“Loved LeBlanc” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Round Rock, TX
“Loved LeBlanc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

THIS IS VERY LONG - almost 8 pages printed - hope you enjoy.

SUMMARY
-------------
We just got back from Le Blanc Spa & Resort and we LOVED it. The minimalist decor was very unique and quite elegant. The food was excellent, the service was exceptional, the infinity pools are amazing, the beach is wide, and the hotel is top notch.

I would recommend Le Blanc without hesitation. We have been to Moon Palace, Crown Paradise Club, El Dorado Royale, Royal Hideaway, Aventura Spa Palace, Secrets Excellence, and Allegro Resort in Cozumel. We felt that Le Blanc compared to Royal Hideaway, Secrets Excellence, and Royal Plantation (in Jamaica).

We can't wait to go back. Let me know if you have any questions after reading my trip report. Cyndi

ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE
----------------------------------
We flew in on American from Austin. We had to change planes in Dallas. There were some storms in the Houston area so we had to go around them, which made us about 10 minutes late arriving. We landed about 1:30PM. Our bags didn't take long and we got the green light through customs. The whole immigration process is SOOO MUCH better than Jamaica.

I had booked our transfer with Cancun Vans. It was a private transfer for 2 for a special price of $48 roundtrip - a great deal. They were waiting for us with our names on a sign right in the front as soon as we walked out of the terminal. They took our picture and quickly loaded us in an air conditioned van - big enough for 8-10 people. We left right away (about 2PM). Le Blanc is further down on the Cancun strip so it took us about 20-25 minutes to get there. There was a bellman waiting for us as soon as we arrived. We tipped the driver and were escorted to the lobby. We were welcomed by Daniella and we immediately were brought the cool towels and drink. Check in was a breeze. We gave them our credit card and they put our "bracelets" on. This is the part I don't like. RH, SERC, and RP do not require the wrist bands. They are clear which made them less noticeable, but nonetheless you knew you had it on.

Cancun Vans confirmed our return time when they dropped us off and they were there promptly at 3:15 on Monday, July 10th for our return flight at 5:48PM. I would highly recommend their services. I was able to pay via PayPal in advance and they sent me an email with my confirmation which I just had to show when we arrived and then give them the bottom off on the return.

Our flight back was delayed 2 hours due to mechanical problems, so American put us up in the Hilton at Dallas and we got a 6:18AM flight back to Austin on Tuesday. It was tough getting up at 4AM after having been lazy all week and not getting up before 7:30 or 8AM.

ACCOMMODATIONS
--------------------------
After check-in, we were directed to the elevators and told that our luggage would be sent to our room. We were in room 810. This was on the 8th floor (there are 9 floors total) closer toward the ocean. Basically, the first room number on the ocean side is 800 - which is closer to the elevators / lobby. The last room on the ocean side was 814, so our room was about 10 rooms down and 5 from the end. We had a fabulous location with an incredible ocean view. We had requested top floor, ocean view, with a king bed and our request was perfectly accommodated. The hotel is kinda shaped like a triangle, so after room 814, the next few rooms would probably have a view of the ocean and lagoon. Then the rooms on the back side have the view of the lagoon. It looked like these had a larger sliding glass door area, but no walk out balcony, but I didn't see one, so I can't be sure. You would get some ride noise if you were on the lagoon side. In our case, we had the ocean noise ;-)

The room was beautiful - a little bigger than most Sandals rooms, and about the same size as Secrets Excellence. You walked in and the bathroom was on the right. It is all done in marble. There is a single sink with a small vanity with a nice lighted make up mirror. There is a glass wall that separates this from the toilet and shower. It's a nice size (bigger than a Marriott or Hilton bathroom). There is a wall with a little nook separating the bathroom from the bedroom. We had a king size bed, TV, fully stocked mini bar and liquor cabinet, small table for your suitcase, desk and chair, and night stands on each side that lit up. You stepped down 4 steps to the area with your 2 person (could almost fit 4 people) where there was also a small round table and 2 chairs. The sliding glass doors led to a small 2' x 6' balcony (can stand to look out, but too small for table or chairs). It was really romantic at night. They had soft lighting and you could sit in the Jacuzzi, drink champagne, eat the Petit Fours they brought every night and watch the waves roll up on the beach plus see the Cancun skyline. We slept with the sliding doors open so we could hear the waves crashing in the morning and at night (it was red flag days the whole time we were there).

I called for our pillows immediately. They were out of Lavender and Chamomile, so I got the Orthopedic and Water pillows. They didn't come right away, so when we went down for lunch, I mentioned it to the butler. Later that night coming out of dinner, I mentioned we still didn't have them and it was because we had to sign a form - just a formality. He ran to get the form, we signed it and when we got back to the room on our first night, they were there. I loved the orthopedic pillow (I use one at home). The water pillow must have weighed 10 pounds and my husband kept joking about it. He liked it, though, because it didn't move at all!!! Although one night, he thought it leaked because he got up and the floor was all wet. It turned out it was just humidity because we had the AC going full blast and had the sliding glass doors opened!

We had consistent maid service and turn down service every day. We never had a case where we came back to the room from the pool/beach for the day and the room wasn't done. Also, no matter what time we went to dinner (which was usually between 8PM and 9PM), we had fresh towels and bed turned down. Each evening they delivered the Petit Fours at around 6PM.

