“Overall Great Stay!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Oswego, Illinois
“Overall Great Stay!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would rate this hotel "5 stars" if it wasn't for one of the restaurants we ate at. (More on that later:)) First of all, the beach/pool area is fantastic! We had been in Cancun for 7 days staying at a rented villa, and then 4 of our parties came to te Krystal Cancun for 3 additional nights. We booked 4 rooms and all were in great condition. We loved the sound of the waves coming through the patio doors in the morning and at night! The people at the "Best Day" tour desk were excellent! They set us up with some great tours and were super courteous. The rooms were cleaned on time and very well! Beds were great! Okay, now the restaurants. They need more, and we had a bad experience at one of them. (Can't remember the name but they cooked part of it out on the beach and it was a buffet.). My husband and I went and paid about $60, and all we had was some small dessert off the buffet. Nothing else. The food did not look good and the service of the people cooking was lackluster. We were very disappointed we had waisted our $$. We didn't eat in the hotel after that, so that was a little disappointing. We did go to VIPS which was right across the street and they had several good items to offer at good prices, more of a family restaurant option. So overall a great stay, but I wish we had our $$ back from that one dinner! LOL BUT we will be back to this hotel next year!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your time.

I am sad about hering that we felt shortly in oyur expectations.

We have benn changing our menus based in out guest's feedbacks and we are about to opne 2 new restarants in the next months.

I have addressed this review to the Chef and the foods and beverages Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Finnish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from 7 nights at the Krystal Cancun, had a great time, all the staff there were great, especially a man named Mauricio he makes sure your well looked after when your heading out to party or just laying by the beach. Bravo Mauricio!
Tip him well ladies and gentleman

• Stayed December 2012
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for writing down a review on this website.

I will tell Mauricio about this review. He is doing an excellent job.

We really appreciate you preference.

See you soon!
San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a great stay at the Krystal hotel on Dec. 19th-24th. Irwin at the front desk and Gabriel (bell desk) were wonderful. Irwin made sure that I was pleased with the room i got and was comfortable. He and Gabriel were extremely patient during check-in. I am very grateful. The staff was nice. The Club room I had was great. The price was very fair and the view was amazing. The concierge was wonderful tool. Luis there does a great job and was very nice. The beach is also amazing. I highly recommend this hotel to those on a budget looking to spend a lot of time on the beach and partying. It's right next to all the best night clubs!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Club room which has renovated ocean front view and access to the concierge where a gr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Gracias for your great feedback.

I am very glad you liked the services we provide and like you said we offer an excellent product and a low price.

Hope to see you again!
Santa Clara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Travelers
- family of two teenage girls
- grandparents

Why I choose Krystal
- hotel zone location
- not high-end, not low-end, something in-between

Staff
- friendly and nice
- no timeshare sales pitch
- priority to Spanish-speaking guests

- Aquamarina: breakfast and dinner buffet was great (mix of Mexican and American)
- Las Velas: lunch buffet (pasta, burger, pizza, fish, etc) was good but we weren't really hungry...
- Lobby bar also serves fresh prepared sushi
- El Mortero: we had complimentary dinner here and my steak and dessert was awesome
- food is good but if we'd stayed longer than two days, we may have gotten tired of it
- service is slow but it's ok since we were full pretty much all the time (first time at AI)
- drinks were weak so I mainly drank wine

Location and within walking distance
- beautiful beach
- Coral Negro flea market
- small expensive mall with small food court (I think I saw a Subway there)
- pharmacy and convenience stores
- many clubs and adult-themed restaurants (not children-friendly?)

Room
- very clean
- a little old
- free in-room safe
- free WIFI
- free mini-bar and water

Facility/other
- everything was spotless
- pool was a little old
- one volleyball, no net
- no boogie boards for rental
- beach lounges and daybeds are nice but limited
- two pool tables indoor and one ping-pong table outdoor
- hammocks under patio

Only complaint
- noise from a club kept us up until morning, but ONLY ONE night and only in the North Wing (grandparents in South Wing didn't hear the commotion)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your review.

I liked your review a lot. It seems pretty original the way you write it down.

I am glad to see you guests have good stays and they are recommending us.

Muchas gracias!
chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We should have gone with our gut, however we did not. We decided to attend a timeshare presentation.....big mistake! If it was only 90 minutes we probably would have bought in, however it was over three hours and a series of four individuals picking at us like a carcass. The hotel is one of the originals 20+ years old and the rooms smell of it. They do have a prime beach location if you want to be in the middle of the "hotel zone". During our tour we had a "cafeteria" style breakfast, the main dinning room was loud and impersonal, the food was unappealing. The rooms were very dated and the hallways reminded me of a dormitory. The views from the top floor rooms were awesome, however once in the room I immediately smelled a moldy odor. Krystal needs to invest seriously into "first impression" renovations.... This will definitely help with timeshare sales. We would never stay at Krystal, however it was linked to the international RIE directory.

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Soooo two weeks ago for my 25th birthday me and 10 friends stayed at Krystal Cancun (all-inclusive for 5 days and we had a GREAT time!

When you read reviews of hotels, you really have to look for consistent complaints, otherwise you have to know that everyone is basing their trip on their experiences *only*--I am happy I didn't listen to some of the reviews I saw.

The Staff is SOOO NICE AND HELPFUL! Not once did I encounter anyone who wasn't willing to accomodate my needs. From the concierge desk, to the wait staff, I was pleasantly impressed. Rafael, Luciano, Santos, and soooo many other people I can't remember names of were sooooo sweet!

My room was ALWAYS kept clean and stocked. The beach was steps away and it was BEAUTIFUL!

Room service did take a while when my friends and I ordered at the wee hours of the morning--but that was expected.

Having stayed at all-inclusive resorts before, the food was soooo much better than I could have ever expected and the dinner nights were a lot of fun. There was always something for everybody to eat. I really loved all my meals!

The proximity of the nightlife made this hotel absolutely perfect! We would go out and be able to walk right back home.

People are always quick to complain rather than compliment, so before I left Krystal, I made it my business to let Paris, the operations manager, know how great Krystal made my birthday and how ENJOYABLE my stay was.

I am definitely planning to return to Cancun, and without doubt, I will be staying at Krystal!

Room Tip: Do ocean front! The beach is AMAZING!!! You won't be upset!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Wow!! Thank you... This is a very nice gesture from you.

I remember speaking with you in the main lobby. To listen such good comments in person and in this website from you. Let is know that we are doing an excellent job.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

lvpaguilar@krystal-hotels.com
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had an awesome stay at this hotel. From the moment we waleked in, Alex and Nancy got us into our room quickly and with excellent hospitality. We had a studio with balcony looking over the ocean. The best beaches in Cancun are just steps away. Food was average with prices slightly higher than average. Would not recommend all inclusive unless you're staying on property and drinking lots!

Stay far away from the timeshare folks - never seen such horrid attempts to sell.....and they really are not offering anything of value (the rights to future discounted stays?). Very bizzare and high pressure - stay away!

We loved our time at the Krystal and would do it again in a heartbeat. Just a short walk away from shops and clubs - but just far enough away to not be bothered by the noise of it all. It is an older hotel and not a 4-star, but was a fantastic value for us. And even though we had a couple of maintenance issues (blow dryer and coffee pot), Michelle sent folks up to the room within a very short time and took care of it. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: go high and ocean view! stay away from timeshare folks!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris A, Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review in tripadvisor.

I will thanks the staff you mentioned. it's great rading nice reviews from us.

Time share is just a part of our hotel. if you are not interested just say no.

I kindly appreciate your feedbacks.

Paris Aguilar

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!