“Great value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
San Francisco, California
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I would rate Flamingo 3-1/2 stars. Overall, I was happy and would recommend the hotel, but there were a few areas of improvement the hotel may want to address. Let's start with the good. I loved the location of this hotel- it's on the hotel zone strip, so it was VERY convenient- we were picked up by most of our tour groups, we could walk a few feet to the GORGEOUS beach, and at night, take the bus downtown easily and quickly for less than $1 (the bus stop was literally outside the hotel and super easy and safe to take to the prime nightlife areas.) The staff was very kind and accommodating and spoke very good English & the room was bright, clean, and comfortable.

There were a few inconveniences that made me dock a star. First of all, the wifi is $7/day (which seemed expensive, and you need to sign up with a different username everyday) and signal was weak in the room- several times, I had to go outside or to the lobby to connect to wifi. The hotel also charged for local calls from the phone in the room, which is fine, but the phone couldn't connect to any of the local numbers I tried to call (so weird) We requested towels on one of the days but I think they forgot because we never received any. Also, the TV was very fuzzy and difficult to watch. All of these things were little annoyances and inconveniences, but nothing major that would make me want to leave or not recommend to others. However, sometimes it's the little details that matter and help one hotel outweigh another when making a decision as to where to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto C, Gerente at Flamingo Cancun Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Cbanaga:

Thank you so much for your excellent review for Flamingo Cancun Resort.

These details as you mention are very important for us and most important your recommendation to other guest that enjoyed our great location in addition to our services.

Hope you visit us soon and we will take care of you

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay back in May. I am going down again in December. I live in Nashville and it is very easy to get to Cancun. I ate at the buffet only and there was only one day that it was disappointing. I was there 6 nights. The beach is beautiful. I loved the fact that Margaritaville is just across the street. And Bubba Gumps is down from it. The room was basic but contemporary and nice. The ocean view was to die for. I could sit on the balcony forever. That breeze at night was awesome. I was on the 5th floor. I want to try the beachside restaurant in December. It is a very short walk to the club zone which has a lot of bars and restaurants. In the other direction it is a short walk to shopping and restaurants/bars on the lagoon. I especially enjoyed Hooters. I liked to sit there and have there 3 for 2 drink specials. Yes, a very good trip.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ocean view. Haggle on the price.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Roberto C, Gerente at Flamingo Cancun Resort, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Wowww Gregory n¡¡

Thank you so much for your excellent review. For sure we will be waiting for you not only in December this is your home any time.

Flamingo Cancun Resort is improving always for you.

Berwick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Absolutely LOVE this hotel !!!!! My family and I have been using this Hotel for 12 years. (Multiple times a year ) excellent food and great staff. I've seen wonderful changes over the years . My children have spent many great vacations here now it's time for our grandchildren. See you in two weeks !!!!

Stayed November 2013
Roberto C, Manager at Flamingo Cancun Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Aaron

Everybody at Flamingo Cancun Resort thank you so much for your preference these changes and efforts are for all of you.

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to see you soon! with grand kids and all family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We just returned from our trip to Cancun and stayed at the Flamingo. The staff there were pleasant (not rude) but due to language barrier I didn't feel that they understood everything we asked for or needed. We encounted an ok room, it feels like an older hotel when you first walked in.....I wasn't impressed. When we turned on shower, the water was overflowing out of shower place. I went to complain to hotel the next day thinking that we were going to get a new room but they stated that there were no other room available (disappointed as I didn't feel the hotel was fully packed). Maintenance did come and fixed the shower head. We had to ask 3 times before we were able to open the safe since it locked up on us prior to our check-in.......

Food was average to good. There were times when I felt that the bakery were a day or two old.......but for most part it was average to good.

Wished there were more information about how things were ran there. For example, we were never given a towel card until we went and got towels......such an inconvenience!

Felt that although it was all-inclusive - waiters were very slow in getting us drinks. Wished I knew that they served cappucino the first day because we didn't know until we saw someone get a cup on the 3rd day of stay :(

Although they don't sell time share, every time you walk out of hotel you would get a few people asking you about the Member's exclusive for hotel.

There is a show twice a week - a real plus to the hotel! We enjoyed the show!!

Overall, for the price, it was very reasonable place to stay if you don't mind an average room.

Wished there was recap of how hotel was ran and what was included in your stay. Everything we did, we had to find out the hard way or long way and just wished we knew earlier on the stay.

Pool area were great and beach was fantantic! Location cannot be better as you can walk to the mall.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with an ocean view...... They give all their guess Senor Frog dinners (we had...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Roberto C, Gerente at Flamingo Cancun Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear NanGuy2014:

Thank you so much for your preference Flamingo Cancun Resort.

We are really so sorry that a few incidents have change our five star ratings

Hopefully you can give us another change to change your point of view

Chugiak, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself turned out to be somewhat disappointing. It is an older hotel that just seemed a little drab. The rooms (at least the one we had) was smaller than a standard room and had no coffee maker, frig., or microwave. There was no information in the room about the surrounding area or any of the amenities that the hotel offered. The rooms are centered around a small courtyard pool - so there is a lot of noise from that. There were large reddish brown ants, and tiny microscopic bugs crawling all over in the bathroom the entire time we were there. The toilet took 3-5 flushes EACH & EVERY time you used it. On the up side - the view was great (ocean view), staff was efficient, helpful and pleasant. A few restaurants are located across the street and the bus stops right out front.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Aksalagal:

Thank you so much for your review. It is a shame that you have not enjoyed our resort as other guest did.

Hope you can visit and change your point of view here at Flamingo Cancun Resort is our main porpoise to have all guest satisfied.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Visited Flamingo Restort Cancun first week of June. During our vacation it rained 4/5 days so stayed at the hotel most of the time. Great food you must get the all inclusive with the food! Beach is perfect always clean! Staff is very friendly will always greet you. Waiter gave us advice of what places to visit during trip which was very helpful. If I would go to Cancun I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Must get a room with ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Roberto C, Manager at Flamingo Cancun Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Soni L:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. At Flamingo Cancun Resort one of our main goals is to do the best for all guest.

We have one of the best locations at Cancun near everything

Hope you visit us again soon
Castleton On Hudson, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Hotel rooms are small and dated. No refrigerators until you ask for half the day to get one. They advertise suites but are not actually suites. They are selling some time share (hotel Share is what they called them)units but you can't book them or upgrade to them. So it is just a big tease. Restaurant for breakfast is small crowded and has poor food selections and not tastey. One bar near pool (small). You can buy all inclusive or non inclusive. Save your money and get a non inclusive package. Location on strip is great. Shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Bus runs all the time and very user friendly. I would recommend staying in that area of the strip but in a differnt hotel. The beach is big with white sand. This part of the strip is located on the ocean with good size waves. The other part of the strip is located on the bay or lagoon.

Room Tip: Try a differnt hotel. Best rooms overlook the pool 2nd floor or better.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear dcamper2u:

Thank you so much for your review.

It is a shame that you have not enjoyed our hotel as other guest did.

Hopefully you can visit us very soon and change your point of view. At Flamingo Cancun Resort is very important and our main goal is to have all guest satisfied.

Best regards

Been to Flamingo Cancun Resort? Share your experiences!