We didn't use room service other than for breakfast one morning. We requested it between 7:30 AM and 7:45AM and they were there promptly at 7:30AM. I ordered strawberries, even though it wasn't listed, and sure enough, I got a huge plate of strawberries. The coffee was piping hot. I liked their coffee better than Jamaica because it wasn't as strong. You also had a choice of milk or cream and the cream I think made it tastier. Below are some more details on the room and amenities.

Pillow Menu

BioSilk products by Farouk
Shampoo
Conditioner
Silk Therapy Hair Serum
Toothbrush & Tooth paste (2)
Vanity Set with Qtips, flat cotton pads, and emery boards
Shower Cap
Shoe Polisher
Shoe Cleaner (white cloth)
Mouthwash

Peanut M&Ms
Hershey Bars (assorted)
Peanuts
Pistachios
Japanese peanuts (crunchy like)
Oats & Granola Bar

Cork Screw

Other
Robes (2)
Slippers (2) - for you to keep
Conair Blow Dryer (1600 watts)
Coffee Pot
Coffee (Decaf and Regular packets)
McCormick Tea Bags

All Marble shower with Moen Faucets
2 Shower Heads on opposite walls
4 Swedish Shower jets and seat on one wall
Single Sink
2 person Jacuzzi tub (huge)

POOLS
---------
There are 3 pools - lagoon, lobby, and 3rd floor. The lagoon pool was the warmest and the quietest. We usually ended our days there since they had pool volleyball usually around 2PM each day. The lobby and 3rd floor pools are negative edge and the view is amazing. The 3rd floor pool was the smallest and the coldest. The lobby pool was large and a comfortable temperature. I didn't think any of the pools were too cold - they were all refreshing. If anything, the lagoon pool was too warm. The lobby/main pool is probably the biggest and most beautiful. It never felt crowded and the service at the swim up bar was excellent. The lagoon pool also had a swim up bar and the service their was great. They had wait staff at the beach and pools to take your drink or food orders. They were always around and did a great job.

They did not have rafts. However, on the first day, another guest who was staying there left her raft for me, so I had one all week. When I left, I gave it to another couple that we met. I did not see anywhere in the gift shop where you could buy a raft, but I didn't really look too hard either. A lot of people just leave their rafts there when they leave. I did notice if you got up early enough that you could usually snag a raft that someone left because they put them behind the towel area at night. I also think, if you tipped one of the pool guys that they would "arrange" to make sure you had one.

We saw 2 woman who were topless at the pool, but not for long. They discreetly must have said something because they seemed to disappear down to the beach.

The towels were plentiful. Armando would set us up by the pool everyday and would tuck a towel in on the chair and use a second towel to create a nice pillow. If you wanted fresh towels throughout the day, they were always at the towel hut by the main/lobby pool. And the same, at the lagoon pool and also were a pile of clean towels on a chair at the 3rd floor pool. It was so nice. If you go, you will be able to spot Armando right away. He is the "lifeguard", but really was lifeguard, towel boy, pool boy, ... - you name it. He was incredibly hard working. He didn't say a lot - just made sure that you were always comfortable and were perfectly set up with your towel(s), chair, and umbrella. If he'd come back to the states, I'd hire him in a heart beat.

We only saw 1 outdoor Jacuzzi (the web site claims 2) and this was under repair, so we didn't get to use it.

The pool bars were open from 8AM - 10PM!!!! I think if there wasn't anyone in the pool that they may have closed early - never found out because the latest we stayed in the pool one night was 7PM.

ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT
-------------------------------------------
There was some entertainment, but in general, the resort was very quite during the day and evening. They did have water and beach volleyball once a day, so my husband was happy. They also had games you could borrow (Backgammon, Scrabble, Dominoes, Jenga, Battleship, ...) and a small selection of books. There was music at breakfast and some entertainment in the lobby around happy hour and in the evenings up stairs in the 3rd floor bar. Summary is below

Since this hotel is on the strip, you can easily walk down town to Pat O'Brien's, Congo Bongo, Senor Frogs, or one of the other bars. I'd say most of the bars are within a 3-10 block radius of the hotel. You can also take the bus (think it is like 50 cents) or a taxi. My husband walked to town one morning while I worked out, but we didn't venture off the property at night. We met some couples there (4 in total) who dropped almost $400 on drinks at Senor Frog's one night!!! .

Morning Breakfast 8-11 AM

String Orchestra - Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday
Harp - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday

@ 9:30PM
Magic Show - Wednesday

@10PM (till 11:45 PM or midnight)
Singer Samara - Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Jazz Band - Monday and Saturday
Saxophone - Wednesday

Other Activities
------------------
Cooking Lessons (sushi one day and guacamole another day)
Water Aerobics (1 day)
Towel Decoration (couple days a week)
Bracelet Making (almost every day)
Backgammon Clinic (almost every day)

SPA
------
The spa was spectacular. We each had 2 treatments. You can use the sauna, steam, Jacuzzi, cold/hot plunge pools, foot whirlpool, and facilities at no charge for your first 48 hours. They don't tell you this, so remember to ask. I don't know what the charge is after that. We did treatments on 2 different days and so there was no charge either. The facilities are NOT coed, so you can't enjoy them with your sweetie, which was a bummer. Also, you have to wear a bathing suit while in the common areas.

The spa is amazing. It is huge and like being in another world. The ambience is beyond any spa we have been to and I have a lot to compare (Lake Austin Spa, Aventura Spa Palace, all the Sandals spas, Secrets Excellence, California spas, ...).

