“Like a rusty car....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Cancun
Ottawa
“Like a rusty car....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We recently returned from a week at the Crown Paradise (March 13-20). My wife and I travelled with our 2 year old son. We booked this trip as part of a group of 15, and despite some negative reviews we had read, we felt that the time away with family was more important than going to a hotel that we likely wouldn’t have chosen on our own.

We had a phenomenal trip as a family, and enjoyed each other’s company, but the hotel itself had very little to do with that. While we were there, I compared the Crown Paradise to an old, rusty car. Clean and polish all you want....it'll still be a shiny piece of rust.

We stayed on the first floor of Tower 1.

Pre-arrival:

Like many others, we had back and forth emails with the Concierge about reservations, but we also tried to get an upgrade to a Crown Family Room. We ended up securing a Standard Plus.

I also contacted the supposed Guest Relations Manager/Social Media Coordinator about what seems to be a bit of a contentious issue with this hotel, and that is the fact that ¼ of their rooms overlook an abandoned hotel. I wanted to ensure that we were not placed in one of these rooms. While our previous communications with this individual were prompt and attended to, this issue went unanswered despite multiple follow-ups on my behalf.

Check-in/Check-out:

We were checked in by Javier. This was probably the only negative face to face interaction that we had with a staff member. He just didn’t seem have any initiative, or care that we were there. We asked if there were any of the Crown Family rooms available (our original request) to which he said no (without checking anything). For the rest of the check-in, it seemed like we were hindering him from doing something more important. We had another member of our group check-in 10 minutes later, and low and behold, they got switched to the Crown Family Room after having another agent. Given that this is the first impression of the hotel, it wasn’t starting well. It is with that in mind that I grade the check-in process so poorly

Checking-out was much smoother than the check-in. Our departure from the hotel was early, so we did an early check-out the night before. We still had to return in the morning to drop off our room key and bracelets, so the early check-out was kind of counterproductive.

Food:

One general comment about one particular Mexican specialty. The con queso that they make at this resort is the worst thing I have ever tasted. I would rather have the bottled stuff at home.

All in all, we ate at 6 separate spots while at the Crown Paradise.

They were as follows:

Room Service: We didn’t get food from room service, but did occasionally order beer and milk in the late afternoon. It is slow. Don’t expect anything in less than 45 minutes.

La Palapa: This is the buffet. We mostly ate breakfast here. They had several egg stations that would prepare eggs any way you want…including great omelettes. They have a good selection that should satisfy most pallets. One small thing. Do expect last night’s stir-fry to end up in this morning’s potatoes. Overall it’s good.

Tutuch: This is the poolside grill that offers your standard burgers, and fries. It’s ok if you’re just looking for a quick lunch and get back to your daily activities. They do have great fresh salsa for anyone who likes it spicy. They also seem to have a daily special. One day it ended up being simple chicken skewers that my son devoured. Overall, it can use some improvement, but it serves its purpose. Keep in mind that the meat they use may not live up to the standards that you may be accustomed to. Don’t be surprised to find gristle in the burgers.

Fujiyama Restaurant: This is the pool side Japanese fast food restaurant that offered anything from Sushi to Spring rolls. It was surprisingly good, and a great alternative to Tutuch.

Wayne’s Boots: This is the country western restaurant aptly named after John Wayne. The food was disappointing. The cuts of meat are not what we are generally accustomed to by North American or European standards. Having it under cooked didn’t help the cause. The dessert was good though, and the atmosphere was fun (but what else can you expect from a spot with a riding bull)

Los Gallos: I am saving the best for last. We actually had 3 dinners here with just the 3 of us, with another family in our group, and as the whole group, and the food, nor was the experience any different and nothing short of spectacular. They always start you off with chips and 3 different types of salsas. The shrimp appy was fantastic, and very generous on the shrimp. The tortilla soup was also fantastic, and I ate it on all 3 visits (caution…it does have pork rinds). The taco’s and the fajitas are also very good, and given my qualms with their cuts of beef, the skirt steak was cooked to perfection. They a mariachi band in every night.

