“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 174 hotels in Cancun
Traverse City, Michigan
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The beach and location were great. As others stated it's too bad the bars don't open until 11 a.m. Some times you get an outstanding waiter and other times you're not so lucky. We witnessed a couple of guys who busted their butts all week long for customers and made sure to tip them well every day.

Only suggestion I have for the management is to invest in good pillows. The flat, foam ones provided made for a terrible night's sleep - consistently.

Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedbacks...

I will follow up into these theme directly...

As well i will be monitoring the waiters in the pool area.

Feel free to contact me directly at: lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

1,868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Finnish first
Portland MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were first put into the old part of the resort and our bellhop asked up if we wanted to move to the new part when he saw how disappointed we were. Thank you, Jose!!!!.
The room was average, not an oceanfront. And like someone else said, our clothes always seemed damp but I attributed that to the humidity outside and not in the room. When we laid out wet clothes out, they always dried. We had to ask for towels and after the first time, we didn't have to ask again. I thought the rooms were clean but needed maintenance, it was an old resort, even the new part.
The 24 hour room service was very nice and I had no complaints about the food. The restaurant next door was very nice and it was included in the all inclusive. Food there was excellent. The diet coke at the resort was terrible however and if you asked for a can of diet coke it would cost you extra. Wierd, seeings how they would put cans of regular coke in the mini bar in the room which was free. Didnt get that part.
There was not any bottled beer available unless you paid for it, only draft beer for all inclusive.
The drinks were great, And they would make anything for you with top shelf.
The service was so so. Some of the servers were over the top and others were below average.
The bartender at the the pool was great (Christian). Also the servers at the beach bar, (Edgar and Leonardo). These 3 were good whether you tipped them or not. The girl that worked at the front desk during the day went out of her way to help us, thank you soooooooo much Gabriella!! The other front desk staff in my opinion were just average. Did what they had to. We were there for Superbowl sunday and the resort didn't do anything special for it like the other resorts did.
The TV didnt work very well, static on most stations for most of the trip. You could hear everything out in the hall also.
Location was excellent.

Room Tip: Newer rooms are nicer.
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Gracias for posting a review in tripadvisor.

I find very confussing your feedbacks. I know we have an old building that we are continously renovating and new towers that you found old...

As well i was during the superbowl and we made trivias and activities and we even put a big screen projector in the lobby bar with the superbowl spoken in english with free snacks. I saw the waitress dressed up like quarterbacks... That's why i found confussing this post.

Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Olympus Tours provided pleasant transport to & from resort & tours. No complaints whatsoever about the resort. Gave no interest/energy to the timeshares, beach was swimmable/walkable, property is gorgeous. Loved the hammocks & beach beds and the fact that security was always around night & day. Pool tables were well kept although it wouldn’t hurt to have more than 2 pool sticks for both tables. Lobby bands were excellent! Room colors/patterns and balcony view were soothing. Bartender Francisco & water-hole crew were awesome ~ kept me in vacation mode. All food was tasty. Walking distance to clubs and variety of restaurants off-property. The open-air Mandala nightclub was my favorite. I liked supporting the market place over the outlet because I got to swap stories with more people. All I met were pleasant & friendly. Didn’t get to use the beautifully arranged spa facility. Water pooled on the floor of the Spa’s Jacuzzi room which extended to the hallway was a deterrent. Maybe I’ll try it another time when it’s fixed. Gym was clean & usable. We should get some kind of discount from the attached club since you will hear the music until it’s closed. It was music I liked so I didn’t mind at all. I look forward to returning. Yes, I recommend this place!

Room Tip: Rm 1149 was pretty nice. We got an extended balcony ~ good for sunning & exercising!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for these review on tripadvisor. I have already takenc are of the iisues you mentioned in your post.

I am very glad to see you liked the location from the hotel... This is really one of the plus any place or hotel can have. Our guests in the hotel can forget doing a budget in transportations due our location from the best spots in Cancun. everything its walking distance.

We hope to see you again in Krystal Cancun.

Eagan, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A co-worker and I wanted a nice beach vacation. Well, we got the nice beach, but that is really all I can say for this hotel. I don't consider myself too picky, I just want a nice clean room, and good service. Well.......not so much this time.

We were able to get our room around 11 am, which is well before check in time. We were placed in the old building with a view of the Fiesta Americana. We chose not to pay for a view since we would really only be sleeping, showering and getting ready in the room. However, it was miserable. There isn't a fan in the bathroom, so after 2 people take a shower, the whole hotel room was full of moisture, and I am serious when i say an hour after our showers the mirror was still fogged up. Our clean clothes always felt wet. And it made it difficult for 2 people to get ready.
After the first day housekeeping failed to give us any hand towels for the rest of the week. And just like a previous review stated we had multiple shampoos, but no conditioners.

When I visit an all-inclusive resort, I expect a high level of service. There is none here. Our first trip to the pool bar had us standing there for almost 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged we were there. And we know they saw us. Later in the week after dark we went back to that same bar, and stood there for another 10 minutes while other people were drinking pretty full drinks, and the liquor was still in the rail. Not one time did either of the 2 bartenders say anything to us, even after making eye contact. We finally left without a drink and went to the bar inside the lobby. Our female bartender there was fantastic. Se had drinks ready for us before we could order one. The bartenders at the beach bar were great (Jorge and Leonardo?). The waiters on the beach were ok. We did order some drinks two times with the same waiter and he never brought them to us. After I went to the bar myself and got them, I walked past him and all he said was "hola", not an "I am sorry I forgot to get you your drinks". Many times at the buffet restaurant AND the pool restaurant, not one wAiter ever came and took our drink orders. Seriously, if you are not going to have a self service station for pop, then have enought waiters to serve your customers. And this place wasn't busy. We were fortunate to get couple good waiters in the buffet, but it was even hit and miss with them day to day.

