“Can you say Nice Hotel?” 4 of 5 stars

Krystal Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Kukulcan, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #71 of 175 hotels in Cancun
Boston, Massachusetts
“Can you say Nice Hotel?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I checked into the hotel very late ion a thursday night and after a long day of travel was met with a complimentary drink... warm but good. The main lobby was gorgeous as in the pics and the room in TOWER A was great.. I had to request face cloths daily because there were none when we arrived in the room. Also i needed the bathroom cleaned daily because of the ceiling shower head the floor kept getting wet and the bathroom smelled..

Room Tip: I was in Tower a im not sure what Tower b looks like
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for writing down a review in tripadvisor.

I want to follow up into this.

Could you please let me know your travels dates? So i can check the issue you mentioned directly.

Thank you.

1,620 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just returned from "my home away from home", which is the Krystal in Cancun. The hotel may not be the newest and most modern, but you cannot find a better location and more friendly staff anywhere else. I know so many of the employees, from the janitor (Juan Carlos) to the General Mgr. (Senor Luis Medina). Everybody does their best to make you feel comfortable and at home.
The activity staff (Oscar, Mauricio & Ximena) are always there to help you, just like the bellboys (Rafael, Gabriel & Julio). I can always count on the waiters Balam, Venusciano, Fernando, Asterio Jorge & Maria to give excellent service. The same goes for the bartenders Xavier, Jorge, Aida, Christian, Manuel, Cecilia in the Lobby Bar and Norma and Linda outside in the pool area. I also want to mention Cynthia and Alex in Timeshare doing a wonderful job. My very best friend is Patricia in the Club Krystal. She goes out of her way to make you feel at home and help you with any problem. This trip her temporary assistant was Mauricio (Luis had left). I would recommend him for this job in the future, because he is friendly and does a good job even under pressure on Patty's day off. Lupita also has become a good friend in the evening shift at Club Krystal, because she keeps me entertained, when I am there all by myself. I am always glad, when Clementina is my maid, because I never have to ask for anything. She does her job consistingly well. The last praise I have to give to the Azteka Band. The drummer Mike Santana recognized me after 30 years not seeing him and even knew my name. I was impressed and happy. It reminded me of my younger years, when there was continuous music in the Lobby Bar. I am glad they are back for a few evenings each week. Having the Caribbean night outside with the music is a great idea of the new Food & Beverage Mgr. Vicente. Also the Mexican decorations in Aquamarina make it look more authentic and friendlier. Before I end this long review, I want to thank Sr. Ernesto Orozco and Sr. Medina for their continued friendship and great job at the Krystal. With such a perfect location and wonderful staff I have to call it my "Home away from Home". If I forgot to mention anybody blame it on my old age. I have been coming to this location for 30 years and will continue to do so my health permitting it. A big THANK YOU to all.
Monika Philmon from Houston, Texas

Room Tip: I prefer staying in Tower B on the 8th floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hola Ms. Monika!

This is Paris... Omg.. It is so nice to receive this amazing review, i have sent ti to everyone in the hotel. Actually we have it a big wall in the human resources area.

You are such a nice person and we really want to thank you for coming in here twice a yar and straying 10 days each time.

You are a great repetitive guest and we like you a lot in here... YOU KNOW IT!

See you very soon!
Curtice, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mauricio was aún exceptionally good activista director ! The service has bien excelente! Water And beach beatifico! The room was very clean And the maids día their Job very well. Food is diferentes, but delicious. All the staff have been very nice And helpfull. Walking distance to all the shops was perfect, And Starbucks was a plus :). Loved how bar opens quite early, And how they are very genéricos. I would recomendados Krystal to my familia And friends! Thank you for all your hard work, very appreciated!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing these excellent commments of Krystal Cancun.

We are very pleased to see you liked our services and the product we offer.

I will tell Mauricio that he is doing a good job.

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We purchased the romantic package, not all inclusive, but with the breakfast buffet and cake and champagne. We stayed in the newer building, and the room was lovely, and clean. We could barely communicate with the front desk clerk, and if he told us that OUR free breakfast was on the 8th floor, NOT the main restaurant, we didn't comprehend him. So we ended up going to the main restaurant, where the breakfast was very good, but cost $20 a day, which we hadn't expected. When we talked to someone at the front desk, he just smiled and shrugged.

Room Tip: You can't get a better view than in the newer towers.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.

I will check these theme you mentioned with the front desk agent who checked you in.