Restaurant Reservations:

This normally isn’t something that I would include in a review, but I had to mention it here because it is simply that bad. As other reviews mention, it is difficult to get through to make reservations, but that is not the worst part. It seems that if you don’t time it right, you will be told the restaurant is full. The terrible part is that this is simply not true. Even though we travelled as part of a larger group, we did not always dine together. There were occasions where other members of our group tried to make reservations at the same time as us, but were told the restaurant was full, yet we were usually one of only a few tables in an otherwise empty restaurant. There was also a lot of staff without table to wait on. Additionally, one of the biggest complaints about this resort on Tripadvisor is on this very subject, yet with all the responses the resort has on reviews; this subject has yet to be fixed. I can only assume that the reason for this is that they’re trying to push guests to the buffet where it is cheaper to produce the food. I have no other logical explanation.

Staff:

There is a general friendliness from most of the staff. They are pleasant, and want to make your stay a good one. Like all resorts of this nature, you are going to find the good, the bad, and the just plain awful. Fortunately for the Crown Paradise, their staff is one of their assets.

The only negative interactions we had were with Javier at check-in, and Guest Relations pre-arrival.

There are a few all-stars that I would like to point out though:

Victor: Waiter in La Palapa. Does he ever hustle, and he does it all smiling and loving what he’s doing.

The entire Entertainment Team: They were a lot of fun, and got us off our butts at the right time. They could tone down the “Who’s from” where shtick a little, but they were still great.

Ricardo and Ismael: Waiters in Los Gallos: They were so attentive, and took care of us. Ismael makes balloon animals for the kids.

At the end of a week long, relaxing vacation, if you can remember someone’s name, they probably did something pretty special.

The Grounds:

Staff work tirelessly to keep the outside of this resort looking as good as they can given the physical condition of the resort. It is simply starting to look its age. Parging is starting to crack, or is completely absent, and the repair was to simply paint over it. Tiles are cracked or replaced with mismatching tiles, or grout colours are different, and generally things are outdated. I am sure that a lot of what is there was cool in 1990. Not anymore. All of these things may seem small, but when you add them all together, they look bad.

There are plenty of beach and pool chairs available, and lots of shade for anyone wishing to have moments hiding from the sun.

The pools are cold, and at times not bearable.

The Rooms:

Much like the exterior, this building is showing its age from years of not having proper repair. Rooms are sparsely decorated, and what little it is decorated with, isn’t that great. The beds are hard, but that didn’t bother us (it may some though), and linens were not changed while we were there. Kids have sticky fingers so it was easy to notice if linens were changed. The bathrooms in the rooms were the worst part. Not much better than a public bathroom….so much so in fact that we did not want to bathe our son in the tub.

The room (at least in tower 1), had barely any electrical outlets. The mini-bar fridge had been painted brown, and was really loud when a cooling cycle would start and end. Our view of the abandoned hotel wasn’t too inviting, and it is roughly ¼ of rooms that have this view. On one night a partygoer thought that our room was his (think he was busy that night as it’s also mentioned in another review). While this was comical, the vomit he left behind on the floor was not. I understand that hotel can do little to control this type of behaviour, but they could have cleaned up his mess before noon that same day (I told them of the issue at 6:00AM)

Room tip: Bring an air freshener, or plug-in, and dryer sheets for the drawers. Will fight of the musty smell.

Internet:

We caved and got the internet mid-week in order to catch up on things at home. The desk agent told me that reception in the room would be weak…ummmm…try non-existent. Considering what they charge for a day’s worth, it is not worth it.

The Beach:

This beach seems to have taken a beating with the storms that they have experienced in the area in the last few years. You will find much nicer beaches on most Caribbean islands than here.

We were very hesitant in going to Mexico after being spoiled with the beauty of the Caribbean. We did have a great time as a family at this resort, but barring a major renovation, we will seek out a different locale for any return trips to Mexico.

Room Tip: - To avoid a terrible view, request a room in Tower 2, or the portion of Tower 1 that overlooks the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Bubbaluu,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time in mentioning the good and the parts where you think we could improve as this gives us an opportunity to see from a guests point of view where we could improve.

If in the future you would reconsider retuning, please do not hesitate to contact me via p/m.