We did the couples massage first. It was $172 per person for an 80 minute massage if you were in separate rooms and $200 per person if you wanted to be in the same room. We paid the extra to be in the same room. They have a number of different selections for massages. Interestingly, they are pretty much all the same price (i.e. aromatherapy is the same as hot stone). We opted for the "Q1" 4 Elements Stone massages - this was the "earth, wind, fire, and rain" massage.

You pay in advance (charge to your room). When you check in they ask you your sandal size. They then take you to the lockers and give you your robe, slippers, and towel. It's great because the sandals actually fit. I forgot to take my jewelry off in advance, so they also gave me a safe deposit box to store all my jewelry - I was a little nervous about just keeping it in the locker.

I arrived early so I could enjoy the spa. They escorted me to the sauna first and asked how long I wanted to stay in. While you are laying there, they come in with a lovely orange floral scented cool towel that they place over your face. After the sauna, I relaxed in the steam room. This was absolutely amazing. It is about 3-4 times the size of the steam room at RP and they have neon lights that change from green, blue, yellow, pink, ... With the steam all around you, it looked so cool. After that they have a cool (not freezing cold) high pressure shower to rinse off. I also did the Jacuzzi which could fit about 12 people. I didn't do the hot and cold plunge pools since the hot pool wasn't filled and the foot whirlpool wasn't working on the women's side either. My husband said the foot whirlpool was very comfortable, but the water was cold and he would have preferred hot water.

I showered again before my treatment and then they took me to the waiting area to meet up with my husband. They put the buckwheat neck pillow on you that we so warm and toasty. They ask if you want anything to drink and you wait for your therapists to come out. We were escorted to our room which was dimly let with candles and had a 2 person shower in it. They started with a foot bath, then had you choose your aromatherapy scent (green tea, lavender, and one other scent I forget). They left while you disrobed and had you lay on the table face down. They did not skimp on the minutes - it was every bit of a full 80 minutes. They started with the back, then legs, then flipped over and did the arms, legs, neck, and finished with a head massage. They used the hot stones and it was perfect. When you flipped over on to your back, they put some type of foil with mudd on it and then peeled this off at the end. I would HIGHLY recommend this treatment. I read on Trip Advisor that your butler can give you a $15 off coupon for spa services. I didn't read this till after we got back, so I didn't ask. After your massage, they escort you back to the common area and you can just relax with a nice cup of green tea.

For our second treatment, we did 50 minute massages in individual rooms ($108 per person). We opted for the Shirodora. This is the one where they do a foot bath first, then your neck and back (no legs), turn over, and they pour the hot oil on your forehead and do a head and foot massage. It was great and different, although I missed not having my legs and arms done. I would recommend it, though, because the head and foot massage were excellent. When I looked at the clock, she had actually gone over by 5 minutes! We also got to enjoy the common area before and after just relaxing together - we were just in different rooms for the actual treatment.

I liked paying in advance because you don't have to worry about settling your bill when you are all relaxed and just want to veg out. I came out of the spa and my husband was in the waiting area outside the spa/gym/salon with 2 mojitos and the dominoes. We went up to the lobby bar outside and played dominoes for a while. They took great care of us up there. They brought us snacks (peanuts and chips without asking) and every time my mojito got about half finished a new one appeared - truly incredible service.

GYM
------
The gym and personal trainers were the best ever. They had all new LifeFitness 95x series equipment. This included:

Treadmills (3)
Recumbent Bike (2)
Regular Bike (1)
Elliipticals (4)
Full weight circuit
Free Weights

They had some scheduled classes and you could make an appointment with one of 4 personal trainers any time (3 guys and 1 girl). The classes included:

Stretching
Pilates Reformer
Pilates Mat
Spinning
Yoga
Circuit Training

I worked out twice a day for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. I did 35 minutes on the elliptical each time and 25 minutes of stretching. I was burning 600-700 calories a day, and I still gained 5 lbs in 8 days!!!!! Which brings me to the details on the food and beverage.

RESTAURANTS
-------------------
Le Blanc has 4 restaurants:

Blancintl - International (buffet breakfast & lunch, a la carte dinner)
Blancitalia - Italian
Blancorient - Oriental (Japanese, Chinese, Thai)
Blancstage - Gourmet (12 mini courses paired with wine)

For dinner, all but the International require reservations. All of them are a la carte. For lunch, they also had an a la carte option on the third floor by the 3rd floor infinity pool, but we never tried it.

We had no problem getting our time choice. We typically ate at 8:30. For the Gourmet, they only have a 7PM and a 9PM seating, so we did the 9PM. This is unusual for us. We typically eat at 6PM at home and when we go to Sandals we schedule 7PM (7:30 usually at the latest). However, I usually worked out around 5PM - 6PM and my husband stayed in the pool drinking. He could wave to me from the lagoon pool while I killed myself on the elliptical. Thank goodness I did though or I would have gained 10 pounds!

Buffets
--------
For breakfast, they had yogurts, fruit, cheese, deli meats, oatmeal with cinnamon, granola, hot chocolate, juices, white and chocolate milk, Mexican appetizers, made to order waffles, eggs, pancakes, French toast, omelettes, poached eggs, eggs benedict, fried bananas, bacon, sausage, home fries, hash browns, Monte potatoes (had cheese in them), cottage cheese, cream cheese, croissants, danish, salad, and more. In other words, they had EVERYTHING!

