“Relaxing, Romantic getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo 40% Off
Ranked #1 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
“Relaxing, Romantic getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

My Husband and I spent 6 wonderful days at Le Blanc Spa resort. Like many of you, we chose Le Blanc solely by internet reviews and forums. We wanted a destination that didn't take all day to get to (from Chicago), beautiful ocean to swim in, soft sugary sand, no children, and a touch of pampering. The reviews all hit the mark and even surpassed our expectations.

We were impressed from the minute we were met at the airport by our arranged transfer through Chazza travel. Our driver filled us in on the rebuilding status of the area and pointed out interesting land marks on the way to the resort. The van was on time, clean, airconditioned and we had it all to ourselves. As the door opened at Le Blanc the magical scent of the resort was the first sense to be pleased....

With a cold fresh smelling rolled up towel handed to us at check in, to freshen up, and a tall drink in a champagne flute, we could tell immediatley we were going to be pampered. Quickly escorted to our room with our luggage we were told how a few things operated then left to enjoy all the details and luxury in our Ocean Front suite. The Butler arrived shortly and explained his role and duties and offered to iron clothing if needed or unpack for us.....WOW... We loved thethick white towels, the clean shower and floors, the very comphy King size bed and fine linens, the slippers (that I'm wearing every day), the robes, the toiletries, stocked fridge and snacks, the magnificent view both day and night of the ever changing blues in the ocean and pools, the flat screen tv with quiet music playing when you come in after dinner, the dimmer swithches on the lights, the light up alabaster bed side tables (so cool I'd love them in my bedroom), the safe for passports and money (you really didn't need to carry a wallet around), the quiet walls (rarely heard anything from anywhere) except for one windy night when the roof at the top of the atrium outside our room was popping and banging in the strong winds!

Restaurants- We dined at the oriental and italian twice each and the Terrace gourmet tasting once. We both loved the lamb chops entree and the tarimisu dessert at Blancitalia and the Appetizer sampler with spring rolls and tempura shrimp and vegetables and Grilled grouper at the Blancorient. We enjoyed Ernesto as our waiter at Italia. We both thought the terrace dinning was lovely atmosphere but a lot of food and many different wines/champagne....go to that very hungry. Waiters always asked to take your picture if you had your camera with you. Breakfast was amazing at the buffet on the main level. We had such delicious breakfasts we didn't really have large lunches, mostly snacks by the pool that the waiter would order for you and bring right to you poolside. Yummy Nachos. Drinks were plentiful and continuous. We really enjoyed Alex at the main pool and beach. He was so happy to get you everything you wanted. He ran...yes ran, from the beach to the bar to order your food and came back with your drinks while the food cooked. He discovered I liked "coke lite" with lime and even brought a cup of limes for me when he forgot the lime one time! He would keep a cold water bottle and your drink fresh, and replaced before you could even ask for another! He really went far beyond what he need to, happily, and genuinely for our pleasure...other waiters at the pool were good, and prompt when you motioned your need, but Alex just went the extra step before you even needed to ask.

Pool and Ocean- Comfy chairs to lay out on, loved the ones in the pool itself. If you need an umbrella at the beach or pool someone would help you get one and position it just right for you. Nice thick clean white towels, as many as you like, made the day in the sun even more pleasurable. Only Saturday seemed more crowded, but every other day you had your pick of where you wanted to sit. Hanging over the edge of the infinity pool starring off out to the ocean through layers and layers of blue hues was definately my favorite spot....add a yummy frozen drink in a tall curvy glass (plastic) , husband at my side, and the mood was complete...RELAXED Sand was clean, white, soft, sea weed raked up all the time, rough on the last 3 days, but still fun to try and boogie board in.

Baby green sea turtles- we too got the unexpected pleasure of being part of the release to the ocean. In an effort of conservation, the local resorts gather the eggs and place them in a safe area till they hatch. With- in two days of the hatching they are released to the ocean at night so the birds will not get them on their way to the water. It was a neat experience that we will always remember. No cameras were permitted.

In conclusion, we couldn't have been happier with our time at Le Blanc. The staff all deserve a large pat on the back for their sincere dedication to pleasing the guests and their welcoming nature. Other than my travels in Australia, I have never felt more welcome and cared for. I hope to travel here again, it would be the easiest decision I've ever made. If you want to get way from everyday stresses, reconnect with your spouse, honeymoon, or join other couples on a vacation, this is the place. It's calming sounds, relaxing scents, fabulous tastes, soothing waters, and pristine views all add up to a vacation for all your senses!

Thank you Le Blanc for a fabulous 40th birthday...you made turning 40 a complete pleasure!

