“fantastic holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #72 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“fantastic holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

just home from the crown paradise and defo had a ball. the hotel is very clean, staff are so helpful and the food is very nice, 5 restaurants and a buffet is fantastic to eat in though u have to book the day before for the restaurants. The maid we had on the 8th floor in the club side of the hotel called alecia defo needs a big thank you, she was defo the nicest, pleasant woman i have ever met.

Room Tip: club rooms with mini bar and jacuzzi bath defo worth the upgrade
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear DebbieCahoon,

How great to hear you had a wonderful time. I will pass along your kind comments to Alecia, she will be pleased to hear that she had a hand in making your stay so special.

We hope to see you again.

Best wishes

Social Media Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were in Cancun for 7 nights from May 29th - 5th Jun and we had a blast. It rained for 3 days due to Storm Andrea. But you have to give 5 thumbs up to the excellent staff. They were running around day and night to keep the guests happy. At other hotels, there was like 1-2 feet of water.

Got a nice room in Tower 1 on 6th Floor. It was right in the middle so had the best view possible. Tower 1 is where all the action is. Tower 2 is a little secluded. Clean Bathroom, Nice Double Beds (they were simply comfortable – not too soft and not too hard). Only problem was the air-conditioner. It won’t make the room cold enough and maintenance could do nothing about it. The balcony door won’t lock easily but at 6th floor we didn’t worry too much about it .

The main pool has lots of activities. Water was not cold and it was wonderfully refreshing and stayed in even to play water polo and volleyball. Bar and snacks place near the main pool. The ocean and beach are beautiful and very safe. The current is rough in the beaches though. I didn’t see a single towel till 9:00 am so didn’t had to deal with the towel game. There were actually 5 times more people in the main pool than the beach.

I can’t believe the reviews complaining about the bars. There is a bar almost every 30 feet. There are 2 near the main pool, 1 near the beach, 1 in the main lobby, 1 in the Guest area and the Adults only place –Trafalgar Square. I saw people filling their 52oz bubkas with margaritas and not even tipping. Once. Bartenders were very nice(Pavon, Alfredo, Alberto – thanks guys) and they will make any drink of your choice. Tipping will get you premium stuff too.

Kids Club was great. They have so many activities for the kids. They genuinely care about them and actually play with them instead of just hovering over them.

We had sent the email reserving the restaurants couple of days in advance. However that didn’t go thru. First night, the lobby people helped us in getting a reservation with Fisherman’s. Next day when I explained the problem to Nancy at concierge desk, she made the reservations for next 6 nights for us. We tried all the restaurants. Sans Souci, Fisherman’s, Wayne’s Boots, Los Gallos, La Piazza. We loved the Fisherman’s and went there twice. Check other Hotels websites. Crown Paradise probably has the most specialty restaurants on the strip. Except Fujiyama (Japanese cuisine), all were great. At Fujiyama, the Sushi was very ordinary and the chef/Server didn’t understand any English. Most of the food there was always cold.

Room service: available 24 hours a day, they served pretty much the same snacks as the pool bar plus sandwiches and desserts. Cans of pop were also available as were bottles of water. Note that bottles of water were only available on room service which was a little bit of a nuisance but could order as much as you wanted. Every time we ordered cold bottles, they will bring regular bottles and then had to run for a change. The Room Service Operator could be a little more polite though.

Cons :
1. No refrigerator in the rooms
2. Lack/charges for Internet. It’s just annoying to pay $20 per day. This should be a standard feature or at least have a computer room.
3. Poor Air conditioning

We had an awesome time inspite of the rains and can’t wait to visit Cancun and Crown Paradise again !!!

Room Tip: Choose tower 1 - take floor 4-7. Rooms 30-50 have the best view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear jammike,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for posting such a wonderful review!! I am so happy that you enjoyed so many of the things we are so proud to offer. If you had an amazing time during not so great weather, just imagine when you return and it´s beautifully sunny outside 

We hope to see you again real soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you think I can be of assistance.

Sincerely

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly. Good location, good prices, would be nice to have more restaurants without having to make a reservation 24 hrs ahead. The bar tenders are really busy, would be nice to have more people serving drinks.

