“Easter Week 2014” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #66 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
New York City, New York
“Easter Week 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

After Check- In everything was GOOD!! Beautiful grounds kept clean and well groomed, Staff was Awesome very Respectful/Courteous the Shows were Great Very Talented and hard working people they also worked the pool/kids club/night club entertaining everyone all Day & Night Owner is Very Lucky to have this Staff!! they make it A Fun Place to be at.
The waiters in the Buffet & Restaurants were very good . Wayne's Boots was good food the food in the other restaurants was OK, at the Buffett you could always find something to eat Food could be a bit Tastier/ Better. The only real Fall-Back is as I read in some other reviews"'The Front Desk" even through they are polite!!! you get the feeling they don't care enough about what you need/want I was told when I checked in our Family and I were in different buildings I asked why they said you did-not request to be in same place???? One reservation for 5ppl even with different last names would want to be close by!! I was told if you want Tomorrow we can do it,I believe they have 600rms and I booked it 10mths ago go- figure why we couldn't be together in the same building at check in but we could the next day???. As I said after Check-In all is GOOD.

Room Tip: first floor 2nd tower almost street level not to many stairs/ramps close to Buffett/Pools/Restauran...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello Ellen136,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Cancun, and for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.

It is excellent to know that you experienced great service throughout your stay and enjoyed the facilities. Thank you for also commenting how great our entertainment team is, we’re glad to hear you had so much fun.

We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and we apologize for not having met your expectations in regards to your room allocation. As the resort was fully booked on those dates, it made it harder to accommodate special requests, and probably the rooms closer to each other were not available. Although special requests are not guaranteed and are subject to availability, sometimes it is useful to know our guests’ preferences in advance.

Hopefully we will see you again soon at the Crown Paradise Club and please feel free to contact us prior to your arrival if we can assist you with anything to make your next stay a unique experience.

Katarina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just arrived back from a 2 week stay at Crowne Paradise Club and had an amazing time. I travelled with a friend and my 3 children aged 9, 4 and 22 months.
There were so many highlights I will try and give a comprehensive review but the most important was the staff, they work really hard long hours all with a smile in their faces, nothing is ever too much trouble and they really do go out of their way to look after you and make sure everything is ok.

I booked through Thomas Cook
The room was a standard ocean view room and was tight for space for five people but there were no upgrades available via Thomas Cook when booking and I understand there are better spacious rooms which perhaps would've suited our party better - Thomas Cook should really look at offering these room options on booking.

Another point regarding Thomas Cook is the seats on flight were the most uncomfortable I have experienced and on an 11 hr flight this should really be a better seat offering I had to travel with my 22 month on my lap and wasn't given an option to buy her a seat but travelling that length with a toddler on your lap in those seats was torture and I'm afraid she spent the time screaming as she was so uncomfortable, perhaps those travelling with children on their lap should be offered better seating space as you couldn't even put the table down to eat the meal and I didn't bother as it was too much hassle.

Anyway back to hotel.

We ate at the main buffet restaurant every night as this seemed easier with the kids and we were all delighted with the quality and variety of food offered. The service in particular was outstanding, Pablo, Edwin to name a few were relentless in providing excellent service and were attentive and professional throughout our stay. They work incredibly hard and never stop and they deserve recognition for this.

Food is available 24hrs a day and we ordered room service a couple of times which was a great treat for the kids and all included - fantastic!!

The kids club was fantastic and my children, in particular my 4yr old loved the slides and activities and I felt very comfortable leaving them there. The staff were fantastic and despite getting to know me and my children over the two weeks they were fastidious is checking the children in and out and so as a parent this was paramount in ensuring the children were safe and well supervised and they were.

My youngest attended the baby club and again the staff here were amazing and I felt very comfortable with leaving my baby in their care and she loved it. Mexico is very hot and so this was a godsend to ensure she was in a safe place to nap and play during the hottest part of the day.

The bar staff were friendly the service was excellent and in particular the beach bar staff were amazing - a special mention to Gabriel (I think that was her name) who spent all day in blistering heat taking drink orders and really looked after us.

The pools were great, yes you do have to get up early to reserve the best places by the pool but you have to do that everywhere - we never had a problem on the beach. Staff were constantly cleaning and maintaining the pool and beach areas, taking drinks orders, collecting glasses and nothing was ever too much trouble.

The entertainment was fantastic in particular the Michael Jackson show was absolutely outstanding and I watched in total awe at the talent displayed I felt I was actually watching Michael Jackson perform is was that good. The entertainment team (including kids club and baby club staff) spent day and night pricing first class entertainment and whilst the shows were very family orientated - this was a family holiday and suited us perfectly, my children loved the shows, as did I.