Social Media Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
Roseville, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I read just about every review since I booked in June of 2012 and we just returned March 23rd 2013. I have to say I was completely scared by the negative reviews that I read especially the ones leading up to the days before we departed. Here are my honest opinions based upon what we paid for the resort. Keep in mind you are not paying for the Ritz Carlton which is just down the street.
Cons..... Yes there is only 1 set of elevators per tower, big deal. You may have to wait 3 minutes to get to your floor. Didn't ruin my vacation. We did not get the rooms we originally requested the 1st night, but the front desk was more than willing to accommodate and told us we would have better rooms the next night which were AWESOME!!!! The nightly entertainment was entertaining, but not great. Although the Michael Jackson show was really good.
Pros...... Staff worked hard and was 100% courteous and friendly. We never encountered a long wait at the bars, buffet, or any other public area in which we read so many negative reviews about. The food at all the restaurants/buffet was of good quality in our opinion. Again, keep in mind you are not paying Ritz Carlton prices therefore you shouldn't expect Ritz Carlton food. But we wouldn't have a problem eating at any of the ala carte restaurants again as we liked everything we had including Wayne's Boots in which we read so many bad review about. We have children ages 9, 11, 13, and 16 in which they all truly enjoyed themselves and are wanting to return as soon as possible. The rooms are not the greatest, but really you are there just to sleep, shower, and change. The view however is totally incredible from the 6th floor in which we got after the 1st night. Drinks..... I have read so many reviews in which people said the drinks are very weak. Let me just put it this way.... I did not make it to dinner one night because I passed out from their weak drinks. The bars do use small 6oz cups but reading reviews we did bring our own 32oz cups with no problem at all filling them up with whatever we wanted. Yes the beach had "Red-Flags" everyday, but directly in front of the resort on the beach is a yellow flag in which it is completely safe to swim and play with the waves. Lifeguards will whistle at people who are trying to swim in the "Red-Flag" area to alert them to move over to the yellow flag area.
Side notes..... There is a kids "mocktail" menu at the pool bar which is semi hidden. We didn't notice it until the last day, but once we did the kids order several drinks off of the menu and were extremely delighted. Also, you can save money on excursions by booking with the people on the beach. We found a very nice guy named Gino who gave us a fantastic deal on the Jungle Tour (MUST DO) which you drive speed boats out to the barrier reef, snorkel, and then drive the speed boats back (AWESOME!). Sorry for the long review, however I felt I must give my HONEST opinion about this resort. Would we return??? With the kids ABSOLUTELY! Just the wife and I, probably not as this is a Family Resort. Thank you Crown Paradise for a Wonderful Vacation!

And finally, tips these folks. Not only do they work really hard to make YOUR vacation a great one, but they do remember you next time you fill up your 32oz mug or clear away your plate. Your vacation is what you make of it, not someone else.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Karin M,

What a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves. Please come back real soon :)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went to Cancun and needed an all-inclusive for a family of five. The money we spent here is probably LESS THEN the money we would have spent on a trip to the Jersey Shore driving since we live in Philadelphia. Our trip included airfare and food and so on. We weren't looking for perfection...we were looking for fun and affordability.
This review has a major great thing that happened and a pretty strong bad point that happened so read on...
This hotel met our needs very well.
The food was plentiful and my kids are picky eaters but the menu was loaded with options for them.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was unlimited and satisfactory. The beach was beautiful. The four outdoor pools were perfect...especially the infinity pool that looks like it joins into the ocean along the pools horizon.
The great thing that happened is that when we were there, the large tortoises were coming onto the beach and laying eggs. There were workers on the beach that would help the process and we witnessed the whole thing live.
A few nights later, some earlier protected eggs had hatched and the babies were ready to be let go into the ocean.
My kids got to hold the small sea turtles and walk them to the shore to start their long journeys. Very exciting and memorable.
The biggest negative issue regarding our trip (and if there was a 3.5 rating, I would have used it due to this problem) was that the room they originally issued to us wasn't what we thought we were getting and it was very difficult to get the situation remedied.
Here's what happened:
We were pretty tired when we got there the first day. We had an "Ocean View" room that actually was on the first floor and faced the restaurant and trees-we couldn't see the Ocean.
We requested another room with a better view and we were told we had to upgrade. We fought the upgrade but lost. Apple Vacations who booked our trip did put in some effort but failed to be able to help us.
When we went into the upgrade room, the air conditioner didn't work. I went to the desk several times asking for some satisfaction. It was futile. They brought in a fan to blow around the 98 degree room. My kids were soaking with sweat and I was frustrated to the point where I was threatening to leave and find a different hotel (out of country with no notice-knew I was kind of stuck where I was) but they eventually found us a better room for the remainder of our stay.
It was a big downer and, at the time it was going on, would have definitely have given this hotel a 1 or 2 star.
Things did get better.
They offer free evening performances which were fair but the kids loved them anyway.
My kids never ate better.
We booked all the various restaurants when we arrived to be sure to get a variety of meals. For the most part the menus were fairly similar but it did create some variety to our days.
I rate it a 4 star because I know that we really did get what we paid for - the price was right.
Would I go again?
Probably but may look at the alternatives first.

