“May vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas to your Saves list
Expedia.com Agoda.com
Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 16.5 | Hotel Zone Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #85 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Patten, Maine
“May vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I know some ppl have givin this a bad review but I can't say that. We stayed for 7 days in May and found it very nice. The food in the main lounge is fine and a bit tiresome after a few days. The grill at the first pool is very good as well as the beach restaurant. The sushi bar seems to be good also (that's if you like it). And the Mexican grill is good. It's nice to have choices. The evening entertainment needs work, it seems like the same thing just different costumes. The day time entertainment needs different management. Same stuff different day. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that teens, adults get sick of the same bingo, tv trivia (that goes on way too long) and music trivia is boring. If you want to stay with cancun reputation then I think you need to work on this part of your promotions! Other then that, it was great. Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Ocean view is a plus so request that if you can. Also, Internet is an additional 15 a day however if you go online to omni cancun web page, you can sign up for their royalty club ( free of charge) and you will get Internet free with your royalty number!

Room Tip: Ocean view. Higher rooms are quieter.

2,691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm back from Cancun and I stay at this occasion at two different resorts one of them the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, the location of this beautiful resort is privileged because it is one side of the Museum of Anthropology.

This hotel is very simple but great tradition in Cancun is very clean and very welcoming, the reception is very small but the service is to great. Especially ARMANDO, ALEJANDRO AND SINDIA. They are very nice and kind since I got there, They smile all the time when I made ​​my check I felt so welcome. I was assigned a room overlooking the lake, but I was offered an upgrade to a room with ocean view for 45 dollars including taxes. My room very cozy, very clean and best view.

The beach is spectacular, clean pools and spectacular animation team, with them went to Cocobongo and thanks to Charly for his attention all the time.
The Restaurants of the best I've seen, I loved the food is varied and freshly prepared at the time. La Paloma Restaurant unique, and the service of the waiters ... the best especially Andres Vazquez Ham and Captain René offers a world class service. The other restaurants are worth but La Paloma my favorite.

Finally if you are looking for a clean hotel, good value and above all with a nice beach this is the place.
I
will going to be Back in July because this place is worth it and I appreciate the special attentions of SOL MORALES and shift manager JAVIER RUIEZ Thanks a lot for the excellent services.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fabulous! I couldn't believe there were any bad reviews about the staff or the food. The staff bent over backwards to serve us and after they served you one night they always remembered you with a smile the next. We were really surprised how good the buffet food was, we had heard good things about Deva and Di Vinci's and they were also right on. The service at Di Vinci's was outstanding. The beach and water were beautiful and relaxing. A special shout out to Andres for great service and our flaming drinks on our last night at La Paloma! Can wait go back. After all of that I will say we didn't like the "vacation club" representatives in the lobby, but I still highly recommend the Omni!!

• Stayed May 2013
Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is very clean and good for all ages with activities for everyone. The entertainment staff, Charly, Elliot, Marco and Alejandra are very knowledge about the happenings around downtown. They have activities going all day long at the pool area such as bingo, trivia, yoga, wáter sports, and beach volleyball.They play up beat and fun music all day and will play certain genre upon request. The rooms are decent size with the sink in a separate área making getting ready easy for multiple people. The waitstaff is very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The bartenders are execellent and willing to make up drinks to suit your taste, At night if you stay in the lobby is the place to be with a band playing most nights, Everything closes at 6 except the restuarants and lobby bar so plan accordingly. The shows are at 8 every night.

Room Tip: Whether you get a lagoon or ocean view room doesn´t matter the view is excellent with the sunset on...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Omni for 7 days with my family which consisted of my bf and 3 year old son in august 2012. I must say that the staff works very hard and should be recognized for that, we mainly hung around the kiddie pool since we had the little one and he had a blast. The waiters were always present and helpful while out there. We didn't go into the ocean because the water was rough at that time, but the water looked stunning all the same. My only critique would be the food, very bland. The only dinner i truly enjoyed was Asian night the food was really delicious.

