“Great place if you have kids--fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #80 of 172 hotels in Cancun
San Antonio, TX
“Great place if you have kids--fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Do your homework before booking this resort--if you are looking for quiet relaxation and a high-end, fancy, brand-new facility, Crown Paradise isn't for you. If you want a casual, less expensive place that your kids will LOVE, this is the spot. The hotel is older and showing some signs of wear and tear, but the staff works extremely hard to make your vacation the best it can be. The kids club and waterpark are the absolute best anywhere in the Mayan Riviera. My kids usually won't go to a kids club, but this one I practically have to drag them away. The big waterslides, rock wall, zipline, mini-golf, and other fun activities make this truly a kids paradise. And for the adults, the beautiful water, waves, and beach are fantastic. I highly recommend it for a family vacation. I am always surprised to read couples honeymoon here and even get married here (and are of course disappointed). Do they do any research at all before booking?

Room Tip: Views of the ocean from the higher floors are much better, but it means more time spent waiting for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear SATerribleTwins ,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your overview on your stay with us. All guests feedback allows us the opportunity our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff, Kids Club and Water Park and for your recommendation to others looking for the perfect family getaway. I would like to add that we provide the perfect holiday for people without children as well. We have adult only sections of the hotel, restaurants, pools, bars, etc…..

I was surprised in regards to your comments on the weddings and honeymoons that we provide as we are one of the top locations for both and our guests are delighted with the experience as the comments here on Tripadvisor will show. We are fortunate to have the very best wedding/honeymoon coordinators and they always go the distance to ensure they provide the very best to all our who have given us the honour of being part of their very special day

I do want to thank you again for your post. We hope to see you again in the very near future

Sincerely

4,639 people have reviewed this hotel

2072
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Was';t even sure I wanted to go back to Cancun for a third time (though I do love it), but spotted a nice deal on Thomas Cook that was about 40% less that we'd previously paid before for a similar family hotel. Only my son and I travelling this time.

When we arrived, it was reassuring to see that the hotel was busy, A lot of Spanish speaking vacationers (mainly Columbians). We had emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room on a higher floor (TA forum tip by other users,,,thanks). we got the high floor and a lovely room.
All in all the staff were very good..no complaints at all. They are a friendly lot.

The hotel is really good value I thought but you do need to be prepared to eat out a few times. The cost saving we made, meant we could do this.

Overall, unless you have really high expectations, you are unlikely to feel cheated here.
Personally, I wouldn't go again but I'd happily recommend it to those on an average budget, especially if they have children.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with sea view
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I would have to agree with others and say that if you are expecting the Ritz, you probably won't be satisfied, but if you are expecting a great family resort with tons to do and accomodating staff, this is the place for you. We just spent ten days here with our two children for the second time and again had a wonderful trip. The resort is very clean and we constantly saw staff picking up after people and cleaning. The kids club is fabulous for children and the shows and entertainment is designed with families in mind. The buffet had great variety. I wouldn't say it was amazing food, but certainly you can find something you enjoy every meal. The a la carte restaurants were good; probably not five star food, but nicer than the buffet choices and some better than others. Our favorite was the Fisherman restaurant, but we really enjoy seafood. We did try the optional paid for lobster dinner, and it was very good. My only complaint at all about this resort would be the restaurant reservation booking system. It is virtually impossible to get through on the phone line and when you finally do we found that there would be either no reservations left available or they would be at 9 pm which is far too late for young children. Then if you did go to an a la carte restaurant, most of them were still half empty. I am not sure if they do this as a cost savings or due to limited staff, but it is tough to book. The best part I would say about this hotel is the staff and service. Everyone is very friendly and hard working from the front desk to the entertainment team. I was interested in switching rooms to have a slightly better view of the resort and Sandy at the front desk said it was no problem and let me go view the room before I made the decision and was so accomodating. One day we accidentally left our safe key in the room and when the cleaning staff came across it, they locked the safe, took the key to the front desk and left us a note. That said a lot about service and integrity. When I was struggling to book dinner reservations, I emailed Carlos who is the guest service manager and he was more than willing to help me to ensure I was able to enjoy all of the restaurants on our trip. All in all, a really great experience for us and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a four star, clean, family friendly resort.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and a better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Samantha A,

