“LeBlanc, the Most AMAZING HOTEL EVER!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Cancun
Wellington Florida
“LeBlanc, the Most AMAZING HOTEL EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I just came back from an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana (Majestic Elegance) and it was horrible. We visited LeBlanc for our honeymoon in the summer of 2008 and it was the most amazing experience ever. You really dont know how good your service is until you go to a place like Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana and receive the worst service and worst rooms ever. While in Punta Cana we set up another vacation back to LeBlanc in May 2010 because we missed what true 5 start all inclusive was. We remember that we were treated like royalty the minute we walked into the resort. Everyone at Leblanc was so welcoming and helpful. Food at every restaurant at the resort was amazing and everyone had white gloves on. They are the most friendliest and respectful people and will go out of their way to please you. LeBlanc service is award winning and the room views are spectacular. I wish I would have went to LeBlanc instead of going to Punta Cana. Im not knocking every other hotel out there but I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and stayed at 5 star hotels and have never experienced such service like LeBlanc. These hotels and resorts really have to step it up. Everyone in these economic times wants the best for their money and I know that LeBlanc is truly worth every dollar.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I can't begin to say enough about this resort. If you are looking for a party type atmosphere, then you need to look to another resort like Moon Palace or Cancun Palace because Le Blanc is a spa resort and is only for the couples looking to celebrate an anniversary or honeymoon, etc., that are looking for a place to totally kick back and be pampered. My husgand and I felt so catered to at this resort and would definitely recomment it to anyone looking for that type of vacation. This resort has a butler that runs each floor and when he would see us coming down the hall, he would press and hold the elevator button and door and tell us to have a wonderful afternoon, day or evening. They were there whenever you needed them. At ome point in our vacation, we had doubled booked ourselves and when our butler saw us, he told us that we had booked a spa treatment at the same time that we had booked one of our excursions, then he told us that he took the liberty of changing our spa treatment to another day at the same time as the previously scheduled appointment. Talk about pamering, we didn't want for anything at this resort, our needs were met before we asked. if we left the resort for anything, even going downtown on our own for a little shopping on our own, upon reentering the resort we were met with a cook towel that smelled like heaven and totally refreshing. We simply can't wait to return to this resort. Now to talk about the food, my husband and I were totally amazed by the food and the quantity and quality of ever meal we ate. We were quite impressed with every restaurant ! The only disappointment we had was one night we decided to order cheesecake from room service and they brought it to us on a dinner plate but it was only what we considered to be bite sized! Since it was our anniversary during our stay, on the day of our anniversary, they had a cake waiting for us in our room saying Happy Anniversary, which was extremely nice! As for the employees, we simply cannot say enough and during our entire 7 night trip, we NEVER encountered anyone rude, The entire staff was eager to please and wonderful to us our entire vacation! The room was also outstanding, we had two sliding glass doors and one overlooked the lagune which had the most breathtaking sunset every night and the other one had a balcony that gave us a wonderful view of the gorgeous water!
Everyone should go to this resort at least once to experience all the pamering you deserve and desire becuase you will definiely receive it here!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Top notch. I didn't even know places like this existed. I just got back from my honeymoon which was the best money I've ever spent. I would definetely recommend this resort, my wife and I already plan on visiting again on our one year anniversary. The fine dining at every meal alone was worth the money, not to mention you are treated like royalty. Everyone is so genuinely nice and generous. I loved the awesome stretch of beach, the clear blue ocean, and the awesome infinity pools. The day tours are all worth it but it is only sad because it takes you away from this awesome resort. I loved every second of our stay and will definetely be returning soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed at Le Blanc Spa & Resort August 8-15, 2009. I don't usually write reviews, but in this case I couldn't resist. This resort is exquisite! The service is impeccable, 5-star treatment all the way. Every request is met with smile and followed up with the staff mantra, er motto: "It's a pleasure". The infinity pool, which became my home for a week was gorgeous and the grounds and beach are very well maintained. There was never a shortage of lounge chairs, and the swim up bar always had room for one more with an extremely short turnaround on drinks...food takes a little longer when delivered poolside, which is probably a good thing. The dining room food is pretty decent for an all-inclusive...not amazing by any stretch, but certainly better than most hotels. I'm kind of a foodie though, so maybe my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. My only points of contention: one, I would have preferred a bit more entertainment in the evening hours. Though Tania (love her!) and the rest of the entertainment staff did a great job, the events (karaoke, trivia, blackjack, etc) were in the early evening with nothing scheduled following...not even music/dancing. My sister and I remedied this by going out on the town, but a part of the reason for an all-inclusive is to not have to spend extra money. (Coco Bongo is so worth it though!) If you aren't looking for a rowdy crowd, this is your mecca! The other point of contention: the "free" tour to Isla Mujeres. Do not, under any circumstance, go on this tour. This was a total waste of a day. In short, you will be leaving the lap of luxury (Le Blanc) to spend a day at the Isla Mujeres Palace Resort, which is no better than a Motel 6 - sorry Motel 6. Other than those 2 things, this resort is amazing. Book it! Oh, and order the Electric Lemonade and the Reef on the rocks - they will not disappoint...the wine list may. Just being honest.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

