“Definitely a family hotel than a romantic holiday for two” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #80 of 172 hotels in Cancun
“Definitely a family hotel than a romantic holiday for two”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We stated here for 10 nights from 5/11/2012. 1. There's no free wi fi it cost about £10.00 a day if you want it.
2. The restaurants which you need to book 24 hrs prior are dreadful, honestly it was ridiculous why you had to book this! We ended up trying them but food rubbish we always went back to the buffet restaurant which was always available no booking required. Buffet food was the best apart from Wayne's boots restaurant, that was only one with good food.
3. We could hear very loudly in our room the singer and music being played downstairs , we really should've asked to move but we didn't.
4. Can't use your own hair dryer etc due to voltage. Not sure if this is the case for every hotel though in cancun.
5. No disco bar or proper night bar in hotel just two bars one with singer and keyboard but no proper disco bar.

On the plus side the staff were very friend helpful rooms always cleaned thoroughly.
Lots of different pools to choose from. But in my opinion it's more of a big family orientated hotel. Cancun hotels inclusive there is no strip restaurants bars, I kind if lived in a hotel for 10 days not my type of holiday as I like to get out and eat drink along a strip on the bra h but cancun there isn't t any strip.

• Stayed November 2012
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Ems2075,

On behalf of Crown Paradise Cancun, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your overview of your stay with us. Our apologies that you were not completely satisfied with your stay, we strive to ensure each and every guest enjoys every minute with us and are truly disappointed when they don´t.

Yes Crown Paradise is considered a family hotel and that is the reason we provide ¨Adult Only¨ areas: Club Caribe Pool, Sans Soucis restaurant, Crown Tower rooms, etc…. I do wish you had requested a room change. We would have gladly done so for you if possible at the time and this would have provided you with a much better experience at the hotel. Our goal is for you to be as comfortable as possible while staying with us. In the future, please do not hesitate to ask us.

I am not sure why you felt the food was bad in general. It would have been helpful to receive a bit more detail so that I can inform the Food and Beverage department the reasons behind your comments. If you would like to comment further, please contact me at jjamiesoncrownparadise.com

Also, Cancun is known for the nightlife and surprised that you felt there was no strip to enjoy. Cancun is a resort/vacation destination and has over 20 km of hotels/bars/clubs. Here are some of the most known: Coco Bongo´s, Senior Frogs, Carlos N Charlie’s, Mandala, Hard Rock, Dady´O and I could go on and on

Although it appears that you had a less than satisfactory experience, we do hope you will soon return and give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Best wishes

4,621 people have reviewed this hotel

2061
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Value for money. Hygienic, good location, beautiful, sweet and simple.

Lots of kids and families. Make sure you do not have problem with that.

But as I said - value for money. We enjoyed living here and saved some money by not booking expensive resorts and used that money for outdoor activities - speed boat, snorkling, scuba, coco bongo club.

Bottom Line: If you have a limited budget and you want to enjoy outdoor activities also as well have a good time at resort - book it.

Details:

1. Rooms: I took the crown club room in building 2. The room had jacuzzi and nice ocean view. I enjoyed it but I may not take it again. Because I hardly spent any time in room. You can save some money on the room and spend it on outdoor fun.

2. Purple Band: With Crown Club room, we got purple band. That means we get international drinks and some special treatment. But International drinks are only served from 6 PM to 11 PM and that too in Bldg#2 on 8th floor. My advise - You can save some money here. The in house drinks are not bad or anything. You don't really need a purple band unless you have extra bucks.

3. Restaurants: La Palapa is good restaurant for buffet. Nothing fancy but neat, clean and variety. No booking needed.

French Restaurant : Good food. You need reservation for that. We took house wines which are included with food. Menu wines are charged extra.

Italian Restaurant: Average food. You can skip it if you want. Reservation is required here as well.

Yama Sushi : Good walkin seafood buffet.

4. Pools: Infiniti pool is good. In other pools, no one hangs out. Do not fall for pictures. Stick to infiniti pool and you will be happy.

5. Location : Not bad location. You can get a bus outside of the hotel to go to downtown.

6. Spa: Spa sucks. The simple oil massage is expensive and nothing special about it. I will not try again or recommend it to my friends.

