“Great Vacation Place, Even For Couples!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #75 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
Cleveland, ohio
“Great Vacation Place, Even For Couples!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband & I stayed here the first week of May. This being the start of the down season, we never had any problem with lines, the chairs game or any children.
The staff here is outstanding! We would only tip every few rounds & service was always GREAT! Yes, this is a good resort for couples too. There are plenty of adult areas, including at the main buffet. We got a great deal on an upgrade to the Crown Club with Orbitz, which we would highly recommend if you do not have children. You get all the bells & whistles for much less then at the 'all adult' resorts.

I would like to touch on some things others have not or not often & seem worth mentioning again.

Watch your steps though out the resort, as none of the steps are of the same height or width.

As for the hit & miss Welcome drinks, there as a table behind the bellboys desk at the entrance, this server also serves the lobby bar tables, just wait a minute & he will come over.

You can get a weekly 'activity' paper from any concierge.

All the rooms have doorbells, which we just thought was cute.

There is a card slot by the room door for the' maid service'/ 'do not disturb' sign, if you are using it while you are in the room you need to put your key card in the slot or you won't have lights in your bathroom. This is an energy saving device.

The lobby is not the same as the first floor. To get to the adult pool you need to take the elevator in the main lobby to the first floor. We had some trouble finding it.

The following tips are geared toward the Crown Club members.
Mimosa are severed in the adult lounge but not in the main buffet.

Do book your dinner reservations with the concierge in the adult lounge. Club members get one 'special' dinner & it is so worth it! Make sure to tell them you are booking for your 'special' dinner 24hrs. in advance.

If you want bottled water, instead of calling room service, you can also fill out the room service breakfast menu, in your room for just water & leave it in your frig. This is stocked daily as a separate service.

We have been to Cancun many times & we always stay in a different hotel but this was one we would consider returning to, it was that good, especially for the price! Too many reviewers dwell on a single negative issue & let it ruin their vacation, just enjoy!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
st. Joseph, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I visited the Crown Paradise may 2-9. I was not worried about the negative reviews that I read because it seems that there are always negative people who are impossible to make happy. My husband and I are easy to please and have been to several other all inclusives and never been disappointed. Unfortunately that was not the case on this vacation. BEWARE THE SEAFOOD RESTAURANT. My husband and i ate there our first evening at the Crown Paradise and both got horrible food poisoning. We were vomiting for the first 2 days of our vacation. When we asked management to see the hotel doctor free of charge( this is after finally tracking down a manager,after about 2 hours of getting nowhere with the front desk staff), we were told that there wasn't a way that we could prove that it was food poisoning, that they wouldn't do anything for us, and that we would have to pay $70 each to see the doctor. Needless to say this didn't make me very happy. It is unfortunate that the front desk and management have such horrible customer service, because it is the first and last impression that a guest receives. All of the other workers, waiters and maids..even down to the men cleaning up the seaweed on the beach, were wonderful! Their work ethic was amazing.. always smiling and happy to do anything to make you more comfortable. It's too bad that they all are working for a company that undoubtedly underpays them and ultimately doesn't care about its guests. I won't go into further detail about the resort..it was your average resort. Not amazing and not horrible. I would've said a 3 star if i hadn't been sick. My husband and I will not be returning to the Crown Paradise and can honestly not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

First to address the "watery" gaucamole...that is not guac...you have to order the guac, the stuff that looks like guac isn't:) Once ordered...it was the best guac ever!!! The Mexican restaurant was AMAZING...Steak at Wayne's Boots...well...skip it...it is tough...the sushi was very fresh and a very nice selection. French restaurant was good but SLOW!!! Yes the drinks must be watered down but if you are wanting to get drunk...either drink beer, shots or ask for topshelf doubles...everyone in our group of five got drunk one time or another...even when not trying...they will give you whatever you ask for. As for the rooms...we simply asked for a nice room when we checked in..1625 &1623...great views, clean rooms, good a/c. We did not upgrade and were perfectly happy. The gym equiptment that is nearest the windows is tired but the equiptment just behind it are like new...still great view..not a busy place:) Room service food was great just a little slow so order ahead. We were not hassled by the timeshare folks once we told them we were not interested. I have stayed in Cancun and Playa many times and this place was a great vacation spot at an affordable price. Yes, you can pay more and stay at the Royal but this was a great resort!!! One call to house keeping and anything you needed was provided..including the egg crates for the mattresses...there were a bit firm. The resort must not have been that busy as we never had a problem finding a beach chair and or beach cabana. The beach and ocean were amazing!!! Pools were nice, adult pool perfect with swim up bar. I am not a good writer so this is probably all over the place but I was so worried after reading terrible reviews and wanted normal people to know they did not make a bad choice. It was a great vacation for 5 ladies ages 24-40! Great vacation...oh the internet is like $15 per day but it was good and you could even use it on the beach! Don't hesitate to ask any questions:) Enjoy your trip and don't worry about the bad reviews...Also, you can email your dinner reservations ahead of time...we did and all of our requests were granted...oh the italian place was great too and the Sangria....Awesome! It is a ways from the main stuff but that is not really a bad thing. Also, the AquaMarine thing that is included is a shuttle ride away and we did the kayaks and hobie, it is not in the open ocean, the water is calm and peaceful. There is no beach there...just a dock but free and fun.

