“Great time at the Crown” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Paradise Club Cancun

Save Saved
You added Crown Paradise Club Cancun to your Saves list
Crown Paradise Club Cancun
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd. Kukulkan Km 18.5 | Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #74 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
St. Albert, Canada
“Great time at the Crown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Just came home after 3 weeks at the Crown Paradise Club Cancun. Can not say enough great things about this hotel. Everyone was so friendly. Our room attendant Alicia always had a smile on her face, she could not have been any better. We had several animals made out of towels during our stay. The menu's have changed since our last visit and the food was just great, really enjoyed the new choices. The bartenders were great as well remembering what we drank after only a couple of orders. Karen, Monica and Korina at lobby bar always had a kind word.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with an ocean view. Please Canadian's don't tip with Lonnie's...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

we just returned from our trip. we were there from Feb 11th to Feb18th. i have nothing negative to say about this resort. we travelled with 3 kids, ages 7, 4 and 1.5. the older 2 loveddddddddd the kids club, they wanted to live there forever! even the baby club was really good.. the staff members are awesome. i was a bit apprehensive about leaving my baby with them, but after seeing the premises and the way the staff handled the kids, i was very comfortable leaving him. we even got to enjoy a nice quite dinner together with the kids busy and enjoying the in the kids/baby clubs.
overall, the food was good, the staff excellent, the beach was awesome. the rooms were nice and clean, the bed was also very comfy. we had an excellent time, we will definetly be going here again next year!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Me and my wife spent 2 weeks at Crown Paradise. Thanks to Lisa Juliot who helped us a lot before our trip she is a credit to this hotel. From the moment we entered a lobby we discovered extremely helpful staff. Bell boy took our luggages to our room. Checking in went smoothly. Bear in mind 6 hours difference from origin destination was annoying,however 3 a.m. local time I rang to room service asking for food and beer and everything have been delivered in 10 minutes. One bad thing is a room cleaner,no matter you tip them or not room is still untidy ( terrace as well ). We stayed at 2515 room with a jaccuzi in it adults only zone. Room was spacious but very humid,all clothes got strange smell. Beach was clean and nice but we did not like the fact that you must wake up at 6 a.m and book sunbeds otherwise no chance to get it. Same with swimming pools. People do not buy any local trips from a lobby or Thomas Cook as a man named Gino or Edvard sells them 35% cheaper on the beach. Example Xel Ha aqua park we got 50 USD cheaper. Best place to eat at this hotel is La Palapa buffet. Anyhow there is a great deal of different cuisines,restaurants you can choose from.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite.
barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We just got back early this morning and have nothing but good things to say. My kids ages 10 & 7 had an absolute blast - kept having to remind my daughter we were on a family vacation (she just wanted to play with all her new friends in the Kids' Club). I had been checking the reviews daily and was somewhat nervous about the neg reviews but was pleasantly surprised.
In my opinion - even if you can't get a reservation at the restaurants...show up anyways. My husband and I did this at the adult's only french restaurant and got in right away, and had the best meal of the vacation. It was fabulous. Our waiter was excellent and the food was hot and delicious.
The pools were great with lots of activities around the main pool. I am not a cold water swimmer and was in at least 2 times during the day. Some reviews said they were cold and I found them wonderfully refreshing and stayed in even to play water polo and volleyball. The ocean and beach are beautiful and very safe. The merchants also leave you alone if you aren't interested in what they are selling, compared to some places I've been where they are quite pushy. The red flags were up because of the dangerous currents in the water but it is quite shallow and the lifeguards and security are always watching out.
I cannot say enough about the kids club and staff - I am a very nervous person when it comes to leaving my kids with anyone and I felt totally safe and knew they were cared for at all times. They have a great system that works really well and they have so many activities for the kids. They genuinely care about them and actually play with them instead of just hovering over them. I wish the adults were allowed in the kids club water park - it just looks like so much fun.
The buffet was great and had lots of choice. No issues whatsoever with any of the food and I have a sensitive stomach.
We upgraded to a room with bunk beds for the kids - what the hell it's only $50 more per night and we're on vacation....soooooooooooo worth it with a fridge restocked daily with bottled water and pop etc. When we arrived in our room we were overlooking the abandoned hotel and when I asked to be moved we were in our new room within 10 minutes - excellent service. I do have one small tip for travellers - there are bugs wherever you go, it's a fact. We had a bug in our bathroom that I believe came up through the drain in the floor - a martini glass fits perfectly over the top of it. Problem solved. I also found the beds to be very comfortable.
Shows are amazing!!!!!
An excellent resort for an excellent price. A 3 hour flight, and only a 15 mins drive from the airport with tired kids and we were on the beach, drink in hand, relaxing. We couldn't have asked for more. Thanks to everyone.

