“Great Deal! Family loved the trip!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“Great Deal! Family loved the trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

It was a great deal for the price but it doesn't mean it was bad. It was actually great for all the things the hotel had to offer.
Good: Price, activities: 2 main pools, one adult pool with swim up bar, kid's paradise with their own water park, great slides in the back, rock wall (although no one was ever there to supervise it), zip line, miniature golfing, indoor pool for those who do not want the hot sun all day long, movies at night, theater shows (just so-so), activity room with billiards, ping-pong & air hockey, teen room that only teenagers were allowed into, location, so many different restaurants to choose from. Very clean all around although some of the guests acted like pigs.
Bad: Room's floors always seems to have something on them, it was so humid we had to constantly keep the air conditioner running but it was really noisy and really difficult to sleep under, slippery floors (but that is with any hotel in Mexico), my kid's hated the Kid's club but that's because they think they are too old for it, making reservations for dinner was a pain because line was generally always busy but it took me around 10 minutes and I didn't always get the times I wanted, breakfast buffet got boring after a while. Only offer one type of red and one type of white wine, if you want something different, it'll cost you.
Restaurants: Didn't got to Wayne's Boot's - not sure how the food is there.
Fisherman's - was good but portions are small so if you're going to want a large main entree, order 2 of them. We tried to order the beef dish again and the waiter almost refused. Of course, there were 8 of us and I think we overwhelmed him.
La Piazza - food was just mediocre although the service was really good and the view was nice. Again, I ordered the beef and that was actually fabulous. Pizza's were eh...
Los Gallos - probably the best restaurant there. Loved the food here. Again, I ordered the steak and it was excellent. Service was especially good, only problem was the mariachi singers, they kept coming to our table and unfortunately, they started to annoy us.
San Souci - very good, very nice atmosphere, only problem was we missed our kids... The scallops were really good and again, so was the steak.
Sushi - you can only order 2 plates at a time but you can come back as often as you like. Only problem with this is that it takes about 5 minutes to get your two plates and forget it if there is a line. Fish is actually very fresh though and their banana roll was quite good. Not an extensive menu but that's typical for any Mexico All-Inclusive resort.
Mid-Way Snack Bar - very good chicken fingers and steak sandwich. Did I mention I like beef? ha ha
Two Hour Presentation - we did sit through the 2 hour timeshare presentation, well they don't call it a timeshare, they call it a "Vacation Plan". Here's the scoop, it's to buy points to purchase nights at 5 different resorts. Each point counts for one room per night but if you want the 2 bedroom suite (the one you get the tour of), it'll cost you 3 points per suite per night. Still, not a bad deal but the problem is you only get to choose from 5 resorts, 2 of them are in Puerto Vallarta, one in Guadalajara and one is somewhere I forgot but still in Mexico and of course the CPC. There is a $600 maintenance fee per year but if you book more than one vacation per year, you only have to pay the one maintenance fee. Therefore, if you are planning to have a wedding there and want to invite a bunch of friends and use up all your points, it's a great way to go. Of course you can try to haggle out of the maintenance fee (*hint hint). Did we buy one you ask? No, we did not. BUT for the two hours we spent, we received $100 credit at the resort (which we used toward a rental car), $30 waverunners for 1 hour (2 of them but when we got to the waverunner place, they offered the same deal for 3 of them) - this normally costs $50 per 30 minutes, 2 for the price of one spa treatment (but you can only choose from 2 treatments) and I think that was it - but it was a lot for 2 hours of our time. We tried to get the waverunners again for the same price elsewhere and "no can do"!
One final thing, we went to Xel-Ha- What an Awesome Awesome experience that was. It is approximately $80 per adult and $40 for children but if you want transportation, it's double that. So, we purchased the tickets in advance online and rented the van at the hotel (rip off) but still cheaper than paying $150 per ticket, which is what the hotel was charging. There were 8 of us so renting the van was worth it. Also, we used the van to go to the waverunning location, very close to the hotel. Xel-Ha takes about 2 hours to get to so be patient, it's a straight line down one highway and 90 miles, not difficult to get to but I would definitely google it before I go. Lot's of gas stations along the way in case you want to fill up for later. One word of advice, after dusk, after the park closes, the mosquitos swarm so bring that spray when you leave the park. We were practically eaten alive and it HURT! But it was such a great experience while we were in the park, we saw a huge blue stingray, a conch shell with something inside it, the kids jumped off the cliff, they hung onto the rope and into the water, stayed by the hammocks and the food, oh the food there, was exceptional. My husband liked the food there better than at the hotel... I can't say I agree but whatever...
Another word of advice, when waverunning, do not do it on the beach, do it at the marina. The marina's waters are much calmer. The beach is so rough, it's not even fun. As I was watching from my hotel room, I saw someone flip over on the waverunner on the beach, if you like that sort of stuff - go for it!
One last word of advice, when we returned from Cancun, we took a connecting flight at
Charlotte. At Charlotte, we had to get all our bags from baggage claim, re-check it in, stand at security again and RUN to the connecting flight. Plus our flight from Cancun to Charlotte was delayed so we ran another 30 minutes behind schedule. Our layover was 90 minutes but we barely had 15 minutes to get through the security gate and to our plane. Luckily, people in Charlotte are never in a hurry. (my apologies to all the Charlottians out there but that was my experience).