Now to the food. The fajitas were good, the rice was good. That's about all I can say. This was the smallest selection I have ever seen at an all-inclusive. We had better food at the mall.

I can't believe that people have a time share here. I would never spend my money here - not quite sure where it goes to. Maybe the new tower was nicer, maybe that is where they put the timeshare owners? We were never approached about listening to the timeshare speech, however we did get a phone all about going downstairs for hotel information, and also the next day we had a note on our door. That very well could have been timeshare stuff, but we never went down.

Like I said at the beginning, the beach is amazing! Great location, calm crystal blue waters down in the bay. There are lots of palapa a and some each beds. We did have to getup early to get a front row palapa, but it was totally worth it.

I never heard any music from the clubs, but we were the furthest away. Great location for the bars though. Never have to take a bus or cab, just walk down the street (however, you get bombarded by all the people trying to get you to go into the clubs),

We went to the spa to check on their prices. Very over priced. I am usually willing to pay a little more for a massage on vacation, but not those prices.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, pay more for a beach front room and ask for the newest "tower"...
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Gracias for taking the time to share your opinion in tripadvisor.

I am deeply sorry of the issues you mentioned. It seems you had the worst vacation ever.

I will check the service of the bars and the attention in these ones. As well with the house kkeper manager regarding the bathroom ammenities (condtioner and washclothes) cause we do have these ones in the hotel.

By the other hand we have fans and A/C in all the hotel rooms. And we have rooms with ocean views like any hotel has non ocean and oean views that is up to the guests for paying this difference.

In Cancun there are rooms where you pay a high service up to 800usd per night without an ocean view.

Please feel free to contactme directly in order to handle your case.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just got back yesterday after a week stay. My wife and I stayed at the Krystal Cancun January 30 – February 6. Very nice place, good location, great price. Great value for your money, great view of the lagoon, very quiet so you can relax in front of the beautiful lagoon. This is my first time staying at the Krystal Cancun Club. The staff is always friendly and room always clean. I stayed in room 1549 and it was amazing. Huge glass balcony, king size bed and plenty of space. Sunsets over the lagoon. This is a bargain and it is in the heart of the hotel zone if you like the nightlife. Beach is just step away. Wi-Fi was available in our room and it was fast. I can even stream my favorite songs. We enjoyed the Italian food at Las Vela’s with Calixto as our server. He took excellent care of us and was very friendly. We had a wonderful time at Krystal Cancun and definitely come back to this resort in the near future.
Special Thanks to Paris Aguilar, the manager of the Krystal. He was very accommodating to our request and made sure we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you very much for this kind review i am very happry to see you like dthe hotel and you experieced a good service from the staff.

It was a pleasure to met you too and i reallly hope you can come back to mexico again.

See you soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been a member here for 15 years and my recent visit is very disappointing to say the lease. The time share rooms are a pit leaking pipes AC not working lights not working are just a few problems. It seems to have turned into a all inclusive hotel instead of a resort for owners. The food sucks and drinks are feet small and cheap liquor. I will use my weeks in puerto Vallarta from now on. The gym has rusted and non working equipment.

• Stayed February 2013
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
thank you for you comments in tripadvisor.

I remember your case was handled directly by the RCI members manager promptly during your stay and you requested to speak with me directly the day you checked out and we met.

There are a lot of plus we have for free and complementary for our memebers, like discounts, food, phone calls, wifi, vip registration, etc...And i don't see those ones mentioned in your post. I am RCi member and i haven't seen this things at any other rci complex or hotels.

For sure we now like in any other hotel there is a lot of work to do and we are taking care of it. Once again i apologize for the lapse of service you experienced and let me tell you that we are taking care about the conditions of the Spa. Also i saw you room after your checked out and i didn't find anything wrong.

Glenview, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just a heads up to anyone who is looking to book this resort. We booked for the location, that was great. It is RIGHT next to all of the clubs, and the market, and you can walk to a lot of other restaurants. BUT... we chose location over anything else, and I was truly disappointed. It would be easiest just to bulletpoint my dissappointment:
-There is absolutly no customer service at this resort. The employees avoid eye contact, no one asks how you are doing, how your stay is, or even acknowledges your presents.
-The latest resort bar is open until midnight, and it was only the lobby bar. Outside bars close at 7.
-The food is not worth the money.
-The drinks are gross and they don't use ice in most things
-The beer is very watery
-There is no sanitation (which may not be a problem for people, but was for me). No gloves on any of the workers, they sanitize all glasses inside the bars and then use them again right in front of you, mixing the drinks with the hands they just dipped in the sanatizer.
-There is SO much security, that they will not allow you on the beach at night and no chance of night swimming, in the ocean or in the pool.
-We were in a third tower and we had to go down and get rekeyed 5 times!!! It was a long walk.
-And, the toilet never flushed. That was just annoying.

I have been to Mexico a few times, and this was the most dissappointing. If you want to bein that area, book the Riu or the Dreams right next door. There is also a nice FIesta Americana across teh street.

Hope this helps someone else the dissappointment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Gracias for sharing your opinion of Krystal Cancun.

I want to apologize for any inconveniences you had in the hotel. If you had problems regarding service that is unnaceptable for us. We sell service and believei me iwill take care of this theme.

However i have been working in different hotels in the world (even 5 diamonds hotels) and i saw some points you mentioned that aren't handled like that on any hotel.
By the other hand we have ice in the bars, and a big catalogue of beers and proffesional draft beer machines. i am sorry but it is the first time i saw those kind of comments.

Please feel free to contact me for any assistance.

lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!