• Stayed August 2012
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We went back to Cancun, Mexico and stayed at the same resort, which is the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, but this time we rented an ocean view room. The view was amazing! Beautiful! I paid a little more attention to things this time and what I realized is... the beds that we had in our room were a little on the hard side. Sleepable though. I looked at the mattress so I could report it on Trip Advisor for people. What I seen was that the mattress is a regular mattress with a lite pillow top on both top and bottom. The standard pillows you get in the room are okay. When sleeping on them they seem a little like pancakes. What I read on there website before we left is... you can get down filled pillows upon request. What else....the room was clean. There's ample storage for your belongings. Having an iron and ironing board in the room was nice. I liked that they stock your fridge every day of beverages(beer, pop, and bottled water) free of charge. I thought that the room would come with a small blow dryer but to my surprise it come with a modern, standard size. It even was an ionic blow dryer. To a women this matters :D The television in the room is a flat screen. There is English speaking channels for adults and English speaking 'Cartoon Network' channel for kids. If a person wanted they could bring a DVD player and/or game console and hook it up. There is entertainment every night for guests. The entertainment staff either puts on a show with dancers or they play trivia games for prizes or shots! :D It was fun and funny! The hotel has a laundry service on site(where they do your laundry). I've personally never used it but last year my uncle looked into it. After he did the figuring, it worked out that it was basically going to cost him $30.00 for every load he got done. That's a little steep in my books. So, I made sure this trip, that we had clean clothes to wear for each day we were there. I looked into hiring a photographer before we left. I wish I knew about this last year when me and some of my family members all went, but there is professional photographers for hire on site. We hired them this trip and there work is amazing! I wouldn't accept there price they give you because its' high. I would barter with them and get them down in price. Another way to get a discount off photo's is go listen to what the vacation club representatives have to say. You have nothing to loose and there's no pressure. That's what we did, and when you do, you get $100.00 USD voucher to use on something that the hotel offers. We used it on our photo's. We didn't get them to make prints for us because then it would of been more expensive for the pictures. We got the photographers to put the pictures on a disc and got prints made up when we got back. So, for the price we paid, we got 101 photo's, plus a slide show with music and everything. We paid $300.00 USD and it was worth every penny. I'm glad we did it :) Another thing that I thought was good in regards to the photo's is...if something happens to them on your way home, they keep them on file for five days after you leave, so you can get them back or you can go onto there website and re-download them. Another thing that I would advise is... if your cell phone won't work there, like my wouldn't, even though it was set up to, go to the convince store in the hotel and buy a phone card that's usable in Mexico. Way simpler! If you make direct phone calls from your room, its' like 91 cents per/minute. If you call 1-800 numbers from your room, your room is still charged. Even though its' a toll-free number. What they do is, charge you a connection fee. If your credit card will work with them, the hotel has specific phones for making phone calls, where you can charge it to your credit card. It would of been nice, but my credit card unfortunately, wouldn't work on them. Even though, I had my card set up to use while we were in Mexico. If you stay at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, you have to go and try out one of the restaurants called, 'Viva Mexico', for lunch or dinner/supper. There food is good!! Another good restaurant there for breakfast or lunch is the ' Pina Colada'. After 5:00 P.M, its' fine dinning. We fine dined there. The food is awesome but it didn't seem like fine dinning to me. For that experience, I would definitely book at the 'Da Vinci'. This restaurant, at the hotel, is really good too, for all 3 meals. Its' name is, 'La Poma'. They have a great variety of food. What I liked the most about it is, they have a different theme, every night of the week. Where they cook different foods, from different cultures, every evening. The service there, is excellent too! There's a 'Sushi Bar' there too but out of the two times I've stayed there, I haven't ate there. Based on the amount of people I seen eating there, it can't be to bad. I've walked quite a distance, both directions, down the beach, from the Omni, and I'd honestly say that the Omni has one of the best spots on the beach. There area is clean. The only thing it lacked a little of is 'Tiki' huts and lawn chairs. I thought it was pretty cool that servers bring you drinks and food right out on the beach where ever you are sitting! How awesome it is that! I wouldn't be afraid to recommend this resort to other people. Especially, families. I find this resort to be quiet, even though there's singles or a moderate amount of young people and I find it safe.

Room Tip: If your wanting a good ocean view, request a room at the back of the hotel on at least the 6th floor...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I leave tomorrow and watching my last sun set from room, had a fantastic stay, the beach is gorgeous, staff are all really friendly and excellent service, all the food is great especially De Vinci.
Rooms are really good and nice balcony, cannot fault anything.
Useful tips I would give are join Omni club online before you go and get free wifi for your stay, they have a aqua centre tour desk in hotel which is good for booking diving if you like this, we did a cavern dive which was great and jungle tour, gave us 20percent of booking 2.
Also booked whale share tour online eco colours, save 15percent, and really great tour and great team

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!