When guests reserve the krystal Club tower (new tower) it includes a continental breakfast in the club lounge plus wine and petit fours and snakcs during the evening.

Also guests have a $10 usd credit for the main buffet restaurant.

Arlington, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Cancun so when I saw a good all-inclusive deal on LivingSocial I thought it would be a fun, quick, cheap getaway for our first anniversary. We came to quickly realize that some deals are too good to be true. We were disappointed when it took 4 trips to the front desk before we got a clean room. We didn't get the king bed we were expecting (to be fair the hotel did seem close to sold out) but to have to trek up and down multiple times in order to get a room that had been cleaned and didn't have workmen in it seemed more than excessive. Upon getting a room that was clean, I was again disappointed in the overall quality of the space. There was black near every duct in the room which had me concerned, and the drop ceiling in the bathroom seemed to potentially have mold. I totally understand humidity being a major issue here...but it just seemed there was a lot of delayed maintenance in the rooms.
I was generally unimpressed with the food options until we discovered the off-property Mexican restaurant where you are required to make a reservation. That food definitely exceeded the other options.
We also found the timeshare folks that were in the hotel to be terrible. First they dressed in uniforms close to those of the actual hotel staff which is confusing. Then they tried to sell us a deal in spite of the fact that we had an all-inclusive. If we hadn't realized they were likely trying to get us to agree to a deal pitch we could have ended up like other folks having to sit through long discussions of timeshare opportunities over breakfast which would have absolutely killed the vacation.
Overall - the hotel was unimpressive, we did enjoy the hotel bar staff at the middle outside bar and a couple of our waiters. I think we quickly realized we prefer a boutique hotel in a little town that's up and coming to the resort hotel in a tourist trap city.
That said, the beach and the water nearly make up for everything else. The surroundings were stunning...if only our room could have been as well...

Room Tip: Definitely make sure you know what you're going to get. Be explicit about what you're lookin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review.

I am sorry for have not succeded your expectations. I have checked this theme and unfortunately the front desk agent assigned you a room that was not for guests use. We have already took action of this issue.

Please let me assist you for any information.

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We bought a Groupon for this hotel and after reading some of the reviews I was nervous but the hotel turned out to be great! If you are not a hotel snob, then this is a perfect resort! We stayed in a club room on the 3rd floor. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the views and balcony were amazing! The bed was large and comfortable. The 2 things I didn't like about the room was that we only had the mirror in the bathroom, no full length. But when I visited our friends' room they had a full length mirror so maybe it was just ours. The 2nd was that you needed your room key to turn on the power in the room. It always made me nervous because I didn't want to walk out of the room and forget it was in the power slot.

We ate at the breakfast buffet in Aquamarina, which was decent and to be expected of an all inclusive breakfast buffet. I thought that had a lot of choices including a made to order omelet station. We tried the room service as well and thought everything was pretty good...my husband loved the chicken fingers lol! Club sandwich was good, pasta was good, quesadillas were standard. Didn't try the other restaurants and I was disappointed because I didn't get to try the sushi bar.

We ate at El Mortero one night, pretty good food but we tried to make a reservation and they told us it was too late so we went anyway and the guy at the door gave us attitude but sat us anyway and the place was pretty much empty! Not sure why it was such a hassle. I had the sangria, guacamole, and chicken fajitas...pretty good.

The location is fantastic! Walking distance to tons of restaurants, shops, clubs, etc. Perfect!

The beach was amazing! Pool was great too! Daniel by the pool was great! Bringing us drink after drink, sometimes without us even asking!

It was a great trip. I didn't hear any music from the clubs at all from my room (I think we were in the B building. I would definitely stay here again...for the price, you cant go wrong!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to the club room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
thank you for taking the time to write down a review from us.

Afet reading your opinion we can see youliked the services we have in the hotel. It was an honor being part of your recent holidays in Mexico.

I kindly appreciate your preference. I will check with the room division manager why we don't have the mirror you mentioned in that room. like all the other rooms do.

Hope to see you soon in a near near future!

Palmdale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

we got a great deal we didnt buy the timeshare vacation deal. we spent 5 days there what a wonderful time i had the food was great the staff was super super great a very special thanks to Cecilia and Christain the bar teneders in the lobby keep up the good work and also to the waiter Jorge what a awsome guy hope to see you all again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Very brief and amazing comments.

Gracias for visiting our country... We are glad to read reviews like this one.

Krystal Cancun it's waiting for you!

=)

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!