“Wheelchair accessible room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Blanc Spa Resort

You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
worthing
“Wheelchair accessible room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel three times.
The wheelchair accessible rooms in this hotel are on the ground floor. The wheelchair accessible rooms are quite small unless you upgrade to a suite and only one of them has a shower that will accommodate a wheelchair. All the restaurants and the spa and gym are wheelchair accessible. There is no wheelchair access to the beach and getting out onto the road is either via a very steep driveway or over a path that is like stepping stones. Entertainment is sparse and most people go into town in the evening. The food is very good and varied the chef will make special dishes if requested. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as shots of your holidays for the third occasion. It is always a pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. I am very glad to know our staff members continue to exceed your expectations in every one of your visits. Allow me to thank you for your comments as well, as they allow us to improve and provide a better service for all of our guests. I look forward to welcome you to your home away from home for the fourth occasion and provide you an even more memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

So I wanted to write a review after returning from Leblanc. I will note that I have not wrote any reviews but I use trip advisor for every trip, so I felt that it was time that I start contributing back. I will preface this with stating this isn’t our first time to Cancun. This was our fourth trip. We have mostly stayed in the Palace family. We went to Adventura Spa Palace, (different ownership now) , Beach Palace when it was AO. The Royal, now Hyatt Zilara, and finally Le Blanc. We are in our early 30’s.
Le Blanc is definitely a nice hotel. It is small but due to not many rooms, but you never really feel overcrowded. Upon entering you are greeted by numerous people. They take your bags, and you are welcomed with a towel and drink. You can order something from the bar and they will bring it or they provide coconut milk. You go to a desk and check in is very quick. Then you go to a separate desk where they will go over resort credits and try to get you to book a excursion and will attempt to entice you to do a presentation on time shares. All we had to do was say no and then it was never mentioned again. Then your butler will take you to your room and go over the ins and outs. I recommend having them unpack for you. Ours did a fantastic job. Even your underwear will be folded. A very nice touch.
The room. We had a junior suite with two balconies. One was a French balcony which faced the lagoon, and one was small balcony which faced the ocean. The later had two chairs and a small table. Both views are amazing. We were on the 7th floor. Unless you are going to splurge for a Governor’s suite all the other room sizes are very close. IMO not worth upgrading. If we were going to go back we would probably just pick a lagoon view to save money. When you are at the pools and at the main restaurants for lunch you always have a view of the ocean. Not that we didn’t appreciate the view, we just didn’t spend much time enjoying it from the room. The rooms even the upgraded junior suites are small. Similar maybe two what you would expect at a holiday in express, just nicer. The room was nice, clean, and smelled great due to the aroma therapy menu. Again this was something that we have had before at other resorts. Simply, it is just an oil warmer that plugs into the wall. There is also a pillow menu. Again not unusual at other resorts. The mini fridge is well stock and you can request whatever you like. The bottles of booze that come with the room are not able to be changed. However if you want something else you can just order numerous shots from room service. This is what we did and just had them on standby for drinks.
Room service was very fast and the menu also provided enough choices. You also can request anything that you want and they will bring it. We did have a instance where items were forgotten, but they went and got them quickly. So no issues with room service. They also thank you for calling at the end of the call which is nice when you feel awkward ordering too many items. But hey it is All Inclusive and you are on vacation, right?
Pools were beautiful and obviously cleaned often. They were a little warm but it was August so this is expected. The lounge chairs are the best we have had at a resort. They are pillow top and also have a neck pillow. They were not only aesthetically pleasing, but also very comfortable. Service was nice around the pools. They would offer towels, umbrellas and buckets of ice. Le Blanc in my opinion does edge out other resorts as far as pool service.