Thank you very your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My family and I returned to CPC for six days in December of 2012 after staying here in 2009. We stayed in rooms 2004-2007 as I traveled with 8 other family members ranging in age from 8yrs old to 74 yrs old. Checking in was quick and there were no problems. We ate at Wayne's Boots, where the steaks had a good flavor (AC was blasting so dress accordingly), Fisherman's (very good food), and Los Gallos (again no complaints). You need to call at least one day ahead to reserve space at each restaurant but we walked up, put our name on a list, and they were able to accomodate our large group on two occasions. La Palapa, the buffet, was very good for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Robicel and Israel both took very good care of us so try to sit in their section. There was alot of variety for my boys who are pretty limited on what they like and they always found something. The sushi joint next to the pool was awesome as well. No complaints.

Sitting poolside did require someone in our group to get up early (6a) to reserve chairs around the large main pool. It is a necessary evil but every resort is like this. The beach was beautiful and we did play sand volleyball on the oceanside court.

The only complaint I had was the tardiness of opening the poolside grill. It always opened 15 to 30 minutes after it was supposed to and the menu lacked chicken wings which are a family favorite. Seems they fry those up at 230p everyday.

We had a great time and will be back again in the near future. You and your family can't go wrong with the CPC!

Dear kcbeacher ,

On behalf of the Crown Paradise Cancun I thank you very kindly for your wonderful review of our hotel property. It pleases me greatly to hear that you and your family had a wonderful vacation with us once again. This is the experience we aim to give all of our guests!

It was our pleasure to help you make lasting vacation memories again and we look forward to your return in the future.

tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed the week before Christmas and had a good time. This is definitely a kid-friendly place and not one I would chose if I did not have my children (ages 7 and 9). The kids club was a bit boring for them after an hour or two. They did enjoy the larger water slides at the other end of the resort. The entertainment staff did a good job of engaging everyone at the pool area. The beach was clean but the surf was strong and red flags were up every day. Not a place to take younger children if you want them to enjoy the ocean--too strong surf. The rooms were clean but the walls were very thin. We actually asked for a room change after the first night because the walls were so thin and the connecting door made the noise level extremely loud. We were moved to the main area and that room was much quieter! We thought that we booked a room with a king and bunk beds but were told at the desk that that type of bedding would require a $50.00/day upgrade fee. The website does not make this clear at all! We were a bit tight in the 2 double beds but not worth the fee as we were not in room much at all. Food was average and typical buffet in main area. The fruit was amazing and you could order made to order omelets, Mexican, smoothies, pasta, etc. You have to get a bit creative and search but there are some good choices around. (Suggestion: bring or buy a large tumbler to bring water in poolside or beach-side as the glasses are really small). Italian restaurant was good. Steakhouse was fair but I would not go again. We preferred the buffet with the kids because of the vast choices. Bell/Luggage staff was very helpful and efficient. Front desk was kind about changing rooms. Location was at southern part of the Cancun strip and it was about 10 minutes by bus to shopping/eating off the resort. Bus stops at entrance to resort to go North but a little walk from bus stop coming back to resort.

Room Tip: The main area had quieter rooms as opposed to the 2nd lobby area rooms. Our first room was on the 2...
Dear tnboop ,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We pay attention to what our clients have to say about us and use your comments as a way to gauge our clients likes and dislikes. Your comments help us find areas that we could improve and give us insight into what you truly enjoy at our hotel.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We take pride in giving our guests the most cheerful friendly service possible. it is always our goal to provide our guest with a memorable vacation experience.

