“Fun girls trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas

Save Saved
You added Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas to your Saves list
Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 16.5 | Hotel Zone Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #61 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Louisiana
“Fun girls trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first time in Cancun. I went with a few of my girlfriends for a girls getaway. We had a blast! The beds weren't very comfortable and there isn't a lot when it comes to nightlife at the Omni but we still had a fun time. The three of us stayed in an ocean suite room. The staff are wonderful. If you're planning on eating at Da Vinci be sure to make your reservations right after you check in. The sushi place wasn't very good. The girls and I LOVED Viva Mexico's food. I also enjoyed the ceviche they had at the buffet. I'd recommend Pina Colada. The girls and I wished we found this gem for breakfast sooner as it is a beach side restaurant. We ate breakfast here on our last day. The beach was definitely the highlight of my trip. The water is so beautiful and clear. The only thing I have to complain about is that on the 2nd night we came back from the beach and our room was not cleaned. We didn't have any fresh towels so we called the front desk. About 10 mins later someone was sent up. Overall, great trip. Can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Definitely opt for an ocean side suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I definitely would refer anyone, couples or full families, to the Omni. I went last summer (2012) with some friends of mine who all had younger kids and the hotel was very accommodating. There are several pools all over that are not too deep for the kids, but deep enough for adults as well. The kids and adults all loved it. I loved it so much that when my own family, parents and boyfriend, decided to go to Cancun this summer I chose the same hotel.

Choosing this hotel for the second time means a lot considering how picky my step dad is. Because he believes he is a king... I was a little nervous as to how he would like it, but he LOVED it. I'm not sure he has loved any hotel we've been to before!

The food and drinks are all-inclusive which is awesome, but on top of that it's delicious as well. Room service is pretty fast, and the staff overall is very nice. Nicer than they really need to be. The first trip I went on I stayed in my own room with one friend, I think we got the cheapest kind- it was super nice. This time we all stayed in a villa and oh goodness was it nice! HUGE. And very very nice!

Andres "Gorgeous" was our server at the main buffet/dinner area every night. Although we really wanted to be eating tacos on the beach, we couldn't help but make it back to the same place for dinner every night because his service was so good. He offered us alternative meals, recommended drinks, and even helped carry our plates to our seats! The night he wasn't there, he had his brother fill in, who was also very nice! We loved Andres!

Cancun is overall the spot to be- the white sands, turquoise-clear waters, and endless excursions made both of my trips very enjoyable, especially for the price. You should also be sure to check out Xplor which is a "natural theme park" as I like to call it, where you can zip line, swim in caves, and ride atv's through the forest. Also check out deep sea fishing, and visit Isla Mujeres. I think I just might have to make it back again next summer!

Room Tip: I have had the basic and the villas... both are nice...Villas are outstanding but also pricier.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Omni Cancun in a 3 bedroom villa from 7/4/13 - 713/13 and were very impressed. Having stayed at several all-inclusive suites in Cancun over the years I would have to say this is my favorite. There were a few minor issues with the fabulous villa we originally checked into but Francisco at the front desk moved us after one night into a beachfront equally awesome villa. If you need more than one bedroom this is the way to go. Full kitchen, dining room, living room, 3 bedrooms all with full baths and an additional 1/2 bath on the main level. The food was by far superior to the other all-inclusives we have visited even though you are limited on the number of visits to Da Vinci and Deva. Other limitations include room service - 1 breakfast, lunch and dinner per person per day - but who plans on staying in their room and eating all day? Wi-fi is also limited to the # of free codes they provide to you (and can not be switched from device to device) but I believe wi-fi is completely free in the business center. The employees at the Omni impressed me more than anything. Everyone is genuinely friendly and will go waaaaay above and beyond to provide you whatever you desire. Miquel and Jessie in the pool area are the absolute best! Ask Miquel to make you some mango tea - mmmm. There is a childrens "club" which we did not utilize but it looked as if they had various activities all day for the kids and a very nice indoor area with video games, etc. The sushi was extraordinary and you don't even have to get up out of your poolside lounge chair - they will bring it right to you! There is a gym, a spa and nightly entertainment also as well as a OXXO (convenience store) right across the street. This is a great place whether you are a couple, family or just with a group of friends!