• Stayed June 2013
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear summerjunejuly,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting on Tripadvisor and for given us feedback on your stay. Thank you for the suggestion as we appreciate hearing what our guests enjoy and what we could possibly change in the future.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Safford, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Where do I start? Our experience was awful with this hotel from the service to the accommodations we were not impressed. I went there with my 4 children ages 13, 11, 3 and 1 for seven nights on June 7-14th. We were so excited upon arrival until...we saw the "family suite" bunk bed downstairs , steep stairs up to a dated loft with huge railing gaps (perfect for a small child to fall through). We spent most of the time when we were in our room corralling my younger two afraid of falls.
After dropping off our luggage we headed out to the beach area. While, walking through the lobby we were bombarded by some hotel workers asking if we would go to their "90 minute" presentation of the resorts membership benefits. I was not interested so we just said maybe later. This opened the flood gates..we were accosted and asked to go on the presentation constantly. Finally, after day two of our vacation I agreed BIG mistake. This 90 minutes turned out to be 3 hours in a room with 5 scary looking men offering a package of 21k to become a member. CRAZY! We turned down all offers and finally negotiated a packge of 7 nights and a premium room that fit 6. My husband went to sign the papers and they had set us up in a studio! We turned down the offer and hoped the nightmare was over. Well unfortunately, we saw these men I called "sharks" downstairs often and couldn't help but feel intimidated.
The restaurants were another problem, they had to be booked 24 hours in advance. With children this is impossible who knows when we will be ready to eat it is always play it by ear. Needless to say, we never ate at a restaurant. When I did call the line was busy...
Bars...2 bars for the entire resort :( when we were at the pool for a drink the line could be 8 minutes or longer. The poor bartenders tried their best. The inside bar had 6 approx seats that were filled at all times..No one came to get you a drink you were on your own in the lobby.
Kids care-This was very important to me one of the main reasons I booked this resort. The first day I took the little ones the young lady that worked there had several babies in the baby area. She wasn't interactive with the little ones at all. I left them at the babycare and was called 15 minutes later during my hellacious time at the presentation to pick up my baby because she was crying.
Kids Care was not any better I took the two younger two children to enjoy the pool and waterslide area. Four and five year olds were dropped off with one lifeguard to supervise a large area.
I would never go back to this resort! I was so disappointed. Even my older children wanted to go home on day 3 of 7. Please listen to the reviews and think twice before you book. Vacations are supposed to be enjoyable with memories to last. There was nothing that I enjoyed besides getting on the plane to go home.

Dear tiffybaby24,

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to apologize that you felt your needs were not met while staying with us as our goal is to provide each and every guest an amazing vacation. I would like to comment on a few of the issues you mentioned while with us. In regards to the Kids club and the Baby club. Crown Paradise has an impeccable reputation for the quality of service we provide parents who are staying with us. Our staff is highly trained in all aspects of child care. We are truly fortunate to have a creative, energetic and fun team with us. We do inform parents when leaving their children with us that is the child is not dealing with the separation from the parent well, that we will call them because this is best for the child. If you look at prior Tripadvisor comments, you will see that one of the biggest reasons guests return again and again is because of our excellent Kids and Baby clubs. Children do not want to leave at the end of the day and want to spend all day there. I am sorry your children had a different experience.

I apologize if you thought that our Vacation Club representatives were ¨scary¨ as they look similar to all other Crown Paradise employees who work in the hotel and are often confused with the rest of the staff. Again I apologize if you did not enjoy your presentation but I would like to make sure that there is no misunderstanding that attending a presentation is up to the guest and are not forced upon anyone. Our representatives are here to provide information of the benefits of being a Vacation Club member and I apologize if you felt they were too persistent for you as this is not their goal.

I was also a bit confused when you mentioned that you have children and it is not possible to make a restaurant reservation, therefore I cannot comment on that.

Again I would like to apologize that you and your family were unable to enjoy your holiday but I do thank you for taking the time in posting and I would like to wish you good travels in the future, wherever it may be

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just returned from 12 days which included 5 days of rain. We travelled with 13 family which included 4 children. Food was excellent for buffet food and international stations added to the selection daily. Always able to satisfy everyone. Visited all but the French restaurant and excellent food also. Drawback was getting reservations via the morning calling system and then mistakes occurred where you thought you were going to Fishermans but the operator actually booked Waynes Boot. Pools were good and service for the most part was great. Angel was awesome at the buffet. Monica and Betty at the bar were very attentive. Also a little tipping gets you recognized quicker everywhere. The staff worked overtime during the 20plus inches of rain in the 4 solid days of rain...everyone made the most of it and drinks were flowing freely. Many areas flooded but was quickly attended to by the staff. The rooms are standard and check in staff really PUSH the upgrade. No fridges unless you upgrade. Only way to get cans of soda or bottles of water is to order room service. No charge but a hassle. Some days our rooms were not cleaned until after 5pm even though our maid service card was out by 9am. At the grill poolside not much of a selection and only wings 1 day which were excellent and would have had more often. Overall a great time and good value. It is a little far from shopping but buses run every few minutes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear luv2travelmexico1956,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. Although the weather is out of control, we can still provide an amazing holiday with our indoor activities and services, as you saw for youself. Our talented and creative entertainment team give their all to ensure guests still have an amazing time while the sun isn´t shinning. Not to mention our games rooms, clubs, bars, relaxing spas, nightly theater shows, amazing restaurants, etc….

