“Fantastic Stay at the Krystal! Gracias!” 5 of 5 stars

Krystal Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Kukulcan, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #69 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Stay at the Krystal! Gracias!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I traveled June 28-July 5 2013 with my 81 year old mother and 76 year old mother-in-law. I can say that we all had a wonderful time. In fact the mom's are still talking about it. They didn't even mind the boom boom boom from the clubs down the street. Although 2:30 in the morning they could have turned it down a little. While the weather was in the 80's it was quite humid. I was very pleased that the air conditioning in my room was working well. We had maid service every day which was nice. Clean towels, bed made, trash emptied, floors wiped down, windows cleaned deck wiped down, every single day. The maids were friendly, quick and efficient. In fact the entire staff was extremely helpful. The view from my room was spectacular. We did not choose the all inclusive, but I was happy to know that it was available. The beds were very comfortable except for the murphy bed in the center room. That one would be okay for someone a little younger than 76 years old. The grounds were spotless. Very clean. The pool and beach area were fantastic. All and all this was a fantastic trip. The only thing I would say is that the lobby area was warmer, but that is most likely due to the fact that the doors are constantly being opened and closed. Oh, the food in the two restaurants was really, really good. I will be coming back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Gracias for this great feedback form us...

it is really an honor to receive awesome reviews from our guests. I know there is always work to do. but i feel good reading your comments. This means we are doing ok in here.

Hopefully you can come back very soon!

Paris Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Finnish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I tried making reservations for a "Super Special" at $249. When I booked the reservation I was asked to call in and was informed that the dates I wanted were not available. When we did find available dates, they informed me that I would have to pay an additional $800 per child. When I questioned them about the "2 children under 18 free deal" they informed me that it was no longer available...even though it is on their web site that it is. This is a total scam hotel that just wants to sell you a time-share.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Please send me your voucher to: Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

I am 100% sure that you didnt make the reservation in our official website.

Thank you,.
York, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My Partner & I just returned from Krystal Resort - Cancun and let me tell you we couldn't wait to get back home.
- If you like cool, Comfortable AC inside a nice,clean well kept room...you WILL NOT find it here.
- food is not good.(I see why its all free)
- communication problems
- entire hotel is run down
-you will not get any sleep/rest terrible mattresses, drunk "Teens" running up and down the hall all night, the thump of the music all night long....
My partner & I did the "time share" tour at the hotel and because we did not want to buy, we were called "[--] MOOCHERS" I could not believe how we were treated......it was unreal.
I spent 1000's of dollars of to be treated this way.
trust me when I say .....don't stay here. One of the longest weeks of my life...I would have rather been working.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review from us.

Please let me assist you directly. I would like to know why do you have this image from us.

We don't have free food in here or nothing like that. We have been in the market for over 30 years having at least 8,000 guests every month.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I read reviews on everything, but never take the time to write them. Of course I was reading reviews on Tripadvisor up until the day of my trip. I. just returned from the Krystal Cancun and feel I need to write one for people just like me. It was a guys/graduation trip for me and my 18 year old son. We paid for the all-inclusive package with a deluxe room. We stayed from July 1st-5th.
Room and Air Conditioning
Upgrade is a scam. Upon checking in I asked if the room would be in the new building and was told no and would be street side. Was told for $45 USD a night I could have the new building with ocean view. He then told me I could have it for a 50% discount, which I took. The room was ok, view was great. I have stayed in nicer 3 star hotels.
I enjoyed the room THE FIRST NIGHT. Air conditioning in building broke the second day there and I said something the next day. They did not want to give me room in other building and kept telling me it will be fixed soon, never happened. I insisted they give me room in old building and refund money for upgrade. Was told I would have to wait until next day for refund. When I got to the new room there was only one difference between new and old building. Old building have tubs and new just a shower. When I was given refund they wanted to give me part of it in pesos instead of USD which I paid. I had to give them $10 USD so I could get a $100 USD bill. Air still didn’t work in new room and did without the rest of the trip.
Entertainment
Entertainment staff is hard to find most of the time. When I asked questions at the stand, if someone was there and they spoke any English the answer was I don’t know. I was trying to ask about the non-motorized and organized games and activities. Plan to create your own entertainment, I was looking forward to playing beach volleyball, which never happened. I saw one game from my balcony which was done by the time I reached the beach. The other game was organized by a group from outside the resort for their members. The main problem we had, was it rained 3 of the 5 days there and not much to do if you can’t lay by the pool or don’t want to sit at the bar and get drunk. Which is was the 200 or so high school kids that were staying there did. I felt like I was at spring break 2013.
As far as clubbing, Krystal Entertainment staff promotes “VIP” at the clubs which is really a table in the crowd with bottle service, NOT VIP. Wait staff from Mandala Beach Club even hit a member of our group in the head with a tray as he was going to another table and didn’t even stop.
I am not a normal complainer; I did enjoy the pool, which was great. The view is beautiful and the people I met there were great. I talked to people from all over the world. And my son and I met some new friends from Connecticut who we will stay in contact through social media.
Food was ok, as others have said “it will keep you alive.” I did get some yogurt for breakfast one morning and it had sat out so long it was in liquid form. I do recommend eating at El Mortero. Best food of the trip. Don’t worry about bringing dress pants, as long as men have sleeves on their shirts they can eat at any of the restaurants including El Mortero.
We had a GREAT TIME at Palazzo a must if you want to dance and closest club to Krystal. All clubs are a very short walk which was really nice. The best thing about Krystal is its location. We had an OK time. We will not be returning to this place.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for new tower. Avoid rooms at end of old tower numbers ending ??34 or ??35. La...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you very much for posting a review in tripadvisor.