For lunch, it was just as extensive. They had cook to order flank steak, ribeye steak, salmon, shrimp, sausage, burgers, plus pork, chicken, beef, and veal selections. They had 2 kinds of soup, salad with tons of dressings, fruit, crab claws, cheeses, olives, deli meats, cook to order pasta, nachos, guacamole, queso, meat sauce, fish pastry wraps, baked potatoes, banana tempura, 6 ice cream flavors, flan, tarts, cakes, chocolate desserts, sponge cake, and more, more, more.

If you have been to Sandals, there is no comparison (i.e. LeBlanc is better). However, I would say that Sandals still has the best signature soups.

Dinner
--------
We ate at the International, Italian, and Oriental twice each and did the Gourmet on Wednesday night. On Tuesday night they had grilled lobster in all the restaurants. They also have it sometimes on Fridays, but not when we were there. The lobster was great - although a little overcooked. I would have preferred to have it boiled and then split and put under a broiler. We also had lobster as one of the 12 courses at the Gourmet since we ate there the next night (Wednesday). I did not keep track of what we ate, but there were a ton of choices. I'll highlight some of the more memorable things I recall. And, I guess the biggest thing was the wine selection. It was absolutely amazing. There must have been 10 whites, 10 reds, and a number of blush wines to choose from. I haven't even seen as extensive a wine selection in some restaurants. And, let me tell you these weren't Carlo Rossi quality (sorry no offense if anyone loves Carlo Rossi). Some of the reds were 1998 vintages and the whites were 2003, 2004 (some 2005s and maybe a 2002). These were all on the INCLUDED list. It was truly amazing. For the first time ever, I was incredibly pleased with the wine selection and didn't have to stick to champagne. They did have some California wines like Fetzer and Sutter home. However, we took advantage of there selection from Australian Spain, Italy, France, Mexico, and Chile.

At the oriental, we did the California (crab & avocado) and Philadelphia sushi (not sure), shrimp tempura, vegetable tempura, some chicken appetizer that tasted like a meatball, vegetables on a skewer and the spring rolls. They were all awesome. They had lots of other choices, but my husband doesn't like fish, so we didn't try them. He had the Korean soup (kinda like egg drop), but only better. We both ordered green salads (not on the menu, but which they accommodated). For the main course he had a steak and vegetables on one night and pork crepes the other night. I had grilled Grouper both nights. We thought they were really good. We had the banana spring rolls for dessert the first time. I was expecting them to be like PF Chang's but they weren't as sweet and had raisins. So, the next time, instead of dessert we had them make us Mayan coffee (coffee with Sambuca, Kahlua, and coconut ice cream with the sugar rim).

At the Italian, we both had the filet mignon the first time. The second time we did the special which was a Top Sirloin steak. Both were excellent. The filet was more tender, but both had incredible flavor. They also brought out surprise appetizers. The first time it was a selection of deli meats. The second time they had shrimp and some veggie things. We ordered green salads both times plus the minestrone soup. For an appetizer we ordered the carpaccio. It was the thinnest most tender, flavorful beef we have ever had. It came with balsamic and guacamole drizzle. It was delectable. For dessert, we got the Spanish coffee the first time (coffee + Kahlua + brandy) which they flambéed in front of us. On the second visit, we had bananas foster flambéed at the table. Since this was our last night they put "Come Back Soon" in chocolate on the plate when they served it to us. It was awesome. We also got the Nobiello Cabernet Sauvignon wine. This isn't out in their display case. One of the hostesses had recommended it and made sure that we had it on our last night. I don't know if it was extra (we didn't have to pay for it). In general, there wasn't a wine I didn't like. We did
chardonnays sauvignon blanc, pinot grigio, sauvignon cabernet, merlot, Petit Syrah, Shiraz, and more. And, no charge for any of these!!!!!

We enjoyed the Gourmet restaurant with the 12 different dishes they have you sample. Basically, it is a couple of different appetizers, entrees and desserts with 4 different wines to match ( 3 white and 1 red which was fine for me since I like
white better). The other 2 couples we met and had dinner with preferred red, so they asked for a different choice, which they happily
provided. They did have asparagus juice and some type of carrot juice as a selection. Both were OK and neat to try. They had veal for the primary entree, but we also got a lobster surprise plus they had some other gourmet things which I don't recall. They also served a pumpkin soup with scallops that was excellence (although we still prefer Sandals soups). If we had stayed another night, we probably would have went back. But, I can see this might not be for everyone. I am a meat and potatoes person, but I love to try different things, so I enjoyed it, but not everyone would. My husband was worried there would be a lot of fish, but other than the lobster and a shrimp appetizer, it was more meat and vegetables. At the end they served us a dessert wine and cappuccino. You sat out on the balcony on the third floor by the pool and there was a beautiful breeze and you could hear the ocean. There were 6 of us which was lovely, but if it were just the two of you, it would be very romantic.

I saved the best for last. Our favorite meal was at the International. We had Chateau Briand for two and I have never ever tasted
a better steak (it's basically filet mignon). They prepared it on the grill, but then sliced it in front of us. It was truly amazing.
You COULD cut it with a butter knife. We were tempted to go back on our last night, but knew that they were expecting us in the
Italian. If you love meat (and even if you don't), you have to try this. The other night we ate here was on Tuesday when they had
the lobster. That was very good and we combined it with the turf part and got the rib eye. That was good, but doesn't even come close to comparing to the Chateau Briand. The filet mignon in the Italian was very good, but still not as good as the CB.