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,135)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2006

First off, I have to say that this hotel completely exceeded my expectations. Hands down one of the nicest places I have stayed at - all inclusive or not.

First off, we were greeted upon arrival and given a lavendar scented towel to rinse off with. We did not receive a glass of wine as advertised on the internet (only complaint I had). AFter a very smooth check in, we were taken to our room where we were more than happy with the room. The jacuzzi tub and shower were the Bomb!! And the snacks and mini bar were refilled daily. I loved the nightly appetizer that arrived and the turn down service.

As far as restaurants - favorite by far was the Oriental. The filet is superb and the service excellent. The italian wasn't my favorite, but I think I ordered dish that wasn't to my liking as others raved about it. Another favorite restaurant was the International. The morning buffet for breakfast and lunch was fabulous. Lots of options that changed up. Gerardo and Edwardo were great waiters and never let us lift a finger!!

Another great treat was freeing baby sea turtles that the Hotel chain is involved in. They have a foundation that helps save the eggs laid on the beach by the mother and then allow the hotel guests to free them when they hatch. We were there on a record night and we freed over 700 baby turtles. What an experience!

Spa - fabulous. Felt like I was in heaven. Pampering all the way.

Golf - played a round of golf at Moon Palace (sister resort). Beautiful greens and top notch service as well.

Favorite experience was just laying by the infinity pool and relaxing with the music and drink in hand.

Very relaxing, unintimidating, joyful experience. Would go again time and time again!

• Liked — Quiet, RElaxing
  • Disliked — Limited entertainment
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2006

We just returned from our honeymoon week at Le Blanc Spa Resort, and even though we knew it would blow our minds (largely based on reviews we read here on Trip Advisor) it still exceeded all expectations.

Aside from the amazing design sensibility of the building, rooms, pool area, restaurants and Spa, the level of service you experience is unlike anything I have ever seen. I really can't overstate this. The service is what sets this hotel apart; every single person we came in contact with on the staff was genuinely kind, good natured and helpful. We honestly felt like there was nothing we could ask for that they couldn't help us out with.

We got to stay in the honeymoon suite and then we were upgraded to the governor's suite. First, the rooms...mostly clean marble surfaces, with lavish bathrooms and large jacuzzi tubs flush against the huge picture windows that look over the ocean. It feels like you could take a running jump and hit the water, it seems so close. Everything is incredibly polished, and they supply you with all the bathroom products you could ever need. 24-hour room service, which we used for breakfast the first three days. Room service was prompt.

The Spa was otherworldly and lavish. Every room is dim, sparely decorated and smells wonderful. They allow you use of the their "wet lounge" before any treatments (we had four treatments during our 7-day stay, highly recommended). This includes sauna, steam room, foot bath, jacuzzi. They give you a warm neck pillow and lead you to a comfy chaise lounge just before they fetch you for the treatment. Awesome. The single spa treatments are the way to go. We paid for a deluxe couples treatment ($480) and did not feel that we got what we paid for. I would like to note that we addressed this with the staff and they upgraded our next service which we really appreciated.

Food was consistently great. We ate at Oriental three nights and Italian two nights -- Oriental was slightly better and Salvador (waiter) took great care of us.

Our second night there we got to help send some baby sea turtles into the ocean. We got to name the turtles and send them crawling into the ocean (see photo of my turtle). That was excellent.

Very ninor complaints: There was some construction going on right below the hotel with loud jack-hammering during our first two days there. However, we complained to the management and they promptly upgraded us to a gorgeous suite! It really made the week that much more delightful having two HD TV's, a seating area and a double balcony that allowed us to see the sunset (we could see the sunrise through one of our other windows). The only other bugaboo was the pulsating disco music coming from the discoteque across the street, which only got started around midnight. It kept us awake our last nite there, but we were so happy from the whole experience I can't say it bothered us that much :-) Also, they told us that they are working on getting pay per view in the rooms. The movie selection was limited to HBO and Cinemax. We were not lucky with the movie choices during our stay, but we were too blissed out to care all that much.

Please go to this wonderful hotel to enjoy a week of disconnecting. We had come off our wedding week and felt drained, but returned feeling so renewed. You will fall in love with it.

