, I was located on the sixth floor facing the beach with a private plunge pool. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone staying at the resort wouldn't just upgrade to get into one of these rooms. The view was breathtaking, the bed was huge and comfortable, the linens and furniture was clean. I checked under the mattress for critters and bed-bugs... none. My immediate impression was that the room was a bit small, but as I was traveling solo it turned out to be spacious enough for the amount of time I actually spent in the room. I'd suggest asking for a larger room if you're traveling as a couple; unless you're madly in love and have no need for personal space. The private plunge pool was very much needed for cool downs when returning from the scorching heat of the beach. Minibar was replenished everyday, and housekeeping did an amazing job of tidying up.

Food: Happy Chicken was my favorite go-to for a hearty snack. The wings and rotisserie chicken are superb. The buffet was average and I found myself only going for breakfast. The Italian restaurant was amaze balls. Get the strawberries for dessert! Benazuza was great. A really nice concept offering a wide variety of small plates. I'll admit that I'd had one too many margaritas prior to going, which I regret, so I did feel a bit overwhelmed by the seemingly never ending plates that continued to arrive at my table. But everything was delish and the service was impeccable. Mr Wimpy's is really good for a quick burger or hot dog to soak up all the booze you've taken in at the pool bar and is conveniently located right next to it which is great. Never got around to any of the other restaurants, as they were either closed or not needed.

Ambiance: The modern décor, the friendly staff, the abundance of options all make this place hip, young and the feeling of just big enough. I felt totally safe and relaxed during my stay. I had read comments about things going missing from your room, but as long as you lock everything away in the safe you should be fine. I met lots of cool couples and singles all just looking to kick back and relax. This is not the resort for the stuffy, close-minded, LGBT loathing traveller. In fact the accepting spirit was quite refreshing; come on people it IS 2013. Even the on-site nightclub "Kinky" was just wild enough without being freshman year spring break all over again. The beach was clean. Oh... but something needs to be done about the bathroom above the beach bar. PISS CENTRAL. Crazy that that is my only complaint about this place; but true.

All-in-all this place is a great value for money, modern and cool resort that I'll definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atención C, RP at Grand Oasis Sens, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and positive opinion. It is extremely satisfying to know we met your expectations and we are extremely glad you had a pleasant time in our hotel. We are happy our staff provided great service; we will surely congratulate them for doing an excellent job.
We are delighted you enjoyed our restaurants, facilities and entertainment.
Thank you once again for your preference and we look forward to receiving you on your next vacations.

Best regards.

Been to Grand Oasis Sens? Share your experiences!