“Great Relaxation Destination - Complete Review of Each Area” 5 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 7 sites
Save Saved
You added Le Blanc Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Blanc Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Kukulkan Km.10 - Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #1 of 174 Hotels in Cancun
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Relaxation Destination - Complete Review of Each Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 4 day, 3 night stay at Le Blanc. We booked late, so Partial Oceanview room was best room available and we ended up in suite #720. We also booked transfers through the hotel as part of our trip.

Arrival was easy - walk past all the tour booths, driver was right outside the door with my name on a sign. He loaded us up and we were on our way quickly. I had been to Cancun several times so I knew the drill, but first time travelers may not clearly understand... as long as you are still inside the airport - all the travel and tour sales people and bag porters do their best to get you to stop - until you get outside the glass doors - you have not gone far enough to actually find your ride if it was pre-arranged. Ride was quick and comfortable in a nice SUV. We were offered cold water. Ride took approximately 25 minutes.

Check in at hotel was elegant and simple. We were greeted by name with cool glasses of coconut milk and directed to a quaint desk to handle checkin operations and receive wristbands and room keys. The front desk agent then personally escorted us to the elevator bank and sent us to our floor where we were greeted by our floor butler who did an excellent job of showing us our room amenities and getting us settled in. We were there to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, and within 10 minutes of being in our room we received a note from our travel agent, our luggage, and an iced bucket of champagne with chocolate dipped strawberries and a note wishing us happy anniversary.

Prior to our trip, I had some trouble locating a concise list of what room amenities were provided and what we needed to bring, so I thought I would list these here. Our room had a vanity kit, a sewing kit, a shave kit, a dental kit, a shower cap, shoe polish, Bulgari soap, Bulgari lotion, shower gel, shampoo, Chi bubble bath, bath salts, a Chi brand hair dryer, a Chi brand flattening iron, slippers, and bath robes. Everything was good product quality and certainly could've lessened some packing.

Our room:
Our room was highly comfortable, but was not as big as some other resorts in this area we have stayed at. Completely functional, but from my observation there are very few rooms available that have a balcony. This is something I really enjoy having on trips to this area. Certainly didn't lessen my view of the positives of this place, just noteworthy that if you like having a balcony, you need to plan early enough to ensure that you get one. The mini bar and liquor dispenser was restocked daily and had good variety.

The service:
The service is where Le Blanc really shines. The service is most definitely how this place earned its five diamond rating. I have stayed in many five diamond resorts, and I frequent the palazzo in las vegas, so that is my baseline for comparison. The service at Le Blanc is very much "in your face"... When you leave your room your butler is there to ask you about your day and to help with reservations. The waitstaff is everywhere and always helpful. The beach and pool attendants are thoughtful and helpful - towels, water, ice buckets, sunscreen, fresh fruit, iced rags, etc... the list goes on and on. I will "plug" a few of the staff who exceptionally stood out - our butler, Alex was fantastic and exceptional in all manners. Paschal at the international restaurant was with us on the patio for breakfast each day and always had a great smile and positive attitude, Luis at the pool bar was also superb and would go above and beyond for drinks, food, and even special concoctions for my pregnant wife... those things do not go unnoticed.

Pool and Beach:
These areas are meticulously maintained and are gorgeous. I have little comments beyond that - the pictures you will see online really speak for themselves.

Drinks: Drinks are good and top shelf liquor is available - just ask for it by name. They do have quite a few signature drink offerings - I tried many of them. Generally everything was good in this category, EXCEPT I found the beer offerings a bit limited, so I mostly stuck with liquor and mixed drinks.

Food:
Food for me was just "ok"... Nothing bad so to speak, but i found it just "on par" with other high end all inclusive places we have stayed in this area. I understand they are trying to cater to a multitude of people, and given that it is all inclusive I suppose it is adequate. Meals were all well executed, again with excellent service, we just found the food to be hit and miss. Certain items were very good, others were not as good... Oddly, breakfast was my favorite restaurant.