Room Tip: 1625 & 1623 are normal rate rooms and have great views! (6th floor) in the main bldg, two doubl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the crown paradise in April/may 2012 and we have had the best family holiday yet! I was very apprehensive and worried after reading the bad reviews but I can honestly say that I worried over nothing! On arrival we were given a glass of bucks fizz whilst checking in, this took 10 minutes max and the bell boys were right behind us with our luggage. We were very impressed. We had a room overlooking the ocean and the run down hotel next door, although I don't see why people would complain about this. When you have a view over mexico's hotel zone and a wonderful view of the carribean ocean why would you even look at the hotel next door? We were so surprised that we had so many swimming pools to choose from, they was something there for everyone. The kids loved the pools and the water park, we tried them all and they were all equally as good as the last. The buffet was good, the best meal we personally had there was the breakfast (ask for your bacon at the pancake station as they do not put it out) as with all buffets the evening meal did get a little 'samey' but with so many other restaurants and snack bars on site you certainly will find something you love! We tried all the restaurants except the French one (because it's adults only and we had two children with us) all the restaurants that we did try did amazing food. It was very tasty and was presented beautifully, you can go to these as much as you like. Making the reservation for these restaurants was not a problem as in other reviews I have read, my husband phoned at various times of the day and always got through and made a reservation for the time that we wanted. The room we had was lovely, very clean and modern, the bathroom was gorgeous. The room was cleaned daily by the maids, they did a fantastic job. There are pool side snack bars with loads of food and drinks on offer, kids loved it! The sushi snack bar was also good, it wa as nice treat having fried rice, noodles etc whenever we wanted. We used the room service for water and food, this was prompt. We didn't miss having a fridge in our room as you have an ice bucket and you can help yourself to ice from the ice machine by the lifts on your floor. We filled it up every night and had cold water all the time, bear in mind you are not in your room much and there are so many bars that you don't have to go far at all for a drink.
The hotel and it's grounds are very well kept and is so very clean. There are staff all around the hotel keeping up general cleanliness and upkeep which was refreshing to see.
There was no problem reserving sun beds, another thing I read! We sometimes reserved ours at 8 and sometimes not until 10 and we always had 4 beds together in a great spot.
The beach is stunning, the waves are rough so keep an eye on your little ones but we had fun jumping in them. There was a kids club but we didn't use this so I can't comment on its facilities. The entertainment team were fun and always had something going on. The shows in the evening were fab! Make sure you go and see them.
If you are going with Thomas cook uk your rep , Laura is fantastic....very attentive. Make sure you go to her welcome meeting.
To close we had a fantastic holiday and have got special memories. I was concerned by all the bad reviews buti can positively say that there was nothing at all to worry about. This hotel is great if you have a young family....... So much to do. The staff at this hotel have gone above and beyond anything I have ever known in any other resort, they clearly work hard and nothing is ever too much trouble. We are looking to book to go back so Sit back, relax and enjoy your holiday in this resort.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We chose the Crown Paradise because we were taking a family trip with our 12 and 7 year old children. We felt the resort was very family-oriented and affordable.

The good: The resort was decent sized and very clean and well-kept. The rooms were nice and clean (I upgraded to a room that had been remodeled, faced the pool/ocean, and had a bunk bed (just ask for what your want). The view of the ocean was amazing. There was plenty to do including the beach, pools, water slides, kids club, shows at night, mini-golf, and arcade area. The ocean was awesome. The first day the waves were a little rough, so we took the bus to Playa Tortuga (on our second day...which was very clear and calm), but the the ocean was calmer the rest of the week and we loved it. Every person I encountered on the staff was very helpful and friendly. No issues at all. The bar tenders and drinks were great overall. Very friendly and willing to accomodate whatever drink/strength you wanted. I tipped though.We took the bus to Playa Tortuga on our third day and took the ferry to Isla Mujeres and then rented a golf cart to drive to Garrafon where we snorkeled and relaxed. Very good time.