The LeBlanc hotel gave us a wonderful, peaceful, 5 star experience with great customer service! We are pretty picky tourists and even we couldn't find anything to really complain about. We were greeted at the door with cool aromatherapy hand towels and coconut milk. The check-in was straightforward. One person did want to offer us a "welcome package" which sounded like a time share or membership so we asked him if we could just do it later and he agreed with no problems. The room was just as it appeared in the photos - with a wonderful king bed - soft sheets and down pillows to sink into. The minibar was equipped with full bottles of top shelf liquor. The jacuzzi tub sits in a sunken space infront of the balcony doors. There is no actual balcony but the view was amazing nonetheless - blue ski over blue ocean and white sand. The one morning I woke up early - we watched the sunrise from our room! The bathroom offers a two head shower with the side jets!

Every floor has a butler so there is someone nearby to ask for help whenever needed. The staff are constantly trying to anticipate your specific interests, needs and wants at all times. They are so helpful with anything - from a cold bottle of champagne upon request to tour reservations. They are so helpful and nice and they actually make you feel like they genuninely care about doing a good job and taking care of you. And they always say "My Pleasure!!"

We should note that the hotel was only at about 25% occupancy and the service did not feel compromised in anyway!

The restaurants - all served great food - from the cajun fish and eggplant cannolli at the pool to the 7 course meal at the French restaurant - which is a MUST do - fennel cream soup was yummy. Its' clear all of the restaurants back up to the same kitchen but they do a great job of making you feel like you are at a different place with a different chef.

The gym was better than we expected with the latest weight training machines and free weights of various sizes. I felt like I was in the gym back home - excpet no TV on the treadmill!

The spa was beautiful - dark, calm, relaxation space and hydrotherapy stuff - foot soak, sauna, jacuzzi. We had massages that were good - not great but definitely worth it.

The entertainment was limited - salsa band, trivia, karaoke. Most of the guests are couples and turning in early anyway! Probably better to go out of the hotel if you are looking to really socialize.

We did take the Jungle and Chichen Itza tours. The first was a great little action packed trip. They let you drive a speed boat then take you snorkling all in a couple of hours not far from the hotel. Great little getaway. The Chichen Itza tour was fascinating when you realize you are visiting the remains of a civilization that existed 1000s of years before christ - but they stop in a tourist trap on the way there AND back and it makes the trip longer and more tedious than necessary. They only take you to the buffett lunch at 3pm so ask the hotel to prepare a box lunch for you to take!

Overall - it was a beautiful hotel, offering a peaceful experience with great customer service. Highly recommend it!!! We hope to return or try Grand Velas next time.

