“Great vacation!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #72 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Montgomery, Minnesota
“Great vacation!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just returned home yesterday (February 11, 2013) from a one week stay here. Had a fabulous time. Food in buffet was wonderful, Wayne Boot's was wonderful. Didn't make it to the other restaurants. Lots of families with small children but that didn't bother me because my kids were at home so the crying toddler was someone else's problem!! Bar service was good...tip your hard working bar tenders and waiters...they remember and you will receive excellent service. Your tip doesn't have to be big dollars, a couple dollars go a long ways! Nightly shows, we saw Grease and part of Michael Jackson, which were entertaining. Staff works very hard!! Hotel is a little older, our first room was in tower 2, second floor, which when we were on our balcony we saw a palm tree and a little part of the ocean, I called the front desk and the next morning we were moved to tower 1 on the 5th floor...absolutely breathtaking view and nice room.

Room Tip: Don't listen to all the negative comments, there are a TON of people that stay at this hotel, ra...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Suep507,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us here at Crown Paradise Cancun. We do hope you return again very soon and next time, possibly try our other wonderful restaurants that so many rave about. Thank you for the special mention of our staff. We are very so very fortunate to have so many wonderful people on our team.

Hope to see you again soon :)

Social Media Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just returned from one week at this resort. My husband and I travelled with our 7 year old. Overall, I would say this resort is very nice. Beautiful location and you can't beat the scenery.
Check in was very fast, no line up at all and resort staff took our bags and escorted us to our room.
We booked the Family Suite 5 (king bed + bunk bed separated by a 3/4 wall) The layout of the room was great for those travelling with kids. Our son loved having his own space. The room itself was a bit bare bones. No pictures on the wall and lots of cracks and chips in the tiles. The room was not very sound proof at all. Whether it was wind, room service carts, laundry machines or even guests in the next room, we could hear it all. Beds were hard, but comfortable. The room was very clean, just looked a little beat up. On the plus side, the view from our balcony was lovely.
I agree with most other reviews when it comes to the food. It's fine, but it didn't blow us away. The selection didn't change much in the buffet, but it was pleasant enough. Keep in mind this isn't a 5 star resort so if you're expecting 5 star food, you may be disappointed. We did try out 2 a la carte restaurants - the Italian one and Wayne's Boots and enjoyed both of those meals. We emailed the resort ahead of time with our reservation requests so we never had to worry about phoning for reservations once we arrived. I would highly recommend doing this. But I think you can only do 2 bookings by email.
The pools are definitely cold. The last few days they did seem to warm up a bit and you could see more people spending time in there. You do need to get up early to secure good seats near the pool, but we have stayed at other resorts and have found this to be true wherever we go.
We loved the beach, and the color of the water. Ocean was warm, but very wavy with some strong undertow which made swimming impossible, but we had lots of fun jumping around in the waves and playing on the beach.
I can't say enough about how hard the staff work. From the entertainment team to the grounds keepers, everyone is working so hard, and we always found the staff to be friendly. We especially enjoyed meeting Angel, who made sure our cups were never empty when we were lounging by the pool, and we tipped in appreciation of his great service.
The highlight for us was the Friday night beach bbq and fire show. We also enjoyed the different food selections that would be prepared at lunchtime near the pool.
The facilities for kids were excellent. Though we never put our son in the kids club, we did check out the kids water park and he had a great time there.
The biggest selling point for this resort is the family friendly atmosphere. If you're looking for a great place to go in Cancun with kids, this is it.
We found ourselves comparing this resort the the Melia in Puerto Vallarta which is also very family friendly. Overall, I would say we enjoyed the Melia a little more, but the beach in Cancun is the best.
Not sure we see ourselves coming back to the Crown, but we did enjoy our stay.