The bad:
The food. I never thought I'd say this because I'm not that picky, but the food could be improved. The food in the restaurants was of better quality, but the buttet could be improved. At the buffet, there was typically not anything I was very excited about. I managed with rice, pizza, pasta, stewed meat, and some mexican food. I felt they could offer some better/higher quality entrees. I'm not much into desserts, but the selection was limited with only one type of cookie the last few days we were there. The snack bar by the pool could be better as well. Pre-cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, and fries with watered-down ketchup.

Also, our room was on the 4th floor, but directly above the lobby bar. The bar was VERY loud until about 1:00 a.m., so you may want to ask for a room further from the lobby bar.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our trip, but think if the food was improved, the overall experience could be better Great value for your money!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in a honeymoon suite from March 10th thru the 15th. The room was absolutely beautiful with an out of this world balcony with a stunning ocean view. The space the large balcony provided, along with the inside accomodations made me feel like royalty! I highly recommend staying in one of these suites, or at least in a Crown Club room, because you get access to the adult lounge which has some great perks: breakfast in the morning, cocktails at night, free use of the internet, concierge service to help with restaurant reservations and printing off boarding passes for your return trip home, and I believe there is also an adult pool but we never looked into this because we preferred the amazing ocean-- blue, clear water with cool, soft sand to walk on. All I can say is WOW!! We have been to Hawaii and Puerto Rico and aside from Oahu's amazing sunsets, the beach area we were at in Cancun far surpassed either of these places.
Since I read many reviews before our trip of this hotel and I wrote one prior to going because of the amazing customer service I received from Lisa via e-mail, I felt it necessary to write a review once we returned from our trip based on my experience to address some of the comments I have read from other reviewers:
bedding: super comfortable and clean linens (We also got robes and slippers to wear as part of our package. You will need to request them, though, as they aren't already in your suite. The robes stay there at the end of your trip, but the slippers are yours to keep.)
safe: Ours had a keyless code to punch in, so no key needed or worry about losing it.
maid service: overall, pretty good. Tipping the maid each day, along with a note, did help to insure our mini-fridge was restocked with items we liked.
room service: Let me start off by saying, I have never seen anyone run so fast from the elevator all the way to the end of the long hallway to where our room was with a very large tray to try and get our food delivered in a timely manner!! However, the food was cold the three times we ordered from room service and the first time, they only brought one syrup for several pancakes and waffles. My hints for getting the most out of room service: order things that you don't mind at room temperature or cooler and take advantage of the door hanger where you can have room service there and ready for you each morning when you wake up-- even if it is just for coffee and juice. It is a nice perk and all at no extra charge.
Dinner reservations: We had no trouble making reservations as some had stated. We used email a week prior to our visit and made reservations for our first two nights. We then used the concierge in the adult lounge and made reservations for the rest of our stay. The only glitch was we didn't get to do the romantic French dinner because my boyfriend hadn't brought a shirt with a collar. :( When we arrived at the French restaurant, the hostess was very sweet, though, and quickly called and got us into the Mexican restaurant for that evening.)
Wayne's Boots: loved it!!! great atmosphere to just relax and enjoy a meal. My steaks were average but my boyfriend loved the steak burger he got the second time we ate there. (Yes, we went twice. It was that much fun!) ALL of the waiters were amazing!!!!
Mexican Restaurant: I didn't care much for the food, but the appetizers they brought us, including the "bread", was very good. My boyfriend liked his meal, and he is pretty picky.
Italian restaurant: average food (Ferde was a great waiter and even brought us a special drink from the bar to celebrate our last night there.)
"The Hut" (large buffet restaurant): There was always a large variety of food and ice cream. :) There was only one morning where there wasn't any bacon. Other than that, though, I think they did a very nice job trying to provide a large variety of food for such a large number of people on any given day.
Snackbar next to lounge area inside hotel: average food
Poolside Bar/food area: We never ate there, but food smelled and looked good. Their drinks were good. I always got two strawberry banana pina coladas. Yummy!! (I got this same drink at the hotel lounge bar on the main floor.)
Overall service when dining: The staff ALWAYS did their very best to provide good service and make things fun. I have NEVER seen people work so hard and be in such a good mood while doing it. I am amazed at the work ethic!!!!
Overall Rating of food: I was very happy most of the time with what was offered and the taste and temperature of the food. Honestly, I think the variety of all the restaurants and the buffet restaurant is amazing for being all-inclusive! I was afraid I would feel limited in my choices, but I never did. Of course, keep in mind, this isn't going to be five star dining (unless maybe the French restaurant is). If you like the basics with a few perks thrown in, you will be very happy with the food quality. And in my book, the amazing service made up for any food items that weren't quite up to par.
Cleanliness of hotel and grounds: Amazingly clean!!! I ALWAYS saw someone, no matter what time of day or night it was, cleaning and keeping things picked up. There are lots of birds outside and on the beach, but I never had an issue with bird droppings being in any area we were in. Every evening, someone was on the beach putting all the chairs back in order and cleaning them off, as well as at the pool area.