• Liked — Service and hotel design/presentation
  • Disliked — Outside noise (construction and discotech)
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to stay a week if possible.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

We went to Le Blanc with another couple and had fairly high expectations. From the moment we walked in we felt that we had arrived in a very special hotel. The smell alone will convince you. The staff was very professional and attentive; we were in our room in no time and the butler came by to introduce himself and let us know that he was there for us if we needed anything. His name was Alfredo and he really did act the whole time that the four of his were in his charge. Any questions or requests we had he was right there to help us. He even placed a call to some friends at another hotel to deliver a message for us. The bartenders were amazing. Always sincere and gracious, especially Carlos. They do have these funky lopsided glasses though which I had a hard time keeping upright. Lots of topshelf alcohol. The beach service was lacking the first day we were there, but we mentioned it to Alfredo and it improved immediately. The housekeeping staff is on top of taking care of the room at all times. As soon as we would leave they would be in there fixing it up. Also, the turndown service really is the best. I adored the blue screen and peaceful music. So good to come "home" to. We went on a couple of excursions (arranged for us by Alfredo), we thought the underground rivers at Excaret were a waste of time and snorkel gear. You can't see anything in there. The resort is beautiful and we swam with the dolphins which was fun, but it was a very long day to be away from the hotel. One thing I would definitely recommend is the jungle tour on the speed boats. We loved that. It was so much fun! But anyway, we enjoyed being at the hotel most of all. The view is breathtaking. We would stay out at the pool until we had to tear ourselves away for dinner. The food was quite good. The oriental was the best, we thought. Their sushi is very good as well as the tempura. The buffet is great. Some of the food preparation was a little too unusual, especially if your stomach is a little queasy. However, the service is so incredible you can't really complain about anything. If you start feeling not so well, try a drink called Frieta Blanca with club soda. I think that's what it was called anyway. It is like bitters here in the US. Brown stuff that tastes kind of like ginger. Tell the bartender it is for your stomach and he will know what you mean. I was blown away by how well were treated. Yes, we tipped, I felt they worked so hard that they deserved it. I've never been treated so well by any hotel staff. In fact, there are some that I actually miss and of course that view. We were sad to leave. I could have easily stayed another week. I believe you can't go wrong booking this hotel. The rooms, pools and service make it a wonderful and memorable vacation.

• Liked — Service and beautiful location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rayland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

My husband and I just returned from the LeBlanc and had a wonderful time. The service is over the top. I can't say enough about the staff. The late night chocolate and turn down service with pillow menu made you feel like royalty. I did enjoy a spa treatment and was quite pleased. We had no problem with watered down drinks like most all inclusives and also the towels that are offered at the pool are big and fluffy. I will say if you need life night at your hotel, there is not much to offer. But you are close enough to walk to town. The food is gourmet. We like to try new foods, which is fine for us, but a picky eater will have some trouble. Our room had a jacuzzi and mutiple shower heads which was to die for. The bath amenities (ex: bath salts) were plentiful and good. Overall we enjoyed the hotel and staff. Service Plus. Adults only paradise.

Stayed October 2006
Holland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

Just back from 4 nights ending Oct. 18th and we loved it! Most reviews of this place were right on! we will go back.

Food ranged from average (room service, Italian) to the very good buffet to excellent (Oriental...get the filet!) didn't do the international so cannot comment on it. Service was very prompt!

Room- we thought it was gorgeous! we knew it was a french balcony and it would have been nice to sit outside but we knew that going in. from what i could tell the only rooms with full balcony's were the honeymoon suites. bathroom and shower were awesome! (yup, it is slippery when it's wet so be careful). bed was fantastic and the spa by the window was great(always clear water). if your butler was not on your floor all you did was call the butler (it's on the phone...one button) and they were right there the 3-4 times we used him. THIS PLACE SMELLS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! my wife and i both comented (as we heard other guests) how great the WHOLE resort smelled!! serve bar and snacks always filled daily.

Pools- fabulous! very clean! no chemical smells! just the right temperature! infinity pool has a view to die for! We were in all the pools and combined with the service it was the best pool experience we ever had!

Service- MY experience was seeing 99% of the employees working very hard. they were very helpful and quick! the bartenders got drinks lightning fast even when 3 or 4 people were yelling out orders at the same time. i can also tell anybody who wants to know, we tipped every 2-3 drink orders and a few dollars with buffet, dinner etc. most of the people we saw did NOT tip or very rarely. THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE IN SERVICE! I cannot stress this enough. At no time did an employee "hang around" expecting a tip. It was totally hassle free!

OTHER- we accidentally left our safe open twice! (duh!) and nothing was missing. Both my wife and I felt that employees who didn't speak much just weren't proficient enough in English.
Staff overall gets a 10! We met many, many wonderful people from all over! yea australia,england texas,kentucky, tennesee and yes indiana (sorry if i missed anyone)
FROM THE MINUTE WE ARRIVED TO THE MOMENT WE LEFT WE WERE HAPPY, HAPPY AND HAPPY!

We have traveled quite a bit and while some resorts were better in an area or two...nobody has the complete experience like leblanc! p.s. elevators were pretty fast!