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I travelled with my grandmother in her 80’s, parents in their 60’s, sister and myself in our 30’s, and kids who are 9, 6, and 4 years old.
General Pros- great view of ocean from all rooms, plenty of activities for all ages, hospitable staff (especially wait staff), close to airport, wide selection of food available, 24 hr room service, huge kids club, adult only pool
Our Pros- huge variety of fruits and veg, kids loved wave jumping, nothing wrong with room, competitive games around main pool were fun as we are not the sun basking types
General Cons (we could care less about these things, they are just fyi’s)- wi-fi is a bit steep, lots of stairs, not a “party” atmosphere, lots of kids/families, long waits at bars (bring a BUBBA mug), no free snorkeling, no specialty coffee bar, Americanized food looked and smelled bad ie. Fries, burgers, dogs.
Our Cons- none
Tips for all- exchange rate is 12-1 at the hotel, get banana’s and feed iguana’s at deserted hotel next door, u can catch the bus just outside for 1US or 8pesos to go anywhere in hotel zone or cancun city, there is also a free shuttle to marina (near mall) if you are super cheap and don’t want to pay for bus, you can get cheap aged tequila at drugstore’s or supermarkets(best deal I found was at supermarket across from central market, aged Don Julio $23, herradura $22), you can email hotel for first 2 restaurant bookings, heard Del Rey next door is good
Tips for families- activities at kids clubs our kids enjoyed were rock-climbing, as mentioned above jumping waves even though we were red-flagged all week it wasn’t too bad, you can get a paper with all of the weekly activities at the front desk to plan which kids club games/activites you want to do, best excursion BY FAR is Xcaret, it is worth every penny (go off resort for best price), the ruins are amazing but not a good trip for kids or those who have trouble walking.
Dining Tips- At buffet- green smoothie at breakfast smoothie bar, quesadilla’s at Mexican station, crepes after dinner, coconut ice cream
Restaurants- Italian- only good thing was the anti-pasta bar, Mexican- great atmosphere, food at buffet Mexican station was better, Steakhouse- only decent steak was skirt, ribs and wings not so great, ask for “special coffee” after dinner Fisherman’s- everything was ok, nothing great, didn't go to French(bc it's adult only) but heard it was the best, Sushi place during the day was hit or miss, sometimes it tasted fresh, sometimes not so much, only tried the nachos from food hut by pool nothing else looked or smelled appetizing there.

Troy, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Feb. 2 - Feb. 9. First off, I want to say I am a travel agent and I had never been to Cancun before. My daughter wanted a family resort for her two children ages 13 and 8. We had a 15 year old traveling with us as well and several couples and some single ladies.
Check in was good, they upgraded everyone in our group and had welcome Mimosa's to drink! NICE!
I emailed for dining reservations before hand and was able to make the first three nights reservations after many emails back and forth. Very nice!
This resort has a gorgeous beach and the resort is a short ride from the airport.
We were always able to find some lounge chairs at the beach.
Loved the hammocks.
Lots of kids activities.
Indoor pool was warm outdoor pools were about the same temperature as the ocean, nice and refreshing. Grandson loved the miniature golf and both of them ziplined. Most of our younger aged group rode the bull at Wayne's Boots!
Dining reservations were tricky. I called every morning beginning at 8:00 am and I was done by 8:30 am. I had reservations for each night for 16 of us, however not all together at the same table or at the same time. They would give me reservations for 4 of us at at 6:10, 6 at 6:50 and 6 at 7:50... What was aggravating to me was that when the first group would arrive the restaurant was empty! They COULD have sat us all together but didn't and wouldn't. On the night we went to the Italian, they sat 8 and 4 of us at the same time, but different tables...They said if we wanted to sit together all 12 had to order the same appetizer, entree, dessert, etc... However we had the same waiter, just a table apart, and they wouldn't let us scoot the tables together, didn't make any sense!
We took the city bus for a dollar to the ferry and then to Isla Mujeres on our own. $20.00 per person. The Apple rep at the hotel was not happy with me. He told me he makes his living booking excursions and we should have booked with him. I told him I was a travel agent and we booked on our own to save money. I didn't care for his attitude at all.
We took a couple hundred dollars for tipping and it goes a long way. All of the waiters and bartenders were awesome! Loved the service. Bloody Mary's at the main bar were awesome!
I thought the food was ok, not outstanding. Please keep in mind that food tastes different in other countries. For instance, the cheese tastes different, so the omelets will taste a little different. Loved the freshly made guacamole at the lunch buffet and we all loved the little Japanese restaurant. I also loved the smoothie bar. The lady there was very nice and patient. Some of our group totally hated the food. I found lots to eat, I would give it a 3 star for food. Didn't eat at the buffet at all for dinner.
I thought the beds were great, some of the group thought they were hard. That is very common in Mexico. I slept great!
The TV channels are programmed in Spanish. Our granddaughter fixed it so we could watch it in English!
All in all, I would book this resort for a family with children, however I would make it very clear that the food is just average.
i would not book for large groups, they are not very accommodating for dining together at the specialty restaurants. (Buffet for large groups would work out)
I would not book this for a couple traveling without children. (Other resorts for them) Lots of children.
Beautiful grounds, always cleaning and sweeping up. Very friendly staff. Our room was made up every day very nicely.
Group loved the nightclub, adult only pool with a swim up bar and the Trafalgar bar.
Transfers from Apple went smoothly.
Great value for the money!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear cruisingismylove,