We do hope since you all had a great time, this means you will return in the future?? Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

Sincerely

San Mateo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

as costco members for over 35 yrs. we trust costco for best quality... At this time we were quite disappointed at costco for offering this resort as a vacation choice...we trusted coscto to have only tested products before they are offered...well Crown Paradise Club in Canacun was nothing of such..this was our first time in Cancun...upon our arrival we were not given any briefing on things to do...upon entering our room, musty odor was horrible, we noticed our smoke detector was broken, was reported to management, took over 24 hrs to get it replaced, the curtains were filthy with noticeable black marks, we took pictures, was reported...took 3 days to replace with clean ones...the bath tub was rusted heavily, and noticeable patchwork around it was an eyesore..we took pictures ...there was peeling paint on the ceiling in our room, the bathroom door looked like it got heavily chewed on by a dog...i have pictures of all of this... our patio door was missing the handle from the outside when on balcony, was difficult to pull open to get back inside...all in all the whole place looked like it needs major facelift...many of the walls in the hallways were filthy and or peeling paint... not to mention due to the design of this building looking like a pyramid..interior lobby which was used for music entertainment in the evening echoed into all the bedrooms up above all night long...poor design of building...very noisy place !! ....shame on Costco for even considering this place to members for vacation....very disappointed, !! (will not return to this place)

Room Tip: this place needs major facelift, and management does not act quick when relaying issues...even tho o...
Dear Ann G,

I apologize on behalf of Crown Paradise that you did not enjoy your stay with us as our numerous guests referred to us by Costco have. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest enjoys their time with us and it appears that our goal was not attained in your case. Although we cannot do anything about the building structure, did you mention your dissatisfaction with your accomodations to front desk/concierge to give us the opportunity to improve the situation? We gladly would have worked with you to try find a solution for you to have a wonderful vacation.

Again I thank you for taking the time in writing. Please do not hesitate to contact me via p/m if you would like to discuss this any further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We returned yesterday from here and I'm already missing the place!!! I read the reviews before I left and some filled me with dread, who wants to spend all that money to stay somewhere rubbish?? I never write reviews but felt i had to for this place as we had such a good time!! I stayed with my partner and two boys (6 & 11). Well when I got there I was pleasantly surprised, the hotel is spotless, theres someone always cleaning, we found that there's always something you can eat at the buffet, the staff work so hard, and some people are just plain rude, probably they are the ones who have the bad experiences? (due to their own lack of manners, some people moan at anything) we had no problems with making reservations at the al la carte restauraunts, the lines are open from 8-4 but I think everyone thinks you have to ring at 8 on the dot? There was also no problem getting sun beds at either the pools or the beach. The steaks in Wayne's boots were lovely, way more tender than the steaks we get in England, that was our favourite restaurant, we have to say a big thank you to Sergio who works there, he was our waiter, my son lost his iPod in the restaurant and Sergio had found it for him, I doubt we'd of got it back over here!! We ate at the Italian and the seafood restaurant both were nice.

We stayed in block 1 on the first floor, we had no noise problems, our rooms were kept spotless by Antonio and fresh towels and bedding were always available, the tv in the room can be changed to English if needed, the kids club was great, my son made new friends in there and didn't want to come out!! We also couldnt get them out of the pool, we found the shell pool to be less rowdy, the infinity pool is where all the fun and games were held!! throughout the day theres always food available (which is always a bonus).

Overall we had a brilliant holiday and would definitely return, the added bonus is the bus that runs outside 9 pesos each and your off, so those wanting the cancun nightlife (which is amazing, I went the year before without kids) you can hop on for a short ride
into the clubbing area. As we had kids with us we werent bothered about the lack of night time entertainment after the shows, as others have pointed out or getting drunk (although i did notice a few merry people so the drinks couldnt be that watered down) ive also saw some reviews moaning about children, as it is a 'family resort' i'd take that as a hint that kids would be there, there are designated adult areas though!!

The only negatives we had was there was no parasols around pools, it's mega hot here so a break from the sun is needed, there was also no fridge in the room, although we just filled the ice bucket up and put drinks in there that you order from room service (make sure you order in bulk). We are all sad to be back home in the rain, thank you Crown Paradise for a lovely holiday, I would return tomorrow!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Flowerbomb1

On behalf of Crown Paradise I would like to thank you for taking the time in posting. It sounds like you all had an amazing time!! How wonderful!! Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of the hotel, the honesty of our staff and the quality of our food. We are glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay as this is our goal…please do come back soon.

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!