We appreciate your patronage and would love to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were 6 adults and two children ages 6 & 3. The reason we chose this resort was because of the kids. We were looking for a "kids daycare area that took 3 year olds, but were not sure if would would even use it. The resort also had watersides, a climbing wall, a pirate ship and play area. We took the kids to the play area and were very impressed on the whole set up. The staff were absolutely amazing. The supervision and security in the kids area was awesome. The kids , not just ours but all of the new friends they met had such a great time that they were asking each day to go back each day. All of the staff we encounter at this resort were so friendly and went out of their way to make you feel very welcome. The atrium at night was always bussing with something going on. The sports bar was the hub of it all. and if the kids want they can watch a favorite movie at the little movies theatre with freshly popped popcorn. The entertainment at night was pretty good. We have specials Kudo's going out to our morning and lunch server "Victor and our evening server in the buffet "Pepe". You guys made every meal so enjoyable. You are both excellent and they kids are still asking about you.... The buffet food was very good. Even though thee is only one buffet the food choices each day were varied so that one would not get bored. The variety ad the selection was very good.. Our room was unreal. we had a crown club room on the 5th floor. It had a king bed, jacuzzi tub, fruit plate, champagne and two glasses, a beautiful bouquet of flowers, slippers and a luncheon cruise on a paddle boat. We were a little leary on the luncheon cruise.... but serioulsy go for it,it takes about 5 hours but well worth your time and it is part of your room deal. The food on this cruise is awesome, and "Robo" on the entertainment committee was amazing, he is excellent at making sure everyone has a great time. The layout of the resort was easy and everything is easy to find. We went to the Italian a la carte-- very good, the seafood was also very good and of course the western a la carte was lots of fun, try ridding the mechanical bull after a few drinks lol .The snack bar by the pool had amazing wings, and the asian snack bar was very tasty as well. Lots of chairs by the pool, lots even in the shade. Good pools, nice infinity pool and the kids pool was also nice. The beach was nice-- but the waves are eating away at it. The 10 days we were there the waves were strong. I love to go into the ocean, but was a little intimidated some days. The water was warm, the beach was clean, the sand was nice and the vendors were not bothersome. If you do want some really good deals on some local trips check out " GINO" (older man on the bech-very experienced)we booked a trip to Isle Mujuries thru him at 50.00 per person..and it was a blast, snorkelling, shopping, touring, lunch buffet, drinks, parasailing off of the boat and laughs all day long-- best trip we.ve ever been on. In all we would go to this resort again if we had the kids....Thanks to all the staff for such a memorable and fun family holiday!!!!!!

Room Tip: No kids-- then get the Crown club rooms- nice jacuzzi tub, king bed, awesome view and very spacious...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Danielle W,

Thank you for a fantastic review and wonderful comments!! The staff and I are so glad you decided to give Crown Paradise Cancun a try and even more pleased that you had so much fun with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon

Best wishes,

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This in not the Ritz Carleton or Hyatt; so as long as you are expecting a clean room, nice beach, decent food choices, and good service from staff when necessary, you'll like this property.
There is also plenty to do on site with your kids or not.

If you want to be pampered 24/7 by staff and enjoy ultra premium amenities, this property is not that.

Good-
Service was exceptional when called upon.
One got what was necessary when asked, but there
was not an anticipation of needs one might see at a more pricey resort.
Food choices were decent given the environment. There was always a healthy option,
if you so choose.
Alcohol was available throughout the premises, as was the food.
Location was central to Cancun for excursions and to get back to the airport.
The building was well maintained for its age, including the lush vegetation and the pools.
Extremely child friendly staff and site. Lots to do.
Maids were fast and friendly.

Not as good-
The water in the pools was cold, not sure why. Little ones shivered after leaving the pirate ship water slide each day. Not so great in December when it's not super hot.
Room service breakfast rarely got what I ordered right, minor quibble.
Firmest bed I've ever slept on, got used to it after the first night.

Overall good family property for those with realistic expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room if u wish to see what's going on, a bit noisier than- Outside view room...
Dear lucasthree,

Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that your overall experience was enjoyable. We take and that great pride in having such an amazing staff and that you noticed there efforts.

I apologize on behalf of the hotel if when you ordered room service, you received incorrect orders. Your comments were forwarded to the proper departments and more care will be taking in the future.

I am not sure if you mentioned to our front desk staff that you found the beds to be uncomfortable. We do have pillow top mattress covers available upon request. Since bed firmness is subjective, some people love a firm mattress while others prefer a bit more cushion, we try to accommodate for all tastes.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!