7. Staff: Staff if good. They respect you and listen.

8. Kids and Families: This resort turned into Day Care on Monday. Lots of kids everywhere. But as I said above, this resort is not exactly for couples but if you have limited budget and want to enjoy outdoor cancun as well, you should not complain.

9. Will I go there again: No. I will try something else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Me and my girl stayed at crown paradise for 2 weeks. After a 30 hour delay we arrived tired and hungry and decided to order room service at around 11pm. Half an hour later it arrived stone cold and smelt rank. So we went to bed hungry. After 2 days of cold food i decided to try the chinese buffet, what a mistake!! I was so ill for 3 days with sickness and the squirts Around 9 prople were sick the time i was there. The breakfast lunch and dinner buffet was always just warm. Never once hot! We tried the italian and orderd pizza, cold and under cooked!! Even the steakhouse food was warm. All im sayin is its a lovy hotel. Alot of fun but the food is a joke!!! I'd highly recomend going out to eat. We had to lie and say my girl was pregnant for them to make us a hot meal.

• Stayed November 2012
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Baldyboden,

Allow me to thank you for taking your time and sharing this review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed our staffs´exceptional service. We are fortunate to have an experienced team of hospitality professionals who really understand how important a fun vacation is to our guests

Your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations in the area of food and beverage. As an all inclusive resort we aim to personalize not only our service but our cuisine as well, in an effort to suite different tastes and preferences of all our guests. Our chefs and bartenders are committed to respond to special requests and make everything possible to ensure the satisfaction of our patrons. I will be sharing your valuable feedback with our head chefs and food and beverage manager as this is one of the defining parts of Crown Paradise experience and we never miss an opportunity of improvement.

Regarding the food quality. It is very important for me to let you know that we have a very high rating with the International and National Health/Food board. We always receive certification with flying colors and we also have a monthly inspection. Our kitchen/restaurant staff and chefs are given constant training to ensure they follow our high quality and health checks.

At Crown Paradise Cancun, we strongly believe that our guests deserve the best, we hope to have an opportunity to present to you the improvements and our commitment to meet the highest expectations of all our guests. Should you decide to give us this opportunity in the future, please do not doubt to contact me for any assistance:

bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am very fair with my reviews and like to be as accurate as possible.

As per title of my review there is absolutely no way this is a 5 star resort. I would consider myself generous in offering it a 3.5 rating.

Best points:-

Beach is beautiful - stunning. Current very strong whilst we were there and shelves very quickly. Loads of shells some large smash into your shins so beware.

Sea view in all rooms is nice.

Bar staff quick and efficient and some nice brands available.

French Restaurant lovely both in decor and food standard.

Buses outside super cheap. $1 takes you anywhere and they are frequent to escape the monotomy of the hotel.

Not so good:-

Extremely slow check in on arrival
Hotel appearance very drab and basic
Room musky but this is always the case in the Caribbean and has no reflection on the hotel as maid service very good and efficient. decor just drab generally in appearance. Very basic.
Fridge never stocked with water or any other drinks and if you rang room service they took around 2 hrs each time and the food was lousy.
I am vegetarian and always struggle with choices. Whenever are they going to discover soya protein in these complexes for non-meat eaters? Just to be able to have something other than vegetables, chips and cheese for 2 weeks would be a luxury, especially as we pay the same as those having steak, fish etc. They had a cauliflower cheese one day and I was so excited but this turned out to be completely tasteless and nothing more than a white sauce with no cheese flavour whatsoever. All food was basic and always lukewarm-cold. Omelettes were cooked fresh but same spatula used for meat and non-meat preferences. Food never changed at all from day to day. My husband did have some of the freshly cooked poolside Paella which he said was the best thing her had eaten during the 2 weeks. I obviously cannot comment.
Coffee not very nice and no cappacinos available at the bar etc.Took ages for waiters to bring coffee to your table in the morning. They just seem so overworked its terrible.
Poolside entertainment as painful as it always is. Could be made bearable if not so loud and I mean excruciatingly loud - same day in and day out

We were delayed 29 hours on return flight and put up at the Iberostar Paraiso on the Riviera Maya. Absolutely stunning hotel and brought home just how basic ours was..