Vendors on beach: Yes, there were people walking along the beach selling various items, but they were NEVER pushy or in your face. I never once felt like I had to avoid them or that I was being hassled. The only time I felt any kind of pushy selling going on was when they had a flea market of sorts in the hotel on the main floor. They were pushy, but NEVER on the beach.
An "issue" we had that I can help you avoid based on what we learned: When we arrived at about 9 that night, our room safe had been shut and we couldn't reset it as the instructions said because it hadn't been left open. We needed that fixed, as well as our hammock lowered on our balcony and our tv was in Spanish and kept shutting off after ten minutes or so. We called the front desk, and they were great about sending someone up; however, after three different people had been up and over an hour later, we realized no one was working that could fix things. They were all nice, but limited English and just didn't know how to help. We took our valuables with us (which was a pain) and went and ate and had a drink, deciding to wait until morning to talk to front desk again. We talked to Alfredo at the front desk that morning, and he was wonderful!! He immediately sent "security" up to fix the safe and someone else to fix the hammock. They tried to fix the tv, but we had problems with it the entire stay. I didn't care about watching television, and my boyfriend for the most part, didn't either. He wanted to keep up with the news, though, so he was a bit irritated at times. I highly recommend talking to Alfredo and addressing any room concerns with the day shift is there, not because night staff isn't helpful; I just think they aren't as knowdegeable in some areas.
The BOOZE Cruise: Let me just say, if you (or someone you are with) doesn't drink, you really might want to think twice about going. It is meant to be a party for the most part with drinking games most of the time. We felt very awkward for the first thirty minutes because my boyfriend doesn't drink at all, and they were strongly suggesting that he should. At one point, I had to drink a shot because he wouldn't (when he forgot to clap which was a game rule at the time). However, did we end up having fun? Absolutely! Did I drink way more than I usually do? Absolutely! I am just cautioning you that if drinking games aren't your thing, you might want to steer clear. The lunch provided was very good, though. The staff was wonderful, as well. (even when they were pushing my boyfriend to drink, it was all in good fun.)
If you are vacationing on a special occasion, talk to the hotel prior to your stay. Lisa was wonderful in forwarding info. to the concierge that it was going to be my boyfriend's birthday when we arrived, and we were greeted with Happy Bday on our sliding doors and balloons and a birthday dessert written out specifically to my boyfriend. It was a great surprise for him!
We did tip-- waiters, room service, bartenders, maid service. We used American money.
We walked down the street and visited El Rey (Mayan ruins) for $4 each. (It would be a little cheaper if you pay in Pesos because it would be an exact charge. They round everything up to the nearest whole dollar when paying with American money.) It was money well spent and we could tour at our leisure. We did not do a big excursion because we didn't want to take up a whole day away from the ocean.
We hopped on a bus and toured the hotel zone. I think it was $2 each (It would be a little cheaper if you use Pesos because then you would pay an exact fare.), but I can't remember exactly. Caution: you need to know where you want off at because even if you tell the driver, he forgets and goes past. We ended up needing to backtrack twice because we didn't realize drivers had went past our destinations. The concierge can give you a map. (We found this out after the fact. lol)
The kids: We NEVER had a problem with kids being rowdy or messing things up. Even in the buffet area, they were well-behaved. Of course I am sure it helped that we were in the adult tower, but at all restaurants and beach areas and pools, I never saw a child creating a problem.
Pools/lawnchairs: Getting a lounge chair at the pool IS definitely a problem. We never got one except one time late in the day. BUT getting a lounge chair on the beach was NEVER a problem. We always found one and since we were there most of the time, I think that was pretty good given the number of people that were there.
CAUTION: When you arrive at the airport in Cancun, there are a lot of official-looking people that you think are going to help you with getting to your destination. They will even lie to you and tell you they are part of the company you have paid to shuttle you to your hotel to try and get you to buy a tour package that involves a timeshare presentation. We did not fall for this because our shuttle service had already cautioned us, but an older gentleman approached us and talked a good talk for a few minutes before I realized, "OH! This is what they were cautioning us about!" This man was part of a large group of offical-looking people who even had counters to stand behind IN THE AIRPORT as you are leaving. Don't be fooled!!
OVERALL: Our vacation was amazing!!!!! When we go back (and we will!!), we will definitely be staying in the same place in a honeymoon suite. I would go every year for our vacation but we can't stay in the honeymoon suite with a child and my son, age 13 at the time of our next trip, will be going along. I think we got an absolutely wonderful vacation at a great value on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen with a suite where I was pampered and made to feel like a V.I.P.!! (Yes, you wear a bracelet, but it does not bother you in the least and stays on securely throughout all the water activities.)
Thanks Lisa and all the wonderful staff at Crown Paradise for making our vacation such a special one!!! This was my best vacation ever!!! I can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Honeymoon Suite has the best perks for adults, including a jet tub on the balcony and a large hammoc...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Malton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have never written a review before but after reading some of the rubbish people put on here and make people like myself doubt weather they have made a good choice I thought I had better tell it as it really is.
From the beginning:-