They had a Nicoise salad (green salad with olives, beets, tuna, ...), but we just opted again for green salads. They also had shrimp, veggie, and some potato appetizers, but we didn't do any of those. We got the white asparagus soup with mussels on both visits. We got an assortment of desserts the first time and the second time, just went with the Mayan coffee. It wasn't half as good as what the
Mayan coffee they made in the Oriental. It was in the wrong type of glass, sugar wasn't burned on the rim, and they used a light cream rather than a heavy cream or ice cream. I was so full, though, that it didn't matter.

Bottom line - there wasn't a meal that we didn't enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Thus why I gained 5 pounds and my husband 4!

Below is the detail I cut and pasted from their web site that has more detail on the restaurants.
Blancintl -Simple, attractive décor and marvelous ocean view are the backdrop for an array of culinary delights from around the world, with show cooking; breakfast and lunch buffet, a la carte dinner, wine cellar
Type: International, Mexican & French cuisine
Capacity: 176
Dress code: casual
RESERVATIONS: not required
Open from: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Blancitalia - The finest in Italian cuisine, complemented by elegant minimalist design and water screens. Specialties include grilled duck salad with balsamic dressing, sautéed shrimp with pesto and Sicilian cheesecake. A la carte dinner; wine cellar
Open from: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Capacity: 116
Dress code: Casual Elegance
Ladies: Skirt or long pants. Gentlemen: Long pants, shirt or polo. Footwear: No flip flops or tennis shoes.
RESERVATIONS: RSVP

Blancorient - Japanese, Thai and Chinese cuisine with Oriental themes; al la carte dinner.
Open from: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Capacity: 122
RESERVATIONS: RSVP

Blancstage - A la carte gourmet entrees served in an open terrace ambience overlooking the ocean with a bar lounge featuring live music; breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Open from: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Capacity: 56
RESERVATIONS: RSVP

Snack bars - Throughout the day Blancluna at the lagoon and Blancsol by the beach and pool offer a wide range of salads, burgers, sandwiches and fresh juices.
Open from :10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Bar hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Capacity: 102
Dress code: Not required
The Le Blanc wine lists
Even the most demanding connoisseur will find the perfect complement to any meal. Our list of included wines is made up of dozens of whites and reds from all over the world: Argentina, Chile, Australia, Italy and France just to name a few. We also offer an additional wine list at extra cost that includes the finest wines in the world.

SERVICE
-----------
There were a number of awesome employees. The noticeably hardest worker was Armando as I have mentioned. We also loved Italia - one of the hostesses at the restaurants. Then there was Carlos, Saul, Jorge, Ernesto, Arturo, Salvadore, Daniella, and so many others who were just amazing.

TIPS
------
When we go to Sandals we don't tip. We do leave envelopes at RP for our favorite employees. Throughout the week, I would leave a couple dollars for the maid in the morning and evenings. If I asked for extra conditioner, they left a full new supply of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and silk therapy. We usually tipped $5 each night for dinner. At breakfast and lunch, it varied - usually 2-3 dollars. We tipped the bellboy who brought up our luggage, the butler, the hostess, and one of the restaurant supervisors because they went above and beyond. Things like our last night, when they served the bananas foster (flambé table side) with the "Come Back Soon" written in chocolate on the plate. I do not think that we received more attention or less attention when we did or didn't tip. All employees went out of their way to make your vacation perfect. They always responded "My Pleasure" and you truly felt they meant it.

TOURS
---------
We didn't take advantage of any tours, so can't comment in this area.

WISHLIST
-------------
My wishlist items would be: no bracelets/wrist bands, double sink in bathroom, vanity drawers or more counter space at sink, more drawer space in dresser and desk, larger balcony with sitting area, separate door to divide toilet and shower, Splenda (yellow packet), rafts for the pool, outdoor Jacuzzis, and more lush tropical landscaping.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I must say that this hotel exceeded my expectations! Most of the reviews were spot on with pros and cons. The hotel is beautifully designed and great care is taken in ensuring its cleaniness. Others have mentioned there is always someone cleaning and this is true. The views are exquisite so I would suggest trying to get an ocean view room. We requested one in advance but were given a room with more of a lagoon view. We requested to switch and the next day we were given a room with gorgeous ocean views from every window.

The food was one of the best parts in our opinion. Coming from the DC area, we're used to a diverse menu and Le Blanc didn't disappoint. For an all-inclusive we were blown away by the variety and quality of the selections for every meal. We stayed away from the gourmet tasting and italian restaurant since we only had 4 nights and didn't want to take a chance based on reviews we'd seen on this site. Our only recommendation here would be creating a high-end authentic mexican restaurant, since our first thought wasn't to go to Mexico for Italiian food ;-) The chefs are great and the presentation of dishes rivals any high end restaurant I've experienced here in DC.

The pools and ocean were great. We spent most of our time at the main pool, looking out at the ocean. The bartenders at the swim up bar were great. The multiple pools was also a nice touch.

I can't say enough good things about the spa. Its by far the best spa I've ever visited. I HIGHLY recommend scheduling a service upon your arrival. Don't wait. The spa will put you in such a relaxed mood and set the tone for your vacation. Our only regret is that we waited 3 days and wished we had scheduled earlier so we could have scheduled more services on our last day. It was the best massage I'd ever had and I can't wait to return. Be sure to ask for the $15 coupon from your conceirge for the spa services.

If I had to give a con, I would say there was some inconsistency with who received cool towels and drinks upon check-in. Like others have said, in the big scheme of things, this wasn't a big deal, but after visiting this site, I had the expectation.