All the staff seemed very nice throughout resort. Everyone was willing to help. That being said I don’t feel like our service was any better here than at the Royal, now the Hyatt. I don’t know what I was expecting I see nothing but 5’s for Le Blanc so maybe my expectations where too high. Again nothing bad to mention about our service but it is what I would expect from any of the top resorts. I think that one advantage to their service is that they have a higher ratio of workers too guests. This does mean you will not wait as long due to this ratio. I do have to mention Lucindia. We had the pleasure of meeting her and constantly noticed her out around the pool. She would come around and apply suntan lotion, place cucumbers and cold towel on your face, get you water. She is a huge asset to Le Blanc. She genuinely seems to enjoy her job and seems sincere in her words and actions. We also had great success with Ivan at the lagoon pool. He was always quick to help us and would even leave his station to go and get us items for drinks we had requested and other bars.
As far as the drinks you do have top shelf available. Crown Royal, Grey Goose, Belvedere, Don Julio, Bombay Sapphire, Tanqueray, Johnny Walker, Grand Ma, Jack Daniels, Baileys, Bacardi, etc. Also they have a nice menu available at all the bars which helps with your selection. They will make whatever you want but the menus mostly contain, mojitos, margaritas, caipirinhas, martini’s, and a few cocktails.
Food was great. I really liked the options of food choices. The Lumeire was great. Good service. We ate here twice in our 4 nights. The International was good as well. Steaks were cooked appropriately. The Asian restaurant was under construction but we were able to eat off the menu at the terrace and it was again a nice experience. We didn’t get to eat at the Italian restaurant which I do regret. At the restaurants there are now upgraded menus, for wines and items like lobster and cowboy ribeye. It would be nice if these were included, but you can always use credits on these. I do feel like you should be allowed to have a item like Lobster at least once in your stay without having to using credits and paying a tax. With what you are paying to stay anyways. I feel like the Hyatt was on par with Le Blanc and I couldn’t pick a winner out of the two. Although I did enjoy the quality of the sashimi available at Le Blanc. One complaint that I would have of all my experiences in Cancun, including Le Blanc is the salad dressings. We have never found a dressing that resembles what we are use too in the states. Everything is sweeter. This holds true in many of the drinks too. Simple sugar is a component in most of the drinks so you have to ask for less sweet if that is what you like.
The spa was nice, a little expensive but this is due to the resort credits. Not going to cover that. I will just say that we received 750 credits and probably only used half of them. They are limited to some extent and you do have to pay the tax, however it is better to have some credit than none. The workout facilities were also nice and well appointed. Free weights as well as machines. Bikes and treadmills.
One major complaint with this resort was the entertainment. I’m not talking the type at some resorts that get people dancing and drinking by the pool. I am just talking after dinner entertainment. This is horrible. One night we went to see two singers putting on a show. OMG! It was an embarrassment to Le Blanc. Everyone we asked had to agree. They were very bad. It was like amateur hour during open mike karaoke. We actually went to bed early due to this. The Michael Jackson show was Ok. The fire show was the worst one we have seen yet. It appeared like maybe a newer group with only a few experienced people. When people comment on no entertainment they mean it. When the sun goes down you have dinner, maybe some drinks in the two bar areas and that is it. If you want fun you are going to have to make it. I would just expect that the number one hotel in Cancun would offer the number one entertainment options. We didn't get to see the comedian so I can't comment on that. However what we did see was underwhelming.
Another issue for a place like Le Blanc is allowing large groups to come and do whatever they want. Luckily we were leaving the day after a large group of mostly young adults arrived. It wasn't their fault but what would you expect from a group of mostly 30 year olds that are on a free trip with unlimited booze. Of course they are going to be loud and take up large areas of public space. Leblanc needs to have better control of this. When you have couples that are paying thousands of dollars difference to not stay at a Rui I would expect Le Blanc management to ensure that doesn't happen. This did make leaving much easier.

So to wrap up pros and cons
Pros
Clean Hotel
Nice rooms and amenities
Drinks top shelf
Food above average
Nice pool areas and lounge chairs
High staff member to guest ratio
Beach was beautiful
Releasing turtles was a great experience

Cons
No entertainment
Allowing large corporate groups.
Able to hear noise in hallway from room late at night. The noise echoes the way it is set up.
Coffee machine room was a disappointment. We were hoping for a nespresso machine (The Royal/Hyatt Z).
Service was good but not better than much cheaper neighboring hotel
Rooms are small
Balconies and ocean views are upgrades
Upgrades at meals for what you expect to be included.