Dear Kate 258,

I apologize if you found the wait at the check-in a bit long. There are numerous reasons for this: The amount of guests arriving at the same time. The front desk staff wants to assure that the everything is done correctly and that they are given all the information about the hotel, amenities, etc… as to have a wonderful, stress free stay. Some guests would like to alter/upgrade their reservations , etc

As for the hotel appearance. We are in current renovations and the hotel will have a fresher feel and this will also included all the rooms. They will now have flat screen tv´s, new modern furniture, etc.. and the a/c capacity has been increased throughout the hotel as well.

In regards to your being a vegetarian. What I usually suggest to guests is upon arrival, if they have any special needs in any way, is to go directly to the concierge and they can advise you on who to speak to for further assistance. They could have guided/suggested to you or even spoken to the chefs on your behalf to provide you with options/dishes that you could have eaten during your stay with us. After all, our goal is for all our guests to feel as if they are in paradise and do not want to leave. I also advise them to look at the website ¨crownparadise.com¨¨ to take a look at our dining options. This way they can plan a bit ahead. I was surprised to hear that in your opinion, food never changed as we have a wide variety of options. The Palapas offers different menus daily for breakfast, lunch & dinner . Also stations that offer: Italian, Mexican, Juice Bar, Oriental, Delicatessen, Fresh Salad/Fruit & soup bar, etc… and this is not including our restaurants: Steak House, Oriental, French, Seafood, Mexican….and we also have a few Snack Bars & 24/7 Room Service.

I understand that the unfulfilled expectations may prevent you from considering our property in the future, although I assure you that none of your comments will be left unattended as we work in the direction of improvement daily. It would be our pleasure to have you return for a second visit and have the opportunity to change your previous unfavorable impression. Please contact me if I can be of any assistance

Cranbrook, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

First of all I want to start by saying that we did not "stay" here. We stayed right beside this resort at the GR Solaris, which is one of the greatest resorts we've ever stayed at. We came over to "this" resort for a friends wedding.
To get a day pass, in order to attend the wedding, we had to give the CPC front desk our passports, (which is ILLEGAL), but we did it unknowenly and $80pp. Went to the wedding, had a few cocktails and went back to the GR Solaris. Went to sleep, got up and forgot to pick up our passports at the front desk. Phoned over to the CPC where the wedding was to ask if they had our passports. They said, "No". Starting to panic, we searched everywhere, all day. Next day, we called over again to ask. Once again they said, "No, they did not have our passports". We thought maybe there was a translation problem, so we got the GR Solaris front desk to call the CPC front desk. Again they said, "No". This went on for 3 more days, 5 days total. Called the Canadian passport place, in a panic and was ready to do a 7 hour run around in order to get new passports (the last day of our trip), decided to go in to the CPC where the wedding was and ask if they had our passports.
And whattya know. They had them. AND THEY WOULDNT GIVE THEM BACK, UNLESS WE PAID THEM $880US!!!! The anger we felt was undiscrible. We werent about to pay the $880 and demanded to talk to the manager. He was too busy, so we stood in the front desk lineup for a half hour. Not moving. Big line up behind us now. They still refused to give us our passports back. We wanted them to phone the police, because what they were doing was illegal. They refused. Front desk person went back and forth, talking to the "manager". $880 went to $750, went to $600, went to $550, then to $400 and finally a hour later $200. We paid the $200, cause we were just fed up. This place is SLIMY, SLIMY, SLIMY. And the 60 people who stayed at this resort for the wedding were not impressed by it either.
The resorts claim was, that since we did not pick up our passports after the wedding, we now owed them for 2 ppl for 5 day passes. Even tho we called everyday asking if they had our passports, our resort called them every day asking them the same, they change the wrist band color everyday and they admitted that they knew we werent there any other days besides the wedding. They still held our passports hostage. Absolute garbage!! Ruined our week vacation. Please do not give a buisness like this a penny of your money. There as slimy as they come. The GR Solaris was extremely discusseded in what happened and appologized on behalf of Cancun and Mexico. This is how/why Mexico gets such a bad reputation. Because of slimy buisnesses like the Crown Paradise!

