“Avoid Presentation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Edmonton, Canada
“Avoid Presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The facilities at the hotel are as advertised, Our room had an awesome ocean view! We were two ladies sharing double facilities, but most of the time there were were not adequate towels and bath items for two. The staff work very had to please! We were rewarded with a bottle of wine and fruit tray due to our displeasure of the room not being prepared in time for our arrival. The mattress was not up to standard, sagging in places. We made a huge error of attending the time-share presentation. If you are not interested in time-share, do not attend this one! the sales personnel were relentless!!! I left for the bathroom and was followed to ensure my return. We did not receive a gratuity, as promised, for attending. It was to be a trip to Isla Mujeres. There are two towers and it is a brisk walk from the tower we were in to attend breakfast. Buffet breakfast was adequate. Then sweet breads, coffee and tea all afternoon, if you wished. Wine and snacks started at six p.m. and that too was well-done. the Manager of that unit, Patrizia should be awarded a 'red ribbon' for her skillful operation of that 'lounge' She knows how to skillfully manage her staff, as well! Super Gal! This is a super clean hotel! Lots of stairs on entry, though. Could be some improvement on the entertainment, mor Mexican. We come to Mexico, not only for the weather, but to experience the culture. Enough said???

Room Tip: If you are offered a room in the 'other' tower - it is a long walk back, try to get closer t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Gracias for writing down this review.

This feedbacks means a lot coming from a high contributor in tripadvisor.

I realize there are some minors problem in the hotel like in any other hotel. And we are continously working to much in order to satisfy all of our guests,

We have a very strong commitment with our guests feedbacks.

This is something true. If guests don't want to buy a time share, there is no need to assist to the presentation.

Paris Aguilar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Finnish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Pros:
I first booked the Krystal Club room in January for my first trip to Cancun, Mexico and I'm so glad that I did! The lobby area was bright and classy. We had no problems checking in, our room was spacious, flat screen TV, interior and colors were vibrant and fun, and the beds are super comfortable. I stayed in the new towers on the 8th floor , corner suite and I had the most amazing view!! The hotel was literally a block away from the nightlife! Perfect location if you like the nightlife of course.I was skeptical about the food with the all inclusive package but I was pretty impressed for a foodie myself. The restaurant that you can enter from the lobby is delicious so I ate there the whole entire trip. There are about 3 different pools, big and shallow. The beach is beautiful with plenty of space to lay out. I also recommend talking to some of the guys to book an excursion; they were very helpful and honest.

Cons:
Since we are so close to the nightlife, the music is very loud! I think the hotel plays music from the pool area as well that can be heard from the rooms in the new tower until about night time and the clubs play music well through the morning. However, by the time I am in bed I am exhausted so it doesn't bother me so much than it might the next person. Our maid did not clean our room until about 3 pm every day. The drinks are really weak. I usually have to tip the bartender and say, "fuerte por favor" (stronger please). I tried the other restaurant closest to the swim-up bar and I did not like it. The buffet food and meat from the grille was bland.

Other than the cons mentioned, I really enjoyed my stay and would really recommend! I actually booked another trip to Cancun this coming May and after some debate decided to stay here again.

FYI, I was never approached by anyone selling timeshares. Even if I was, I'm sure a "no thank you, I am not interested," would help to get rid of them. I don't know why people fall for the trap and complain!

Room Tip: Be open-minded, tip good and you will have an amazing time!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Muchas gracias for this awesome contribution.

it is reallty a pleasure reading this review.

However i saw a cpuple of pints regarding the cleaning of your room and the beverages at the bars that i will check with the managers involved.

i kindly appreciate your time and preference.

See you soon!
veracruz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The beach was great, the service from wait staff was the best we have had in many years as well and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The views from our room even on a corner mainly facing street also had a corner window and lovely to see.

There are time share salespeople everywhere and after walking lobby 3-4 times we got tired of being asked same question- "where are you from? here sit down"- lots of hard sales. we went to relax, not looking to buy. we were not impressed with the room itself- bed was hard- chipped paint, stained walls from AC condensing on vents.....maybe there is a new area but this room was very very dated to say the least.
Our windows were not insulated and the AC noise below was hard for us to sleep with! We used the stairs on our way down from 8th floor to walk beach and there was lots of empty plates from room service still out at 830 a.m. this was a bit unsightly and unexpected. had the hotel room been in better shape we could have overlooked a few things, but as it goes with anything once a few things are off, your vacation time is just not the same.
There was duct tape on our window and a 5 inch gap on window from our bedroom connecting stair well bizarre!.... not here to bash, but to let anyone know there is more in Cancun for your money. Shop around!

Room Tip: Ask for new section- insulated glass windows.....
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I tried to contact you to follow into these themes

We would like to know what was your room number to verify this iisues you mentioned.

Please feel free to contact me:

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com
Traralgon, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I dont know why this hotel cops flak because i thought it was amazing!! Location - excellent! Right in the hotel zone where you want to be! 2 mins to clubs, restaurants etc the room was greT too! Our ocean view was incredible! I couldnt of asked for anything more! The service was great too! Pool was excellent and where i spent most my time! Def recommend it especially to a younger crowd!

• Stayed April 2013
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I really sometimes think the same....

Thank you for your preference and for giving us the opportunity to know the service we provide.

Gracias señor,
Weymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the package that we had purchased at the Krystal. The service was fantastic. The hotel is quite comfortable and casual. The employees work extremely hard to please their guests. Rafael and Mercardo were unbelievably helpful. They were always polite and smiling. They did everything in their power to be helpful. The two front desk employees made check-in fast and comfortable.
The hotel is located on a beautiful beach that has breathtaking sunsets and sunrises. The food is very tasty and fresh. The dining room hostesses and wait staff were quite friendly. We had a wonderful stay and will go back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms all have an ocean-view, with balconies to watch the sunrise and sunset. The rooms are clean an...
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Wow!! that's is something good to see the empowerment of my staff...

Great! Thank you for this contribution.

I have already told to Rafael and Marcial about this review. We are glas to see you enjoyed your vacations with us.

Hasta Pronto!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were moved from tower A to tower B due to A/C not adequately cooling our first room. Tower A room was poorly maintained, had no comfortable place to sit (2 small, hard seat/back chairs), and no furniture on outside balcony. Tower B room was newer and slightly nicer, although the A/C was so loud that we had to wear earplugs to sleep at night. The resort is very near the clubs, so it is noisy into the early morning and the earplugs help with that too. The food is on par with cafeteria food, and "all inclusive" guests mostly have to go to the bars to get their own drinks while at the pool. We travel twice per year to resorts in Mexico or the Caribbean, and this resort is definitely on the low end of the scale. It is stuck in the 80's and in desperate need of an upgrade...clearly on older, original timeshare resort. The beach is beautiful but very crowded; I'd hate to be there during peak season. There are no umbrellas at the pool and just a handful of cabanas, although there are many cabanas on the beach. Beautiful views and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants as well as ferry to Isla del Mujeres.

Room Tip: Tower B rooms are newer and have a couch to sit on plus balcony chairs and table. Not sure if all r...
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your point of view of Krystal Cancun.

I apologize for the the condition of the room at your check in... However i saw you have a free upgrade but didn't make your stay nicer.

I am deeply sorry we didn't succed your expectations.

If there is anything i may do for you please contact me directly.

Lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com
Buchanan, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at the Krystal. The location is convenient to most of the clubs and action. The beach is outstanding, and the views are amazing. The hotel is very comfortable and casual with a very nice, accommodating staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Few lines... Big feedback.

Thank you for writing down a review in this site.

Please feel free to contact me for any assistance.

Paris Aguilar

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!