“Crown Paradise Los Gallos Resaturant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #72 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Whittier, ca
“Crown Paradise Los Gallos Resaturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Los Gallos Restaurant has the best food and service! The Only thing you have to do is make reservations 24hrs in advance. My husband and I ate there 2x during our stay Because the food is soooo delicious, but what made it even better was the the greeting from Captain Enrique so friendly and professional. Our server Ismael and Melchor were so detailed, attentive, and provided service with a smile throughout our dinner which made the dining experience FANTASTIC. The Mariachi Don Javier & sons add to the ambiance with his classic voice and their music singing almost any song upon request. All of the staff at the restaurant go above and beyond to make this dining experience unforgettable.

Room Tip: If staying at Crown Paradise make sure to make reservations at Los Gallos Restaurant best food and s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear 454BeatrizL,

How wonderful to hear you got to enjoy the Mexican experience at Los Gallos to the fullest!! Thank you for taking the time in commenting here on Tripadvisor.

We hope to see you again soon

Social Media Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Try to get a club room if you didn't book one. The regular rooms are small
with very little cupboard space for clothes etc.
Food is buffet style and is good they change the lunch and supper
to various country cuisines. The ala carte restaurants are good
for Cancun. The main pool is busy , there is a separate kids pool.
The third pool and swim up bar is on the lagoon side on the 2nd floor.
There they have covered lounge chairs which are great on really hot days.
Ocean can be dangerous with rip tides and not good for young kids
to swim in, the undertow can be very strong.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Malcolm N,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. We hope to see you again real soon!!

Best wishes
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Because of all the negative reviews on this resort, I felt compelled to write a review myself...
My husband and I have been to this hotel 7 times. This coming July will be our 8th visit. Since we first started traveling to this resort, we have had nothing but great experiences. My brother in law and his wife accompanied us last June for the first time and they had nothing but good things to say. Someone who claims that they could not find any editable food in this resort has to be out of their minds! The food is great anywhere you go. The buffet has so many options including areas dedicated to Asian, Mexican, foods. Fresh hot sandwiches, pizza, freshly cuts of meat at dinner. Fujiyama is great as well as the snack bar. (I have to say that I was dissapointed that they no longer had the chicken wings on a daily basis-PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!!). Rooms are beautiful and clean. Wonderful views of the pool and ocean. We always email the hotel 1 week before leaving and always get what we want. Room on one of the top floors and advanced dinner reservation (they will only do 1 for you in advance). The staff definitely make your vacations. We have made so many friends throughout the years, and we always look forward to seeing them again. A big shout out to Miguel, Gabriel, Monica, Karina, Angel, Carlos, Darwin, Ethel and so many more. Also to Julie in the Concierge! Your guys are the best! See you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear CuriousNYer,

How absolutely wonderful to hear that you love Crown Paradise so much that you return year after year and that last year you enjoyed your stay with family!! I have forwarded your comments in regards to the food to our Food/Bev. mgr as comments like yours is how we can keep improving.

See you very soon

Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We are so satisfied with all the staff at Crown Paradise!
Very clean and friendly staff also this hotel is ideal for family with kids.
The staff at the kids club are very responsible in taking care of the kids.
I also went to the spa and i loved.
The food in their restaurants is great also the buffet is delicious the room service great.
The bars are great too very good service I really recommend on drink "Crown Paradise" is the house drink its delicious. Also their champagne is great too.
Coming back next year, we already bought our package, can't wait.

Room Tip: we had a room with ocean view and balcony great. Our room was right in front of the adult pool and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Yesenia C,

We are delighted to have had you visit us here at Crown Paradise Cancun and that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to our staff and facilities.