Overall it was an amazing holiday and I will definitely return and looking into booking again it was excellent value for money and provided first rate facilities and service.

The bad points: The Americans (not all but most) were rude and obnoxious especially to staff and they were pushy loud and annoying most of the time - sadly as USA is such closer proximity to Mexico than the uk, then these will always be the bread and butter for the resort and a lot of food options etc were very much geared towards them.

I also had a niggle that topless sunbathing is not allowed around the pool areas (adult pool and exception) it's not a major issue but I found this quite surprising as generally this is fine and no issue anywhere else I have been and I am a person that like to sunbathe topless - was made to feel a little uncomfortable that this was not allowed (although I didn't notice any signs stating this) I mean it's only topless bathing? What's the big deal? Maybe this is more of a European thing but I personally don't understand why it shouldn't be allowed band meant that I spent a lot more time at the beach, which was fine as the beach was beautiful.

Provide more shaded areas by the beach and maybe some kids play areas on the beach where parents can play with their children especially the little ones?

To be honest though these are only suggestions and I did have a fantastic time nine of us wanted to leave and can't wait to go back again.

Stayed April 2014
Hello curtisclan,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive impressions about Crown Paradise Club. We are thrilled that you experienced such exceptional service throughout your stay. It is also wonderful to know that you enjoyed our amazing kids facilities, the pools, the food selection, and the entertainment.

We’re proud to have such great staff as Pablo, Edwin and Gabriela on our team, thank you for mentioning their hard work, it is highly appreciated when our staff’s efforts are noticed.

As you have mentioned topless sunbathing at the resort is restricted to adults-only pool, this is a common policy among family-friendly hotels in Mexico, and I’m truly sorry if this has affected you in any way.

We are so glad that you and your family were overall very pleased with your choice and that you had a great time staying with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This will be the second time to the CPC. The staff is incredible and polite. Great place for kids too. Food is awesome...especially Wayne's Boots. The riding bull killed me, but food is awesome. Drinks are not watered down. The resort is beautiful and clean. Views are outstanding. There is an abandoned hotel next door, but the CPC cannot help that. Will be visiting on June 2nd...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms above the second floor are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Hello thomas k,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! It means so much to us that you enjoyed your first stay so much that you decided to visit us again. Thank you for commenting on the exceptional service you received, great food, drinks and outstanding views!
We cannot wait to see you again! Please feel free to contact us directly for any assistance regarding your pre-arrival arrangements.

East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I visited the Crown Paradise from 4/5-4/14 with our 6, 10, and 11 year olds. Every part of the experience was great for us and them. We checked in at about 3:30 and were the only ones in line; upon reception we each received drinks and a refreshing towel. Our kids enjoyed spending hours at the Kid's Paradise which provided many planned activities throughout the day which gave my wife and I a little time to relax without them. The main pool also had a few activities throughout the day for both adults and kids. Our kids enjoyed the zip line, rock climbing wall, water slides, beach, etc. All of us enjoyed the buffets and specialty restaurants which had plenty of variety for our family. We would like to specially thank Pepe for his great service in the Palapa restaurant. The most unfortunate thing was that the chairs by the pool need to be "reserved" well in advance because many guests keep their towels on the same chairs the entire week. My wife and I usually vacation once a year at the end of winter to the Caribbean by ourselves but wanted our kids to enjoy the same type of experience; we thought that this was an amazing value for a family of 5 for the money we spent. More often than not, vacation is what you make of it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Caribbean145,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post this great review!
It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our resort, and that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable vacation.

Thank you for commenting on a great variety of activities provided, we’re glad to hear your kids enjoyed them so much which also gave you the opportunity to have some relaxing time as a couple.

We appreciate you mentioning Pepe, and will surely congratulate him for his terrific job.

Our goal is for our guests to feel that the price they paid was worth the experience they had. And knowing we succeeded and that you experienced complete satisfaction during your stay is the most rewarding compliment we can get.

We cannot wait to see you again!

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

When we arrived to resort my wife to discover many kids with body rushes and when she is asking one mother what happening with her child? the answer was really simple 'Its allergy" this diagnoses from resort medical office for all kids. Our 15 month son was sick after 3rd days of arriving to resort. He was highly fever, lesions that are painful on hands, feet and in the mouth and all over the body. We brought our son to resort medical doctor and doctor easily diagnosed with "Sun allergy" When I asking doctor its mean 5, 6 kids has allergy from resort, his answer was "Sometimes its happening" Now that we have returned home and have seen his doctor, he has been diagnosed with Hand Foot & Mouth Disease. The resort is really need to make full sanitation for pools, towels and of course for full resort. The resort doctor big layer or unprofessional. But charging $150 per visit!!!!!
Hey , resort MANAGEMENT wake up!!! Why nothing is done to prevent the spread of the virus. Go to you "professional" doctor office and ask him how many kids with same disease he saw for the last two months with fake 'allergy"!!!!!

