“Not really worth the price paid” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not really worth the price paid”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

The Le Blanc Spa is a beautiful hotel with friendly staff. Upon arrival we were presented with a glass of coconut milk and a cool moist towel. (Truthfully though, I have never cared about having a moist towel, whatever the temperature.) Our room had a comfortable bed, large jacuzzi tub and shower with multiple heads/sprayers.

That being said, there are a few reasons why I think it is overpriced. First of all, despite having three or four restaurants (included in the price), the food was not good. It was artistically presented, but really, who cares if it doesn't taste good? One night we had lobster at Lorenzillo's located just down the street, which was so much better than anything we had at the hotel.

Secondly, our room was on the first floor not facing the beach. I think that when you pay $600 or $650 a night, that just seems wrong.

A few other little things:

-Our bathroom door handle fell off on the first day and was never fixed.
-Although I'm sure well-intentioned, there were too many phone calls/knocks on our door to see how we were doing after we arrived. One phone call would have been sufficient.
-The drinks and snacks in our room were never replaced during our stay even though they were supposed to be. One reviewer of this hotel recommended throwing out the snacks you didn't want after having the ones you did, and then they would all be replaced. Unfortunately, this did not work. I know this sounds petty, but remember my comment about the hotel food. It would have been nice to at least have the bottled water the we drank replaced.

So, I think that I would stay at this hotel again if it wasn't all-inclusive and for about half the price we paid.

• Liked — beautiful pool and beach with friendly staff
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

As I am sitting here looking at the snow storm out my window in NJ, I am wishing that I was back at LeBlanc. My husband and I and another couple went there at the end of Feb. to celebrate his 40th bday. As all of the TA readers do before traveling, we were checking reviews daily and at the time that we left there were a lot of negative postings. My husband and I seriously considered going somewhere else due to our dissatisfaction with the place we chose for my 40th (The Palms in Turks&Caicos); but are so glad that we decidedd to stay at LeBlanc - what a wonderful treat! We have been to many Four Seasons and other top rated hotels and LeBlanc was probably one of the best to date.

I want to first review our experiences based on the negatives that we read:

1. Food - no it's not your top Zagat rated food but everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Don't miss out on the 7 course gourmet restaurant -it was excellent; the other restaurants were great as well with no complaints. We were there for 5 nights - any longer we may have ventured out for dinner. A casual burger place like another reviewer suggested may be helpful at LeBlanc.

2. Room - I agree that they should price the very few ocean views differently than the others and you would think with all of the postings that they'd address it but luckily we opted to spend a little more money and get the Royal Governor Suite. The RG was one of the best rooms that we ever experienced. We woke up every morning to the sun rising in our front window and come sunset time we would sit on our side terrace (had a corner room) to watch the sunset beyond the lagoon. We did not hear the night club and were able to sleep with the doors open listening to the ocean every night. I will try to post pictures at a later date since the first time I tried the file was too big to load.

3. Pool Chairs - Many postings had complaints about having to save chairs and we did not experience this whatsoever. We even took some day trips to come back to the pool and had our selection of chairs. Don't miss the pool on the 3rd floor with the comfy pool beds - they were always open and available (something we never got to experience for my 40th at The Palms). Either on the beach or at the pool you can always get a drink from the wait staff with no hassle!

4. Butler Service - A nice touch but we rarely saw him at his desk - think maybe he was in charge of more than 1 floor - but when we called him he answered and actually helped us out a great deal. Take advantage of the 2 free pieces of laundry to iron!

5. Le Blanc "Night life" - LeBlanc had "entertainment" nightly - saw some complaints regarding it but you are in Cancun - if you want wild, crazy all night entertainment talk a walk up the strip. I think if you are an all inclusive resort you probably don't want entertainment (and drinks) going all night. If they did have a club there would be many complaints regarding the noise anyway!

I think those were the top complaints that I've read about - so here is additional info based on our experience.

1. Service - This is how it should be!!! We touched down in Cancun at about 10:30 am "Mexico time" - we were going to hop in a cab if we had to wait too long for the shuttle that was provided through the on-line company that we used but to our delight we had no hassles - it was the 4 of us and one other person and LeBlanc was the first stop.
We got there and were greeted with nice cold towels, juice and we started ordering the margheritas immediately (which were brought to us at the check in desk with a smile). As our continued luck would have it, our wonderful Royal Governor suite was ready and available for check in! Our bags were in our room and we were in our bathing suits by the pool before noon time - that's how you start a vacation!
Yes we did tip - the employees work so hard - and it was always very appreciated. I can go on about the service - all of the wait staff/bar tenders/front desk, etc were excellent (especially Maria at the outside bar), the only problem that we experienced (and why the "above avg vs. excellent" rating) was the housekeeping service. On two different occasions we called to ask them to remove some room service plates and were told that they would be right up and they never showed up (to the point that our butler ended up taking our room service cart away). There were some other little things with housekeeping that still need to be worked on in my opinion.