We look forward to the priviledge of welcoming you again in the near future

Best wishes,
Louisville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am on day 4 of my 7 day vacation and wish I was on day 7. I am here with my husband and 3 children (ages 17, 15 & 10). We booked a Family Suite that they say sleeps 7 ... but have no idea where they think the 7th person would sleep. Perhaps the tub? The suite is essentially a bi-level townhouse. Downstairs is a full bath, set of bunk beds and a double bed. Upstairs is a king size bed and a full bath. By my count ... that sleeps 6 people tight. We were initially given suite 1015 which was 2 doors down from a pub and 15 feet across the hall from the adult/teen night club. That was going to be a late night nightmare with noise and drunk people so we asked to be moved. They accommodated us finally ... but with a lot of threatening on our part. Our room was adequate. That's the only nice thing I can say. For one of the most expensive rooms in the entire hotel ... I was expecting more. What I got was a worn out, filthy room with threadbare sheets and holey blanket. Filthy, gross hard as a rock mattress. A tiny empty dorm refrigerator that stunk to high heaven and only kept drinks a few degrees above room temperature. Chipped tile, dirty tub, rusted faucets, chipped old furniture. AND that was probably the best thing about this hotel.

The drinks are absolutely abysmal. They actually have name brand bottles of alcohol but completely ruin it by having the cheapest grossest mixers. I had a margarita and it tasted like it was mixed with Lime Hi-C. I had a cranberry and vodka that tasted like it was mixed with really bad cheap grape juice. I tried a pineapple and rum that tasted like somebody poured Nyquil in it. The beer tap said Corona and it WAS NOT Corona. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri that tasted like one of those really gross diet smoothies ... like it had saccharine in it. So ... I quit drinking on day 2. The wine ... oh dear Lord ... I forgot about the wine. I have had low grade box wine in my college days that was far superior to their dinner wines. Just so so so bad.
Didn't get my moneys worth with cocktails AT ALL.

The food ... wow. Where do I start. How about breakfast because that was the most edible. That's all I can say about that.

Lunch at the pool was the same every day with a t buffet line of people standing in the sun ... wrinkled, gross hotdogs, disgusting soy burgers with stale buns, nacho chips that were actually good but then ruined by velveeta nacho cheese sauce that tasted like that mixed it with water. Just terrible. Japanese sushi lunch buffet looked like they took everything from dinner buffet the night before and sauteed it in a wok. The sushi is perhaps grocery store level sushi. Dinner buffet is ok. Not great ... just ok. The seating is the worst problem. There simply are not enough tables for the amount of people at this hotel. And clearly not enough waiters to keep up with everyone. Very frustrated people everywhere. Not a way that we want to spend our vacation.

The first night we were here we ate at the dinner buffet. We then woke up on day 2 and began calling the Dinner Reservation hotline at 8am when they opened. Busy line for 20 minutes straight. Finally got thru and they told me that I could choose between 5:30 or 9:10. WTH???? You're telling me that within 20 minutes every decent time at every restaurant is filled???? So we choose 5:30 at the Fisherman's Seafood restaurant. Got there on time and the entire restaurant until we left at 6:45 was half filled. Ridiculous ... just ridiculous!! Food was edible. That's it.

Suffice it to say that I have repeated this HORRIBLE dinner reservation process every morning and the best reservation I could get at ANY restaurant (wasn't going to be picky) was 8:10pm. Obviously ... there is some kind of scam going on here. They just want everybody to pile in to the buffet so that they can save money or something. Not getting my money's worth with food.

Pools ... OMG ... what a cluster. Husband got up at 6:00am after being told that he must do this in order to get a seat at the pool. My daughter has moderately fair skin and we really needed someplace with at least some shade. There is not one single, solitary umbrella in any pool area. There is a slated roof area with chaise lounge chairs but it still allows sun thru. He could only find seats in the direct sun. (Day 4 .. we are sitting in the room today because the 10 yr old has sun poisoning after having 50 waterproof spf on) If there was an umbrella or shaded area .... we could at least sit in the shade an enjoy the outdoors. Nope. We then tried to go to the beach the next day and get one of the very few beach tents (maybe a dozen of them) Husband woke up at 5:00 am ... walked out to the beach and EVERY BEACH TENT ALREADY HAD TOWELS ON THEM!!! This morning ... 17 yr old son set his alarm for 4:00 am .... went out to the beach to reserve beach tents and EVERY BEACH TENT ALREADY HAD TOWELS ON THEM!!! WTH?????? Maybe I should just have one of my kids spend the night on the beach tent chaise lounge to reserve it!!!