In conclusion we would definitely stay here again. However we probably won’t. We were not disappointed but we were not blown away. I am still trying to figure out why everyone lists this as a 5 star every time. Not to take anything away from this resort because it is great, it is just an issue of are you getting the difference that you are paying for. My best point of argument is limited. I only have the Royal that is on par. We revisited Beach Palace for fun while on this trip and Wow it has gone downhill. We stayed before allowing kids. Originally I would have said Leblanc was better but not worth the difference, my opinion on that changed after revisiting. We couldn't leave their quick enough. I am amazed BP is still in the top 10. We are still wanting to try Live Aqua and Secrets the Vine. However we are probably still ranking the Royal now the Hyatt our favorite. If Leblanc and Zilara were both the same price it would be a coin flip. However when you take that into account we will give the Hyatt a 4.5 and Le Blanc a 4. On this trip we actually had originally booked to the Royal but it was bought by Hyatt so we changed to Le Blanc.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Ocean View junior suite, however I wouldn't do this again. I would go with a Lag...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time of writing such detailed review regarding your recent stay at Le Blanc Spa Resort. It is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Our Resort is thought in a Spa environment that will allow our guests to relax where entertainment reflects in classical music performances at evenings for our guests to enjoy. I am glad to know you were able to participate in the baby turtle release as this is a matter we take with all seriousness and are very glad to share it with our guests. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and you will see the improvements made due to your valuable feedback.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

We have just returned from 10 nights at this wonderful resort hotel.
This was our first trip to Cancun and our choice was based on the high quality of reviews for the le blanc and we were not disappointed, let me categorise each area of our experience.
staff: all staff were polite and very accommodating, it was also noticeable how the staff interact with each other and there is clearly a good rapport between all team members. Our favourite staff were Marcel-ino in the international restaurant who always took excellent care of us during breakfast and lunch, regarding the restaurant managers Jonathan was by far the most engaged with clients not only asking how everything was but interested and offering advice other managers could take a leaf from his book and not just follow the motions. Jesus and Humberto were our butlers and catered very well for our needs, that said our experience with all staff members was most positive I do want to call out one person who is your jewel in the crown LUCINDA was incredible and I am sure you are hearing the same feedback from other guests she has a fantastic nature and can do attitude which ensures the pool area is a delight.
Food and Drink: in order of preference was the French, Italian and then the international restaurant the oriental and terrace being combined did not really work for us while the oriental food was good it cannot compare to the aforementioned restaurants. The bars we really nice and staff engaging however they are really quiet and people don't tend to spend much time in them, with food being the key attraction.
Spa: we had massage and facial treatments which were excellent and a must do with your resort credits, please be aware that guests can use the hydrotherapy areas anytime free of charge and another must do.
we were fortunate enough to be there during the release of baby turtles which was a great experience given the resorts protection sanctuary, we would state this as one of the best locations we have visited, the sense of calmness and scent of aromatherapy everywhere is to die for.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite with ocean view was excellent
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun. Our staff members are our most valuable asset and main reason why we continue to be the number one hotel in the area. Pleas know Marcelino, Jonathan, Jesus, Humberto and Lucinda will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay and continuing to be an example of customer service to the rest of our staff. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed our spa facilities, especially the hydrotherapy. I look forward to host once more your holidays in Cancun and provide you another relaxing and pampering experience.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I just returned from a week long stay at the LeBlanc Spa and Resort (8/17 - 8/24). This was my first trip to Cancun, Mexico. I selected LeBlanc based on reviews and some word of mouth, and, they seemed to fit all my requirements of an all-inclusive, including it being an adults only resort. I cannot begin to express the luxurious experience of LeBlanc. First class all the way. I was in an ocean view room on the 8th floor and it was simply breath-taking getting up early morning to the amazing view. Incredible. The room was clean, the shower was amazing and the tub experience was extremely fun. The butlers are incredibly helpful, courteous and completely go out of their way to make your experience everything you could want. I had Benito and Tomas and I sure wish I could have them around home. :-). I cannot begin to explain how fantastic the infinity pool is, oh my goodness, views to die for! But, by far, the best swim up bar EVER! I practically slept there! The bartenders are the best on the planet. There is Victor and Luis and Geraldo and, the number ONE guy ever, MANUEL. I did everything I could to get him packed into my suitcase! ;-). He is outstanding and does everything to perfection! All top shelf liquor and the most fun and amazing drinks! Manuel does everything with a smile on his face and treats everyone supremely! I cannot say enough good things about this terrific man! The restaurants are excellent, the breakfast buffet is amazing, you must try the pitaya (dragon fruit). Whatever you could want, it was there! They have an Italian, International, French and Asian restaurant. Simply amazing! 24 hour room service! You want a pizza and chocolate mousse at 2:00 a.m.? No problem! Every single person at LeBlanc is courteous, helpful, professional and amazing. I have been spoiled rotten! The spa is one of the most wonderful experiences of my life! It is so gorgeous, you never want to leave! I have truly found my go to vacation spot and cannot wait to go back! There are many things I didn't do and can't wait to get back there to try them all. I will never go anywhere else but LeBlanc!