2. Amenities - Ladies leave all of your hair products behind (except for maybe hairspray) - they have top of the line shampoo/condition, silk infusion, bubble bath, bath salts, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shoe shine kit, etc.

3. Spa Service - one of the best spas that I've been to - WOW! My husband and I had the pleasure of experiencing the couples massage - it was great. They put you through a one hour "process" before the massage even begins that takes you from sauna to steam room - foot bath, jacuzzi, cold tub, warm tub, etc.

4. Excursions - take advantage of the free excursions at LeBlanc, we did the Jungle Tour - lots of fun - we also ventured out on our own to Isla Murjeles and took a trip to see the ruins in Tulum - fun!

Overall we were thrilled with our choice. I think that you get a lot for your money if you compare it other high end places that aren't all inclusive. We like to travel to different places and rarely go back to the same spot but LeBlanc is one of those places that are worthing going back!

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — Having to go home!
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cancun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Excellent room, excellent rate, and many extra's. Thanks to Leslie Matos, she is a super star amongst the travel agent industry.

Stayed February 2007
PENNSYLVANIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

As a surprise present for the holidays, my husband and I took a 5 day vacation to Le Blanc. Our first and lasting impression was that the resort and staff were wonderful! The food was very nice, and the resort was beautiful.
We splurged for the deluxe honeymoon suite and received a room with a partial ocean view and a view of the lagoon and strip. It was a beautiful room. Our first night was glorious. Our second night we both awoke at 1:30am in the morning thinking that Cancun was being bombed. There is a disco across the street that played music so loud that when I opened the hotel door there were at least 8 other doors open with people trying to find the source of the noise (our bed vibrated, no kidding). We waited for an hour and finally dressed and went downstairs to change rooms. The hotel was almost full and they gave us another downgraded room on the first floor. We actually had to wait in line at 3am to get our room changed, many other people were doing the same thing.
The entire resort staff knows about the problem. All of the people either moved hotels or changed rooms the next day that were effected by the noise. The next night, you could see one entire side of the hotel with no room lights on from the beach.
One of the staff people sat with us and told us this was an ongoing problem. 1/3 of their hotel becomes empty when the disco opens up because people will move to another hotel. The hotels (yes, there are a few hotels that hear the noise) have had to get orders from the police to close the disco (which is why we did not hear the music on the first night), but after a couple of weeks it opens up again and they play the music just as loud.
As a point of reference, no one from other parts of the hotel heard the noise-it was quiet and peaceful in our new room. However, there was no beautiful view and many of the deluxe rooms are in the section where you hear the disco.
Just remember, there may be a beautiful, quiet spa in Cancun, but, it is, still after all, Cancun, the land of spring break and strip areas with no obivious noise ordinances.
The hotels that charge a lot and advertise peacefulness, need to get together and try to force the local politicians for some change in their local policies. We wish the top end hotels luck with this ongoing problem, your hotels are beautiful and worth the fight!

• Liked — The Pools And Staff
  • Disliked — The Noise
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Le Blanc for our honeymoon last week. We had such a horrible experience with flight delays and hours spent at the airport that we thought our trip was going to be awful. However, when we finally arrived at Le Blanc we completely changed our mind. This hotel and its staff were amazing. We had such a great time and we can't say enough about the romantic experience the resort created. The spa was incredible, the pools and beach were fantastic, and the food was superb. I will be sure to tell all of our friends about this hotel.

Stayed February 2007
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

SImply outstanding hotel, from the look and feel through the service which was one of the best that we have experienced in Cancun. Restaurants are good but not great. A very, very good gym and spa (expensive..). Highly recommend it as an all-inclusive place to relax in.

• Liked — The overall look and feel of the hotel, common areas as well as the rooms
  • Disliked — Lack of respectable nightly entertainment.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

We stayed in this hotel last July, young couple 26 & 27 it was fantastic!! Everyone is so friendly & they go out of their way to help you.
There wasn't a lot of entertainment in the hotel at night, but you make your own. Its so central that you can just walk into the centre of Cancun, its about a 10 min walk.
The food was amazing & we had fantastic bottles of wine with dinner every night. Possibly the highest standard all inclusive I have ever stayed in. The food was all amazing, not your usual all inclusive buffet here. Although the hotel is perhaps more expensive than others available the money is very well spent. You can tell the difference even with the staff. I have travelled all over the world and only stay in good hotels, but this is most certainly the best I've stayed in.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
We used the Spa & although it is quite pricey its a luxury that is worth every penny, even if you use it just the once. My husband didn't enjoy it as much as I did - He's didn't like all the fuss. Where as I loved it!
There is loads of detail I could go into, but there are loads of reviews for you to look through - Just Go and enjoy yourself! I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — The high standards of everything
  • Disliked — How quiet it was a night
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!