The staff is so overwhelmed with the amount of people at this hotel that they are walking around like they have post traumatic stress. Very snippy, short tempered, sick of us.

So let's recap ... I didn't get my moneys worth with the room, didn't get my moneys worth with the drinks, didn't get my moneys worth with the food, didn't get my moneys worth by getting to lay out in a chair at the pool or beach ... so .... remind me again what I'm paying for????

If we could leave today .... we would. We will never come back to this hotel and would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone.

The only reason we chose this hotel to begin with is that we came with another family and it was their year to choose. They are having the same experience as us and have apologized over and over for their choice. Obviously ... it's not their fault .... it's the hotel's fault. Poor service, bad food, bad drinks, chaotic pool, unavailable restaurants, no shade anywhere ... ughhhhh. Never never never again. Some miracle needs to happen to save this vacation.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel all together.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tyra,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Crown Paradise Cancun. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.

I am sorry to hear that you feel your stay with us is less than excellent. We try to provide a wonderul and relaxing environment to all our guests to make their stay special. I have forwarded your post to management for their evaluation. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us.

If you think I can help in any way, please contact me directly via p/m jjamieson@crownparadise.com

Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Beautiful resort and the best kids club! Entertainment and kids club staff made this vacation fantastic. We came in a group of 8 adults and 7 kids from 2 years old to 9 years old and we all had a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear bekrizizke,

Thank you for sharing on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear we were able to provide you all with a wonderful vacation!! We hope to see you again soon :)

Best wishes,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Went with another couple all of us are in our early 30's....Ill start with the good...Our room was an upgraded adult room. Ocean front. The other couple we went with didn't do the adult upgrade. Bad idea! Their room was pretty worn down with an awful view of the mini golf...So do the upgrade!!!! Our room was surprisingly very nice, older but updated bathroom...but you could tell it needed some work, it was constantly humid in the room...it kind of felt like we were sleeping in damp sheets... BUT the view rivals some of the most beautiful views I've seen from a hotel. I've been everywhere from Maui to Europe & this view was beautiful. The beach was clean & as long as we woke up early enough (around 7-8am) to put some towels out, we would have a spot. Which is common at most hotels on the beach....The employees at the bars were beyond amazing. Those guys were simply amazing. They knew us by names, knew what we were drinking and were happy to serve us. Yes we tipped them often but they truly deserved it & hey if you can remember my name after having a few days off & seeing me again, u deserve a tip. Wayne's boots was ok. We went with another couple, everyone tried all the steaks there, the only decent one was the skirt steak, it was very good...and that's the positive. The negative? Where do I start? The buffet was honestly disgusting, it was clean but the food was so gross. Breakfast, lunch & dinner the buffett was not consumable. There are children every where. I knew going here it was family friendly but this was over board. At the pool they only catered to the children, there was a guy that worked there on the microphone round the clock when the sun was out playing games with the kids. It got old, quick! There should be some adult activities like maybe just some music...not some guy on the mic constantly. So annoying! So we stayed on the beach & avoided the pool. The adult pool? Out dated, the bar closed @5pm and the pool was in terrible shape. We went to that pool for about 6 minutes and left. The only redeeming thing this hotel has is their staff and the ocean. That's it. We went out to dinner most nights because getting a reservation was a pain. We did eat at the pool side bar but to be honest that good wasn't the best but compared to the buffet it would do. For the price I excepted a 3.5 star and that I suppose is what I got. Except for the food I don't think they should ever serve food that simply is not edible.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Leilynn123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at as it is only through our guests´s feedback that we can monitor and improve our services and facilities. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. We are very proud to have so many wonderful people on our team.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!