On behalf of the staff in Krystal Cancun i would oyu like to apologize for the lapse of service you experienced during your stay.

We are aware of the problema we had wioth the main equipment of the A/C At the momento is working porperyl. However we worked very hard to resolve this theme immediately.

I am really sorry of the image you have right now from the hotel. Please contact me. i would like to show you we have an excellent hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I want to thank everybody in Krystal Cancun, it was an amazing stay. We just got back from Cancun and stayed there from the 19th to the 24th of June. Since we arrived they were all very nice and gave us all the information for the restaurants and services. We got an all inclusive deal it was wonderful, the meals, drinks, waiters, etc.. my 2 teenage boys enjoyed the room service allot! Thank you Cecelia from the lobby bar, you were wonderful. Always had our drinks ready, even if we stepped outside to look at the amazing view of the beach and pools. She brought our drinks to us. Excellent service!! The bar out by the pools was very good too. The bartendar Nanguez or something like that, he was awesome! The best of the best was El Mortero restaurant by rsvp only, very good food, waiters are excellent. We went twice and they have marriachi and its just great! I love the room that we had, it was overlooking the beach and the pools, very beautiful beach at this resort. I would love to go back. Thank you so much Krystal!!

• Stayed June 2013
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing this awesome review from us

I am aware there is work to do in this porperty and we are working hard to assist our guests

We really want to host you back once again. Hopefully we can see you in a near future!

Jerusalem,Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in one of the club rooms which had a beautiful view over the pool and sea. The room was a decent size and the king bed comfortable. However,it was not very clean with dust and dirt on the floor. I never feel comfortable when the rubbish from the previous guest has not been removed from the bin! The towels were hard and old and on most days frayed around the edges.There was a small fridge in the room which was constantly leaking leaving a large puddle on the floor. One morning I used the coffeemaker in the room and was charged for it.....that has never happened to me before. There is no proper door to the shower so the floor always gets wet. The staff at the main reception were unfriendly and unhelpful. We were not told where the club room is and what times it is open. Also there was nothing written in the room about where it is. When we did find the club room on the 8th floor of another tower the lady working there was polite and friendly and the refreshments good.There is a long walk from the entrance to the hotel to the elevators of the new tower. Non of the public areas in the hotel are air conditioned and the elevators themselves are VERY hot. The elevators were often out of order which meant a long wait and over crowding. The hotel has a potential to be very nice but appears to be badly run.Would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
thank you for sharing this review from Krystal Cancun.

Could you please send me your travel dates os room number to folloep up thiese problems?

I am deeply sorry. We had problem with the air conditioning in the main lobby for some days. This issue has been repaired already.

Please contact me i really want to show you we are an excellent hotel with a great service.

Let me assure i will take action of the problems you had.

Sicnerely,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We were at Krystal late June. Hotel was average. No activities for teenagers. A ping pong table was the only thing I saw for teenagers. We stayed in Tower A and it was decent. No noise, clean and good food. The Aquamarina restaurant waiter, Jorge Fernandez was awesome and so was Nemesu the bartender under the palapa. We rented a car in the Krystal lobby and it was only $60 for 24 hours. We scheduled a family photo session with Lorena the hotel photographer and we really enjoyed it. It felt as if we had known Lorena forever. She was great along with her assistant. The Timeshare people only bothered us twice. Overall, it was a great experience!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Gracias for sharing your experience in this website.

I will rewards the staff you mentioned. however i will check this issue of the lack of entertainment with the manager of this deaprmtent. I am sorry you couldn't have activities during your stay.

We have a lot of activities and programs in the hotel i will see this point directly with the manager in charge.

Thank you.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!