“Great place and great location!!” 5 of 5 stars

Krystal Cancun
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Kukulcan, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Ranked #73 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great place and great location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night as I went to Cancun only for one night. I was sad to leave as I got a great service and I definitely think that the prices is really low compared to what they offer. It is a very nice hotel, the beach is hughe and really beautiful, they have some beds at the beach that you might rent but they are really comfortable and worth it. The all inclusive program is very good if you want to stay at the hotel and have fun there. You can find any kind of drinks and eat all day. If you are more an explorer you might walk a little bit and you will find great restaurants in the area within a walking distance. Also the best night life in Cancun is located just a few steps from the hotel. I will definitely go back to this hotel for my next holidays in Cancun. It was soooo much fun and I could find everything I needed there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
KrystalCUN-Maitre, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Cancun, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for sharing your special experience with us. It was an honor to be a part of this wonderful occasion and I will share your kind comments with our staff as they strive daily to exceed the expectations of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
McCook Lake, SD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We upgraded to the tower B with Balcony, and the rooms were nice and had very nice showers. The unfortunate thing is that all rooms in Tower B have a door to an adjoining room. The first part of our stay overlapped with spring break, so we had loud music starting to be played at 11 PM and then were awoken the next morning at 5AM when the boys came back in for the night. After they left, a family with a small child checked in, but only had minimal crying at late hours.
The pool had minimal palm trees/shaded areas around it, so we spent most of our time on the beach under the grass-topped huts. Lifeguards on the beach were very active to attempt to keep people safe from the undertow. (We saw them pull out 4 people when we were there for 1 week.) Nice location in walking distance to many entertainment options.

Room Tip: Tower B, closest to lobby end.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to have had you with us during your most recent visit to Cancun and are pleased to hear that you had pleasant experience in your holidays
We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see most of your visit went as planned, however some things did not go how we would expect. Rest assure, we will take the necessary measures to do an internal follow up with our staff to ensure that issues such as you have mentioned do not happen in the future.

We hope to see you again soon!
Holmen, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Timeshare owner at NH Krystal for 6 years and have never been treated so poorly... I checked in with spouse and two children and the place was overrun with rude,obnoxious college students struggling to get the most of their all inclusive investment...Only to find out that the hotel wasn't putting on any extra staff to provide the necessary service one would come to expect from an all inclusive program. Because of the change to an all inclusive program the staff have no incentive to meet the basic level of service one would expect as a full paying member of the KIVC. As a result , I took my business this year to other businesses near the hotel. In my estimation; I spent $500 less at the hotel account of the lack of service. Rooms need to be updated as well. Sliding windows, air conditioners, plumbing are all showing their age in the old section of the hotel. KIVC & RCI travelers have been put on the back burner in seach of those willing to pay for an in expensive hotel room, onl;y to be overcharged for an all inclusive program that doesn't offer what is advertised.

Room Tip: Stay in the new tower.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent experience at The Krystal Cancun

We are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel, all of which attributed to you feedback. It is obvious on this occasion we missed several key steps in service.

We would also like to thank you for your comments. Those ones help us out to improve our services. Should you wish to discuss anything further we maybe contacted at lvpaguilar@gmail.com
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This was our second time at the Krystal and we will be back. I will admit even the new tower could use some work. There were cracked tiles in the hallways and damage to the walls which was probably from guests partying, but the balcony's and ocean views cannot be beat. The first 4 days of our stay they were hosting "Student City Spring Break" and it was pretty rowdy. We however never book all inclusive as we like to get out and see the places we are visiting so we just left to a different beach for the day.
This hotel is in the perfect location. You can walk to beautiful beaches, restaurants, shopping and clubs. The continental breakfast that comes free when you stay in the Club room was great. Cereal, yogourt, fruits, toast, juices and coffee.
We also booked transportation and excursions through Olympus Tours and they were fantastic, as usual. Everyone pretty much has the same price for excursions so don't waste your time talking to them all. Also the markets were not willing to negotiate their prices as much as in the past. Don't spent too much time shopping... enjoy the beach! It is by far the best part of Cancun.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying at Krystal Cancun during your recent visit to Cancun.
We are delighted to have had you with us and we are pleased to hear that you had pleasant experience in your holidays