Entertainment:
Le Blanc was seemingly not built around entertainment. Certainly it is not the focus of this place. In the evenings, there was elegant live music in the lobby bar before dinner - a cellist, a violinist, a pianist... The nightime entertainment was good, but again was typically short, and certainly not catering to the "late night" crowd. While we were there, they had a live band one night (we missed it), a tenor trio on the beach (very good, but short show), and a michael jackson impersonator (Good, but this is really a lip-sync dance show).. This was really it... This place is built for relaxation and pampering. Entertainment certainly seemed secondary. My wife was pregnant so we didnt mind, but for anyone who likes some late night fun - you will not be overwhelmed by the in resort offerings...

Spa:
Spa is elegant, yet pricey. They made special accommodations for my wife to be able to receive specialized treatments which was appreciated...

Resort Credits:
This is probably my biggest "complaint" if you would call it that. Based on the length of your stay, you get "credits" that can be applied to several things in the resort. Beach cabanas, certain tours, upgraded wine at the restaurants, certain credits at the gift shop, spa, etc. This gets convoluted for a couple reasons - first, the credit has maximum amounts it can be used in any of the categories. Second, it seems prices were adjusted in anticipation of these credits being used. Third, you pay 16% tax on the "value" of anything you use credit on. For example, of our $500 in resort credits, only $150 was applicable toward the spa, whereas we couldve used all $500 toward a selected list of tours - one of which was a beach cabana for the day with a bottle of Moet... This cabana cost us $250 in credit, then $40 USD in taxes... that is pretty high for an amenity seemingly included at many other place. Another example is $75 off of Ray Ban sunglasses in the gift shop... Most of which start at $275. These same glasses around here are $175 - $200... I would prefer more straightforward pricing on extras and a lower up front cost of the resort, but I understand what they are doing to promote their inside sales.

All in all - this was an excellent vacation. Le Blanc is being run by a team of very hardworking good hearted people who are working their rear ends off to ensure we had a great trip. I would definitely stay again, and I would definitely recommend it to others... We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony - book early - didn't appear they have very many... "Partial Ocean V...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun and taking the time of writing such detailed review. It is a pleasure to know that from your arrival and throughout your stay our staff members went above and beyond to make you feel welcome and at home. Our Resort is thought in a spa like environment, same reason nighttime entertainment is translated in relaxing early evening activities. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments, it is thank you to valuable feedback like yours we continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. I look forward to welcome you once more to our Resort and provide you a memorable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our second stay at the Le Blanc our first being in 2009. Before 2009 we were frequent visitors to Cancun but we stayed away for a while due to all the craziness in Mexico. But after much discussion my wife and I decided it was reasonably safe and we made the trip back. Our first choice based on all or past Cancun and Playa experiences was to return to the Le Blanc and our expectations were completely fulfilled. This is an adult’s only, all inclusive Palace Resort which also allows you to visit their other Palace resorts in Cancun.

Reservations – Since I was using airlines miles I did not use a travel agent and went directly to the hotel web site and made our room reservations. No problems here at all. We booked the Royale Governor suite and if you want to go first class this is the suite to have. Depending on your length of stay at Le Blanc you get room credits. The maximum is $1500 if you stay five nights and four nights gets you $750. You can apply these to the spa services, cabana rental, or several other services available at the hotel.

Arrival – greeted upon arrival with cool towels and a nice drink and when I told the door greeter our name he acknowledged they were expecting us and took us straight to the reservations desk. This part was quick and easy, less than five minutes to check us in. We were then taken over to another part of the lobby and a very nice lady explained all about the hotel and what was available, including the customary spill on becoming a member, taking a tour, etc., which we declined.

Recommendation – if you plan to take advantage of any of the spa services or renting a beach cabana, etc., you can do all that on their web site ahead of time and they will email you all the conformations. This saved us a great deal of time at check-in. I just showed the lady a printout of the reservations and we were off to our room. Katia Maldonado is the person that helped us with all the on-line reservations for the spa services and cabana rental and she did a great job and we did it all via email.

