“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Cancun Resort & Villas

You added Omni Cancun Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 16.5 | Hotel Zone Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #55 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
NY
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

The view from our room was beautiful, tthe spa was amazing and the many pools were wonderful as the beach was closed to swimming the entire time that we were there. The mini-mart is right across the street and the bus stop into town is right outside. It's also not that far from El Rey the nearby ruins. Another wonderful thing about this hotel is that it does not attract the spring break crowd. The only negative is that you have to be aware of the high pressure time share folks down there - it's insane!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
sjbk, Director of Sales & Marketing at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this review, August 10, 2009
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience about your stay at our Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas. We appreciate your kind feedback and of course, will work hard to make sure that we work hard to enhance the overall experience of our guests.
The Mexican Government has authorized the beach recuperation project in conjunction with our local authorities, which will begin at the end of August. This master plan will enlarge the current beach area in front of the resort and enhance it, so it will be easier for our guests to have access into the beautiful turquoise waters, when swimming conditions are favorable.
On behalf of all our fellow Associates at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back home again soon.
Scott Balesteri
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (835)
white plains new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

a wonderful trip , a great place to stay , the staff was so friendly , helpful , accomadating . i was there with my 2 20 year old boys and there girl friends we all had the best time , the food was great , i cant wait to go back .

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

My boyfriend and our 15 month old stayed for 6 days and 5 nights. The staff was great, the hotel was impeccable, the pools were lots and lots of fun....not to mention the pool bar and its staff. The beach was beautiful but we were disappointed that we couldn't get in the beach because of all the rocks. By the 4th day our vacation turned a bit boring; our days consisted of breakfast, pool & drinks, lunch, pool and dinner. Also, the food was just "ok". There really wasn't much to do. We spent lots of time in our room. However, we did take advantage one night of the babysitting services the hotel offered and hit the bars. I was a bit apprehensive but luckily the woman who came to our room was phenomenal. She was friendly, on time, and very professional. I would totally recommend this service to anyone.
In conclusion, we did have a good time but were expecting more.

Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

HOTEL: My husband and I stayed at Omni from July 17-21. I booked this hotel through priceline at $75. This gave us a lagoon view room. I was unhappy with the view when we arrived because I wanted the sound of the ocean not the streets and lights of Cancun and the staff quickly upgraded our room to oceanview for $40 per day extra, but it was so worth it. We instantly loved our view overlooking the pools and the beautiful blue ocean.We did not do the all inclusive which was $75 per person per day for a 3 day minimum or $110 per person per day if we did it two days. You can only do the all inclusive from when you start it through your day of departure. Since my husband and I only planned to be around the hotel the first two days, we decided not to do it and did not regret it. We ate at Pina Coladas twice for lunch and loved it. The prices were very reasonable. We had wanted to eat there for breakfast, but it was not open for breakfast the days we were there. We ate at the breakfast buffet one morning and that was a big mistake. It was $20 and low quality food. Instead, make sure you sign up for Omni Hotel Select Guest program when you arrive at the hotel. It is free and it gives you a complimentary beverage every morning as room service (the coffee is excellent) and cheap rates for a few breakfast items. We would then start our morning drinking coffee and enjoying our balcony view. The membership also gives you free internet, but the connection did not always work in the rooms. If you need any help, ask the concierge Jesus. He was awesome. The woman was very nice and helpful too. They will give you a detailed map of the hotel district and a restaurant guide. They will tell you exactly how to get to where you are going and even make reservations if needed. Kuku Bar down by the water has happy hour (1/2 priced drinks from 3-5, but check the times when you are there. The swim up pool bar where they play volleyball does not have a happy hour. The drinks were $6 each. I think the bar in the hotel had a happy hour from 4-6) The room doors had about two inch gaps which I imagine is from the remodeling from carpet to marble floors. The hallways were very noisy. Do not get a room near the elevator. The staff would come at the most odd times so we would just leave the do not disturb sign on our door when we were in there. Also, you could hear chairs being moved around in rooms near you from the echoes through the marble floors. The air conditioning was definitely not up to what I enjoy. We keep our house at 70 at home. The air seemed to be humid. Make sure you know how to convert to celsius so you can adjust your thermostat to your temp. Do this as soon as you arrive so it has time to adjust.

GETTING AROUND: If you have ever been to Vegas that is how it felt with walking. Things seem a lot closer than they are. Maybe a different time of year would be different, but we felt it was way too hot and humid to walk very far. We took the bus R1 everywhere we needed to go on the hotel district. You can take any of the buses, but R1 seemed to be more tourist friendly. It is 7 pesos per person each way. This is about 50-70 cents per person. The hotel will change your money for you at the front desk. We arranged the airport transportation Cancun Shuttle through the airport's website and it worked out great. They were there for us when we arrived and picked us up on the day we departed from the hotel and we had plenty of time to check-in. We think that renting a car would also have been nice to get around since everywhere seemed to be free parking.

WHAT WE DID:
1st Day: They let us check in early. We ate at Pina Coladas for lunch and enjoyed the pool. That night we took the bus to Kukulcan Plaza (very nice indoor mall) and then walked to La Isla shopping mall (outdoor mall) and walked around. We ate dinner at a random place by the aquarium and it was decent Mexican food but great drinks. Your table overlooks the lagoon and dolphin tank. I forgot the name but it had lime in the name.