Oh and one of the little things that made a difference for us. We were so enjoying our time on the first day, we missed our appointment with the tour company providing our transfers to schedule our return transfer. Not a problem...our conceirge made the arrangements with our shuttle company and we never had to meet with them and waist time hearing about their tours. I must say its the little things (too many to name) that make this hotel a real gem.

We were there for the July 4th holiday week and while occupation was high, it never felt crowded and we loved that! We have now designated Le Blanc as our choice hotel for Cancun. You'd be foolish not to consider it if you're looking for an adult vacation in Cancun.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the LeBlanc over the 4th of July weekend. We spent most of it at the main infinity pool, which was awesome. We had intended to go on tours of Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres but decided against. The lifeguard did an excellent job of setting up chairs and umbrellas for us. (Bring spf 45). The food was great. I read some remarks on trip advisor about the food but with the exception of the asparagus juice at the gourmet tasting, I loved everything. If you're a picky eater who likes mainstream food, you'll still find a lot of choices to your taste. If you're a little adventurous, you'll find even more great food. The Asain place was great, the Italian place was great too, and the gourmet tasting was outodoors and intimate, it was truly memorable. The Blanc international had divine chateaubriand. The buffet breakfast was terrific. The live music added great atmosphere. The buffet lunches were ok. We ate lunch one day at the a la carte lunch on the 3rd floor and it was dynamite. We drink a lot of wine, and found the wine selections to be great. Many from Chile and a few from the US, but we were not disappointed in the wines. The chapmpage was ok.
The pool temperature was perfect. The ocean was too rough for swimming.
One complaint was that we were interested in extending our stay and they quoted us a nightly rate to extend over and above what we paid. So they recommended we call our travel agent, which was ironic as we booked online through the hotel directly. They then told us we could book online for one more evening at the prevailing rate online, which would have required a check out and a check in. 2 different individuals ensured we would get a message regarding honoring our current rate for one more night, and we got none.
At sit-down meals, your glass is never empty, they are always taking great care of you. There were times at the pool when we wanted a drink (we had been tipping) and the wait was long so we swam to the swim-up bar.
The butler (the one time we saw him) walked in our room while we were in the shower. (The shower is awesome by the way - 6 heads) Our bad for not locking the door, but we were not given a do not distrub sign. We were in room 603 facing the ocean and it was an incredible view. The jacuzzi was nice.
I loved the design and atmosphere of the hotel and took a lot of pictures so I could attempt to duplicate the results at home.
The minibar was always refreshed, the toiletries were great. They even give you the actual silk therapy, which was cool. We had never done all inclusive before and are spoiled by the Le Blanc.
We had a couples massage in the spa, which was the best spa I have ever experienced. I found the spa pricing to be very competitive.
we're thinking about going back over labor day weekend.

Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

We just came back from the most romantic and relaxing trip. The minimalist design works well for Le Blanc, as it doesn’t compete with the amazing scenery. Our room was 504. It was a perfect room on the 5th floor facing the ocean. The service was always top-notch. I really enjoyed the wonderful live musicians at breakfast, tea and often at night at the 3rd floor lounge. We did not get to take advantage of the Spa facilities since we were there for a very short time. However, we did have an amazing free 5 minutes mini massage on portable massage chairs by the main pool set up by the spa employees one of the days we were there offering s to help drum up business for the spa.
We always ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet. They have an alacart restaurant on the third floor, but we never tried it. Thai appetizers are served in the Blanc Lounge from 6:00pm to 2:00am we decided to try a different restaurant each night for dinner. Since we were there for 4 nights, it worked out perfectly. They were all so good and had such great service that I couldn’t choose a favorite.
We found the food plentiful. We were always stuffed, never hungry. The breakfast and lunch buffets were incredible .At lunch they grilled fish meat and seafood. The seafood fish was amazing. We ate outside one night for the gourmet tasting. It was very intimate we had 11 courses of small portion items – a very different assortment of flavors. This meal took over 2 hours. We tend to be untraditional eaters. That was no problem at Le Blanc. For example at Blancoriant, the Oriental, we decided to get tons of appetizers instead of dinner. They said “ No problem” and served us with a smile . We did order from room service. We enjoyed the civiche, shrimp cocktail and the squash soup (although the soup was a little too salty). We made the mistake of ordering quail. We wanted to taste it since, as we never tried it before. I couldn’t stand it, but it probably has nothing to do with the way they prepared it. They do offer free boxed lunches if you are going out for the day. If you want one prepared for you, you had to order them the day before. My husband and I did not very good.

There were 4 pools including a little mini pool down near the beach. All pools had excellent drink and food service. Towels are plentiful and unlimited. We never got to the Lagoon Poll, although it looked lovely. We spent our time at the main pool, an infinity pool that is steps away from the ocean and the third floor pool, a small infinity pool that had large double beds all over the deck. They even brought people pillows for the beds. It was hot while we were there and they passed around lilac scented washcloths around the main pool for the guests.

The beach is clean and gorgeous. The waves were very rough so I really couldn’t swim. Armando, the lifeguard assisted us with beach chairs, and towels. He is an extremely hard worker and warm and friendly. The servers taking drink and food orders were wonderful too

The rooms were kept clean and towels were changed several times throughout the day. The mini bar had brand name alcohol as well as beer, soft drinks, bottled water and free snacks .The toiletries: bubble bath, bath salts, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion, toothbrushes and paste, razors and shaving cream, sewing kit, mouthwash, shoe shine, nail file, Q-tips, makeup remover pads, loofah, robes and slippers were top notch. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed having a pillow menu. The Jacuzzis were right beside the balcony. I loved having it there because we had an amazing view of the ocean while taking a Jacuzzi. There are lighting options and it was very romantic. The shower had 6 jets/. My husband and I loved taking our showers together, washing each other’s hair etc.

