“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Cancun Resort & Villas

You added Omni Cancun Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Kukulcan Km 16.5 | Hotel Zone Cancun, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #55 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Republic, MO
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I spent our Honeymoon here in October and stayed for 6 days. Overall, we felt the hotel was very nice and had a great beach. I'll point out some positives and negatives below.

Positives:
The Beach was tremendous. Very large beach, nice sand, and very nice water. No rocks to avoid as you enter the beach, just sand and clear blue water. One of the best beaches we've been to. The Swim up Jacuzzi bar was also a huge positive as we spent a lot of time there! Very nice and comfortable. The Pool Bar was excellent quality, we actually wish we had eaten there a lot more. The drinks were great, all the bartenders did a good job and were very friendly. The service on the beach was great too, they'd even bring snacks like Nachos, Hot Dogs, Burgers, etc right to you on the beach if you asked. The resort was very clean, inside and out. We stayed on the lagoon side, but could still see the ocean from our balcony. We got to see the sunset from our balcony, and still had the pleasure of hearing and seeing the beach. We stayed in room 1817.

Some areas for improvement:
Although the service was great, we informed them it was our Honeymoon and thought they might do something special like leave a champagne bottle or anything in our room, but nothing. I know other hotels do this, and it could help them out here. Another area for improvement is the bathroom in the room. We last stayed at The Royal earlier this year, and the shower was a huge tile walk in shower that was awesome. This shower is just a tub with a curtain, nothing fancy at all, and I definitely think that a resort that is trying to be 5 stars needs to have better in-room accomodations. Also, the bed was tad uncomfortable...nothing we couldn't deal with, but still a very hard mattress. We got the All-Inclusive package, but for some reason it didn't include DaVinci's restaurant, which we weren't informed of until we got there. I don't like being misled, and I feel I was here. We ended up just eating the buffet or the pool bar, but would have like to try Davinci's. When making your reservation, make sure that this restaurant is included.

All in all, it was a very nice hotel, but with some minor improvements I think this place could be a 5 star hotel. I'd definitely recommend traveling in October as well. The Hotel was not nearly full and there was always room at the beach, pools, jacuzzi's, restaurants. Very spacious.

Room Tip: Stay high in the hotel, the higher the better. Don't take a lower level room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I will preface this review by saying that I'm not sure that this was my first experience with an all-inclusive and with Cancun, and I learned that both things aren't quite for me. But I'm going to review the resort based on the resort itself, and not the city or the all-inclusive experience.

RESORT: The beach in front of the resort was really nice, as were the little thatched umbrellas. The beach chairs were a bit uncomfortable, but not terrible. The resort itself was nice, though possibly starting to show its age. We stayed in a 3-bedroom villa, which was beachfront and really turned out to be a great option for us. It's very spacious. One thing I was disappointed about was the wifi service - we had signed up for the free wifi, but it was very spotty in our villa. We had no signal on the 3rd floor of the building or even on the patio.

FOOD: There are a few restaurants on site, and the only thing that was frustrating was that there's about an hour or so each day (between 5 and 6) where all restaurants are closed. I echo some of the previous reviews that said the food was just okay. I'd compare it to dorm food, although there were a few nights at La Paloma (the buffet-style restaurant) that I really liked, such as Italian Night. We ate 1 time at Da Vinci's, and I was pretty disappointed. The other travelers I was with said that the alcoholic drinks at the resort were pretty weak, though nice and fruity, and if you really wanted some heavier alcohol, you should head to the lobby bar instead.

SERVICE: This is where the resort really stood out, in my opinion. All of the employees were respectful and tried to build rapport. I was really impressed.

ACTIVITIES: The only thing I can speak to is the scuba diving that my husband did, via the AquaWorld shop that has a booth at the resort. While my husband enjoyed the trip, he was disappointed that the representative who booked the trip told him: (a) the wrong ending time for the trip - he was off by 2 hours; (b) that he had to walk to the AquaWorld dock, but he found out later that a van actually picks you up; and (c) that he could use the shoes with the fins...my husband bought a pair of shoes froom him, but then found out that the particular excursion he was on had fins that wouldn't fit a pair of shoes. So that was a waste.

Overall, a nice resort that's comfortable, but looking slightly dated, with okay food and great service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Past Omni Cancun Guests,
We appreciate your valuable feedback that you provided through this forum. Our Executive Chef, Jorge Hidalgo and our Executive Operating Committee have discussed your observations, which will only assist us to enhance our culinary experience. We understand that there are many diverse palets when it comes to food and beverage, and we were sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit.
Your kind comments about our fellow Associates detail to service and being engaged with our customers was also shared with the wonderful ladies and gentlemen that work so wonderfully to provide genuine, warm hospitality throughout the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas.
It would be an honor to welcome you back to Cancun and the Omni and hope we will have the opportunity in the near future.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Santa Maria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the moment we walked in the hotel we were welcomed with a smile! We booked our trip through Costco as an "all inclusive" vacation that was worth every single penny!!! While checking in, I mentioned to the guest service rep that we had a lagoon view and ask if it were possible to get an oceanview room without charge if possible. His response was "dont worry, we have a special very nice room for you". When we arrived at our room, sure enough it was not only an ocean view room, but had rose petals all over the bed and decorated with kissing swans. They also placed a complimenary bottle of champagne in our room! It was amazing and PERFECT! The room was spotless and the resort had no smells or noise. The food was excellent! La Paloma had themed nights and a variety of food! We made friends with one of the servers there named Jose, he was excellent, gracious and so so helpful!!!! He catered to us and made sure that we had everything we wanted and needed! There was also a place which we loved called "Viva Mexico" which was yummy! They have these quesadillas "gringas" which are perfect for the beer munchies :> We ate at pina colada which was great as well! One of the days we stayed we rented a cabana bed on the beach for 25$ usd which was relaxing! The entire time you are relaxing on the beach, you are again being catered to! Consuelo was our waitress that day and she was a complete sweetheart too! The other days we hung out by the pool (swim up bar) and played along with the games that the wonderful entertainment staff provided! On the 3rd day of our stay we had couples massages :> costco gave us a 100$ usd credit towards this, and the spa had a package which offered 3 treatments for 170usd. My husband and I got messages, facials and body exfoliation which was much needed and appreciated! Lina was so kind. The beaches were amazing and very clean! One of the best things i have ever experienced was releasing new born sea turtles into the ocean!!! The hotel harvests the eggs and allows the guest to release the turtles during this season. I would like to thank the ENTIRE staff for their services, their politness and curtiousness that they provided!!! Talk about service with a smile!!!! They knew me and my husband by name, and would acknowlegde us everytime we walked thorugh the hotel! They made us feel like royalty, and from the bottom of our hearts we thank EVERYONE! We will be back without hesitation! I have read many reviews, and none of the negative things that I read are true in my experience. I was not even asked about time shares nor at any point did I feel pressured into buying something or tricked. I did like the fact that I speak spanish and was able to communicate my gratitude towards everyone!