Room Tip: call in advance to book your restaurants ...there are a couple that get hard to get reservations in...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Filly Frank,

Thank you so much for posting. How wonderful that you and your family got to enjoy the turtle nesting!! It is a wonderful experience isn`t it? We apologize that you had issues with the room but enjoyed our amenities. We do hope to see you and your family again in the near future :)

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This would have been a 5 star resort 20 years ago. Unfortunately, many of the rooms are not only oudated; but in poor condition, as other reviewers have noted in detail. The elevators in the resort were also broken on a few occasions. I was told at the desk that the wi-fi service was not good...and that it would cost $80+ for the week. However, I decided to give it a try from my room; found out I could pay by credit card, which saved about $20 AND at least this week, the connection has been decent.

On the bright side, the common areas are nicely decorated, there are several restaurants (may have a hard time getting a reservation) with decent (not gormet) food. It IS a paradise for kids; especially those under 12 years old...water slides, kid's club, etc. The service at the pool area is almost non-existent...you need to go to the hut to get a drink. The main pool is very noisy...but there are SEVERAL quieter pools; so I don't think one should complain about that. The beach is beautiful, and there are lot of lounge chairs available....one last note; it is not really handicapped accessible; the ramps are too steep, and some of the restaurants have no easy access without stairs.

The workers in general, were friendly to me, so no complaints there, either. I came to this resort because my son and his family were coming. It was good enough, that if they returned, I would too, as long as I was guaranteed a decent room. If I were traveling alone, I would choose a different resort.

Room Tip: I would insist on seeing the room they were going to put me in before putting my luggage in it...Roo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear zilphap,

We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed yourselves while you were here visitng beautiful Cancun!!! Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future if you wish to return ;)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Crown Paradise Club is a great resort, but like most resorts there are also cons, here are the pros and cons
Pros
•View, of Pool and Ocean
•A-La Cart Restaurants
•Kids Paradise and Actives
•Many Bars Throughout Resort
•Room Service
•Amazing beach
•Entertainment
•Television (Many Well-Known Channels)
•Friendly Staff
•Japanese lunch Buffet
Cons
•Terrible Elevators
•Requests Before Check in are not takin seriously
•Buffet Not greatest
•Rooms Lack mini Fridge
•Little to much Loud Verbal Activites at pool
•Most rooms have no sofa
But Overall Crown Paradise is a great Resort, The Vacation would have been perfect if it weren't for sunwing, a terrible airline, Imagine a 6 hour delay going and a 9 hour delay leaving, it was Terrible, sunwing really made the vacation experience less fun.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Skyblue 101,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing with us here on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again in the near future