The Royal Governor’s Suite – The pictures tell the story, this is the type of room you expect from a five star resort - first class room and then some. Very large bedroom, large bathroom with double sinks, large tub, large shower, and a flat screen TV built into the bathroom mirror - very cool. The king bed was the most comfortable I’ve every slept in and there are two large closets, room safe, large flat screen TV at the foot of the bed. There is also another TV in the chest at the other end of the room. Full bar with four choices of liquor, snacks in the frig with beer and plenty of bottled water. There is an outside balcony that runs the full length of the room and another walkout balcony on the other side of the room. Both have full views of the beautiful ocean front. See pictures and their web site for all the details.

Spa – one of the best if not the best, it’s like you went to Hollywood. They have all the customary services with lots of options for packages and pricing. I went with the “Day at the Spa” and it was great.

Beach Cabana – we rented one of these and with our room credits the daily cost was about $40 and I highly recommend it. They are located a ways back from the water so if you prefer to be closer they have tons of large umbrellas and lounge chairs. Just tell them where you want them setup and it’s done in a flash. They also have food service on the beach and the pool area. Just ask for a menu, good food.

Service was first class at this hotel both inside and on the beach or by the pool. Tip the servers and they will of course pay a little more attention to you but they do a great job either way. Tip them, they work very hard at this hotel and are always appreciative.

Food – really great food here, our favorite was the Oriental restaurant but they are all first class with great service, nice wine selections and great atmosphere. All the restaurants have a dress code, long pants for men and closed toed shoes. Everyone really dresses up to dine so go prepared. Their American buffet is casual dress and the food there is good. For nightly entertainment you can go off-site or you can go up to the third floor club and they always have some type of music going, either a live band or someone spinning records. They have enlarged and jazzed up the club from our first trip; it needed the upgrade and is much nicer and larger now. There is a pool table area behind the bar if you like to do that.

I think one of the nicest things about the Le Blanc is that it’s not a super large resort so you don’t have to walk half a mile to the beach or pool area like in some of the mega resorts.

I have two cons: the first is a big issue, the resort next door has loud speakers setup that are constantly blaring either loud obnoxious music or some guy yelling through the microphone trying to get their guest to participate in different pool games or even bingo. It was very annoying and got so loud one day that several of us complained to the Le Blanc hotel manager but they were unable to stop them. Very distracting while trying to relax on the beach.

My only other knock, and it’s very minor, they advertise a butler on each floor to help with whatever you need, well they are never at the desk on the floor but this was not a big deal, you pick up the phone in your room and someone is there in a flash.

This is a great five star hotel, it’s not the cheapest but if you want first class accommodations and upscale settings this is the place to stay in Cancun. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Always go with the Ocean front rooms, you want regret it.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time of writing such detailed review regarding your experience at our Resort and allowing us to host your holidays for the second occasion. It is with great pleasure I read we were not just able to meet your expectations but to exceed them during this second visit. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your room accommodation and noticed the improvements made at our Stage bar. Thank you for constructive comments, as they will help us improve and provide a truly five diamond service to all of our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to your return to your home away from home for another relaxing and pampering experience.
Vidor, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

What an amazing place to be. The lovely people who work at Le Blanc are absolutely the most amazing people. There is nothing they can not get, do, make or anything else and time is of no factor. They will iron, wash, draw your bath, get you any pillow you want, make you soup in the middle of the night from scratch if you are sick, etc....! If you download their app then you can email your butler at anytime and whatever your request it will be taken care of before you are back in your room. The spa services are out of this world! It's worth every single dollar!!!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our staff members are our biggest asset and number one reason we continue to be the number one hotel in Cancun. I am glad to know everyone at the Resort went the extra mile to make of your stay a once in a lifetime experience. I hope to have the opportunity to host you holidays once more in the near future.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Pros :

Great service
Great amenities
Super clean
Great food

Cons :
Expensive
Food variety is not limitless (the menus do not change)
Excursions are crappy

What we really liked:

The service around the pool and beach is awesome. They will carry the towels, bring an ice bucket with water bottles, setup the chairs and dig a hole to install the parasol. They will give you complimentary magazines; they will massage your temples, offer fruits, serve food on the beach like nachos, burgers, pizzas, etc.