Check In
It took us 10 mins max to check in. We were greeted by a Lady with lovely cold face cloths, which after 10 and half hours on a plane it was heaven. She also gave us a nice cold glass of Bucksfizz. We had to fill in a form which took 2 mins and were then given our rooms keys and towel cards. By the time we got up to our rooms our luggage was already there.

Sunbeds
It didnt matter what time of day we went down to any of the pools there was always plenty of sunbeds to choose from both in and out of the shade. Where people get the idea of needing to be out by 6am to get a bed is beyond me as we were never down before 9:30 and still had plenty to choose from both by the pool and on the beach.

The only let down here was the Mexican Restaurant. It was a little bit on the tastless side. The French, Itallian, Seafood and Waynes Boots were all fantastic and there was more than enough to choose from in the main Buffet. We had 2 very fussy eaters in our group and they both found plenty to eat everyday, which believe me can take some doing at the best of time!!
As for the reservation procedure we never once had a problem getting through or getting the Restaurant we wanted at the time we wanted, ok yes so from time to time you were put on hold but only for a few minutes, which to me is not bad considering the size of the place and how many people are wanting to get through.

Staff
All the staff were fantastic. They could not do enough for you regardless of weather you tipped them or not. They went out of their way to look after you, bringing you drink after drink and always with a smile. Isreal in the Buffet was very pleasant, taking time every morning at breakfast for a quick chat with you.
The Entertainment team were great. Very hard working and pleasant. They did not pester you to join in the activities if you didnt want to. Amber was great again taking time to chat to you.

Rooms
We stayed in the standard rooms, no complaints. We had 2 double beds in each room but 1 was more than big enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. The beds are slightly on the firm side but not hard as some people have stated in previous reviews. Our room was cleaned daily and we had more than enough towels for 2 of us. The soaps, shampoo, body lotion etc that was supplied by the resort were always replaced when they were running low. We had a view of the sea but also of the Hurricane damaged Hotel. Many people complained about this but we found it very interesting as you could see how things were just abandoned, what it probably used to look like when it was functional. Also the big Lizards that have moved in there were great to watch.

Overall
Sorry for going on but I think people need a true account after some of the reviews about this place. I think they must of stayed some where else!!
I would not hesitate to recommend Crown Paradise to anyone, both families and couples as they cater for all. Many people mentioned the amount of children there. For us there was no more children than what you would find in a regular sized hotel never mind somewhere the size of this place and if you dont like them there are plenty of Adult only Resorts to stay at!
I really hope we can return someday as it was 2 weeks of Paradise!

TIP- use higher factor suncream that normal if its your first time. I never burn but I did this time. The Suncare Ladys afersun lotion is also worth buying.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and never had trouble getting to sleep at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!