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

Introduction: My wife and I stayed at Le Blanc July 19 – 26 for our second visit at this resort. For this week, we were staying on a member “Romance Week,” (includes the honeymoon package – prospective honeymooners read the paragraph below titled “Honeymooners”). Just as a reference point, we are members of Palace Resorts and have either stayed or visited all of the Palace Resorts with the exception of the resort at Puerto Vallarta. We have also stayed at other resorts in the area. Le Blanc is the flagship resort owned by Palace Resorts and when compared to all other resorts in Cancun and surrounding areas is, without question, the Best of the Best!

Guests: There is a nice mix of guests, all the way from honeymooners to more elderly guests. It is a great place for all age groups (minimum age 18).

Ambiance: This resort is more “laid back” than many of the other resorts in Cancun, with a fantastic ambiance if you like it a bit more quiet. While there is nightly entertainment in their 3rd floor area or by the pool, you will find soloists playing primarily more classical/soft music in the evening in the lobby/main lounge area. During the day, a wide variety of planned activities are available at the activities pool and the beach (i.e. water aerobics, beach volleyball, etc.) At night, clubs are nearby for those guests that would like more of a “party/dance type” atmosphere.

Suites/Rooms: There has been some confusion on my part, and perhaps some others, as to the different types of suites available. To better understand the differences, I asked Elizabeth Acosta, Public Relations Manager at Le Blanc to help me understand. So, here they are. Royal Deluxe Suite (standard suite): the entire room is on one level (as compared to the honeymoon suite which has two steps down to the Jacuzzi area); french balcony, ocean or lagoon view; king or double beds; the Jacuzzi is in the middle of the room (next to the bathroom). Honeymoon Suite: Oceanfront rooms; there are two steps down to the Jacuzzi which is located by the sliding glass doors leading to the french balcony; king beds. Junior Suites: There are three Junior suites per floor (one oceanfront, one ocean view, and one lagoon view per floor); king size beds; the oceanfront suites have a french balcony, the suites with ocean or lagoon view have one small full balcony with two chairs and one small table and (I believe, but not sure) a french balcony. Governor’s Suites: These are the suites that are on the right front corner of the building facing the ocean; king size beds; suite consists of bedroom and living area (two TV’s), bathroom; french balcony and regular balcony with lounge chairs and regular chairs. Presidential Suites: All are on the 9th floor and have one bedroom; balconies. Each suite has the double Jacuzzi and the same amenities. Please see Le Blanc’s website for a description of some of the amenities: http://www.leblancsparesort.com/about/amenities.html. (also feel free to contact me if you have specific questions regarding amenities).
Note: Once you arrive, and decide that you would like to upgrade your room (based on availability), the upgrade can be arranged at the time you check in, along with any additional payment required for the upgrade. Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions on this. Elizabeth can help you with this.
Before I leave this topic I want to add a very special thanks to Elizabeth for her exemplary assistance and diligence in helping me understand the room differences, even after I returned home and requested more information, she continued to work with me even while I was dealing with email problems on my computer. Thank you Elizabeth...you are fantastic!

Restaurants/Room Service: The menu selections, food, food presentation, and service were all spectacular; including the breakfast and lunch buffets. Our favorite restaurant for dinner was the relatively new French Restaurant—simply amazing in every respect. But that was just our favorite. The Italian, Oriental, International, and the new Pizza restaurant (on the third floor) are all excellent! For those who visited before, the special seven course dinner that used to be served on the third floor, is now being served in the French Restaurant. The restaurant menus are extensive (as well as the room service menus). The wine list offers many options.
A special note here: At one of our dinners, the Sommelier, asked me what kind of wine I would like with dinner (my wife and I prefer different types of wine). I replied that I like sweet wines (most people prefer other kinds). He replied that he has a special bottle for me to try (which was not on the wine list). Well, he brought it out and I tried it and really liked it. So, I drank half a bottle. At the end of dinner he told me that he would save the rest for me (if I wanted to save it). I said “yes.” The next day during dinner in another restaurant, I mentioned to the waiter that I would like to have the same wine. It didn’t take but 5 minutes for the Sommelier to show up with my other half of the bottle. What service and attention to detail! And, it’s not just him, it’s the entire staff!