The free wireless everywhere on the property worked well.

Since we were at Le Blanc for such a short time we only chose to do one excursion, the Isla Mujeres tour. A van picked us up at 9AM and took us 5 minutes down the road to the ferry dock at Fat Tuesdays. I didn’t like Fat Tuesdays as the restroom there were disgusting. (I am very picky about things like that) There we met a Palace staff member who gave us a bracelet and asked us to wait until everyone had arrived. It felt as if we waited a while, but it probably wasn’t too long. We were dropped off at the Palace’s private beach club. We were not interested in the tour so, we found a cab just outside the beach club and he took us to the other end of the Island, downtown where there was shopping. It was over 100 degrees out while we were there and we were miserable in the heat .We walked to North Beach, but by then we were exhausted from the heat. So we took a ferry back to Cancun and took a taxi to the hotel.

The lack of nightlife didn’t bother us. We had great conversations with the friendly guests and Jorge one of the bartenders at the lobby bar and enjoyed relaxing listening to music at the upstairs lounge bar. Our purpose for this trip was R and R so we didn’t venture out. However, if we did decide to go out, Le banc is located close to all of the nightlife in Cancun.

Although we were well prepared by out friends at TA, this experience was beyond our expectations we had an amazing time and plan to return in the future.

Randolph, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

I am so happy that I choose “Le Blanc”. Thank you to all the people that posted reviews on this site. Still everyday I find myself visiting Trip advisor reading about Le Blanc because I miss it and would go back in a heartbeat! Once you are there and back home I am positive you will feel the same way! I traveled to Cancun many years ago and stayed at the Grand Oasis and left saying I would never come back to Cancun. Well, Le Blanc has sure given me a change of heart and I hope to go back again very soon!

I will start with saying that we (myself and my best friend) vacationed at LeBlanc 5/31– 6/5 and wanted a new chic, luxury resort to relax and enjoy fine dining (with out all the buffets) with everything included - which is definitely what we found at Le Blanc!

Although, I did want to mention that at our arrival we were a little disappointed with our check in. No cool wash cloths or drinks provided to us. I think it bothered us mainly because we were expecting it. We arrived right before a large group walked in, so we just figured we had to of been overlooked. During our stay we did notice other guests receiving this welcome, so obviously it was bad timing for us. It was ok though, because soon after- things only got better! We were then shown to our room which was on the 8th floor (2 double beds, which is what we requested) with only a partial ocean view along with construction going on right outside below us. I then asked the Butler if we could be moved that this would not be acceptable and after he made a quick call within minutes we were shown to another room with a beautiful full ocean view on the 7th floor. The set up of this room (with a king size bed) was more roomy with the Jacuzzi right next to the window as opposed the first room (where the Jacuzzi is located between the bathroom and the bed - not by the window). The beds are very comfortable and the shower is the best! Especially when you would like cool water spraying your back to soothe sunburn and hot water from the other front “6” shower heads – I want this kind of shower at home!! We found ourselves repeating that same line during our stay – “we wish we could take the sun bed home or wish we could take the staff from the Beauty Salon and the Gym home” too!

It is all true about the staff being wonderful and so accommodating! I think the staff is one of the main reasons this place is so successful. From the bartenders knowing what you want to drink and offering a new drink before the old one is done. The waiters are exceptional and the hosts in the restaurants will greet you by your name, which was very nice! They had a great wine sommelier who will find a wine to your liking, even if you are not a wine drinker, but want to be daring. In the spa and ESPECIALLY at the beauty salon - I actually felt like a queen - with just getting a polish change on my hands and toes!! The gym staff will assist you if needed and just like the bartenders; they will offer water if they see you are almost finished. I recommend taking the Pilates class, or yoga which is in the hut on the lagoon. The lifeguards will even help collect shells for you on the beautiful Le Blanc beach if they see you picking shells! And everything you ask of is answered with “my pleasure” - this is Le Blanc’s motto!

Our only criticism about the staff was our floor butler, who was literally non-existent. We requested 2 lavender pillows and got only 1 a few nights later. No big deal, all the other staff made up for it ten fold. And tipping is not required, but we tipped because we wanted to and because we felt they well deserved more than just a “thank you”.

The resort is beautiful and very clean as mentioned in other reviews. It’s just too bad they allow smoking, especially in the beautiful lobby area by the white couches and white sheer curtains. The 3rd floor pool area was our favorite spot. It was less busy than the main infinity pool below on the lobby level, with nice breezes and an incredible view of the ocean. They will also set up lounge chairs in the main pool so you can enjoy the being in the pool while enjoying the beautiful view of the blue turquoise waters in front of you. As noted in previous reviews, the pool on the lagoon side did have the afternoon sun, as the ocean side pools had some shade around 2pm. All the pools were the perfect temperature as well as the beautiful ocean water.

