“Royalty Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #70 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
England, United Kingdom
“Royalty Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Me and my friend stayed at this hotel for one week in December for my 21st birthday and she was 18. I would recommend this hotel for couples and families but it was just lovely to be somewhere where you could relax and have entertainment on as well. The food is lovely and they have plenty of different restaurants for you to try out. The bus service to town is around 40 pence each and it comes every 3 minutes so you are never waiting around for long. When me and my friend arrived, I felt like royalty, the luggage staff took our luggage from us and took it up to our room and whilst we were waiting to check in we were provided with a glass of champagne. The staff were really friendly and made you feel welcome and I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will most certainly be travelling to Cancún again when I can. Stunning views and such a relaxing holiday with different activities and excursions to do as well. I won't go on forever otherwise I'd be here all day. I don't have anything bad to say about the hotel or Cancún itself other than it was amazing. Shout out to ROBOCOP, Ricardo and Pablo, the guy who comes round asking if you want another drink! THANK YOU :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (994)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here from the 12th-26th December. Absolutely loved it, rooms were clean and very spacious for us (family of 4). The food and drink saved us a fortune and could not have complained about anything as the restaurants were delicious and even the buffet had a large selection of amazing food! (Even if I may have doubled in size haha) bar staff were very friendly and were a great laugh, my glass seemed to be never ending, as soon as a I turned my back it was refilled. The entertainment team were also great and really made our stay. They were all lots of fun and always provided guests with fun activities, just make sure you get involved as it is such a laugh. They all work so hard and make sure you go out on a night out with them, they know how to party and are so fun and friendly. There is always something to do at crown paradise and everyone is so welcoming. Really wish I could be back there now! Make sure you tip waiters and maids etc as they rely on tips, as their wages are so low and they will greatly appreciate it! Amazing hotel!! I literally cannot say a bad word about it

• Stayed December 2012
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Abbey103,

Thank you for a fantastic review and wonderful comments!! We are so happy to hear you had a so much fun with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

All the best for the new year.

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I really liked this Resort. I am a simple person, I don't require much to keep me happy.
PROS:
- I loved the open bars all around.
-Pool area was nice and has a great view.
-The water is rough, but you can get used to it and swim for hours !
-The rooms were great, (beds a bit hard, but all beds seem to be are stiff in Mexico). I had a gorgeous balcony with the view of the ocean. I did get the side that had the abanadoned houses but I was close to the beach and the houses weren't in the way in pictures I took from the Balcony. If you seem to get a grand view of the abandoned houses, just nicely ask to be moved.
-Buffets all aroud !
-I needed water shoes and they have a shop for clothes right in the hotel !
-The entertainers by the pool were awesome !
----------Overall it was great, would stay again, despite the cons..--------------------

CONS:
-I speak Spanish and the cleaning staff would say things about guests and their behavior. I gossip too, but please tell them to keep away from visitors that might understand.
-I didnt get the Welcome Drink everyone talks about.
-This hotel has a preferance for those of a lighter complexion. I am actually Mexican and have a native look, I feel my treatment could have been better, but I am not going to take it to heart, I've had this experience in other places around the world as well.
- The really big thing that had me uneasy was the garbage around the pool/beach. The little tables by the beach chairs and the trash bins were usually over flowing with trash. The staff needs to be faster with picking up cups/plates/tissues.

Thanks Crown Paradise, I had a great Vacation with your resort !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

There will always be a varying opinion of these types of resorts. By North American standards, is this a 5 star resort? No. Don't expect 5 star dining, don't expect 5 star accommodations. But as long as you go to this resort with that mentality, you'll have a good time.

Location
About a 20 minute shuttle bus ride to the resort, which is really nice. Other people had to take an hour long bus ride after the multi-hour flight to get here. Nice to get off the plane, and get to the resort, just in time for dinner!

Check In
Yes, there are very few staff checking people in. We had to wait about 10 minutes, but hey, you're on vacation. We didn't get the welcome drink that everyone was talking about, I guess we got in a little late (7 pm).