The internet and long distance to USA and Canada are complimentary. To my surprise the internet works well in the room, in the lobby, at the pool and even at the beach!!! I believe they have a 50mbps line for all you geeks out there. Just dial 9-001-area code-phone number.

Restaurant Lumière: it’s a French fusion restaurant that is worthy of high caliber world class restaurants. The presentation is mind blowing. There are even some touches of molecular cuisine. The portions are small but do not forget that you have 6 to 7 courses - 2hour dinner. A typical night will include an amuse bouche, followed by appetizer (prawn or scallops) then second appetizer (salad hot or cold) then soups (lobster bisque or leak potage) then trou normand (sorbet with alcohol) main course (chicken, filet mignon or fish) then dessert (chocolate anything) then digestif (Bayley’s, tequila, scotch, etc.)

What we didn’t like:

To be fair this is not really about Le Blanc, but about an excursion bought with resort credit so somewhat related to Le Blanc. We used the resort credits to do an excursion. First you have to know that the tour is organised with all the other Palace hotels so you might have to stop to 4 or 5 hotels before actually starting the trip. We went to Coba (close to Tulum) and according to Google it should take around 2 hours to go there from Le Blanc. However with all the stops, it took 4 hours! Then they take you to the mandatory handicraft market (read tourist trap) then they take you to the main event. There, you have to follow your guide in the sweltering heat for 2 hours like cattle. Then they take you to a crappy buffet. The bus was probably built in the 1980. Don’t get me wrong, the 80’s was a cool decade, but when it comes to busses, it scary! The next day we asked the butler to get us a rental car and a lunchbox; it goes without saying that we had a much better day that way. Don’t be put off driving; the roads are in great conditions and directions so clear a 5 year old could do it. By the way, there is only 2 roads, you just can’t get lost. No need for a GPS here. So all in all, you’re in a 5 stars resort but if you take the excursions you will feel like you are in a 3 star excursion.

Constructive criticism:

Inside Lumière there is a smell of humidity, which at first is a bit repulsive, but you get used to it.

It would be amazing if they put felt pads on the legs of the room furniture (chairs, tables, etc) because if you stay in bed late you will hear the maid on the floor on top of you moving the furniture on the floor.

It would be nice to have international non alcoholic drinks offered like Powerade/Gatorade.

We were there 7 days and we would have appreciated having a second set of menus in the restaurants because you will run out of options.

I strongly believe Le Blanc should offer fewer excursions, make them more expensive but increase the quality to make the excursions on par with the quality of the rest of the hotel offerings.

Here is a special thank you all the dedicated people that made this vacation memorable:

Mario and Israel our 7 floor Butlers who arranged everything and patiently answered all our questions.

Mayara the persons bringing us drinks at the beach always with a smile.

Omar the guy bringing us towels and water at the beach, he was always running in the sweltering heat, I have no clue how he does it.

Jose the waiter at Lumière who was knowledgeable, funny and intelligent.

