I booked this hotel for the 1st leg of our honeymoon on Gold Passport points, staying 5 nights in a Regency Suite and 4 nights in an Ocean View room.... and I was VERY VERY happy! The Hyatt has to be in one of the best spots in the Cancun hotel zone, being just a short walk from the hustle and bussle of the nightclub/restaurant strip, and even closer to bus stops to catch the bus into downtown Cancun. Yeah OK, the hotel is a little old.... but as soon as you open the blinds to the balcony you immediately forget the room behind you, with one of the best views in Cancun right in front of you, and besides that - you are in CANCUN; you should be out on the beach, in a restaurant, seeing the sights and havintg fun OUTDOORS, not cooped up in your hotel room whining about the water pressure and the dated decor (which PS, i thought was fine and very befitting of the region).
So here's my rundown in point form:
- FANTASTIC location in the Cancun hotel zone
- breakfast buffet was good, as was the free Regency Club breakfast (which you get with regency club rooms)
- FREE DRINKS between 5-7pm in the Regency Club room if you have a Regency club room
- restaurants very close (walking distance)
- nightclubs and nightlife just walking distance
- Would DEFINITELY recommend catching the bus into downtown Cancun for a more affordable and more fun dinner experience. Bus is like 8 pesos/person, and food is MUCH cheaper and better quality in downtown.
- semi-private beach, with PLENTY of shaded lounges on the beach
- very attentive staff.... you will never wait more than 5 minutes between finishing one drink and ordering another
- pools are excellent, and daily activities are available if you run out of things to do
- there is an OXXO (like a 7-eleven) across the road to get cheap beers and snacks for your room
I could write heaps about how much of an awesome time i had here... but i think most of the recent reviews echo my sentiments.
The only negatives I have are:
- mini bar fridges arent very cold. I opted to buy a bag of ice and fill up the bathroom sink with ice to chill the beers i bought from the OXXO across the road
- the housekeeping lady mixed up my laundry request... i asked for a couple of my wifes dresses to be dry cleaned, and the rest of the laundry just washed as per normal. But she didnt speak english and just washed everything normally. No big deal - if the dresses were expensive I wouldve completely separated the laundry requests (ie, call in each request 1 hour apart or something) and then clearly point out that the dresses were for dry cleaning. My mistake really for giving unclear instructions.
Overall - i had an absolutely awesome time here. Would DEFINITELY chose to stay at the Hyatt again, even if i was paying :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Krystal Grand Punta Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Hyatt Cancun