Foyer
Very grand. You look up and you just see 7 floors of rooms.

Room
Nice standard room in tower 1. Nothing to complain about. Tiled floors, 2 double beds, flat screen tv with mostly spanish channels, a balcony facing the main pool, a decent enough bathroom. The bathroom wasn't too big, some paint chipping, and an old-ish looking tub. But clean. Air con worked well, not too loud. We were in an --37 room. From what I could tell, any rooms ending with 32 to 40 faced the open foyer directly over the main entrance. You could hear the sound traveling up into the rooms throughout the day. Whether it was people laughing, the band playing, the workmen chipping away at the paint...you could hear it in the rooms. So, if you're a light sleeper, i would ask for a room ending with numbers outside that range.
I did notice that there was a night club that opened at around midnight till the wee hours, plus an adult only bar at one end of the hotel. I'm not sure how loud it got, but there were rooms (I believe ending in 16, 17, 18) that were right outside the entrances. Not sure if they were affected by the noise.
Because we were facing the main pool, we could hear the 'entertainment crew' organizing events in the pool with their speakers during the day. Our toddler had to nap, so had a little bit of a hard time falling asleep due to the noise. It wasn't too bad, but still could hear the noise fairly clearly.
Yes, all rooms have a water view from what I could tell. If you upgraded (i.e. paid more money), you could be placed in tower 2. Quieter as there weren't any amenities in that tower (no bar, no music, etc). Just a minute walk from tower 1.
We had requested a fridge in the room, but we had to pay an extra $40/day to get upgraded (still in tower 1). We declined.

Buffet
I quite enjoyed the food. Always ample to eat. Is it gourmet? Well...probably not. But still tasty. Always fresh fruit, salad on hand. Drink station had plenty of choices. Only complaint was that they sometimes ran out of food during the end of the meal period. For example, if you showed up a little late for lunch (2 pm), they would be out of guacamole. I really liked it, but they were out!
Breakfast was good. Omelet station, juice bar, and the other regular items. If you go to the fresh juice bar, ask for the green juice. So delicious. A mixture of cactus, apple, cucumber (I think) and something else. So sweet, very refreshiing. I only ordered it once I saw many of the Spanish speaking guests ordering it.
Lunch was good as well. Highly recommend the mexican station. I think it was authentic, tastier than what I could get here in North America. Everything was freshly made on the spot for you. I would highly recommend item #2. I think it was a beef skirt toast, which was recommended by the cook. I had it every day. The Asian station...well, it was ok. I guess it was their version of Asian food. Was it authentic? No. But if you are ok with that, then I guess you'll like it. Just don't expect the food to be on par with stuff that you would get in Asia, or parts of North America.
Dinner: we only ate here once, and it seems like they have a different theme every night. We happened to have gone to Mexican night. Good food, no complaints. Plenty of it.

Sit down restaurants
We went to every one. yes, you do need to make reservation a day ahead. Were these a la carte restaurants more spectacular than the buffet? Um, I wouldn't say that. The ambience is definitely nicer, quieter. To be honest, I think the food was only marginal better than the buffet.
Waynes Boot: Yes, a meat restaurant. A place to get steak. Unfortunately, the steak (medium) was quite burned. The ribs were decent. The best thing were the chicken wings served as an appetizer. Extra crispy, yummy. And yes, you do get to ride the mechanical bull. It's harder than it looks! I stayed on for a whopping 7 seconds.
Mexican: probably the best service we had from all the restaurants. Fun, lively. Food was fairly good. Nice mexican band coming to each table. Nice touch.
Seafood: You had to pay an extra $25 for a lobster meal. The air con was turned up very very high, so it got quite chilly in there. The seafood soup was very salty, none of us could finish it. The entrees were decent enough.
Italian: there was a salad buffet station that had yummy food. The entrees were ok. However, the service was the slowest. We had to wait so long for our food.
French: adults only. Much quieter. Food was again ok.
All in all, the food in these restaurants were decent enough. As long as you don't expect fine dining, that you'll have a good time. It didn't seem like there was a dress code. I wore shorts, and seemed to fit in.