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Crown Paradise is a very beautiful resort! the location is perfect; the water is gorgous. Be very careful of the shells & rocks in the waves!!! the resort is very family friendly. Take caution in the approach of their membership sales; it is not a timeshare and it could be a great investment; but if you know you are not interested ~ you could end up losing a full day of listening to their presentation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed in the hotel zone at a different hotel in March and went back for 2 weeks because it was so nice. We stayed at the Crown Paradise for 2 weeks and, This is NOT a great hotel by any means. The beds were rock hard. The food was the same everyday for 2 weeks and barely edible. The coffee was cold most of the time. You can't rest and relax, due to the loud speaker at the pool being on all day, everyday. The free golf is at a course down the road not at the course across the road and it's so unkept even the hotel staff said they wouldn't golf there. We upgraded from the club rooms to the honeymoon suite and housekeeping didn't even sweep the floors once in the 5 days we stayed there. The hotel staff wasn't helpful, and usually rude. We went to the pool to swim at 8pm and were told to get out by the security. Pools close at 7! It's 35 degrees and we can't swim????

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We just returned Aug 7th. Spent 7 days at the CPC and the only bad thing I can say about the hotel is there is nt swim up bar at the main pool. We never went to the adult only pool but there is a swim up there.
I was so nervous after reading the bad reviews. We have 3 children 12, 10 and 7. This was the best week of their lives! The hotel is clean. Sure it is hot...it is MEXICO! But our room was fine. Even a bit cool at night. My kids were freezing the first night. We had a gigantic king. It comfortably fit all 3 girls. My husband and I slept in the full size bed. A bit snug there. Yes, the beds were hard. We have stayed in Mexico at least 6 times and have NEVER had a soft cozy mattress. We were all so tired by bedtime we did not mind it really.

Food was good. Something for everyone. I never have super high standards for all inclusives and the CPC far exceeded my expectations. No one got sick and the kids were able to find something to enjoy at each meal.
We had no problem getting through for reservations. Called around 8:30 and made reserv. for that night and the next. Waynes Boots is fun but the food was not so great. Italian was good and the Fishermans was my husbands favorite. The waiters are fantastic. Took very good care of the kids!
Those who work the slides/zipline etc are the best I have ever seen! I think my kids spent 80% of their time at the waterslides and zipline. They knew my kids by name by the 2nd day. They make the kids feel like they are the only kids who matter. It is amazing! My kids were sad when we had to leave Chwy and Erick and Any. One review mentioned how "safe" they felt. Was not sure what that meant until we went. Yes, I felt safe and I never once worried about my kids running up to the room or switching pools without me.
Never had a hard time getting pool chairs or an elevator. Yes, bars were crowded but a tip and a first name....they will take care of you. They all deserve tips!
Our maid was great. Roomservice, well, we only odered bottled water but it arrived quickly.
Beach is rough and not good snorkeling but it is beautiful! We found about 10 conch shells.
Never once was bothered by timeshare folks.
Lobby is loud at night but all done by 11.
Floors are slippery. Again, it is mexico and everything is tile!
Drinks are not weak, just small. Many people had big cups and the bar will fill any cup you bring them. I just worry about not washing your cup for a week! YUCK! I would suggest bring koozies, though. I had to put ice in everything cuz it was so warm my pina colada would melt so fast and my beer would get warm. But a few icecubes and all was well!

So, a very long review here! Bottom line....I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend if they have kids! Probably not if they are traveling with just adults.
Don't believe the grumps! Guess some people could find something to complain about anywhere!
5 big thumbs up from Texas!!