Room Tip: We were in room 1130 - on the 1st floor (elevators are a bit slow) but just down a couple of flights...
New Westminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

First of all, my experience with all inclusive resorts is nil. However I have been traveling extensively in my life and have been accustomed to very high service and food quality travels. In my experience with this resort, It was a quality resort with some improvements needed. Like all hotels, resorts and cruises, customer feedback varies in all experiences. Everyone's tolerance and level of standards are inherently different based on what they deem is very poor, poor, indifferent, good, very good, excellent. Here are my comments for this resort:

Over all comments:

Our stay: Feb 11-18, 2012

Airport to Crown Paradise:
What a zoo! Try to get your bags and get our of that airport fast! Depending on who your service provider is (Ours was sunwing), they should be all waiting outside the airport! Avoid the time share people! They are like rabid animals trying to get a piece on fresh meat. Our transportation was great. Made it to the hotel in great time. Staff was informative and helpful.

Hotel itself:
Its about 21 years old, there are two towers, tower 1 is the older tower and tower 2 is the newer tower (12 years old with renos). The hotel itself on my experience has been kept very clean and the design of the hotel allows access to areas fairly easily. Very children friendly. The food selection and location of bars are good (Not great) with some variety. Its situated about 10-20 minutes (by bus/taxi) from downtown Cancun (party/ club) area. You shouldn't have to pay more than $10 USD for a taxi to downtown Cancun from the hotel.

The Rooms:
You do get what you pay for and my expectations was met. However, if you don't mind the noise than ask for lower floors otherwise ask for high floor rooms. There is a lot of echoing from the lobby as the design on the hotel is open. Ocean view is nice! We had views of the beach that stretched all the way to downtown Cancun. Room was decently clean. You can see the age of the rooms with all the fixes done. Otherwise, acceptable for what we paid for.

Restaurants/Food:
Great presentation for the most part. We enjoyed most of the food at each area! If you like Steaks and ribs, Wayne's boot is a must. If you like Italian, you will like La Pizza (Super yummy Veal chops!), For lunch or a snack, Fujiyama is great! The buffet takes care of the majority of other pleasures for your stomach. Late night snack? Lobby area grill. Burgers, steaks, fries, nachos... great for easing those stomachs filled with booze. They open till about 1:00am I think. A little blurry on time!

Kudos to Alfredo and Herbert at La Pizza. Check on us every so often and took care of us! Out of all the restaurant services provided to us, these two shined! They are they type of staff that will set the difference between good service and bad service for your hotel.

Pools/Beaches: Busy! People are literally placing their pool towels on the chairs at 7am to reserve their spot (even though there is no reserving allowed! Haha) Always activities happening. There is a nice adult pool/hot tubs with a swim up bar! Great bartenders there! much more quieter depending if a rowdy guest is there! They places are kept quiet clean! Every night they are scrubbing down the pool floors and washing them! Kudos for that!

Bars: Its open bar. Drink as you please! No further comment required. However the bar that opens the latest is the Trafalgar bar. They are open till 2:00am. Beware of the pool tables. They are uneven and are curved at certain points on the table! don't expect a perfect game! hahaha. But that doesn't matter when your drinking and playing!

Guest services:
A must! They are typically sitting next to the Mexican restaurant or standing by the elevators. They will provide you with almost all the information you need about your stay at Crown Paradise.

** If I was to recommend the person to talk to, it would be Oscar. He's one of the younger staff members of that team. I have to say, if I was a CEO or some sort of front of house manager, he would be the one I would have there! He was not only informative, but every time we saw him, he would check on us and make sure everything was good! He is honest and genuinely there to make sure your experience was a good one! He remembered us and
asked if we had done some of the things we asked about during our stay. I was impressed.** So look for Oscar! I hope the hotel recognizes his abilities! It will be a shame for the hotel to lose him to another company!

********************************************************************************************************************

Below are the negative contacts we experienced at the resort. Please don't think there were a lot of issues here based on how much I have written. I am just being detailed so that Crown Paradise can properly address the items we had negative experience with.

For guests: STOP FEEDING THOSE BIRDS!!!!!!!!! If you feed them, they will crap on you! or others! They will literally chase after you when you have food on the beach! Do not leave your food unattended unless you like Bird crap on your food or bird germs! They will eat off your plate! I don't think people would appreciate a flock of birds crapping on you while you sun bath and the guy next to you thinks its fun to feed them!