Maryland, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

My wife and I decided to spend eight nights at Le Blanc after reading all of the wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor. This would be our third trip to Cancun in as many years and we were eagerly anticipating a relaxing, stress-free vacation. Our initial impression of Le Blanc was that it was pretty much what previous reviewers had described – the lobby was nice, the rooms were nice, the restaurants were good, and the pools were pleasing. I guess where we differ from most other reviewers is that although everything was “nice” we were not “blown away” with any single aspect of the resort and in fact were somewhat disappointed with a few things.

Because of all of the fantastic reviews that we read about Le Blanc I guess we expected to be really impressed with the resort’s food, quality, luxury, service, etc. but we really did not encounter much at Le Blanc that we had not previously encountered at most of the other all-inclusive resorts that we had previously visited (in Cancun, Jamaica, and Dom. Republic). This is not meant to be a ding against Le Blanc (because it is a nice resort) but, in our opinion, the resort rarely exceeds “nice” and sometimes doesn’t even measure up to that standard.

Rooms
The rooms were nicely decorated and adequately furnished. The flat panel tv adds a nice touch. The bed and pillows were very comfortable (we found it extremely difficult just getting out of the bed). The shower—with its six heads—was really cool and the view from our room was incredible. We would wake in the morning with the curtains drawn and the first thing you would see is the sun coming up over the deep blue water! But we did not like the overall layout of the room. We found that we missed not having a “full” balcony. We knew beforehand that most of the rooms did not have balconies but when we were there we found that we really missed not being able to sit on the balcony in the morning to enjoy coffee or in the evenings with a cocktail. We also did not like the three steps that lead from the bed to sliding glass doors. You have to be careful (especially in the morning) or you can really hurt yourself in a fall. We had a couple of close-calls. Also, the Jacuzzi is nice and big but when we arranged with the butler to have a bath prepared for us one evening, we returned to the room to find that the Jacuzzi bath had been prepared as requested (along with a bottle of champagne and strawberries) and just as we were ready to get in we noticed a brown-colored sludge floating on the surface of the water. Obviously this killed the evening for us. We notified housekeeping the next day and they promptly sent someone to fix whatever was wrong. We were never told what the sludge was and we never got up enough nerve to try the Jacuzzi again. Overall, the room was nice but we did not find it to be much different from the rooms at other resorts that we’d visited.

Overall, we thought that the food was “good.” There was not anything that really impressed us or anything that we really disliked. We thought that the Asian restaurant was the better of the four restaurants where we had dinner because of the variety and quality of the food served. We especially liked the tempura and filet mignon. Plus the service was really fast. The other restaurants were good but were not particularly impressive. The breakfast buffet was good with a lot of variety. We ordered room service a couple of times and ate at the pool a couple of times. Again, the food was okay but nothing exceptional.

The service overall was pretty good but was inconsistent in some areas. We found that the restaurant, bar, concierge, and spa staff was very good and very professional.
But the outdoor staff was inconsistent. On a couple of occasions when we would go outside to sit poolside, the attendants seemed not to be very anxious to provide towels and umbrellas. They were not openly hostile about the requests but you could tell that they were not “enthusiastic” about such requests either. And sometimes drink requests were met with the same kind of indifference. And what particularly irked me about some of the outside staff is that they seemed to be more interested in fraternizing with co-workers rather than making sure guests were taken care of. Or they tended to pay more attention to certain groups of guests. Suffice it to say that not all guests received the same level of attention. And my dissatisfaction was compounded by the fact that the resort was not very busy during our stay and I saw several occasions where the staff would congregate and spend significant amounts of time just socializing. Now, to be fair, the service was not “poor” (they would come right away when signaled) but I felt that with the number of employees that I saw standing around that service would have been a lot better. Service in all of the restaurants was very good and very professional

Overall
My overall impression of Le Blanc is that it is a “good” resort and delivers on most of what you’d expect from a resort of this caliber. However the spa and the gym were the only two areas where we felt like Le Blanc surpasses most other resorts. The spa was “other-worldly” and the gym was better than most commercial gyms that I’ve seen. The room was clean and comfortable but not necessarily magnificent. The outdoor staff, for the most part, was very helpful and very nice but not necessarily inspired or motivated. The food was good and plentiful but not necessarily memorable.

We booked our room as part of Le Blanc’s current discount promotion (20% off ). But I have to honestly say that without the 20% discount the resort would be a little overpriced. We felt like we got exactly what would be expected for the amount that we paid. We would recommend Le Blanc to friends and family but probably wouldn’t go back ourselves. We just feel like it just kind of falls more into the “typical” all-inclusive resort experience without necessarily providing enough unique, unrivaled, or awe-inspiring experiences.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — The outside attendants
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!