sunbird17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

As a 50 year old woman novice traveler with a 16 year old daughter, I couldn’t have asked for more. After reading the reviews I wasn’t expecting too much, in fact, I thought I had made a mistake. Was I wrong! The Krystal Cancun is gorgeous with welcoming, helpful staff everywhere. We started out in an ocean view room in the older section. The view was beautiful and room was clean and acceptable. Check out the pictures online. They are accurate. However, we went during Spring Break and our room was sandwiched between loud students. The next morning we asked if we could upgrade to a quieter location. Arturo at the front desk was very accommodating and moved us to a room in the new tower. That view was breathtaking! The room was modern and clean. You can hear the music from the club next door at night, but it wasn’t overwhelming. I had ear plugs but didn’t use them. The location is great and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. We had an all-inclusive package and still had the full attention of the hotel staff. They swarmed like busy bees and catered to our needs. I recommend finding a waiter you like and staying in that spot. We liked Luciano and Venustiano, but there were many others that were great. We also took advantage of the dine-out program which offers dinners at participating restaurants like hard rock cafe, Senor Frogs and the Hacienda El Mortero. The bell hop we loved was Jann. We did tip, but not until the 2nd to the last day, so the service wasn’t based on tips. Be kind and you will receive the same. My biggest complaint was the constant badgering from timeshare people. I wasn't expecting that inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Request the new tower before you go!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

We hope to welcome you back to Krystal Cancun in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of the slightest assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at lvpaguilar@gmail.com
Bolton Valley, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I found the hotel average. I was expecting worse based on reviews here. The only complaint I have was they should have a menu option restaurant available for all inclusive. The buffet gets old quick. Breakfast was the best. I found the room service as the best meal in the hotel and would have ordered it three meals a day had i realized how good it was. The dine out program was ok but lacked options and was for dinner only. The mexican restaurant was very good and should be available everyday. We stayed in the new tower which was fine we went into the old part to check in and it did smell funny and i would have switched rooms had we been there. I will say that it is awesome location and the best there is in my opinion. I would stay again if the price was as good as i got.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

We hope to see you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Let me preface this by saying that I went to Cancun as a college senior on spring break...so I only had one thing on my mind. However, I have traveled to other places before as a "normal" person and with the expectations of any normal adult on vacation. So, I can understand the mixed reviews, but I am trying to say this as a person and not a spring breaker.

POSITIVES- GREAT location, so many great restaurants and bars were within walking distance....the rooms might not have been the nicest but they were CLEAN and somebody came everyday to check...the food was kind of the same every day, but very good....nice beds on the beach to lay down on without getting sandy

NEGATIVES- everything from the bar service to room service seemed to take WAY to long and we paid for an all inclusive trip and didn't realize at first that we had to tip so they straight up started to ignore me and my friends until one of us finally asked what was wrong (sorry for the run-on sentence), not much variety was offered in the hotel, you basically had to do the same things every day (but that is what legs are for)

Overall, I liked the resort, it was just a few pet peeves like the bartenders and waiters ignoring you if you didn't tip them. Even if you are not a "spring breaker," they seemed to put most of the spring breakers on the 1st-3rd floors of the older part. They probably wanted to keep an eye on us. So for spring breakers, it is absolutely worth it. When I told people from other hotels I stayed there, they said "lucky the Kyrstal is where it is at." A lot of parties go there. For other travelers...I understand you probably have more money for a nicer resort but it's not bad for the price and at least you might be amused. And as someone else said, they wont serve drinks until eleven and shut the bar down by 11 at night, so us crazy kids wont annoy you for THAT long ;-).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays with us is a most pleasant and memorable one. I regret we were not able to uphold that goal on this occasion. By reporting to us the issues you experienced during your stay, you have aided us in enhancing the well-established reputation that Krystal Cancun strives so diligently to uphold.

We hope to welcome you back to Krystal in the not too distant future. In the meantime, if I may be of the slightest assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (998) 848 98 00.

Been to Krystal Cancun? Share your experiences!