Sincerely
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Crown Paradise-gorgeous setting-beautiful and CLEAN, white, sandy beach--NO SEAWEED ! Crown Paradise resort was awesome--I was a little skeptical prior to our arrival due to some not flattering reviews, but I know now, some people just will not be happy with anything--moderately priced, I would say the hotel is very worth the money--Large Grand entrance which is beautiful! Rooms were nice, nothing fancy, and the staff did an awesome job on keeping the rooms very clean. The staff were very friendly and enjoy getting to know you personally. The grounds were immaculately taken care of as were the swimming pools! The infinity pool has an amazing view. Buffet was the best I've ever ate at--huge variety for every pallet, different ethnic foods. The seafood restaurant was very good, however the steak place was not very good where my meal was concerned--apparently the ribs were very good though. I would definitely recommend this resort to others-we were staying in bldg 2 so I can only speak about it. Every room has a beautiful Ocean view which is part of why I chose this place. There were plenty of kids activities. Nobody in our family went to the spa, we were too busy taking in all the available excursions--you'll never run out of things to do in Cancun.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kim H,

We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful time!!! We hope to see you again very soon :)

Best wishes,
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me begin by saying I am giving this hotel 2.5 stars, not 2 OR 3. We were between this and another hotel and chose this one because of the baby club for my 18 month-old son, as well as free golf for my husband-golf is pretty expensive in the area!

This hotel is surely a mixed bag to say the least and I went with the lowest of expectations. We have traveled the world and stayed in everywhere from hostels to luxury hotels, so we are not picky. We just want a clean place to sleep and good service. My stomach was in knots after booking and reading all of the reviews, so I emailed the so-called “social media coordinator” who responds to all the TripAdvisor reviews and of course I didn’t get a response. Lovely. From there, I had my husband email the hotel concierge because we needed a crib for our son and to inquire about restaurant reservations. They wrote back (took over a week) and told us we could email a separate email address five days in advance to book our dinner reservations for the first two nights of our stay. This gave us a bit of relief…