Room Tip: Our room was an ocean view on the 17th floor and was perfect! There was no noise at all and that may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Recent Honeymooners at our Omni Cancun,
Muchas gracias for such a wonderful review of our resort through this forum. We were so delighted to red your kind comments regarding the installations, food and beverage and the genuine warm hospitality provided by our fellow Associates.
It is heart-warming for us to see that we delivered the experience to make for such a memorable stay at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas.
What a bonus that you came during our turtle nesting season. We had over 8,000 eggs that called our beach area home adn still have about 400 that will be hatching in the next couple of weeks. We work in coordination with the local ecological authorities to make sure we provide a truly safe haven and a comfortable environment for our little guests, in order to provide them the best opportunity to start their new life on this incredible planet we all inhabit together. The guests who stay with us our welcomed to assist us in releasing these small miracles of nature into the ocean as they begin the circle of life.
The Omni Cancun is proud of our local ecology and also culture, as we actively take part in it's development for all our visitors to enjoy. When you come back for your next visit, the new Mayan Museum of Cancun will be open, right next door to our hotel, for all to visit and understand more about this unique culture that was so inteligent and gifted, leaving us some of the most interesting artifacts and history to rediscover during your visit to Cancun.
We look forward to welcome you home to su casa very soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort
Tionesta, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have nothing bad to say, except I had to leave! Greatest service anywhere, excellent food, friendliest staff ever, clean rooms, clean resort. Had the all-inclusive package and it is definitely worth it. You won't find a friendlier staff, they were amazing. I felt like a celebrity for the 5 days that I was the Omni Resort! Just can't say enough about it, beautiful views, great pools, lots of great drinks and food, wonderful people!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was very impressed with the service and the amenities of this resort. We were always made to feel that the staff was very glad we were there, and did everthing to make sure our stay was pleasant. We had a lagoon view room rented, and we decided to upgrade when the front desk person offered us a deal. When we turned down her first offer of $180 for 4 nights, she offered the same upgrade for $130. The only negative was the choices for food. On most reviews I read before booking, there seemed to be at least 2-3 options for all meals. Reality is there is only one place open for breakfast, one place for dinner unless you reserve the Da Vinci restaurant, which is only allowed for one night. We stayed in October, and it was empty. Great for us, we had to wait for nothing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
sjbk, Director of Sales at Omni Cancun Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Omni Cancun Guests,
Thank you for your kind review of our resort through this forum. We appreciate your visit to our Omni Cancun during our low season (September & October), which is a great value for travelers. Unfortunately, we had some of our outlets out of service for our yearly maintenance programs, where we have the opportunity to do the proper detailing throughout the property to keep it looking as beautiful as ever.
It was very kind of you to mention our fellow Associates and compliment them on their dedication to warm, genuine moments of service. We are proud of their commitment to the guests experience.
On a small side note, the new Cancun Mayan Museum will be opening at the end of October, right in front of the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, which will house important original artifacts from the ruins in our state, Quintana Roo and the surrounding states that make up the Yucatan Peninsula. We had a sneak preview last week and well, it is an exceptional exhibition, which proudly shows the unique cultural history of our area.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back home to su casa one day soon.
Warmest regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing (22 years of service) at
New Albany, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had never been to Cancun, nor have we ever had an "all-inclusive" package so we were not sure what to expect. It far surpassed anything we could have expected. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. We had two rooms booked and since they had not given us rooms close to each other, they upgraded both rooms to an awesome ocean view. The rooms were spotless, and they did NOT smell musty. The resort itself was immaculate and each day you would constantly see people cleaning even the minute fixtures. In October the resorts are in their "slow" time which worked out perfect for us! We had to wait for NOTHING, we had but to ask for anything and it was given to us in short order. The food was good with something for everyone, the drinks were even better! What sets the Omni apart is the service in these areas, they are willing give you what you need, and make suggestions that compliment you needs and desires. The Jacuzzi bar, KUKU's was a dream come true, sitting on the beach in a jacuzzi, with views that take your breath away. We played vollyball everyday and was encouraged by the staff to participate in many other activities. The weather was beautiful, it did rain every day, about 5 minutes or so and usually at night. Not an inconvenience at all. We will go back!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, we had no noise issues at all. We will always get an Ocean View, it is breat...
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

we took their all inclusive package .. and found that there were plenty of vegeterian options for us. pools were nice , kids club was nice , bach was very pretty.
Bus services are availables.. you should try to books tours online rather thatn use the person in hotel thought

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family