2nd Day: We were at the hotel all day enjoying the pool and beach. I had very low expectations of the beach after reading reviews, but it was actually very nice and some non rocky areas. We loved laying under the hut on the beach during the extreme heat of the day. The pool was nice but the kids would make it a little crowded at times. It would be great to have an adult pool. We ate at Pina Coladas again for lunch and we made reservations at La Habichuela Sunset for dinner and loved it. It was very romantic. Our total with appetizer, entree, and dessert was around $80.

3rd Day: We took R1 to Playa Tortugas (this is the other end of the hotel district, make sure you tell your bus driver so he can help you get off...we almost got off at the wrong spot but the driver stopped us.) We took the ferry over to Isla Mujeras. It was $15 round trip per person. There are many ferry times every hour to chose from. Plan to leave the hotel 45 minutes prior to your ferry time to allow you time to get there. Don't forget your dremamine ;). Once we got to the island we rented a golf cart. It is directly across the street from the ferry. It was $40 USD to rent it for the day. It was gas powered and best deal of the trip. The island is so hot that the golf cart gives you shade, breeze, and speed. It allowed us to go all around the island. It takes about 1 hour round trip to go all the way around the island. We did this a couple of times. It also takes you to some beautiful places you would not see otherwise. There is a drive through golf cart stop to get drinks. Sodas and beers were less than 12 pesos ($1). When we got back to the hotel district we went to dinner at Hacienda Sisal. This mexican restaurant is right next to Kukulcan plaza and it was incredible. This was the best food we ate the entire trip. It was around $65 USD including drinks and so worth it. The table side guacamole was great.

4th Day: We had booked a trip with Selvatica Ziplining before we came to Cancun. It was $90USD per person. This price included transportation from your hotel, ziplining, lunch, and a swim in a beautiful refreshing cenote. http://www.selvatica.com.mx/extreme_canopy_adventure.html This was the best thing we did during our visit and the guides were awesome and very entertaining. Make sure you reserve early as this is a very popular thing to do and they fill up fast. We did the mid morning and the timing was great. It was just getting a little too hot on the ziplines so I could imagine the early morning would be even nicer. Definitely the later times would be too hot this time of year. That night for dinner we went to El Mortero down by Carlos and Charlies. They had a poor selection of food on the menu in our opinions but the mariachi band made up for it. The band was so much fun to listen to.

5th Day: We enjoyed our last morning of room service and our shuttle picked us up at 10:15 for our 1:15 flight home. Check out was very easy.

Hope this review helped you plan your trip. We loved our trip. We wouldn't stay at Omni again as there were some other hotels we thought were nicer, but I think Cancun was a one time trip for us. It was very relaxing and the perfect amount of days. It was very hot. Wear strong sunscreen as my husband had SPF 50 on and he still got a little burned and he reapplied throughout the day.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
dfw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

the onmi hotel and villas has a 5 star feel with a family friendly attitude. the only hotel where you can have lunch in a restaurant with your feet in the sand. the service is always superb and pleasant. we have visted many times and the service gets better ever time. the villas are three story, each with a wonderful view of the light blue ocean three bedrooms, 4 baths, full kitchen dinning room and living room . some like the west coast where you really can not enjoy the swimming(my opinion) like in cancun, but once you feel the water and the slow roll of the waves in the ocean you will be hooked. ask for Enrique in the pina colada he will treat you like family.

Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I came home from a fabulous week in Cancun last night. Oh, how I wish I was still waking up in my beautiful ocean view room! Everything at the Omni was incredible. The weather, while VERY humid, was perfect. Families had daily entertainment for their children, who were lovingly looked after by hotel staff and not running wild around the property. The more I age, the more I appreciate this. The evening entertainment was appropriate for all ages. I was on the all-inclusive plan. And all was included. The waiters know their guests well and provide everything we could want- with a smile. Did I mention the guacamole they'd bring me?? And the chips aren't salty, so you can really taste the salsas. While the drinks were included, I think there's nothing worse than having to drink to offset salt. The Omni's rooms were spotlessly cleaned, and from check in to check out, the hotel staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The concierge desk was always available. (Thank yous go out to Monica and Jesus for their smiles, help and humor!) While I traveled by myself, I never felt alone, and was always safe. Shopping was on site or just down the road. Yes, my vacation was exactly what I set out for it to be. Relaxing. Thank you Omni, Cancun, I'll return- and hopefully, soon!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

My husband and I arrived at the Omni hotel in Cancun on June 18th. We were greeted right away and had someone get Jesus
promptly after we arrived. After we were taken to our room and given some time to refresh ourselves, we met with Jesus
to discuss our wedding details. He showed us where everything was going to take place and explained to us how and when
everything was going to work. Jesus answered all of our questions and showed us the location we would use in case of bad
weather. Following the tour, he escorted us to his office where we went over the contract and exchanged funds. He was
very patient and accommadating. On the day of the wedding, Jesus made sure that everything was on schedule and running
smoothly. Being the bride, I had heard stories of women that were running around crazy having to make sure that things
got done, but I was able to relax and spend time with my family prior to the wedding ceremony. My husband spent most of
the morning hanging out with his friends and family by the pool. The flowers that I had choosen were identical to the
pictures that I had sent Jesus, and look goregous. When the ceremony was about the start, Jesus called up
to my room to let me know that it was time to begin, and I proceeded to head down to the terrace. The site was set up
beautifully and exceeded myexpectations. The ceremony went smoothly, as did the pictures and the cocktail hour. Jesus
had set up dinner reservations at one of the nice hotel restaurants, and the entire wedding party and guests were able
to sit down together for dinner. The food and service were remarkable! The whole day was absolutely perfect, and the
pictures that we received are proof of the wonderful job Jesus did in addition to the spectacular time that we had!

Sincerly,