Room: I am not sure what the standard levels of service per room was. But I have heard some people got a little extra attention in their rooms when money was tipped to the in room cleaning staff. We tipped and didn't get anything special. so the choice is yours! My opinion is that there should be a standard in how you provide care and attention to your guests. Tipping is a great way to show your appreciation for the extra efforts shown. Not to get extra efforts! That was unfortunate.

*** Restaurant Reservations***: THE WORST! They literally pickup at 8am. Not even at 7:59am. This was one of the worst experience in service I have ever had. So this was what happened:

I started calling at 7:50am Feb 13th. (The day before our reservation as per management and policy) - Began calling and redialing #7808 for reservations. Kept calling until 8am and reservations picked up (exactly at 8:00am). I wanted to book San Souci for 7pm. They told me they were fully booked all the way to 8:40pm! The restaurant opens at 5:00pm. So I confirmed by telling me was that within seconds of picking up and opening for reservations, 3 hours and 40 minutes of this restaurant was booked solid till 8:40pm. The reservation
person said yes! they were LIARS! I placed my reservation at 8:40pm just so I do have a spot.

I proceeded to call operations and explained this situation to a person called Petire. She said she was going to look into this and call me back in two minutes. She never called back.

I proceeded to call operations again and they said they were going to speak with the supervisor at the restaurant. They put me on hold for a few minutes. Then without speaking to the original operator, I was passed right on back to reservation desk. They told me the next available time to book was 9:40pm. I explained to them how ridicules that I couldn't get my reservation by calling at literally seconds upon opening. She explained that there were 6 lines and that now 20-30 minutes later (No kidding) spots were filling up. I asked to be transferred to the duty manager. She said she couldn't and I had to go to the front desk. LIAR!

So i called operations for the 3rd time and asked to speak with the on duty Manager. Forgot his name. I explained my efforts to make a reservation and asked him how it was possible to be fully booked within seconds of picking up reservations. He agreed with me and said he will call the manager there and get back to me in 5 minutes. So about 8 minutes later, he calls back and tells me I have a 7:00pm reserved. Having already experienced such poor service, I decided to call back to reservation to confirm this. They confirmed my reservation at

7:00pm Feb 14. (Yes, its valentines! of course I went to this much trouble). Feb 14, myself and my friends arrive at the restaurant early and asked to be seated for our 7:00pm reservation. Surprise! We were not booked for 7:00pm. They never changed it and kept our 8:40pm. Of course, I was pretty upset already after going through all that trouble and yet they still couldn't do something so simple. But luckily the host girl there was accommodating and seated us regardless. That was the saving grace for that evening, otherwise I would have gone straight to management. Also, the restaurant was was never full the whole night and it took 4.5 hours to finish 4 dishes. Yes, 1 hour per dish was served!

So the moral of the story, If it doesn't make sense, you're probably right! Don't let it go because only you will lose! My words to crown paradise on this....don't let something so petty give your resort a bad name! Please look into revising your booking policy as it is very obvious there is some sort of preferential treatment based on your rooms. Don't want to speculate on that sort of service, but it is how we felt during that whole experience.

Beach: They need to do some sort of cleaning or beach raking in the crown paradise area of the beach! There are cigarette buts and garbage lingering on the beach area! maybe even sifting through some of the larger seashells broken on the sand. Not a pleasant experience stepping on them!

Pools: The adult pool decks needs better cleaning and maybe some better traction. A gentlemen was walking slowly, slipped and went flat on the ground. He said he was ok. But luckily the floor was cushioned and spongy.

Crown Paradise club (aka its not a time share!): Unless you are interested in getting 500 pesos or joining the Crown Paradise Club (Similar to time share concept). Then don't get involved. We were interested in getting 500 pesos to hear about this "Club". Of course we do our own travel plans and don't restrict ourselves to a company dictating where we go. But for some it might work for them. We didn't appreciate the highly scripted, Sarcastic and fake speeches provided to us during our time with those people. They will try to make it feel like this is the best option out there and there is no better choice. If you don't want to stay that long and hear the person ramble and play numbers for you, just say NO thank you. What surprised us was that the the sales person tried to pin it on our front of house information guy (who's name was also Oscar), for misleading us and telling us we were only there fora tour. He even wanted us to write it down on paper. WOW! I spoke with the supervisor Mario advising our displeasure and recommended that they would have
better responses if they addressed their target audience with same age group range. I felt like I was talking a sales person and not a human being. Everything was so scripted!