Pools/pool service: One of the nice things about Le Blanc is that they have large pools with swim-up bars on both sides of the building. This way, when the shade begins to cover the oceanside pools late in the afternoon, guests can move to the pool at the front of the building and continue to get afternoon/early evening sun (this pool is also the “activity pool.)” A nice improvement from our visit last year is the increased personal attention and fantastic services offered at poolside. Margarito who was our Butler last year has now been promoted to manage the pool areas and the lobby area, and he has made wonderful improvements. Aside from the totally personal attention his guest receive from him and his staff in making sure that they are comfortably settled at the pool side with fresh towels and umbrellas to provide shade (if desired), guests now also receive ice buckets filled with water bottles by their lounges, cold face cloths from time to time, and Margarito also has a wide selection of books and magazines available for reading by the pool. In addition, grilled skewers of beef, chicken, and fish are prepared at poolside and offered/brought to guests around lunch time. Margarito and his staff are constantly checking to make sure that every guest receives very special treatment (first class all the way....many kudos to Margarito!). At the swim-up bars, it doesn’t take long for the bartenders to remember your preferred drinks, and many times start working on them while you are still making your way towards the bar. Again, a first class performance!

Beach: The beach in front of Le Blanc is wider than it is at many resorts nearby. I don’t know why that is, but it just is. The lifeguard (I unfortunately don’t recall his name right now) is extremely helpful in setting up lounges and umbrellas for guest and makes sure that every guest has what he/she needs……all while keeping an eye on the ocean. Incidentally, the ice buckets with bottled water are also brought to the beach lounges. Drink and food service is made available at the beach as well. In regards to the ocean: having stayed at the Sun Palace the week prior to Le Blanc, we noted that the drop off in the water, where it started getting deeper, was further out then it was at the Sun Palace – but, this could be primarily a seasonal thing…not sure. But, in any case, it was perfect for “bobbing around in the waves.”

Honeymooners: In my introduction I mentioned that we were on a “Romance Package” (i.e. honeymoon package). The extra treats are very, very nice. Not to be missed: the gourmet honeymoon dinner by the pool; and be sure to ask the butler to prepare the Jacuzzi for you (very romantic with champagne, candles, aromatherapy, soft music and rose pedals everywhere). We spoke with several honeymoon couples while we were there and asked them if this resort met their expectations. In each case, we were told that it exceeded expectations by far. In one case, a couple from England told us that it exceeded expectations at least “ten-fold.”

Value/Recommendation: We are often asked if this resort is worth the extra money. In our opinion it definitely is, if spending the extra money is not a significant financial problem. While we find the other Palace Resorts, such as the Sun Palace excellent and close to Le Blanc in many regards, everything about Le Blanc is just in a separate (higher) class, above the other Palace Resorts. The entire group of managers and staff throughout the resort are in constant communication with each other and work together as a flawless team. The only thing that is very close between the Palace Resorts and Le Blanc is the level of service that you receive. In the words of one couple “you can’t possibly explain this resort …..you just have to come and experience it yourself!”

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

To keep it short and sweet if you are able to afford this hotel and want to stay in Cancun, don't bother looking any further just book it. From the stunning restaurants, pools and bars to the amazing Spa this hotel will definately blow you away. The most outstanding part of this hotel is without doubt the amazing service that you receive from all parties who work there. From the Manager down to the pool cleaner, they all meet you with a pleasant smile and ask you how you are and cannot do enough for you to make sure that your stay is a memorable one. The dining experience in the evening is like no other hotel, offering all inclusive high quality service and cuisine. It genuinely feels like you have booked into a top class restaurant every time you eat, as the food, wine and service is just amazing. The French restaurant was out of this world, serving food that I would never of dreamed of eating prior to visiting le blanc, but as it was all inclusive everything is worth a try. The bar staff and restaurant staff especially in particular Alan & Azucena were incredible and my wife and I both made some very good Mexican friends. They really do go the extra mile to make you feel like you are special.

In essence if my bank balance allows I will return to this hotel again next year as I genuinely do believe that it cannot be beaten for so many reasons.

Thanks again Le Blanc for making our Honeymoon so incredibly special.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!