Room Tip: Villas are definitely worth the cost if you need more than 1 bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The moment we walked into the hotel the staff greeted us immediately and took our bags. We went to the concierge staff and they put on our all inclusive wrist bands and told us you can go eat or play until your roomed was cleaned. For lunch we tried the 3 snack bars. Viva Mexico's food is awesome and taste like authentic Mexican food, the sushi bar was really good and introduced me to now one of my favorite seafood dishes, and the pool grill which had some really good wings. The beach was awesome and beautiful and has crystal clear water and excellent swimming water. Our room had good beds and was clean, and had a refrigerator that had soda in it which was refilled every day. For dinner that night, we went to the buffet called la Paloma. Every night they have a different category of food and that night was carribean. The food was awesome and delicious. The rest of the nights we are there it good but not as good as our first night. Their breakfast is really good to with an omelette bar and their lunch is fantastic. The beach side restaraunt , Piña Colada had a excellent breakfast, a good seafood lunch, and when they turned into Deva, the fried ice cream and short ribs was awesome. Overall, the food and drinks was awesome. The service at the hotel was very good except the vacation club staff. One of them followed us all the way out of the hotel to ask us to join. The room itself could be a little bit bigger, and the hotel should get more renovation. The pool was nice and the jacuzzi was cool. Some of the really good staff members were Jorge at la Paloma, Jesus the concierge, Carlos at La Paloma, and Consuelo at the beach who ordered drinks. Overall this was a awesome hotel and I would recommend it for families but not you all nighters since everything at the hotel closes at 10pm.

• Stayed July 2013
Haymarket, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel was really great. Don't spend the extra money on an ocean view, the lagoon is just as good. Food was way better than what we had at Dominican Rep. Also,didn't make us ill. One down fall was the resort wasn't as big as we thought. Staff was very accommodating. Two staff members that really made the trip even betterwere Ando and Jose Martiniano. Make sure to find them :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the omni at the end of june. The hotel is amazing and the food was fab. Da vinci's especially you do have to book and dress up but its worth it! The entertainment staff elliot and marco especially were good we went to a few clubs with them and they looked after us really well! Brilliant holiday would definitely go back :)

• Stayed June 2013
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were at the Omni for the first time April 17-Apr 25th, 2013.There were 3 couples. For 2 couples it was our 1st time to the Omni. The other couple, their 2nd time. We had heard wonderful reviews from other relatives that had been here, several times before.
Good points:
Hotel inside & out: staff worked hard to keep all areas clean, they were always working!
Food: Paloma buffett, Pina Colada, Pool Grill, Sushi Bar, Viva Mexico, La Trattoria- great choices to pick from, food was excellent at all areas.
Pools: loved them! only problem was not enough cabanas, more is needed by the pools.
Staff: all staff work so hard to make sure you have everything you need. We found them the best part of the trip.
Best service: the Paloma Dinner Team: Luis burgos, Miguel Mazun, Jose Couoff, Andres Vazquez and Frederic (not sure of his last name) These staff went above and beyond making sure you enjoyed the meals and if the buffett didn't have what you wanted, they would get it for you. We cannot say enough good things about the staff here at the Omni.
Rooms: housekeeping staff kept them very clean, the fridges were stocked daily. Beds were comfortable.

Bad Points:
Da Vinci restaurant, we found since its very hot and humid, they expected the men to wear full pants, closed shoes, and full dress shirts. This is a resort, maybe they should allow walking shorts, open sandals, short sleeve shirts instead.They turned many people away at the door and these same people had booked reservations, we were not impressed by that. So next year, we will not even bother going to Da Vinci just because of that.
- Please put more cabanas by the pools and by the beach area, it gets too hot to sit out there in the sun and there isn't much shade by the pool areas
-more lighting by the sink area
-when you book online and ask for a king size, you should get it when you check in, instead of having to wait for one.
Overall we were all pleased with the hotel and staff and we will be going back next April!! Can't wait!

Room Tip: Rooms on the habitciones side are nicer as they open up to the courtyard and pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!