Chicken wings
If you go to the pool bar, you may see the elusive chicken wings that some people are eating. The wings are the same ones from Waynes Boots. We asked if they were going to make any more wings, and were told to come back in 20 minutes. We did, and were told that they didn't have any. We mentioned to the cooks that we were told to be back in 20 minutes. They looked at us, then said 'ok' and grabbed a plate full of wings from the back for us. We had to repeat this secretive operation every time we wanted wings. Not sure why. They were good, especially by the pool with some beer. So, ask for the wings and don't accept no for an answer! It's worth it!

Japanese restaurant
This 'kiosk' is located close to the pool and is only opened from noon till 4 pm. Again, don't go in with high expectations. You are not in Japan, so don't expect that quality. It was fine. Filled the empty stomach with noodles, rice, vegetables or spring rolls.

The Grill
This kiosk is next to the main foyer. It's opened from 10 pm till 6 am. Mainly serving nachos, hot dogs, burgers, fries, grilled cheese sandwiches and quesidillas. Other than room service, this is the only place to get food late at night.

For the most part, the vast majority of staff worked very very hard. House keepers cleaned the rooms daily, and were efficient. Just remember to have your 'do not disturb' sign on your day if you don't want to be woken up at 9 am. The serving staff that cleaned up the restaurants worked extremely hard. Constantly cleaning up after people, getting the tables ready. They will bring you alcohlic drinks during meal times.

Tipping
To tip or not to tip. I think it's an individual answer. We tipped often, as we saw how hard people worked. Once you do, they'll remember you and will give you extra attention. Our server for breakfast and lunch would always try and get our big group a table as soon as he saw us coming. We didn't see too many people tipping (either at the buffet, restaurants or bar), but some did. A dollar here and there goes a long way. Makes people feel appreciated.

Nightly shows
Every night at 8:30 there is a show in the theatre. Was it amazing? Let's just say that the entertainment crew tried their best. Just go in and have fun. Are they Hollywood material? No, but give them credit for their enthusiasm. There was a Michael Jackson tribute airband, a kids program, 'mexican' idol and a few others. I think the best one is on Tuesday nights. Its a circus performance, kind of like Cirque du Soleil. I hear they bring in an external company to do this show. If you only go to one show, this has to be it. You wont be disappointed. Bring some extra clothes, it can get chilly in there.

Beach
Always busy, but we managed to find chairs any time we went. Sand was nice. There were vendors walking around, but they were very polite. You could buy souvenirs or have your hair braided. They always accepted no for an answer. Didn't hassle anyone at all.

Pools
The infinity pool was nice, that's where all the events took place. Always busy. The side pool was much quieter, but not always in the sun. There's also a pool next to the foyer, under a glass cover. Mainly families there. No shallow area for the little ones, but you could make as much noise as you wanted to since there was many kids there. There's always a bigger water slide next to the beach volleyball court that I don't think people know about. Just one slide. Never made it to the adult only pool on the second floor. Every time I saw it from our floor, it looked fairly empty. Great place to get a drink, as there was hardly a line up!

Kids Club
Yes, there are a lot of kids here. Why? Because kids stay free here. Not sure why people complain about having so many kids running around the place. Every review has stated that there are A LOT of kids. In this area, there is a water play park for kids. Great slides, wading area, etc. There are staff there, but I don't think they're actual life guards. Every kid there seemed to be having a blast. They have staff organzing events for them as well.

Bus versus taxi
Getting into downtown Cancun is easy enough. There are tonnes of buses leaving right outside the hotel for around $1. These are nice buses, big grey hound buses. It seemed like they leave every 3 minutes or so. We took a cab into town, $22 each way. They will even wait for you as long as you want for the same fare. We went to Wal Mart for souvenirs, not that cheap. Then we went to Market 28. Huge market area selling everything you can imagine. Tequila, vanilla, shirts, etc. Could spend hours there, as long as you're ok having people constantly trying to get you into their stores. If i had a choice, I would have opted for the bus. I think there were about 5 tourists in these huge buses.