The location of Le Blanc is perfect. You can walk down the street about 25 minutes or take the bus for about 50 cents one way to the new La Isla Shopping Village Mall which has some great stores and shops and is right next to the water. Check out the Thai Lounge after sunset, next the aquarium. It is a hip new trendy spot to hang out if you don’t want the real party crowd, which is up the street from Le Blanc, about a 15 minute walk. Returning back to the room after a night out, to hear the soothing music playing on the TV from the turndown service was the perfect end to a perfect night in Cancun! And if you did not choose to venture out they always had something going on at Le Blanc. The 3rd floor Lounge has a wonderful singer, and other nights a magician in the Lobby area, or a pianist with a saxophonist.

The food is excellent. We really enjoyed the Italian and the Oriental and would have tried the International Restaurant, but just did not have enough nights! The Gourmet Tasting Menu was very good as well. I am a picky eater, my friend is not, but we both really enjoyed the experience with food and the atmosphere on the Terrace at night. The first few courses were delicious, especially loved - the lobster dish which came with a risotto that just melts in your mouth! You can also have al la carte Breakfast on the terrace in the morning which was always delicious (great cappuccinos), or in the International Restaurant - buffet style with anything and everything you can imagine for breakfast.

The morning we were leaving we actually were so sad to leave Le Blanc and all of our wonderful friends we met there.

We have a new favorite place “in Cancun” and highly recommend this Fabulous new Spa Resort!

Westport CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

Let me start by saying that I am absolutely not a resort person; nor am I a Cancun person. However, had LeBlanc been one of the resorts I visited early on in my vacationing years, I would have been a convert.

What an absolutely wonderful experience!! It would take a dozen pages to tell you all the good things about the place, but I'll do my best to keep it very short. We felt as if we were th only people there and that the staff's only job was to keep us happy.

The place is beautiful; serene, low-key, tastefully decorated. Rooms are super comfortable and the view from our room (we were on the 8th floor facing the ocean) was breath-taking. Both my husband and I had trouble tearing ourselves away from the window each morning.

The staff, no matter where in the resort, were the most helpful and friendly people I have ever met on vacation. We agree with other reviewers that although gratuities are included, throwing a few extra dollars here and there is well worth it. THe staff deserves it without question.

Our goal was relaxation and this was the perfect place. From the subtle fragrances in the lobby and spa to the quiet spaces, to the gentle decor -- the resort accomplished our goal.

The food was fine for resort food - not exceptional, but certainly very edible. We are somewhat adventurous in our eating habits and were disappointed that there was no Mexican food available. We mentioned it to the staff and they said they've heard that comment before, but the "market researchers" (my term, not theirs) think that guests would not want to try it. I disagree, but that's another story. Waiters were great; the wine steward (Giraldo?), once he knew we were into wines, went out of his way to find just the right wine for us. If he saw us anywhere in the resort, he would ask which restaurant we were having dinner so that he could come there and bring us a "special" wine -- all of which were great choices, I might add. Our favored restaurant was Blancitalia, especially the lasagna. Blancgourmet was a very different and pleasing experience. 10-courses, fixed menu paired with wines. Each course is a small tasting menu size but defintely adequate. You should try it during your stay. The oriental was not our first choice for entrees, although appetizers were good. The international was good as well. For breakfast, try the terrace on the third floor. It is a great way to start your day.

Don't msis the spa - total serenity and pampering, especially the hot-stone massage. Take advantage of the free bio-therapy. It is so relaxing. Staff couldn't be more accommodating. The gym is very well equipped and I used it 4 out of the 7 days we were at the resort. Spotless, all in perfect running order, towels and water on site.

Our only caution is the "promotions" for the palace resorts. You will get gifts for going over to the Moon Palace, but it's not worth losing time from LeBlanc. Although if you do go to the other resort, you will appreciate the beauty and elegance of LeBlanc even more. And don't get rooked at the airport by the people trying to give you "free trips"; LeBlanc gives them to you anyway so walk right past them. We were approached by someone who said he was with the government and wanted to make sure we knew how to get our ground transportation. Took us to what appeared to be an information booth but after giving you info about where this and that was, you got the pitch for the "free trips" as long as you participated in a presentation. Don't waste your time, go straight to your ground transportation, which is just outside the airport lobby door.

Time to wrap this up: Try this resort. We are definetly returning.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

My husband and I along with our best friends just returned from La Blanc. Our travel agent had suggested the hotel and we are glad that he did.

Upon arrival, about 20 minutes from airport, we were graciously greeted and taken inside to a lovely waiting area. We were given drinks and a scented cloth while waiting to check-in. Check-in was a breeze, about 10 minutes. We had requested several things with our travel agent and all were granted.

We were taken to our room and it was just as expected from reviewing previous pictures. As soon as we were in our room, a plate of sweets was delivered. The butler made all of our dinner reservations for us. The room was exceptional and the pillow menu was unbelievable, however, the regular pillows on the bed were great. We loved the shower. Room was cleaned morning and afternoons.

Restaurants -
Blaninternational - Excellent chateaubriand; sea bass; great breakfasts and lunch
Blancitalia - Our favorite; Surf and turf excellent; Marco, our waiter was the BEST! Armando, the manager too, along with Geraldo
Blancorient - Great food, but the service was terrible the night we ate there; mainly due to a large party on the beach
Blancstage - 11 course gourmet

Pools - breathtaking views; great service; great drinks

Bars - great; ask for Yesemia in the Lobby Bar; Bar on 3rd floor had good entertainment;

Take $'s for tipping; not expected, but well deserved!

Cons:
DON'T take the tour to Isla Mujeres! We made the mistake and the island is devasted from the hurricane. We left at 9:00 and returned at 6:15. Complete day missed!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!