Stayed November 2012
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Bayou 2010,

Customer’s feedback is very important to us. I am deeply sorry that you encountered some issues during your visit, because customer satisfaction is our top priority. Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Crown Paradise Club Cancun. I have forwarded your comments to our management team for review. Please be aware that we are investigating your claims and are taking action so that these issues do not present again in the future.

Please contact me directly if you would like to give me more information regarding the issues you had during your visit.

Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids 2 & 7). You will not find a better hotel in Cancun for the value, service, cleanliness and family activities. Almost all resorts do not offer Kid's Clubs for babies that are under 4. They not only have a fantastic daycare facility, but it is staffed with awesome people that truly cared about my son (who was going through the terrible 2's). Pamela and Dolce did a great job. We tipped them because it gave us time to be alone as a couple. Our 7 year old, who normally loves his parents, frowned every time we went to pick him up. He was having so much fun and meeting people from all over. Jeny and Paulina were very helpful with his age group.
Sebastian and Roger were our favorite bartenders. The conversation wasn't forced like they had to speak with us. If some bartenders looked like they weren't friendly...stop and watch them for a minute. They had to deal with a lot of crazy people. Roger was my source to tell me about what happened in the NFL during my vacation.
We had another old room and chose not to upgrade, but we were fine with it. We only slept there.
Finally, the buildings are older. Need a fresh coat of paint. But I repeat, you won't find a better resort for families.

Room Tip: Take the bus to Mercado 28 for about $1 each. It is much cheaper than the mercado that they have by...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Don D,

On behalf of the Crown Paradise Cancun I thank you very kindly for your glowing review of our hotel property. We appreciate the time you took to tell us of your experience while here. It pleases me greatly to hear that you and your family had a wonderful vacation with us. This is the experience we aim to give all of our guests! It was our pleasure to help you make lasting vacation memories. We thank you for sharing your precious family time with us and we look forward to your 3rd return in the future.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to Pamela, Dolce, Sebastian and Roger. They will be pleased to hear their efforts were appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can help you in some way.

Warmest Wishes
Moose Jaw, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Pros-the staff were awesome...TONS of kids, drinks were good, mexican resto was great, Italian had the BEST steak and our seafood was fresh. The servers in the buffet (Isreal) were great. We loved them and tipped them well. The entertainment at the pool were really nice and kept the people busy in the pool. They were great dancers and really good with the kids. The beach was great, the bar at the beach was really great...LOVED the little bartender.

Cons-we got in and it was BRUTAL! Our room was unsafe! the tiles on the floors were super cracked and we had to wear shoes to avoid cutting our feet. The next morning we went down to the desk, they gave us another room....BUT CHARGED US 300$ for it. so brutal. The room was better and made our stay better. The resort as a whole was really run down and kinda scummy. The food was...ok....always something to choose from. I would not eat the "ham" or cut up hot dogs at the omelette station though. As I said above, the a la cartes were great...just not Wayne's boots. YIKES. worst steak ever! We were all sick after (my son began throwing up) we ate the 1cm thick meat. Lesson learned. I would never suggest this place to someone travelling without kids. If you decide to stay here, ask for a room facing the pool...otherwise you will be looking at a hotel that looks like a bomb went off in it. It was quite the sight and because iguanas moved into it, they can't fix it.

Bottom line, great staff...but if you are looking for a nice resort...this is not it.

Room Tip: you need to upgrade or you will be staying in the worst room ever!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jaki J, Guest Relations Manager at Crown Paradise Club Cancun, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Jessica W,

Thank you for choosing Crown Paradise Cancun during your trip to Cancun. We do appreciate hearing from our guests, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our service.

I was pleased to hear that you were happy with the room change and thank you very much for commenting on the quality of our staff. We take great pride in providing our guests with a memorable vacation experience; our friendly staff goes out of their way to ensure that our guests are satisfied.

Our hotel and rooms are currently being renovated. All rooms will now have flat screen tv´s, new modern furniture, etc... and the a/c capacity has been increased throughout the hotel.

If you happen to visit Cancun in the future, we hope you give us another chance to serve you and you can see for yourself all the wonderful changes we have and continue to do on a daily basis. Please contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Social Media Coordinator

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!