And to all the others who we unfortunately didn’t catch the names we are grateful for your hard work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost allow me to thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your holidays in Cancun and taking the time of sharing your experience with Trip Advisor Readers. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed our pool and beach facilities as well as our Restaurant Lumiere. Our chefs are in a continuous research to provide our guests with the ultimate culinary experience and I am glad to know they continue to accomplish this goal day by day. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments as well, they will help us improve and provide a truly five diamond service to all of our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you once more for another memorable experience.
Ashland, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful stay (again) at LeBlanc! I love getting through the congestion of customs and walking into LeBlanc to be greeted with cold coconut milk and a warm neck wrap!! LOVE IT!
Check in was smooth, as always, and again, I always get a ocean view room! That is what I love to see every day on my week long stay at LeBlanc! The food was FRESH and FANTASTIC!! I loved the oriental fusion restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the pizza by the pool!! The new beach cabanas are excellent! The romantic dinner on the beach was better than last year!
Leblanc was in the spirit of celebrating the World Cup with banners and big TVs set up in the club so my husband could watch the games while eating pizza!! I relaxed by the moon pool after lunch.
Also new this year, 3 Tenors! For romance and just fun, it was great! The service while you are listening to the singers is excellent!
Also, while we were there a large group of salespeople where there as well! It was fabulous to meet them and talk to people from all over the US! Yet, the hotel never felt crowded! We were still able to make appointments at the spa for everything we wanted!
And let me say for the record, the four hands spa treatment was out of this world! My husband and I both had the experience and loved it!! I still love the Bulgari toiletries! I still love the fact that I can always find a lounge chair and the views from both of the infinity pools are very very beautiful and relaxing!! After a long day in the sun, the butler draws your bath in the two person hot tub in your room! How relaxing and romantic!
Also new this year is the romantic dinner on a yacht! Well that was also delicious and well organized! Steak and lobster, how can you go wrong? We celebrated 25 years of marriage this year and the views of Cancun from the lake/lagoon at night on the yacht were breath taking! Again, I met wonderful people and again all food and drinks included on the yacht!
( I too have traveled the world. I have numerous stamps in my new and old passport! My husband and I have never gotten ill traveling! )
I LOVE this resort! My husband loves this resort! We will continue to be pampered and treated like royalty by LeBlanc! If you enjoy that kind of treatment, then I recommend you bring lots of sunscreen because the Mexican sun is hot, hot! Yet, also bring your appetite as the food is
delicious!! The people are smiling and happy to see you! What more can can I say?

Room Tip: Always get ocean view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your holidays once more, it is always a great pleasure to welcome back members of our great Le Blanc Family. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy our new activities as the tenor’s bom fire by the beach, romantic dinner as well as our Chef’s dinner. Allow me to thank you for all of your compliments, they motivate us to provide the best service possible to our guests. We all at Le Blanc look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home for another memorable experience.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Each year we host an annual incentive trip for our organizations top performers.

In 2014 we hosted annual inventive trip winners and their guests to this resort and as a large group we experienced no real issues, the restaurants where very good and offered different choices, how're getting reservations was at times a challenge.

the rooms where very nice and the staff where very good. Never a " no" to any requests

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andreas S, Director General at Le Blanc Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to host you Company’s trip. It is thank you to your valuable feedback I know our staff members did everything in their hands to make of this holiday a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you and your team once more to our Resort for another Le Blanc experience.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at this resort and while there may have been one or two small issues, overall the experience was stellar. A warn neck wrap and cold drink upon checkin, really started us off on the right foot. Next we met our floor "butler", who was there to cater to our every request, from dinner reservations, to unpacking, to stocking our bar and getting the hot tub ready for us (more on that later). After the second day on site we learned that there was an app for the property, which you can use to book the spa and request specific services. There is really something decadent about sitting through a nice dinner, then using your app to order the balcony hot tub, for a specific time, with specific bath scents, so it is ready when you return to your room - complete with some sweets and rose petals. We ate at most, though not all of the restaurants. Overall, the food quality was good, better than most all inclusive hotels I have been to. Be sure to make reservations, so you are assured the pick you want at the time you want. The same could be said for the drinks, which were plentiful and not watered down. So, what could be improved? First, the hot tub on the balcony was plugged into a wall socket near the floor, which shorted out when water was splashed onto it. Second, there was minimal entertainment - a Michael Jackson homage, a magician, a DJ in the bar. For me it wasn't a big deal, but for others looking for a bit of night life may need to head off property. I have been to several properties in Cancun (The Ritz, the JW Marriott, the Sun Palace, Royal Solaris) and this is by far the nicest.

Room Tip: Higher up with a beach view is a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Le Blanc Spa Resort as host of your recent holidays. It is a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us highlighted by the staff attentiveness. Our Resort s thought in a spa environment same reason night activities are quite reserved. Allow me to thank you for all of your comments, they will help us continue to improve and provide a truly five diamond service. Thank you for your preference and look forward to welcome you back once more in the near future.

Been to Le Blanc Spa Resort? Share your experiences!