Room Tip: Ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your first visit to Cancun. I am glad to know that from the moment of your arrival and throughout your stay we were able to make of your holiday a memorable experience; especially staff members like Benito, Manuel, Victor, Luis, Tomas and Gerardo who continue to be an example of customer service. Please be sure they will be recognized for the outstanding service provided during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another relaxing and pampering experience.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

We recently stayed at Le Blanc Spa for on holiday and had a wonderful time. The hotel is situated on a wonderful beach, the amenities at the hotel are excellent and the food is of a consistently high quality -particularly the breakfast and lunches at the International restaurant. What really makes the hotel a superb holiday destination though are the staff who always go the extra mile to ensure that guests are looked after -and particular mention should go to Armando and Vidal from the restaurants and Myra from the beach attendants. They helped us enjoy a memorable holiday and this is a hotel that we will definitely return to

Room Tip: Go for a room with an ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
First of all thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays in Cancun. It is a great pleasure to read staff members like Armando, Vidal and Myra continue to go the extra mile to make our guests feel welcome and at home. I look forward to your return and provide you another memorable experience.
Washington, District of Columbia, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This place makes you feel so special from the moment you walk in the door, and between its amenities, AMAZING food, and top-shelf all-inclusive bars, you're pretty much guaranteed a great time. Very romantic!