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

We just returned and I had to get on and ease the concerns of reviews that are on the site. I traveled with my family wife and kids 5,6 and my parents, my sisters family kids 9,12,15 and brother and kids 5 and 7. We had a wonderful time and I was very nervous as I looked at alot of sites and thought this resort had what was best for our family. Our only complaints were it was too sunny and we had to leave!
We ate at every restaurant except french(no kids, no problem). Favorite was the fisherman's because the grouper was great!, But the italian cooked our fish we caught on a fishing excursion very well, the mexican was fun and authentic, and the steakhouse was worth going(steak is not mexico's specialty) my brother in law had the beef tenderlion at the italian and steakhouse and found it very good.
The kids had a great time, kids slides in kids club were great, adult slides were awesome(people come down fast so watch your kids early in trip and teach them to move quickly away from slides). The multiple pools were great as the shade pool near kids club offered a way cool off. Main pool is a little loud as music starts about ten o'clock and is a decible high. But our kids were up at 7 or 8 and after a wonderful breakfast we would swim comfortably till they were ready to do the next event.
Tips
1. Check in is a little frustrating. Mexican minutes are slower than New York minutes. Be patient, bring a carry on with bathing suits, change and go to the bar and cool pool. They checked all 14 in at the same time some rooms were ready some weren't.
2. Don't change money at airport rates are very bad.
3. Sushi and Chinese hut are excellent.
4. transportation to hotel and back are excellent thru expedia(Best day transport).
5.We had no trouble making reservations for restaurants
6. Bring large plastic cups or thermal mug for refreshments, cups are small but easy to get and you drink alot.
7. The staff is super friendly, Tips are appreciated but no one was less friendly for not tipping or more friendly for tipping. I found it hard because I was always in my bathing suit and didn't always have money.
8. We did the fishing with aquaworld and found them good, my sister's family did the snorkeling to Isla de Murjues and had fun. They liked the tour but the snorkeling is better in cozemel or Xeha. We didn't want to take the younger kids but Xceret and Xeha are excellent but pricey.
9. Ocean was perfect. Cancun gets great surf. My Nieces and nephews loved learning to Body surf. My niece got a knee board and rode a wave about 50 yds to shore. They loved it. We didn't get a red flag day the hole trip.
10. If you want to travel around, rental car is $120 per Week, it is easier than cabs and bus. It isn't hard to drive around and the airport is 8 miles from hotel. For couples it will make it easy to get out and have fun.
11. For excursions you can get a free box lunch to take see concierge the night before and they will make it.
12. Embrace mexico! The food has a mexican flare and the people have a mexican flare. If you want your trip to be american then stay in america! It will leave more mexico for the rest of us.

Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

As all the reviews state "for the price" you certainly get what you pay for. The room was very cheap motel-ish and covered in sugar ants all week and if you like soft beds this is not your resort. We could deal with the less than desirable rooms and beds (aside from the ants) because you do, in fact, get what you pay for. The pool areas are very crowded and loud which is to be expected in a "kid friendly" resort and the pool side bars close very early. (No swim up bar) The beach is beautiful but the beach bar remains closed and there is no beach service. The food was decent. I recommend the Mexican food place. Getting reservations was tricky at all of the restaurants. I was told to call around 8 am each morning for next day reservations but when I called no one answered. One morning I called and set the phone down while we got ready and after 45 min it was still ringing. We went to the front desk and spoke to Enrique the general manager and he was very helpful and got us reservations.

Now here is the big complaint: LOUSY SERVICE at all bars! The bar service was absolutely terrible. I understand that the people that work there have to deal with young kids all day and probably hate their job but completely ignoring everyone that comes to the bar is ridiculous! I thought that tipping would help...NO! They just don't care! Like I said before... all the little crappy issues are tolerable but the service was enough to never stay at this hotel again! I don't recommend! If you don't have kids I recommend The Royal In Cancun. Well worth the extra money!

Lake Placid, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Great hotel for kids many things to do like water park, slides, game room. My girls 8 & 5 had a blast. Food was great at buffet and resturants for the price we paid it was excellant! Pool area is a bit over crowded and no chairs available if yu don"t get up at 6:30am to reserve. Disappointed about the full size beds in rooms a bit small for us but comfortable. Market prices are 3x more than downtown. Take the bus for 8 pesos less than a dollar and shop at Market 28 downtown grea priced there. Great hotel location, beach area was nice, more waves than expected. Bad comments are from people who must be very picky! Great choice if staying here!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!