Museum
Our taxi driver showed us the newly opened (last month) Museum. Just a few kilometres away. Looked amazing from the outside. I think they have artifacts from throughout the country. Would like to go back to it.

Summary
Overall, a good place to stay as long as you don't have high expectations. It is a Ritz Carlton, or a Waldorf Astoria (not that I've stayed there before)? No, but the staff are friendly and work extremely hard. Food is tasty enough. Could use a touch up (paint, etc), but clean. You won't be disappointed as long as you go in to this place with the right expectations.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear wanderlost16,

Thank you very much for your detailed and well written review of the Crown Paradise Club Cancun. We appreciate your honest evaluation of our hotel, staff and services. Tripadvisor is a valuable resource for travelers and your contribution will be greatly appreciated by many when considering our hotel.

Thank you for helping us to improve and we hope to have the pleasure of your visit again in the future

Best wishes for the new year

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We are a family of four kids aged 4 and 6. What i can say is that after reading all the reviews i was a bit concerned abt the food and everything but it turned out to be very good hotel with excellent choice of food. We eat at a la carte restaurants when we got bored of the buffet but the kids were quite happy with food. People complaining abt the temperature of water in the pool i tthink they dont know what a good temperature is. About the rooms i must say that they dont look like 5 * hotel. More like 3 4* . I travel a lot but this room was far too basic and dated. After a day we upgraded to club rooms which was better. But u have to pay $ 70/ night for that. The bar service was good, night entertainment was a bit rubbish i must say. Laura the rep was a sweatheart.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear vasaol30,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Crown Paradise Cancun. We are very happy to learn that our main purpose, which is helping our guests have a nice relaxing holiday was accomplished and that after a room change, you felt more comfortable.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Sincerely

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife, daughter and myself took a week at the crown paradise hotel from 10/12/12 to 18/12/12 and we were amazed at the hospitality and kindness we recieved, it was fantastic.Everything about the place made us feel welcome. As for the food there is plenty of choice and its all prepared professionally.The only complaint i have is that the a330 airbus wasnt quick enough 11 hours is a long time but if you want cancun you have to take the good with the bad. Our reps Laura and Tommy were on hand when ever they were needed and are a credit to the Thomas Cook Group.
We will be retuning next year.
As for the bad comments about this hotel and its staff, all i can say is ++++++++.
We all found it 100%
Thankyou Colin..

Room Tip: learn some spanish basics it will really help
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Colin M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to commenting on your recent stay with us here at Crown Paradise Cancun. We are thrilled to know that your stay was enjoyed by all. Comments as yours inspire us to continue striving to maintain the high levels of service and quality that we are known for.

Once again, thank you for sharing and we really hope to see you again real soon

Best regards,

Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We were there with two of our adult children from Dec 16 to 23 in rooms 2612 and 2614. It was our first Trip to Cancun. We didn't have any idea what to expect. It was a generally lovely experience with a few minor disappointments. However, there were no aggravations and no feelings of buyers remorse. We pretty much stayed on grounds. The hotel restaurant reservation system was manageable. We found the meals good at most of the restaurants, but the less than memorable at the general dining hall. Drinks were plentiful but not very potent. The wine in particular seemed barely acceptable. Our goal was to relax for a week and that was achieved. The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We'd recommend it again easily but might opt for a step up on the quality scale next time we go to Cancun.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear MarkAW-GRMI ,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and for your kind words regarding the hotel staff. We take pride in giving our guests the most cheerful friendly service possible. It is always our goal to provide our guest with a memorable vacation experience and it was nice to see we succeeded once again.

We sincerely hope you will return to visit us again in the near future

All the best for the upcoming year,

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!