We arrived to the hotel with the other couple we were traveling with and began they check-in process. In the previous email to the concierge, my husband requested rooms for both parties with king sized beds and high floors. My husband also reiterated this to the front desk agent and he sent us to our rooms on the first floor of building 2. The guy didn’t even bother to say “Sorry, no kings available. These rooms have doubles”, at least so we knew what to expect. He only told us higher floors cost more money and was ready to sell us an upgrade to a suite with a Jacuzzi from his tablet. This pushy sales behavior was annoying. I would have happily upgraded to a different room, but didn’t need a hot tub in the room with a baby. Also, the original rooms had absolutely no view and overlooked the mini golf course and a giant AC unit. The agents said this is typically a more expensive room and they were giving it to us at no extra charge. I do not see how this was different from the room we ended up with other than the newer furniture-no extra amenities at all. It seems that guests in the club rooms were much happier, but it wasn’t an option for us. This was our friends’ first time to Mexico and they were really disappointed, so we went right back down to the desk and asked to be switched. The agents would not switch us and my husband eventually demanded to see the manager who was nowhere to be found for 15 minutes, then suddenly came out of his office from right behind the desk. Hmmm…. After some back and forth with my husband (all in Spanish), he offered us two partial ocean view/abandon building view rooms that were older and tired, but clean, so we eventually accepted. They said we could switch to king rooms the next day, but we didn’t want to deal with that hassle. The worst part came when my husband asked about our restaurant reservations and of course they told us they never got our request. My husband pulled out his laptop to show the manager his email after the manager accused him of lying, then told him we didn’t give the right information for the request, though the concierge didn’t tell us we needed anything specific. After some more arguing he said he could get us in to the Italian restaurant at 6PM, but it was already after 4 and we hadn’t even gone to our rooms at this point. He kept telling my husband he was trying to help us, but he did absolutely nothing to make us happy and blamed my husband for the situation. This guy is a joke and should not be a manager, especially at a place where guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance! This left us with a terrible first impression and two hours of our time wasted! The experience was worse than it sounds in writing…
ROOMS: We stayed in 1106 and the room was quiet from the noise in the lobby as it was down a separate corridor (We did have one drunk spring breaker mistake our room for his at 1 AM so that woke us up). It had a king sized bed and a double. Beds were pretty hard, but I still slept well. Maid kept the room clean. The tub was clean (I guess?) but old and rusty faucet and drain was disgusting. I gave my son showers instead of baths because I did not want him touching it. (See pic). Also partially faced the abandon building, but I can’t say it was as bad as other reviewers made it out to be. It looks like it was once a very nice place.
SERVICE: Service (except front desk in the beginning) was excellent. The waiters in the restaurants were great, as were all of the bartenders. If they seemed unhappy, well look who is managing them-someone with no customer service skills. The buffet staff was not the friendliest (not mean either) and some of the outside waiters were better than others. One of them made my son a balloon animal when we went in to get his milk. We preferred to sit outside, directly to the left of the buffet’s main entrance in Raphael’s section. He was great! There are several people standing around to make your stay more comfortable, though if you have a complaint, there isn’t much they can do-again, I blame the poor management. One of the guys took a liking to my husband and was able to get us a restaurant reservation on our first night, better than what the manager could do! We didn’t see him the rest of the trip so I hope he wasn’t fired for that!
FOOD/DRINKS: The second night we ate at the buffet and this was the only night we had it for dinner. I thought the buffet had a good selection and as long as you are not trying to eat everything on the first day, you should be fine. We always took food from the buffet to our room without problems. Breakfast pastries were really good. We were able to get reservations for all of the restaurants without any problems while we were there, though I think it’s best to call around 8:30-it is busy at 8and by 10 there aren’t many time slots left. The reservation system is annoying but it beats standing in line at the lobby, which some hotels require. I thought all of the food was really good at the specialty restaurants. Not great, but better than expected. The rib-eye at Wayne’s Boots was the biggest surprise-also the duck at the French. The Mexican restaurant was fun and had several flavors of margaritas that we enjoyed. The restaurants were never at capacity and this seems to be a big complaint here. We figured that they don’t want to hire more staff or overload the kitchen. We got great service so if this works for them, it works for me. One thing that was a bit disappointing was the crossover of food. For example, if you have the mashed potatoes at the buffet, you will get the same mashed potatoes at all of the restaurants if they come with your meal. Would be nice if they could slightly change these things so it’s not too repetitive. The bars throughout the hotel were also good, but if you want Bacardi, you have to say you want it or else you get the cheap stuff. I always requested the name brand stuff and there was never a problem. Like others have said, bring plastic cups from home because they serve little ones at the beach/pools. We bought the cooler cups with lids and straws at Walmart for $4.
BEACH: The beach was nice and clean. Plenty of loungers, but if you want a cabana, you must get up early. I was down there around 7am and most of the cabanas were already claimed, but we luckily got one each day. Waves strong but beautiful views. Locals selling merchandise were not pushy and not as frequent as some places I’ve been to.
POOLS: We didn’t really hang out at the main pools, except one day. I like to relax and this wasn’t for me. The adult pool was great and the water treatment places was a little stinky at times, but never repulsive. All of the pools were cold!
BABY CLUB: Not busy at all and friendly staff. They have a few family hours where parents can come play with the kid and if my son did not want us to leave him, we would take him back. This was nice because we didn’t have to pack so many toys for him and the staff took him in the baby pool. I would leave him for about 2 hours a day and he seemed to be okay with that. The kids in the old club seemed to be having a blast!
ENTERTAINMENT: We only saw a portion of one of the shows (it was a little later for a 1 year old), but the performers were great at what they did. The nightly entertainment by the lobby bar was a nice touch.

Kids were never annoying. Maybe I have more patience now that I have my own, but there were some very rude adults, cutting in front of me to get into the elevator when I was holding my baby!

Overall, we had a good time and we were not going to let our first impression of the place ruin our trip. The service staff truly turned the trip around for us! We overheard multiple guests complaining about rooms so this should be a sign that it’s time for a makeover! I would never go here as a couple and I was surprised to see two weddings on the beach! I would only recommend this place to families with a lot of kids, but I would look elsewhere first. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Be prepared to be offered an upgrade (at an extra cost) for a new/high floor room
Dear Lilabby,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations on a few levels as we try to provide the best service to all our guest and that we did not reply to you promptly. Your message has been forwarded to management to review as we aim to provide a unique stress free vacation for our guests.

Thanks again for taking the time for posting as we want to hear all comments, good and construction.

Best regards,
Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!