Over all:

Our experience with this resort was positive with some serious areas of improvement needed. I do recommend people to this resort taking into account of what I have mentioned above. I will return to this resort and hopefully all the areas of concern is no longer present by then.

Room Tip: Ask for Bottled water.....Higher floors.......
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

my boyfriend and i spent a week at CPC and we'd had a fine time. i had mixed feelings based on some of the reivews on tripadvisor, but we really had a good time. there are in deed a lot of children at CPC, and it is geared towards them, but we are in our mid to upper 20's and really didn't notice the kids too much. they must keep them pretty occupied during the day, and there is also an adult pool away from all the children - which we'd only taken advantage of twice. the only time we'd noticed the large amount of kids was when it rained - everyone was confined into a smaller area (and it was superbowl sunday so everyone was closer together watching).
the beach area here is just great and you can basically walk for miles and miles. it's just beautiful. also a lot of beach chairs for use.
i have no idea what some of these reviewers are saying / complaining about as far as the food goes at the specialty restaurants. i'm a picky eater and i had no problem finding things to eat, and they were good! and there is no was it was the same food that was on the buffet but presented differently... i'm not sure if they'd changed how they do meals at CPC, but we'd even commented during dinners that we had no idea what the complaints were about... we really enjoyed them. also, we had absolutely no problem in making dinner reservations, as a matter of fact we'd ate at a specialty restaurant every night of our stay. i'm not sure if it was due to the fact that we were in the club rooms, but we were never denied a restaurant or time, nor did we have any difficulty getting through on the phone to make the reservation - and we were told that they were at maximum capacity. if in the club rooms you can also make the reservation in person at the concierge desk in the adult bar on the 8th floor. we'd ate breakfast at the 8th floor adult only lounge/bar most mornings. the view from here is awesome. the staff here were extreemly friendly and helpful.
speaking of the club rooms, we were in the newer/upgraded building. we paid for the upgrade (through expedia i think it was like $100 more during booking) for the week. it may seem like a waste, but again, from hearing people disliking their room or not being able to make reservations, etc., we thought the upgrade seemed like a great investment. before arriving i'd emailed CPC requesting a room in the updated building and one higher up (as to avoid the noise others had commented about). we were on the 7th floor near the adult bar (8th floor) and it really was wonderful. we didn't hear any noise from... anything! we had a great view and the interior of the room was great as well. the furniature is all new/updated down to the light fixtures. everything looked new and crisp. there was plenty of space, even with the jaccuzi, for the bistro set and our other things. the bathroom was quite spacious as well, with a very large walk in shower, dual sinks, and toilet in a seperate room. there is also a safe that fit all of our valuable belongings, including an ipad. there was a mini fridge, stocked daily with water beer and soda - if you want more of one thing, or none of another item, simply tell them or write a note and leave it in the fridge. they staff are very helpful and understanding. we were expecting hard beds but there was an egg crate foam on our bed so it was very comfy. besides the welcome bottle of champagne, they had a small cake for our birthdays upon arrival in our room - we thought that was very thoughtful.
again, i can't say enough about the staff here. from the bartenders to the staff at the desk to the bell boy to the cleaning personnel. these guys really do work their butts off and try to make the best of your vacation. can't say enough about them. also ericka was extreemly helpful to us - we'd emailed multiple times regarding different questions prior to our arrival and she was over the top helpful. helped us find a place to watch the superbowl, our room request, and how we could travel to playa del carmen. everyone was so great!
this place is definitly geared towards families and children, but as i said, we are 20 somethings and really had a fun vacation.

Room Tip: make a request for the newer/updated tower. all rooms are ocean view. higher floors have better vi...
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel is amazing. The staff and beach are superb. Yes the food was a bit old after our 4th day but what buffet isn't. We ate at the Italian, Waynes Boots (western), and the French restaurant on Valentines day. It was our favourite. We upgraded to Crown Club room. Well worth it. Ate breakfast every morning at the club lounge on the 8th floor. Much less hectic then the central buffet. Loved the view of the ocean from our room. But most rooms are ocean view. Also if you are travelling as a couple the adult pool is away from the action and is a great place to hang out. Swim up bar is also nice. Can't say enough good things about this resort. For the money this place can't be beat. Wish we could have stayed another week.

Room Tip: Anything 6 floors and up are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Paradise Club Cancun? Share your experiences!