Overall very nice and clean room and very friendly staff. The kids club is very nice.
great food, great service, great location!!!

Stayed April 2014

Hello gregory C,

First of all thank you very much for letting us know your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Although we work really hard in order to ensure a worry free vacation, our customers sometimes may experience shortcomings. We are very sorry to hear that your child got sick. We know it is very difficult to detect the real cause of how the disease is being contracted since the origin is due to different kinds of viruses that could be present in the ambiance, and babies and children under 5 years old are more likely to get it. I hope your son feels better now.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate extra measures to avoid any kind of opportunity for any possible virus to be spread such as Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.
I must add that Medical Service on property is provided by an independent physician, and I’m truly sorry you were dissatisfied with his practice.
On the other hand, I would like to inform you that Crown Paradise Club has been awarded by the company Check Safety First the Cristal Certification.
The Cristal program was specifically designed for the Tourism Industry to meet the National and International standards of hygiene and security. The monthly review program guarantees that we meet these standards of hygiene not only in Mexico but for all of the countries that our guests visit us from.

We regret if this unfortunate situation prevented you from having a relaxing stay, I understand your concerns and assure you that our guests’ health and safety are in our best interest.

Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We came to crown paradise feb, after a long flight from england and a 2 hour wait in cancun airport it was safe to say we were exhausted luckily for us we were first off the transfer coach!! When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the bellboys who took our luggage straight off us then was given a drink..check in was very easy and quick we were given our keys and headed up to our room on the 7th floor the room was ok, we wasnt that bothered as we knew we wouldnt be in it much, it was a shame we was put facing the run down hotel next door but we was distracted by the gorgeous view of the ocean!! We headed down to collage bar where staff welcomed us to the complex by giving us vodka and coke and several tequillas!! The bar staff Elfigo and luis never let your glass go empty, and had great banter..as soon as we walked in their bar our drinks were there waiting!! We ate at all the a la carte restraunts except the french..they were a few occasions where we would forget to book a table for the evening so settled for the buffet which got a little bit repetative our favourite was waynes boots... Antonio at trafalgar bar was lovely..he also made us feel very welcome, and was on first name terms..he always had a smile on his face trafalgar bar was very relaxed atmosphere.. The hotel nightclub was an experiance in its self..we had a good boogie in there a few nights but never did i see more than 3 people in there which is a shame because it was a good laugh!! The hotel itself was very clean with maid service every single day if you required it, left fresh towels daily and made the bed which we had a struggle with as it was so big!! We spent most of the time at the adult bar sipping gorgeous cocktails in the sunshine!! We will definatley go back to the crown paradise..best thing about the crown paradise is their hard working staff, always friendly and happy. We have never laughed so much.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Hides1307,

Thank you for posting your feedback and for all the compliments on the staff. It is very rewarding for the team to know that we were able to live up to your standards and provide personable service.This kind of comments highly motivate all of us working for this beautiful resort to continue our hard work and provide the best possible service and attention to our guests. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your time at the adults only pool and also had fun at Trafalgar’s and Nitro nightclub.

We greatly appreciate your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon at the Crown Paradise Club Cancun.

Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I NEVER go back to the same place for vacation but after last years experience at the Crown Paradise Club Cancun we had to go back. First off, my kids absolutely loved it and literally begged to go back. So we booked it for the second time. It was everything that it was last year and more. Firstly, the Kids Club is EXCELLENT with the BEST staff. If it wasn't for the Kids Club and the staff members I wouldn't have gone back. it was primarily for this reason I agreed to go back.
The service is excellent. You can tell that the staff really appreciates their jobs and they do it with pleasure. This from the activity directors to the waitstaff.
The nightly shows are alot of fun - both for adults and kids.
Loved it. I'm sure we'll be going back for our third year next year! My first review was way more detailed so if you want detail, take a look at it - but I'd give it a 10 out of 10 for families with small kids (mine are now 5 and 7).

Room Tip: go above the first floor so you don't hear all the noise in the lobby (the music etc...)
Hello lisa B,

Let me start off with a big thank you for sharing your holiday experience with the Tripadvisor community.

We appreciate your kind comments about the staff being the best, we take great pride in them and they really go above and beyond to please our wonderful guests. I’m so glad to hear this year’s experience was even better, and that your kids enjoyed the Kids Club to the fullest, and your whole family had fun watching our nightly shows.

Nothing can make us happier than knowing that we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you for the third time, please feel free to contact us directly to make sure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Katarina

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!