Thank you for choosing Crown Paradise Cancun for your family vacation for you and your family and friends. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We do hope you decide to join us again in the future.

Best wishes,
Troy, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

With the title being said, the hotel was beautiful, everything was clean, staff was super friendly. People from all over the world stay there. The pools and the beach were AWESOME! The food was good but like I said in the title, if you are expecting 5 star cuisine, better go somewhere else and pay the extra money for it. NOTHING i ate was bad, just not as good as a 5 star restaurant. We went because we have two kids and couldn't afford anything pricier with 4 people. I am extremely pleased with our trip, cost, the service and the food. I don't understand the bad reviews. If you want the food/drinks/beds to be just like they are at home, you should stay at home!!!!! My husband has a really bad back and we thought the beds were amazingly soft for Mexico. Please feel free to ask any questions as we just got back! I really have NOTHING negative to say at all except the apple rep Jose was rude to my mom!

Room Tip: We had 15 people with us and all the rooms were good!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

In Jan. 2013, we traveled to cancun with another couple, and two girls, ages six and nine. This is a good all inclusive if you want the children to be the main focus of your vacation and you are not a foodie. I chose the resort because I wanted the children to be able to be together when attending the kid's club and most resorts would have separated them due to their age difference. There are activities in the kids club all day long. Parents have the choice of remaining with the children or leaving them in the supervision of the employees. We felt very comfortable leaving the girls as the employees seemed very attentive. However, during the day the girls chose to be with us at the larger pools or go to the beach. At night there was a kid's camp from 6:30-9:30 P.M. You had to sign up for it earlier in the day. Each night had a theme and then they would end by going to the show that was performed by the employees. That allowed us to have dinner without the children. YAY!!!
Backtracking... upon checking in they didn't have two rooms close together which we had requested. They said we could take rooms that were far apart and then move in the morning. When we weren't happy with that they managed to find us connecting rooms which were perfect. The rooms are nothing fancy but met basic needs. All rooms have an ocean view. Room service when things were needed was very prompt. Did not use room service for food.
There was plenty of food all day long at the buffet. Food was good but not fabulous. We enjoyed going to the restaurants in the evening and being served. The food was better than what was served at the buffets, but did not meet our "foodie" expectations. Getting reservations at the restaurants WAS challenging.
Alcohol was abundant and asking for stronger drinks was never a problem. Most of the gym equipment wasn't working properly or at all. The concierge was always very helpful and even helped with getting restaurant reservations at the hotel. It's very easy and inexpensive to take a bus into the town, as the stop is right in front of the hotel. Busses charge $1.00 per person each way.
This was our third all inclusive that we have stayed at. The service staff was very nice and accommodating. We took a lot of one dollar bills and tipped daily. They were all very appreciative.
We would return as we prefer a more updated hotel, and a bit more luxurious. I give this 3.5 stars out of five.

Room Tip: Be persistent in getting a location that you want.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear fishes4you,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor and for your kind words to our staff and facilities. I am happy to see that overall, you, family and friends enjoyed your time with us.

If you do decide on trying us a second time, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance

Best wishes,
Maryville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a nice resort and good location close to the airport, it has plenty of restaurants and good food choices. Reservations were not required when we visited, which is a plus. The rooms are all ocean view, which is great. The rooms other than the view are nothing special but adequate. The bars were alot of fun and the service was excellent. We travel as a couple and this resort is geared towards families with children, but on the 2nd floor there is a adults only pool with a swim up bar. Did not upgrade to the club room, but they looked very nice compared to the standard room. Would return, but there are so many resorts in Cancun and we enjoy trying different ones each trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Vaca -80,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are happy to hear you had a goo time with us. If you do decide to return to Crown Paradise Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

Jaki Jamieson,
Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!