Room Tip: Get ocean view, it isn't much more expensive.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, it is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed of your stay with us; especially are quality food and drinks highlighted by our staff’s attentiveness. I look forward to welcome you back once more for another romantic getaway.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was our 5th time to Le Blanc since they opened. To be honest, we took a few year break from going there as we felt the last two trips there it was not quite as lovely as it had been at the beginning. After again reading the stellar reviews, and wanting absolute quiet, pampering peace for our honeymoon we decided to book for our 9 night stay. So glad we did.
Prior to arrival we contacted the hotel to arrange for our transportation, spa appointments, excursions, etc. Mostly to avoid the dreaded sales pitch on arrival. Although we love the Palace experience, we are not members nor do we have any intention of becoming members. Although we did receive one phone call requesting we attend a presentation, a strong but polite no left us in peace.
A thank you to Karen Gomez and Katia Maldonado prior to our arrival for prompt, professional email correspondence in help planning this special trip.
Transportation arranged by the hotel was seamless. Yes, only a tad more than a taxi on arrival, but so worth it! Check in equally seamless. We upgraded on checkin from. Honeymoon Suite to a Junior suite, realizing once we arrived the balcony was indeed important for this length of stay.
The Leblanc we experienced when they opened has again made its way back to the level of cuisine and service that we remembered from our first few trips.
FOOD-we attended the Chefs Dinner using our resort credits. Excellent, fun, informative presentation of food and wine. The dinner itself although good, was banquet style for 30 or so, but there is much better food to be had in the rest of the resort. Pizza-excellent. Service excellent. Dio needs to be mentioned for his knowledge of food and suggestions! Ate there 3 times. International-had most breakfasts there, several lunches and one dinner. All different, all great. Truly if you didn't see what you wanted, all you had to do was ask. This restaurant is where we noticed the greatest improvement in all areas. Quality of food, variety, service! Atziri's beautiful smile always started our meal perfectly, Aramis, Marcelino and of course Isabelle and her famous spatula made every meal special and fun. Italian-all I can say is unbelievably good! Again major improvement in this restaurant in both service and food quality. 2 delicious dinners perfectly served and timed by Pablo and German for 2 very special meals. We upgraded to lobster tails at both of these dinners and were not disappointed. A special note to our beloved Gerardo, the original sommelier! Throughout our stay and the various restaurant choices, he was there recommending wines to accompany. Truly an original gem of le blanc! Oriental-loved, loved loved! We were lucky enough to have been served by Joed our first night, and requested him 3 times after. His recommendations and the knowledge of menu never were wrong. French, hate to say it, this one failed us on every level. It seems that everybody either has had a wonderful experience or the direct opposite. Food, service and room ambiance did not have us returning. Hats off to Chef, and all team members, in all departments!! Pastry/bread kitchen is also to be thanked. Tough in humidity to keep textures in breads and desserts, they did it consistently.
BEACH-gorgeous and bigger since our last visit. SO happy to see Daniel the lifeguard on the beach. We had met him in Feb on the Sun Palace beach. What a lovely man who made our days on the beach even more special, as did Laura and EVERY server we encountered both at the beach and pool.
SPA-we had booked the 80 minute hot stone couples prior to arrival. When we arrived for our treatment they had an issue with room availability for us after we had gone through the hydrotherapy circuit. No big deal, it actually worked out to 2 wonderful afternoons in the spa. Massage was great, spa immaculate.
EXCURSIONS-we have spent a lot of time at Isla Mujeres, so we decided to grab the bus, take the ferry and have our own day rather than the included tour. Just wanted to acknowledge Roxanna at the Palace in Isla. We stopped by there to grab a small lunch. We had met Roxanna years ago at Privlege in Isla, Delighted to see her at Palace. Our next trip, because of her will be there!
Jungle Tour/Aquaworld-the only low point of our trip, having nothing to do with Le Blanc although corporate should know what they are offering. Not what we expected at all, made the decision after getting there, being treated poorly, herded like cattle for 2 hours and then handed stinky life vests it was not for us. We didn't take the tour and made our way back to Le Blanc, rented jet skis and continued a beautiful day. We figure that every minute is precious on a trip like this, why waste time doing anything you don't want to do?
One lovely unexpected experience was when we expressed the desire in the sea turtles, they offered to call us in the middle of the night when they would come on the beach to lay eggs. So special to see these magnificent creatures under the moonlight, doing what they have done for 1000's of years. Made me feel great to know this process is protected and honored.
BUTLERS/IN ROOM APP-loved the app for the room. Wireless worked perfectly all trip. Room service menu on the app is very limited with no place for adding/deleting or special requests. Utilized the pillow menu and aromatherapy requests though. Super fun! Joel was the butler who was there most, and helpful. Efrain and Mario are standouts for information if you are seeking it.
Although I have mentioned our shining stars by name, truly EVERYONE we came into contact with in every department was delightful, from start to finish. One suggestion to corporate if I may, and something I truly missed, sorry this is where Sun Palace wins. The lack of upright chairs on the deck area. Would have been so nice after dinner to have a place to sit outside for a cocktail rather than the few sofas right outside of the lobby bar. Same applies to lunch on the pool deck area during the day. Several tables and chairs in the shade, rather than just the option to eat in your sun bed if you wanted to stay in your swimsuit would be great. A Charcoal Grill poolside like at Sun for grilled fish, meats etc. was sorely missed by us. Just a suggestion.
In closing, the level of expectation for the price you are paying to be here is high compared to other resorts in the area we have stayed in. Le blanc delivers that once again in every department. They strive to please the vast, diverse cultures, palettes, and languages of the many guests they welcome every day and do it so well. Thanks again for a beautiful honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays for the fifth occasion. It is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family and even more to have the opportunity to be part of special celebrations as it was your honeymoon. I am glad to know we were able to meet your expectations from the moment of your arrival and even from before, with Katia and Karen taking care of your reservations arrangements for you to be able to enjoy a relaxing holiday. We are always looking forward not only to provide our guests memorable experiences but to make them feel welcome and at home. It is a pleasure to know staff members like Diogenes, Atziri. Aramis, Marcelino, Isabel (and her fabulous spatula of course), Pablo, German, Gerardo, Daniel, Laura, Efrain and Mario continue to go above and beyond to accomplish this goal. We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future for the 6th occasion and continue to create memories together.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!